Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any Texas Hill Country BC Warriors?

Options

Comments

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

Thanks Cindy!  

I don't wear a bra as I can't figure out what to wear with my shar-pei boobs till my recon. The only thing I can think of that may have triggered it is getting my BP at the dentist, but it was one of those little wrist ones, that didn't even use that much pressure!

I have an appt with my MO on Friday, and of course as soon as I scheduled it, the swelling started to subside a bit :) But she will give me a referral to PT/LE therapist. 

I will take your advice and see if I can get it to go down more on my own until I can get in somewhere. Maybe it isn't LE and I am just over reacting. I've always been a sweller.  Better safe than sorry though. 

Thanks again! 

jeni

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    Options

JWoo - take a pic to share with MO!  I wear a soft control top cami as a bra and additional soft compression ...control top.  Glad you get referral today...it is nice to have the extra help support and education. Journal your LE to see if there are triggers...until than elevate and soft MLD...yeah today was warmer and blue sky:)

TGIF!

Cindy

• tracymangis
    tracymangis Member Posts: 1
    Options

Im from La Grange Tx. Im half way through my chemo treatment for Mammary Carcinoma Triple Negative stsge 3. Im 38. 

• rmlulu
    Options

Welcome Tracy - congrats on 1/2 thru chemo land.  Sorry that we all meet under these circumstances, but there is comfort and strength in finding other warriors.  Ask questions, vent, share victories :) we get it.

Check out the threads for triple negative, women in their 30s, and dec/jan chemo...

Hoping that this spring we all can meet up! A few others will be between treatments.  Sending calm confident thoughts and prayers.

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• RHGSR
    RHGSR Member Posts: 179
    Options

hi Tracy. I'm in San Marcos. Welcome to the club no one wants to join :0). I'm 37.  I have found this forum extremely informational and very positive. Glad you found us. 

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

JWoo you will be very happy with your DIEP

Tracy welcome.  I am from Gonzales.  I have another friend here who is 38 and TN.  She has 3 taxol to go then surgery.

Wanted to share a retreat with you girls.  I went a couple of years ago and it was great.  It is free, you apply and they randomly pick.  They teach you how to flyfish.  They have two a year, one in Boerne and one in Glen Rose.  The webiste is castingforrecovery.org    here is a link to apply for either retreat.  http://castingforrecovery.org/wordpress/?page_id=2838         The deadline for Boerne applicatinion is Feb 10th.  The date of the retreat if April 11-13.  Check it out.  It is only for breast cancer patients no matter where you are at in treatment or finished with treatment.  

• keepthefaith
    keepthefaith Member Posts: 856
    Options

sherryc, thanks for sharing the link. It sounds like fun, although I missed the deadline. I just finished chemo and will be starting rads in 4-5 wks, so don't know if the timing would've worked for it anyway, but I may ck it out next yr.

I hope everyone is doing well! Is anyone up for lunch anytime in the next few weeks? Would love to meet those I haven't yet met!

• rmlulu
    Options

Hi y'all!

Brrr...bring on the sunshine!  Warming up :)))

Keepthefaith - Ooo who!  Happy Dancing :D done with chemo:) yes, time for lunch celebration!

Sherry - I applied for fly fishing...will see the luck of the draw...thx:) never fished

JWoo - when is your DIEP scheduled?

RHGSR - (((hugs))) in chemo land...are you game for lunch?

Tracy - now, 75% done???hope so.??we can work around chemo schedules for lunch. 

Braids - how are you doing...

I've spent the past 2 weeks on boxes...Moving ugh:( next is removing nails, patching walls painting...wall paper removal maybe wait.  LE is getter...think living in compression helps. 

Shout to all!

Keepthefaith, you take the lead on our meet cute:)

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• jwoo
    Options

Oh CIndy- I don't envy you having to move. I hope your LE doesn't give you too much trouble during the process. 

My DIEP is tentatively scheduled for 2/2015. I have to lose about 60-70 lbs first. My surgeon said if I did the surgery, then lost the weight i wanted, i would be very unhappy with my then flat boobs. So, trying to work on my diet changes, and becoming more physically active. SO hard with the tamoxifen fatigue. 

I also start PT this week for LE and general post-surgical issues. I have been afraid to do any upper-body exercises and want guidance. 

Personally, I am enjoying the cool weather while we have it. Not looking forward to night sweats and hot flashes with TX summer.

Keepthefaith- I am so happy for your! Rads will whizz by!

Tracy welcome. I hope your journey is as smooth as it can be. We are all here for you. 

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling decent!

-jeni

• vbishop
    vbishop Member Posts: 332
    Options

Hi Ladies -

Keepthefaith suggested I stop by.  I live in Round Rock, just down the road from Hutto (seriously, like 5 minutes). Here are my stats:

Diagnosed in September with ILC, lymph node biopsy negative, CT scan negative.

BMX 10/8 with tissue expanders.  Exchange surgery 12/23 - love the new girls!!

Docs originally thought I would be a stage 2 or 3; downgraded that to a 1a post surgery path reports.  Onconotype is 9 w/a 7% chance of distant recurrence.  Taking Arimidex for the next 5 - 10 years.  Not sure how my oncologist will monitor for recurrence.  My next appt with him is in March.  I know I will have blood work but I have no idea if additional scans are in my future.

Nice to find a thread of local ladies!!

• Sherryc
    Options

vbishop welcome, every MO is a little different but most seem not to do additional scans so don't be surprised if they say no scans in the future.  Most go by if you have a pain that does not go away in two weeks then follow-up. My MO does blood work and tumor markers every visit, also clinical breast exams.  No more scans unless something is felt then would probably have a US or MRI.  Drove me crazy the first couple of years.  The only thing that finally settled me down was that I was having terrible chest pains so they rain all kinds of CT's on my chest and abdomen to rule out cancer which it did.  So it finally put my mind to rest.  I was a little over 2 years out when that happened.  I ended up with a problem with my pancreatic enzymes which is what was causing the pain.   I am with you I love my new girls.  My PS did an excellent job despite having had lots of damage from rads.  

• keepthefaith
    Options

Tracy, vbishop, welcome! Glad you found us here.

Cindy, take it easy on the moving!

I am pretty much open to a get together anytime after the 24th or so. Maybe PF would be good since some are farther South. Cheddars off of IH 35? Any suggestions?

• rmlulu
    Options

Happy Valentines Day Y'all!

Oooo who...yippee :))) sunshine :) 70s :D

Not sure who recommended Casting for Recovery...but Thank You!  My application was accepted...faxing medical release to MO this afternoon.  Never ever fished yet fly fishing...my dad is an avid fly guy so it would be great to surprise him an outing.  We will see. 

Keepthefaith - I'm open & flexible :) hope y'all will join us

Vbishop - welcome! Congrats on your progress.  Enjoy the new girls:). Whew, what a journey this is, but so much better shared. 

Time to get in gear and get garage looking better...warm enough to venture out there...boxes attic bound...2 cars may be in there before Springtime hail...goal. 

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• keepthefaith
    Options

Awesome news Cindy! I'm sure it will be fun~

• Sherryc
    Options

Cindy that is so cool, I am the one that posted Casting For Recovery.  You will have a blast.  And you were so lucky to get picked your first time.  I got lucky the first time as well but met others on my weekend that had applied several times before they were picked. Just luck of the draw.  If you girls do an Austin outing let me know, I don't know if I can join as I have to plan ahead with work and all and I live an hour away from Austin.

Sherry

• jwoo
    Options

Ladies, I have a question for you: 

Does your face actually look like
    your physiognomy has changed? I kept looking at myself in the mirror,
    thinking that I didn't look like myself, and thought it was an emotional
    response. But yesterday I was out with several old friends and some
    photos were taken, which once I saw them, I had to ask my bf if that was
    what I looked like now. He said yes, that my face looks different now.
    Not just a weight thing either. that there is an actual change in the way my face looks.  

• rmlulu
    Options

JWoo - hummm?  I see a difference...think my face reflects the trauma and terror of the past 5 years...the toil death of a child, 3 yrs of husband battling cancer, and now my PTSD.  Plus the hair hair hair thing...yeah no chemo, but my hair released big time during hubby's 3 months in hospital most in ICU and the whole home care infusion stuff...but most of all the loss of innocence...now I think there's a determination to live out large...cease the day...but yes in those quite when no one is looking times I think when how did I get here and who is that woman looking back at me...I'm for TBT everyday!

• keepthefaith
    Options

jwoo, I felt like that the other night; I had taken two ambien and was kind of whoozy though!:). It was almost as if I was having an out of body experience and someone else was looking back at me...very weird. The lastest pics I had taken were with my wig and it was wind blown; my face looked pudgy, but other than that, idk. I'm sure we do look different, like Cindy said. The trauma we are going through, etc. does probably change us in a lot of ways that we don't even realize.  We are still strong, beautiful women no matter what we look like on the outside!

• rmlulu
    Options

Hi y'all

Love TX...shorts flip flops, parka rain boots...come on blue bonnets!

Keepthefaith - Teri congrats on escape from chemo land...rads will be radiant. Rest and recoup! Meet up?

JWoo - take more selfies...your inner self will shine thru...takes time to come back...luv your smile:)

Vbishop - breathe, March is here and NED.  Share your monitoring plan...interesting how all are same/different!

Sherry - getting excited about CFR...maybe the thought of being outside, pampered, 1st fish:)

Tracy - hope you are done and taking a no c vacation from treatment!

RHGSR - thinking if your pink sneakers!  Hope you are out of chemo land and doing well.

In CA, surgeon is adamant not hernia so hubby goes in for scans tomorrow...hope it's something easy.  Will stay for GS & Dads BDays...than home for Spring rain & flowers...oh and my 1st fish:))) waders lol

Shout out to all

(((Hugs)))

Cindy 

• keepthefaith
    Options

Cindy, thanks! I hope your hubbys' scans went well. I am ready for a meet up whenever everyone else is!

jwoo, holli, sherry, tracy, vbishop....what do you think?

seems like everyone has been quiet here lately. I hope you all are doing well!

• Sherryc
    Options

Would love to have a meet up.  Saturdays are best for me as I work full time and live an hour from Austin.  If someone wants to plan something for a Saturday I'm in.  My GPS will get me there.

• keepthefaith
    Options

sherry,  a Saturday is fine for me. The first one I have available is the 22nd...the 29th would work also. Anyone else have a preference?

Cindy, will you be back by then?

• rmlulu
    Options

Hi y'all

Rain, rain, rain and crazy windy..SoCal has tornado warnings along the coast:)

I'm game 3/29...pick a Saturday that works for the most!

Should know hubby's results Thursday...waiting:(

Next weekend is GS 3rd Bday zoo...than my dads 3/22...surprise I'll be planning party now that I'm here and Rancho Mirage is calling them...lol the citrus blossoms are so fragrant...blue bonnets soon.

Hope y'all are great TGIF :D

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• jwoo
    Options

Hi everyone- I can do the 29th if it is breakfast as I have to work Saturdays at 130. Otherwise, I am off Sun/Mon so anytime on those days.

I am in Round Rock- there is a great greasy spoon called the 620 Cafe that serves fresh everything. It is home cooking, diner food. They bake their own bread and all their muffins, cakes, and pies. just throwing that out there as an idea. 

Cindy- stay safe out there! hope your fella is doing well!

Hope all you ladies are doing well, and welcome to anyone new!

xoxo- jeni

• keepthefaith
    Options

29th is good for me. Anytime is fine.

I spent yesterday, last night and most of today at my DD's babysitting my 3 grandsons. We walked to the park and it wore me out, but I made it! I think my fatigue is lessening. I'm sure I will sleep well tonight:).

I hope I get the all-clear on Tuesday to start my rads soon.

Stay warm ladies...this weather is crazy!

• rmlulu
    Options

Hi y'all

I'm game for late breakfast on Sat 29 at JWoo's suggestion ...

Whatcha y'all think!

Teri - 3X fun glad your energy levels coming up:)

Car pool anyone?

• RHGSR
    RHGSR Member Posts: 179
    Options

hi ladies. The 29th probably won't work for me :0( but maybe I can catch y'all next time. The college here in San Marcos does a community service project each spring where they help local non profits and families fix up their places. We have a lot of outside work that needs to be done. I'm usually my husbands helper but the cancer has put an end to that for now. My husband is an alumni and I'm a student so we were nominated as one of the job sites and we got accepted. So we will have about 30 Texas state bobcats helping at our place for about 4 hours on the29th.  I'm so excited for my hubby. He has really needed the help. 

• braids3
    braids3 Member Posts: 131
    Options

would love to do a meetup let me know where and when kinda feeling like i need some kindship. going to houston for a second opion on the radiation recall. not tomany have seen it here should be back by the 20th love to all

• keepthefaith
    Options

holli, sorry you can't make it, but congrats on your acceptance of the help! That is awesome. Hopefully, we can see you next time.

braids, looks like the 29th for late breakfast/brunch somewhere off of 620. Can't remember where. I hope you can make it. Good to hear from you and good luck in Houston.

sherry, can you make it?

Let's hope the cold weather is over. I forgot to cover my plants the other night and they are looking pitiful...

looking forward to seeing you all soon!

((HUGS))

• Sherryc
    Options

I should be able to make the 29th.I will be coming from south 183.  As long as I have an address I can put it in my gps.  

braids3 what is this about radiation recall?? never heard of it.