Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any Texas Hill Country BC Warriors?

Options

Comments

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    Options

Hi y'all

JWoo - glad all is well...drains out :) and no rads :)))) check out the bottle of tamoxifen thread...I'm on Aromasin...but modified diet...NO SOY...:( but exercise is key for me...pound those bones AIs eat bones.

Keepthefaith&Marilyn - modified diet...organic, vegan, glutten free, no soy...but on Wed/Sat I have samon...read labels like crazy...read the AntiCancer book...great info.

Braids - how are you responding to new tx...better I hope!

Love the balmy fall weather.

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• braids3
    braids3 Member Posts: 131
    Options

wow navelbein is kicking my but so far i've had 2 nutralasta shots an a procrit shot . i did feel good enough to to do my yoga teacher training on sunday and the to the full moon barn dance and saw my friend from Georgia so im real grateful to have the energy to do anything.

great blessing and light to all of u

• keepthefaith
    keepthefaith Member Posts: 856
    Options

Chris,  Sorry to hear that you are having problems, but embrace the good days, for sure! sounds like you are making the best of things-you are an inspiration!

Went to MO today. Onco score was intermediate-21. Decided to go with the TC regimen ; Dr said if it were her Mom, she would say do it...  4 treatments every 3 wks. May start next Tuesday or may have to wait til first wk of Dec. So not looking forward to it, but will do the best I can. I know some of you have been through much worse.

((HUGS))

• rmlulu
    Options

Hi y'all

Braids - sending positive thoughts and prayers for strength and good days! Know you are Kickin back:)

Keepthefaith - sorry your score was in that gray zone...go warrior. Guess 1 tx before Xmas ...we will be in your pocket (((squeeze)))

Shout out TX warriors!

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

Yippee 6 mo post rad mammo today...all good! Happy Dance :)

• keepthefaith
    Options

Cindy, so happy for your good mammo:). Awesome news!

My MO is great. She is trying to schedule my Tx's around holidays and hopefully a trip to Tuscon in Feb. Would probably do 2 tx' by C-mas.  My DD (RN) is stressing bc she wants to help me and is moving next week plus expecting her 3rd baby at the end of Dec. I told her that it will all work out-just talking to her daily is good medicine for me!

I hope we can get together again soon.

Terri

• rmlulu
    Options

(((Terri))) - keepthefaith...PP understand...rock the new do :) and your gift of hair it's worth more than silver.

Hair hair oh crazy hair...again rock the new do...

Cindy

• keepthefaith
    Options

Thanks Cindy! We'll see what we come up with tomorrow on the new do!

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! Have fun and be safe!

• keepthefaith
    Options

I ended up with a bob cut and love it. Am going to enjoy it the next few wks, while I can. Starting chemo on Tuesday, 3rd. Breast cancer resource center is having a holiday open house in Austin on the 5th pm. I think I will try to go.

Happy Thanksgiving you to all, too!

• rmlulu
    Options

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope you'll had a great day! Full bellies & hearts...black Friday begins :)))

• rmlulu
    Options

Hey Keepthefaith - your princess warrior coat is ready...got the pockets loaded...we are all in...take a twirl...cakeballs, snacks, sparkling cider, magic sparkles, we are ready for 12/3!

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• jwoo
    Options

Hope everyone is staying warm! and staying off the icy roads!

Question for you all- did any of you have issues with your bowls after chemo. I have had sometimes sharp and severe pain in my lower right abdomen, for a day now. No issues passing anything, just pain. I emailed my MO and hope to hear from her in the AM. Anyone have that kind of thing?

stay safe out there!

• keepthefaith
    Options

thanks Cindy! Infusion went well. Neulasta shot Wed. Now, fighting these darn allergies. Giving me congestion., Nurse wants me to come in today...ggrrrrrr. I think I finally slept for a few hrs last night; off of the steroids! YAY! A few minor aches, other than that, all is good so far.

jwoo-my only issue at this point is C...very annoying. Have been taking Miralax, senekot, prunes...what's a girl to do? I hope you are okay.

I hope you all are staying warm. I will have to venture out soon, I guess.

((HUGS))

• jwoo
    Options

OOPSI meant Left, not right. My MO said it should not be related to the chemo (even though i never ever had any issues with my digestive system before chemo....) and to contact my primary, who isn't in the office today, of course .I guess I will just go with a clear diet for a day or so to see if that helps.

Keepthefaith- have you tried blackstrap molasses? worked miracles for me! That and pulpy prune juice. I quit taking any lax after about a week on those. And make sure you are drinking your 2-3 quarts of water! I am still doing it and have been out of chemo for a few months. Makes a world of difference of you are not hydrating.. If you care to read it- i have a NSFW blog that talks about my discovery of this magical molasses. I do have sailor mouth, so if you are offended at all by that, it may not be your cup of tea.

http://www.super-crush.com/blahblahblah/?p=153

• jwoo
    Options

hi all!

Hope everyone is feeling good and is ready for the holidays.

Does anyone in the Round Rock or North Austin area know of a yoga studio that has classes for those of us that have recently has mastectomies? I am having a hard time finding any listings for that anywhere.

Thanks!

• keepthefaith
    Options

jwoo, I think Livestrong has a program through the YMCA that offers free classes for cancer patients. I'm not sure if the RR location offers them or not. Let me know if you find one!

((HUGS))

Terri

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Jwoo I did yoga through out all my surgeries. I did not do a yoga class for BC patients but I did speak to my instructor and told her of my limitations. She did some research as we did our classes she would have me do alternative poses. If you have a good instructor the class will not matter all that much. But I would check out livestrong, if you can find a free class take advantage of it.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Here is a free ballet/pilates class starting in Jan 2014 at Ballet Austin. Here is the link, scroll way down on the page. https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ASP/home.asp?studioid=11944

• jwoo
    Options

Thanks so much! I will look into those!

• rmlulu
    Options

JWoo...you can log on to Livestrong and checkout their Austin programs free to you and family! They have some YouTube videos to watch too!

Happy Healing :D

• jwoo
    Options

Just wanted to pop in and wish you all a Merry Christmas! Please be safe out there on the roads!

• keepthefaith
    Options

Merry Christmas everyone!

• rmlulu
    Options

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Here's to us! So much to celebrate:)

• rmlulu
    Options

JWoo - great info! Are you participating in the trial? Sharing with a 3neg friend in Burnet.

Keepthefaith - Teri in your pocket {{{squeeze}}} 2 chemo done.

• RHGSR
    RHGSR Member Posts: 179
    Options

Hi everyone!! I'm a fellow hill country resident over here in San Marcos.  I've been hanging out in the DIEP 2013 forum as I was diagnosed in Oct. 2013 and had BMX with DIEP on Nov. 20th. I'm starting chemo tomorrow and am scared to death. Anyway... Just wanted to introduce myself. I saw this post as I was looking for chemo posts in prep. for tomorrow. 

• keepthefaith
    Options

rhgsr, welcome! Try not to stress about your treatment tomorrow. It will probably be much easier than you are anticipating! I know mine was.

• rmlulu
    Options

Welcome rhgsr!  Congrats on DIEP.  Check out the Dec or Jan chemo threads...we will be in your pocket {{{ squeeze}}}

• keepthefaith
    Options

Here's to a Happy and Healthy 2014!

Blessings and Hugs ladies~

• jwoo
    Options

rhgsr, welcome to the group! Chemo wasn't fun, but it wasn't anywhere near what I thought it would be like. Just remember to stay hydrated. Get a 3 quart pitcher and fill it up in the morning, and finish it before you go to bed every day. It isn't easy, but it is a must!

I hope everyone has a wonderful NYE, and that 2014 brings all of us health and happiness!