Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Stage 2 Sisters Club

Comments

• pink_is_my_colour
    pink_is_my_colour Member Posts: 265
    edited October 2017

Thanks Ruth. I see my MO for a follow-up visit Nov 2 and to start some type of hormonal therapy. I'll be mentioning the study to see what they have to say. In the mean time, chemo is finished and radiation will start next week. Fingers crossed that this never comes back.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,582
    edited October 2017

If you are just starting, I wouldn't even worry about the end date. Hopefully, they will be able to give you much clearer guidelines by the time you need them.

• grandma3X
    grandma3X Member Posts: 297
    edited October 2017
    I think I missed my check-in last month, so here I am a day early :)
    After several postponements, I finally had my fat grafting and oopharectomy on the 11th of this month. The fat grafting looks good, better than the first time, and I've decided that this is the end of surgeries for me. Time to move on!! The ooph was easy, and I was able to go on a 7 hour road trip 2 days after surgery.

Life is good. My daughter had a baby on Labor Day (LOL) so I'm now grandma4x :) I was also just offered a promotion at work, just out of the blue. I did not know I was even being considered. I like my current job though so I'm not sure if I want to get into something new at this point with retirement coming in a couple of years.

Hope you are all doing well and enjoying fall.
  • PauletteK
    PauletteK Member Posts: 1,279
    edited October 2017

I’m checking in , still doing my taxol got 5 more to go. Looks like it’s gojng to end before Christmas. I’m hooding my neuropathy won’t be too bad so I can finish my taxol. Or else I might have to stop early. I’m going to see my MO this Thursday we will see what happens.

Hope everyone are doing good, congrats grandma4. Prayers for all the pink sisters everything goes well.

• pink_is_my_colour
    edited October 2017

Grandma3X you'll have to change your nickname now to Grandma4X. Congrats! Aren't grandkids just the best.

Radiation has started. Still early though for any side effects with only 2 down and 17 to go. Lots of sharpie marker all over me.

Woke up to a winter wonderland today with heavy wet snow still falling. Oh well, I guess it was time. No chance that winter won't show up this year. Always seems to rain or snow on Halloween.

• ruthbru
    edited October 2017

Congratulations Gramma4X! I'm glad everything is going well your way. You'll have to let us know what you decide about the job (nice to be asked even if you don't decide to take it!).

Hope your MO can give you some insights on the Taxol, Paulette. Blah, chemo will be a good thing to have BEHIND you!

Pink, keep smearing on whatever ointment they recommend (not before radiation, but right afterward and then again before you go to bed at night; I brought a small tube into the changing room with me & used it right after I got zapped).

DH & I had a very fun trip to Washington, DC at the beginning of the month. I think we squeezed as much as humanly possible in the space of one week! We have been doing 'getting ready for winter' yard work ever since. We raked & raked & raked, put away patio furniture, hoses etc., cut back the perennials, and pulled the annuals..... it looks and feels like late fall around here, and we've already had some snow flurries. Burr.......but don't feel too sorry for me, because next week I will be in Florida on a Girlfriends Beach Vacation!

• opt4life
    opt4life Member Posts: 111
    edited November 2017

Happy Halloween, hope everyone is doing well and moving forward. A few weeks ago I 'celebrated' two years since diagnosis and it seemed almost surreal how fast it went. I remember when I was diagnosed, my surgeon told me it was going to be the longest year of my life and I certainly couldn't see past all the treatments and surgeries.

I'm back on my Aromasin after Letrozole had my feet and ankles so swollen, I couldn't fit any of my shoes. Just weird. But other than that, I'm feeling pretty good.

I have another six month check-up/mammogram in December and praying for a continued 'no change'.

Peace and blessings

• Molly50
    Molly50 Member Posts: 3,008
    edited November 2017

I missed my check in. Congrats to you, Grandam3x! I am a grandma to one and he is the light of my life. I am doing well. Just crazy busy with work and home life.

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    edited November 2017

I haven't checked in for a while either...Congrats, Gma! hope radiation goes well, Pink...

I've been busy too, my big news being that I am having my knee replaced tomorrow, and am in escrow on a new condo that will be our retirement home once hubby retires...lots to report and catch up on,but so little time! Will check in after the knee replacement to let you all know how it went...

Hugs to all;

Octogirl

• opt4life
    opt4life Member Posts: 111
    edited November 2017

Warms my heart to read you ladies are forgetting to check-in because you're living life.

Octo, Congrats on the new condo and new knees! Be blessed.

• pink_is_my_colour
    edited November 2017

Octogirl: My hubby had a knee replacement six years ago. He was in agony for years and refused to get one but says he wishes he'd done it earlier. Best thing he ever did.

Opt4Life: Am just beginning to start reliving again. Radiation is 5 down and 15 to go. Yesterday they put me on Letrozole. I had a choice between that or Tamoxifen. Yikes, the list of side effects for Tamoxifen was quite a bit longer than Letrozole. I see you're on the same drug. Have you experienced any side effects yet?

Ruthbru: Thanks for the heads up on lotions. So far I've stayed away from all deodorants, soaps, and lotions. They have me all stickered and lots of sharpie marks all over. Mostly, it's been soreness from having my arms above my head for 25 - 30 minutes. I've got some exercises to do to help with that part.

• swg
    swg Member Posts: 59
    edited November 2017

Hi everybody! I'm in the "thought I was stage 1, but biopsy report was wrong and my MRI results now put me in Stage 2" category.

As you can see by my diagnosis, I have 2 ER+/PR+ HE2- tumors in my right breast, and that boob is going bye bye on Nov. 28th. I'm keeping the left, because she hasn't done me wrong.

Getting immediate reconstruction on the right, and my BS feels certain they can make it aesthetically pleasing and matching the left w/out having to do anything to the left, which is great (fingers crossed).

After surgery I might have to do rads, if I have any positive nodes, and will go on Tamoxifen.

Nice to meet everyone.

• TWills
    TWills Member Posts: 509
    edited November 2017

swg, your PS with do reconstruction before rads(if needed)? I think that's kinda rare. My original PS wouldn't even put an expander in before rads.

• swg
    swg Member Posts: 59
    edited November 2017

That's my BS's plan..I have to meet with the PS on Wednesday..I'm gonna ask him about that.

• HoneyBeaw
    HoneyBeaw Member Posts: 150
    edited November 2017

Pink

I have been on Letrozole since March and have not had much if any issues, maybe my hands hurt more but really cant be sure if its that or just years of working with my hands and its all catching up with me . . I have been gaining weight but that could be because I cant keep a spoon out of my hand. Have started working out again so hopefully that will take care of the weight issue.

I wish you well and hope Letrrozole works good for you

• pink_is_my_colour
    edited November 2017

Thanks HoneyBeaw, good to know that. The weight gain could be from water retention. It's one of the side effects. I lost a little weight during chemo which I hope to keep off now that my clothes fit better. But as you said keeping that spoon out of my mouth is getting harder now that my appetite is back. I've started back in with walking on the treadmill twice a day for 20 minutes. I'm hoping it will help with any muscle or joint pain. I've got 6 out of 20 rads done.

This tropical storm called cancer is almost over.

• jaymeb
    jaymeb Member Posts: 241
    edited November 2017

Hi all, My name is Jayme. I have had trouble getting on this site. I have read all the posts and I really like this forum. You ladies are wonderful and very knowledgeable, I love the support you give each other, and I would like to be part of this group

• ruthbru
    edited November 2017

Welcome, Jaymeb!

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

Welcome Jay!

• stephilosphy00
    stephilosphy00 Member Posts: 161
    edited November 2017

Yesterday was my 1st cancer anniversary! I am very proud of myself that I can stay strong throughout this toughest year of my life. I am still under treatment, I just started second round of Xeloda yesterday (need to do 6 rounds).

• TWills
    edited November 2017

Yesterday was my anniversary as well, it's been a long year but I don't think I've ever accomplished as much before in 12 months.Lol

• ruthbru
    edited November 2017

Congratulations, ladies!

• legomaster225
    legomaster225 Member Posts: 356
    edited November 2017

Congratulations on the cancerversaries. Welcome swg and jaymeb.

Swg, I had my pre-pecimplants placed at the same time as my skin/nipple sparing BMX. Radiation followed about 8 weeks later. Seems to be working out fine so far and no more surgeries needed

• OCDAmy
    OCDAmy Member Posts: 289
    edited November 2017

What date do you consider as your anniversary? The day your cancer was confirmed?

• legomaster225
    legomaster225 Member Posts: 356
    edited November 2017

Good question Amy! I was wondering the same thing. Is it the day I was diagnosed (obviously it was there prior to that)? first day of treatment? or the day of surgery (when hopefully all of it was removed)?

• TWills
    edited November 2017

For me it was the day I received my biopsy results, diagnoses day. I guess you could have a lot of Anniversary days concidering different treatments and surgeries. I don't want that many though. I don't think I'll concider or think about any of them at all actually.

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

congrats ladies, this is such a hard path to go through. It took me down and I’m still trying to get up from the gutter.

• stephilosphy00
    stephilosphy00 Member Posts: 161
    edited November 2017

I am wondering if I am the only stage II to do Xeloda?

• OCDAmy
    OCDAmy Member Posts: 289
    edited November 2017

I just remember at my appointment with the oncologist his NP said, in a year from now this will all be over. I thought...a year from now? I was hoping this would be over sooner than that. Now it looks like it will actually be longer than that by the time I finally get my implant surgery. Cancer sucks.

• jaymeb
    jaymeb Member Posts: 241
    edited November 2017

Hello ladies, and thanks for making me feel welcome. If it's ok, I will give some more information. Since the age of 28, I had fibrosistic tumors in my left breast. So, my doctor told me to keep up with my self breast exams. At the age of 40, I had a mammogram. All was fine, and I have very dense breasts. I would always examine my left beast. In December of last year, I noticed my nipple was inverted. I thought that was odd, however, I ignored it. In January, I noticed that my nipple was still inward with some pain involved. So, I googled it, and saw this could be a symptom of breast cancer. I freaked out, and had a mammogram the next day. As I knew, there was an area ofconcern, so I was to have biopsy. A week later, the results benign. The breast surgeon was not convinced of the results, so I had another biopsy done, and a week later, the result was malignant. I was not surprised. I also had a 7 cm palable lump. Thank goodness only 1.3 cm. was cancerous. The remaining lump was a papilloma. My cancer was a grade 2, with one lymph node involved. I sought two opinions, and had 28 treatments of radiation. I did have the onco dx test, and my score was 14. No chemo. Did anyone find their cancer themselves? Also,did any of you have a biopsy that came back benign, and turned out malignant? Is this called a false negative, or positive? I still have more questions which I'll ask later. I would love to hear from you. Sorry for typing so much. This is so new for me