Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any Texas Hill Country BC Warriors?

Options

Comments

• braids3
    braids3 Member Posts: 131
    Options

i invited Marjorie my bcrc navigator i'm sure she wii have the anwser for alot of our ? and she a neat lady! i'm looking so forwrd to this lucheon i need something before my crazy week see ya soon

love and light chris

• keepthefaith
    keepthefaith Member Posts: 856
    Options
    Great idea Chris! I have met Marjorie. She is full of knowledge and ready to share!
    Looking forward to seeing you all on Monday~
    Enjoy your week-end!
  • keepthefaith
    Options
    Enjoyed meeting you ladies at lunch today. I hope we can do it again soon. Chris, I hope your tests go well this week. I will be thinking about you. I went wig shopping with DD. We only made it to one place, but I did have some luck, I think. Sales lady suggested getting my RX from Dr to get tax free and get reimbursed from ins. So, I guess after I talk to my MO post surgery on the 29th, I will know more about chemo, etc. and will get RX then. Doubt my ins will help, but will call them to see.

((HUGS))
  • rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    Options

Hi y'all

It was so much fun getting to put flesh on our thread! Awesome :) we will do it again soon!

Keepthefaith & JWoo - we are in your pockets for your surgeries (((squeeze)))

Beautiful crisp sunny day! Sending y'all confident positive thoughts and prayers brave warriors!

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• keepthefaith
    Options

Surgery went well. Path report came in today. 3 out of 3 nodes all negative and clear margins! Happy Dance:)

I hope everyone else is doing well~

• jbdayton
    jbdayton Member Posts: 163
    Options

keepthefaith congrats on the negative nodes now you can concentrate on your next treatment.

• braids3
    Options

great keeping faith glad to here it i just started 16 days of rads 2x a day and my scans came back with alot of new places hopefully the new chemo nocks them on there butt great meeting you see ya soon love and light

chris

• rmlulu
    Options

Hi y'all

Keepthefaith - yippee! Happy Dancing :))) clear nodes&margins! Ooo who celebrate...enjoy Canyon Lake with kids and don't over do it...happy healing...yo did good brave warrior!

JWoo - sending calm healing thoughts for speedy recovery and good reports!

Braids - in your picket for rads & new chemo {{{ squeeze}}} you have a great team & attitude!

Jbdayton - congrats as you move through laser tag...hydrate, moisturize, free boobing, you got this!

Compression corset is helping the 3rd girl settle down...feeling the big squeeze ha,

Beautiful TX day...crisp fall air..blue skies....out for a walk then Zumba :)

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• mshelton
    mshelton Member Posts: 23
    Options

Glad to hear that the lunch was good!!! I meant to go but just got diagnosed with a toxic multinodular goiter and thyroidectomy was recommended. (I had 5 medical procedures in 3 days) I had to work on my attitude. Now I think I will cancel the surgery and look closer at alternatives. Also my new plastic surgeon told me that he would not try to replace the expanders until 9 months after the radiation and then talked extensively about how risky it would be for healing and a good outcome. He also detailed how hard it would be to correct what the first surgeon had left especially on the radiated breast side. But it is what it is and I will deal with it.

If another lunch is planned, I will try to attend.

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

I just want to say Thank You everyone! Tomorrow is the big day. If I could only get to sleep tonight I might be alright for the morning. I will be thinking of all of you inspiring and courageous ladies!

mshelton- I hope things get better for you soon and you can start to heal!

keepthefaith- that is awesome!

health and joy to you all!

jeni

• rmlulu
    Options

Hi Y'all

JWoo - today is your day! Hope the sandman brought calm confident dreams. Know that we are in your pocket and look forward to Happy Dancing with you soon!

Mshelton - wow, so much ugh:( sorry your ps is not encouraging...but I've heard that a 9 month wait after rads is normal...so just heal, breathe, and get your healing princess warrior attitude on!

Keepthefaith - happy healing and fun times with family...take a no c vacation...R&R 4U:)

Braids - hope the hew chemo is working!

Where is the TX blue sky? We need the rain...so fill up the lakes and recharge.

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• jwoo
    Options

Hi all! Things are going okay for me. I am not enjoying the dependency on others, but am glad I have them to help me out. It hurts a little less than I expected,  but still really hurts.  Having an issue with one suction tube that had a 'leak' but just put some silicon caulk on it and hopefully that will get me to my first follow up on Monday And maybe they will have my biopsy results then too. 

Hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween! that rain was crazy Wednesday night! 

Xoxo - jeni

• rmlulu
    Options

JWoo - :))) Thanks for checking in. Sorry for the discomfort & drain issues ugh:(. So glad you have family and friends to help you...yes, it's hard to be dependent when we are so use to being independent ... Receive the care in love...the big surprise is how much it blesses the caregiver. Fingers&toes crossed for Mondays appointment. Got my Happy Dance shoes read to twirl:). Now breathe, enjoy the sunshine, relax in that recliner and shout out I DID It! You are a might fierce brave warrior!

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• warrior50
    warrior50 Member Posts: 34
    Options

Just found this thread and wondering if I could join you Texas ladies.

I am not for the hill country either, but Corpus Christi. I am being treated at MD Anderson in Houston, but doing my first chemo (Taxol) here. I also have a house in Austin where my son lives and Richardson where my daughter lives so I am all over Texas all the time.

I am 50 - received DX 3 days before my birthday :(. Kids are technically grown (23 and 27) although both are still in college.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! My husband and I are meeting the kids in New Braunfels for Wursfest this weekend so very excited.

• jwoo
    Options

Welcome Warrior50!

I hope your treatment goes well. We are all Texas women in this together, and our hearts are with you.

Enjoy Wurstfest!

• rmlulu
    Options

Welcome Warrior50!

We will be in your pocket {{{squeeze}}} during chemo:) We TX women stand strong! Enjoy your family time in New Braunfels ...yeah a sunny dry day what out for the river cresting and have one for us at Wurfest :)))

• mshelton
    Options

Warrior 50 -- Enjoy New Braunfels and the family.. Haven't been to Wurstfest since my college days many, many years ago!!!

Jeni--smart move on fixing the hole in the suction tube. I'm waiting for biopsy report on my thyroid this week. I hope your report came out well. I'm sure that the people helping you feel better than they can help.

It's beginning to look like winter is coming. Enjoying all this great weather...even the heavy rains.

Marlene

• jwoo
    Options

Hello ladies!

Just wanted to share my good news- all margins and nodes came back clear! 2 drains were taken out, and the other 2 should come out on Friday. I am so looking forward to that and a real shower!

Hope you are all doing well.

• keepthefaith
    Options

jwoo-so HAPPY for you! I know what a relief that is!!! That is awesome news! I hope that you continue to heal and recover quickly.Happy

• rmlulu
    Options

JWoo - yippee! Happy Dance :) such very good news...will dance right into the shower singing Mandias Overcomer...well done brave warrior!

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• keepthefaith
    Options

FYI ladies, BCRC is sponsoring a free information seminar regarding treatment of SE's of chemo, hand and foot syndrome, LE, etc. on Nov 20th from 6:30-8pm at St David's  on 30th St. library. RSVP to rshaefer@bcrc.org.

I hope you all have a wonderful week-end and can enjoy this cool weather~

((HUGS))

• rmlulu
    Options

Keepthefaith - Thanks for the info!

• braids3
    Options

hi ladies checking in heck of a couple of weeks counts down real low didnt get rads for a a week then no chemo finely got nulasta now i,m back on track hope everyone is doing real good

lots of love and light chris

• keepthefaith
    Options

Chris, good to hear from you! I'm so glad you are doing well enough to get your treatments again. You Go Girl!!!

• rmlulu
    Options

Braids - glad you've turn the corner...doing better...able to resume tx...go kick some!

Have a great weekend!

• mshelton
    Options

Jeni--Fantastic!!! Great news!!!

Chris--back to the war!!!! kick some...

Had my first acupuncture treatment yesterday. I think it actually helped.

My thyroid biopsy came back benign. Good news!!!! They still think I need to have it removed. I'm postponing surgery to remove it and will see what I can do to shrink all the 14 nodes and continue to regain strength and health in general. Not ready for another surgery even is they say it's not a bad one.

Keep warm tonight. It's supposed to be a cold one.

Marlene

• keepthefaith
    Options

Marlene, Great news on your biopsy and glad the accupuncture is helping also! I had a thyroid-lobectomy years ago and it was pretty uneventful if I remember correctly. It was half of my thyroid bc of a nodule. My levels are checked periodically and have been fine. Of course, that is totally different from having the whole thyroid removed. I can't say that I blame you for wanting to postpone surgery for a while after all you have been through. It looks like our DX was close to the same, but I had one tumor. Did you get the onco done? I will have my results this week and really hoping my score is on the low end to avoid chemo. Going to the dentist for 2 fillings today, just in case....

Jwoo, I hope you got your drains out and are doing well!

Happy Hump Day~

Terri

• mshelton
    Options

Terri-- I did get the onco typing and scored a good 11. No chemo. I'll be thinking of you and hope (expect) that you will get good results. Altho I'm not a "believer" in eastern medication, I do like that they seem to treat the whole person while western medication treats symptoms and surgery is often the result. Since cancer of the thyroid was not identified, figure it wouldn't hurt to see if I can improve my general overall health first. so I'm doing a east meets west type of followthru. So I'm taking some chinese herbals, using acupuncture, diet and exercise to improve what I can. Even if my toxic multinodular goiter is not improved, my general health will. Another surgery this year is more than I can tolerate. Been researching breast cancer and thyroid problems.....Lots of conflicting information and interesting information.

I'm curious what others are doing to improve their general health by diet etc. I've started making the purple smoothie recipe that I located on this site (it's good but not for cold days lols) , and eating more organic, going gluten free again (I have a gluten intolerance), increasing sea weed, mushrooms, etc to diet. I was planning on increasing cruciferous veggies (which I love anyway) but then learn that those are contraindicated for people with goiters so I'm thinking this thru.

Anyone attending the Livestrong YMCA free 3 months program for cancer survivors?

Marlene

• keepthefaith
    Options

Thanks Marlene-I will be checking into the YMCA program after my treatment is over, for sure. I am trying to lose a few pounds so I no longer fall into the over-weight category and can be in the "normal" category. I have been walking more frequently... my dog keeps me motivated! I have also been watching my diet more closely. More veggies, for sure cruciferous; less fat, less salt, less sugar, no more wine... I love pastries and baked goods, but I do limit those. I won't give up my dark chocolate though-I consider that its' own "food group"  and I have to draw the line somewhere!  Organic, when I can find and afford it. Costco sells organic chicken breasts...I have my DD pick that up for me when she goes. A lot of our poultry is injected with growth hormones...and here we are! Thankfully, I don't have any other health issues, so my diet is not restricted in that way. I would like to talk to a nutritionist if my health insurance would cover it. I have also seen a few posts here for good books on nutrition.

• jwoo
    Options

Hi ladies!

Just wondering, do any of you take tamoxifen and what side effects do you experience?

I saw my MO on Monday and she gave me the official "you don't need rads but you do have to take this for 5-10 years" (one of my tumors had slight receptor counts.)

Also, I am a vegetarian, so I have to drastically reduce my soy intake since it supposedly interferes with how it works. I guess that is one side effect already :)

Hope everyone is doing well.