Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Stage 2 Sisters Club

Comments

• maureen1
    maureen1 Member Posts: 87
    edited October 2013
    YAAY - Joe, congratulations to you and your wife - chemo will be your rear view mirror now:)

Colt - thanks for checking in, so good to hear things are going well. Always appreciated the perspective you brought to the boards but glad you and your wife are moving past cancer and enjoying life:)
  • JDB53
    JDB53 Member Posts: 139
    edited October 2013

Thanks everyone! I am so glad to have found you. Don't know if I would have made it without you all!

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,258
    edited October 2013

JDB53 - yay!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,594
    edited October 2013

Congratulations to Mrs. JD!! (If the emotions were back, I would add a big smiley face!)

• colt45
    colt45 Member Posts: 382
    edited October 2013

Maureen, I will always check in. You are one of the main reasons that I will. If I'm not posting, I'm checking PMs and will always respond.

Bless you.

• aviva5675
    aviva5675 Member Posts: 836
    edited October 2013

congrats Joe, seems like only yesterday you were starting...Im sure you are both thrilled to be done!

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited October 2013

it is such a milestone to be finished with a treatment. I remember when I completed my last radiation treatment, all the nurses and rad techs came out to the lobby of the cancer center with me and applauded as I was given a mallet to ring the Bell of Hope! Even the patients clapped. I burst into tears realizing that I had made it through a mastectomy, chemo and radiation. It seemed like such a long journey, but I was victorious. I hope victory for each of you as you travel down this tough road. You are all warriors!

Colt, I feel the same warmth and kindness from your comments as well. You have encouraged me many times. Blessings to you and your dear wife!

• NisaVilla
    NisaVilla Member Posts: 505
    edited October 2013

BC Friends,

My very-dear friend who surprised me showing up and hanging out with me during my last chemo, who supported me from the very beginning of my cancer, and who herself dealt successfully with DCIS a couple of years ago, committed suicide yesterday leaving behind a devastated family and friends who adored her. I am so sad, and angry that she could beat cancer but not depression. Thank you for listening, Nisa

• ruthbru
    edited October 2013

I am so, so sorry. Depression is such a horrible and insidious disease, and so very difficult to fight. My deepest sympathies to you and to all who loved her.

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited October 2013

Nisa how terrible! So very, very sorry for your and her family's loss.

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited October 2013

How awful! I am so very sorry for you, and her family.

• cakes
    cakes Member Posts: 89
    edited October 2013

Oh Nisa how sad. So sorry for the loss of your good friend. Please know you and her family are in my prayers.

(((BIG HUG)))

• planetbananas
    planetbananas Member Posts: 109
    edited October 2013

Oh Nisa, I am so very sorry. I haven't been around this forum much but I have been lurking and reading. I am sending you lots of hugs.

• JDB53
    JDB53 Member Posts: 139
    edited October 2013

I am starting today with prayers for you and your friend and her family. Heartbreaking!

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited October 2013

Nisa I don't have yhe words to express the sadness I feel for the choice your friend made.My heart goes out to you and to everyone else who loved her

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,258
    edited October 2013

nisa - this is too sad, and I know you understand her reasons for doing this, but I also know it does not make it any easier for you, or her loved ones. I am so sorry and am sending you strength.

• maureen1
    edited October 2013

Many tears for a life gone too soon....

• isis13
    isis13 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2013

This is my first time posting anything! (except FB). Diagnosed with IDC again after 14 years. First time around it was on right breast and no node involvement but ER+ PR- HER2 +++. Lumpectomy, 7 nodes taken, 4 a/c and 4 taxol and 35 radio and arimidex for 5, thought I was home free. This September I was diagnosed with IDC in left breast, lumpectomy and have sentinel node involvement, ER+/PR- HER-. Stage 2. I am now 66 years and started Cytoxan/Taxotere last week. Will have 6 cycles and then radio. etc. Although C/T is not as bad as the "red devil" I find I am very tired, fluish, achy and depressed.... Is this normal? Had Neulasta Injection day after first chemo. Any words of advise are most welcome.

• NisaVilla
    edited October 2013

Thank you dear Friends. Your words bring comfort and peace. It is so good to have this he place where I can share my pain. Out in the world, I am trying to be strong for others. It is all very fresh and everyone is devastated. Nisa

• ruthbru
    edited October 2013

Hang in there, Nisa.

• jcolford
    jcolford Member Posts: 70
    edited October 2013

So sorry to hear about your friend Nisa. Know that I am thinking of you and your friend's family - blessings to all.

• mjsgumbas
    mjsgumbas Member Posts: 323
    edited October 2013

So sorry for your loss Nissa - my thoughts & prayers are with you and everyone sharing your loss.

• Mely19
    Mely19 Member Posts: 66
    edited October 2013

So so sorry Nisa. How devastating this must be for you all. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there.

• NisaVilla
    edited October 2013

Hi Everyone and thanks again for all your support. Catholic service for my friend was yesterday. Now the beginning of a new stage of life without her around but forever in our hearts.

How is everyone doing? Hopefullynsilence means everyone is well and busy living life. My BC good news is neuropathy is receding, hair is returning dark (was auburn) but will take it any color, even purple and orange. One concern is my back, upper left. Been experincing pain. What in the past would have been "blaming the mattress" now it is fear of bone mets. MRI next week.

Hugs to all and send update! Nisa

• planetbananas
    planetbananas Member Posts: 109
    edited October 2013

Nisa,

good luck and best wishes with your MRI. Your mastectomy was just in April, so maybe there is some nerve damage and its radiating towards your back and its not mets. I will be sending you hugs and good wishes.

• mjsgumbas
    edited October 2013

Hope everyone had a good weekend and all are feeling good! 

Feeling a little anxious, having a corrective surgery in 10 days and not looking forward to going under the knife again.  I had immediate implants done and the right side decided to sink a little.  I was just starting to feel more comfortable 6 months out, physically & mentally.  The plus is I get some lypo done to fill in the imperfections : ) 

Hope your MRI goes well Nisa!!

• NisaVilla
    edited October 2013

Planetbanans - got your hugs, thanks :) Radiating pain from nerve damage never sounded so good! I too think alog those lines - during the day. Then I go to sleep and the C-monster comes out and scares my pjs off.

Mjsgumbas - It should be easier for the surgeon to get t fully right this time since there is no cancer to deal with. Nice that you are getting it done before the holidays, I hope all goes well. My implant surgery is in Dec. I will be learning from you.

Nisa

• mjsgumbas
    edited October 2013

im sure we'll still be checking in here Nisa. I will be praying for youHappy

• maureen1
    edited October 2013

mjsgumbas...know how you feel...I had a BMX and went direct to implants in March... in November I have to have a revision done too and I am not looking forward to it...scar tissue is preventing the implant from settling into the alloderm pocket so the PS is going take out the scar tissue, put in a new implant and build a new pocket...hope your surgery goes well (((Hugs)))

(((Nisa))) sorry the monster is invading your nights...thinking of you and sending you (((Hopeful Hugs)))

• ruthbru
    edited October 2013

Just got back from a really fun family reunion in Wisconsin.