Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

Scatological. Damn, it's too early to be looking up big words Bobo!

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

Good morning all,, and good evening to our Aussie friends.  Hope you all slept well.

Must make a Target run today.  Wondering if our Target has TimTams,,,, will report back.

Many scratches on right hand (NOT LE) from yesterday's yard work.  Damn palm fronds,,, it looks like I took a razor blade and made many little slices on hand. Good grief,,, must be more careful. And yes, I was wearing gloves.

DP!!   Hope you are surrounded by love and light and puppies!  **waving**

If we only had transporters,,, damn science,,,

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

Glennie, how could that be true if you were wearing gloves? What were you doing out there: hacking through the brush with a machete?

PRB, you are too hard on me!!! :)

• prb1956
    edited February 2015

Bobo - it's a tough job, but someone has to do it. How does DLLP take it? All those big words and such :) No wonder she doesn't have time to help you much ... she's off running to dictionary.com to look up what you just said! Busy,busy,busy! I suppose some things might be worth it when there's a smooth landing field involved.

Hi DP!!!!! Thinking of you.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

OMG, is this being easier on me? You are making me pee.

DLLP does NOT look up words on dictionary.com -- she barely listens to me. Two nights ago I took a picture of her giant belly and sent it to Idesim in a text! Oh, it was so funny! Idesim has dressed me down for days over that.

Trying to cheer myself up. How are you feeling, DP? **waving**

• prb1956
    edited February 2015

Hah. I think I saw DLLP looking up the Rosetta Stone course for Bobo-speak! Poor lady....and now you are texting pictures of her body parts to Boston? Is that anyway for a newlywed to act?

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

DLLP is one of the only people who speaks Bobo, she is practically a native speaker.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

I should be working, but I am being thoroughly entertained by this exchange :)

PRB, just think, you can add running to the dictionary into your daily workout :) For me, it's Wikipedia.. because I am that lazy.

Yes! There was a Zoom.. I think... when I try to think of it I get Romper Room images.. it's like a zoom/romper room orgie. Did anybody else have Romper Room or was it a Bawston thing?

Bobo! Leave her tummy alone!! And for hell's sake... it's DW now!! Get with the program! :) Don't you have a project to be working on? 333 or whatever?

Is Z ok??

More snow today... I am singing "oooooooooovvver it!"

{{{{DP}}}}

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

I speak Bobo, but then again, I was an English teacher for decades! Also took Latin as a child, great for dissecting words! Lol

I also understand those that speak "country", "urban", and "twang" dialects. I do some great renditions, which amused my students to no end! They liked my Brooklyn/Queens the most!

Why is insurance so crazy in America? I can't imagine paying over 1K and still having to meet a 2500 per person deductible. I may not have the popular opinion, but I am all for socialized medicine. My relatives in Denmark pay dearly in taxes, but the are taken care of from cradle to grave. My MIL pays a fortune for "gap insurance" and then still pays a small fortune for her monthly meds! Okay, enough said

Hi DP! Hope you are having a better day! Sending you healing light and much love!

• SC60
    edited February 2015

Idesim, I grew up in NY and Romper Room was part of my daily routine. I ate lunch with that show. Romper stomper bomper boo, tell me tell me tell me who... Since my name was so common she would look into her magic mirror and I swore she saw me. Comparatively, we were so gullible back then!

When I looked up Zoom I found a video of the program. Must be from my older kids time as I don't remember it at all. I call the '80's my lost years. I was so busy raising kids and working I have very few memories of anything other than my kids and working!

Weather person is predicting rain to snow tonight. I will believe it when I see it. So sorry about yet another New England storm. You can come to VA and see rain instead! Temps so much higher you will feel like it is spring!

Hugs to DP

• jennie93
    jennie93 Member Posts: 263
    edited February 2015

LOL, no, I've been here all along, just don't have much to say.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

Bobo!!!!

Just got my mail, awwwww, the pics are so nice! Everybody looks so happy

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

Yes I remember Miss Sally (Miss Nancy's daughter). I watched everyday hoping she would see me in the magic mirror. But No, she just could see Susan, and Karen and Cathy and Sheila and Amy(so close )...but not Andrea. Maybe that is the root of my feeling invisible through out my life. Lol.

Wish

• SC60
    edited February 2015

Andrea, while I was thrilled that she "saw" me, it was a bit creepy too. Guess that is why I always feel like I am being "watched"! Oh, the damage that show did! (I never got one of the nifty horses either!) Lol

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

I sure wish DP or Bond would check in. I don't like that she's only waking up for pain meds. Don't want her in that much pain.

I may have spoken too soon. I got a call back on my mammo wanting more photos of my lovely girl. They have called me back before and it was nothing, so I'm telling myself that's what it will be. At least I will talk to the radiologist afterward and not have to wait. I go in at 9am Friday (tomorrow). I refused to cancel my art class today to have them done today. Lots of room in my messenger bag.

I remember Zoom. I think I'm too old for Romper Room. For a long time, we didn't have a TV. We got one the year they changed something and you had to buy a box. Waste of money. We only watch natural disasters and an occasional program on the educational channel. We would watch more of the latter but the good stuff is on at 10. I like to go to bed at 10.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

I'm here. Prayed last night at 10 and felt peaceful, calm. Bond nor DP returned my text this am.

Had bc mtg last night. Spent night with my aunt. Was thoroughly spoiled. Watched greys anatomy, Nashville, had homemade bread for breakfast! Slept 6 hours straight.

Been running like a chicken. In the big city so had to make the most of it. Taxes, Target, JCP, JS and MMR booster.

Have mtg with teacher to pick her brain on strategies for kids. Zumba tonight but will be surprised if I can make it.

Can't remember what's on the books for tomorrow.

Wish someone was close to shop with. JCP has some cute dresses. Need makeup advice. BB cream too dark. Noticeable on face. Is it old (probably) or I'm just winter pale?

Hello sleeping beauty!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

in the bag Wrenn. Good for you for putting yourself and art class first!

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

Wren, I have had numerous call backs too and they were usually nothing. In the bag for tomorrow.

What are you doing in your art class??

Waving to Sleeping Beauty.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

ooo, much convo since I left!  Success:  Tim-Tams found at Target. Will report on them later. Came home and did more yard work. Yes, Bobo,, I wear gloves!  Not sure how I got these scratches.Right arm pretty beat up. Those palmettos are really brutally sharp.  Neighbor (the puppy's mom) came over and helped me today! That was so nice!  Put puppy on the tie out and he ran around, getting tangled up! The view is looking better and better. I'm quite excited by this!  Will do gardening any day over housework. 

I vaguely remember Romper Room,, think that was my little brother's era. I do remember watching Captain Kangaroo.

You texted a pic of DLLP's belly to ldesim?? Oh my!

PRB: I am for socialized medicine too. I spent too many years in retail pharmacy, seeing people who couldn't afford their meds. It is wrong, wrong, wrong.  When I was at Shands outpt pharmacy, one of my jobs was helping people fill out forms to the drug companies for compassionate supplies. (pre computer days), It was a victory every time I got some. One of the times in my career where I felt like I was really helping someone.        **I got you a 90 day supply for $5!!**  Those times were joyful.   I have to say I would gladly pay more taxes for everyone to have access to health insurance a la Europe, Canada, Aus. etc.

Wren:  in the bag for Friday!  Sucks you have to go back again. I will bring the Tim-Tams 

S:  you better be coming to NOLA cuz I want to hear all your accents. The 80's are pretty much a lost decade for me too,,, but for other reasons!

Z:  glad you got spoiled!!  I am dedicating one of these Tim-Tams to you.  Or two.  Sleeping for 6 hours straight must have felt really good! 

Must eat and get ready to work. 

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

I got mail too!  Love the piccies!!

HI DP!!  How are you doing today? Hope you got the piccies  too.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

oooo Andrea & Sgc! Class Action suit against Romper Room .. I love it!!

I bet Z will remember Zoom.. Bobo, I bet you remember Zoom. I have to google Zoom now and see the vids.. You Tube is banned here, so I'll have to do it when I get home. Guess I have to wait to see more pics til I get home too!!!

Jennie, I bet you have plenty to say.. in fact I bet you are BURSTING to say things :) j/k.. you can stay quiet and lurk if that's your preference :)

More friggin snow today I guess and another large storm on Saturday... once upon a time I'd say I prefer rain over snow.. but I might just have changed my mind. It's so gross outside now.. everything is brown slush from melting snow & sand.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

ha.. I never posted that like 2 hours ago... I'm such an idiot at times :) Noticed it in my browser.

*waves* See you all later.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

In the bag for tomorrow Wren, I usually get the call backs, more years than not, missed last year though, hope that doesn't mean I am due this year. Hoping all goes well.

Zills, so glad you got a day/night like that! 6 straight hours sounds like heaven. I was sending prayers the same time as you, let's hope Heaven was flooded with prayers for DP. I wish Bond would post here for her right now until she feels she can. She would be glad to give you makeup advice I am betting.

I am still fighting cold/flu symptoms so gonna try for a nap.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Hello everyone, when you were talking of Romper Stomper I thought you were talking about that dreadful Russell Crowe movie, but no it was Romper Room! Bend and stretch reach for the sky! Then walk about with a vegetable strainer on your head! LOL That was Bec's era, not mine, she used to march around the living room following directions from that show. My fave was always Sesame St, I love "Count Von Count".

I too, was hoping for a DP update today. I can't stop thinking about that sweet girl, having such an awful rough time. Hugs DP if you read this. Andrea, I was thinking Sleeping Beauty too!

Glennie, those palms are bloody visious, I had them at my last house. They look great, but they are so sharp. I got attacked by them every time I tried to trim them up too and I wear leather gardening gloves.They seek out bare flesh!!!!

I agree with you, we pay 1% of pre tax salary for our Medicare and pensioners and the very low income earners get a Health Care card. It is not perfect, but everyone gets treated.

I hope the TimTams aren't a let down after all the talk about them.

Bobo, what are you thinking, sending belly shots to ldesim? You're cheeky!

ldesim, from shoveling to slush, you can't get a break.

Wren, glad you put the class first too! In the bag!

Sgc, I want to hear your accents, too. I loooooove accents! I can still do my thick Scots accent when I have to!

Oh Andrea, don't feel bad, she never saw a Moira in her mirror, either!

I am enjoying the exchange with Bobo and PRB too, good stuff!

Z, I meant to ask you about the reference to Ireland, have I missed that you are going again? That would be so good. You and the children had a great time, last time.

Lovely day here, need to go into town to get Colin's favorite cheese, they don't sell it at our supermarket, not sure what else I will get up to today. Waving to everyone.....Have a good evening all! M

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Ndgirl, sorry you're still fighting the flu, hope you feel better! M x

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

they are caramel TimTams!  I love caramel!!

1% of pre tax,,,, big deal.  Like you said,, everyone gets treated.

What is Colin's favorite cheese??

DP:  hoping you are having good nap. 

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

Ariom can you tell me why you in Austrailia would buy private insurance if you are all covered anyway? Do you get preference in treatments or care? Just wondering.

Keep it coming

PRB and Bobo, we need the entertainment!

Hi DP. Wishing you pain free days

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

ND, feel better! Still waiting for word of our DP. Hi DP! **waving**

Birdie, I am completely in the bag for tomorrow. And I third the notion of approval: I'm glad you did not cancel your art class! I remember coming around to a similar way of doing business when I was having millions of tests. You are so great! I hope you are not worried. I will hold your hand if you like, I will be docile, I will be whatever you need me to be. I will not drink GF beer or shout at interns.

Z, your evening sounds fab, and it is much deserved! I am so happy you got it. I want to go to your aunt's house for the night. Was it a fun meeting?

Idesim, I totally remember Zoom! I was right there for every episode.

Yes, wedding picture card is coming! I had them made specially for our group. I hope you love them! DLLP just sent off the AUS (fanny) ones today.

Birdie, demand a reading same-day, if you can. I lecture all day tomorrow, but I will check in.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

I reply to myself, FFS, someone has to do it. Our Andrea says she has mammo call backs and they are usually nothing. But when Andrea's vagina gets a call back, it is usually for a good reason.

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

M great minds think alike: Zills coined "Sleeping Beauty" first. But it suits DP.

I hope we hear from her soon, and that she is well rested and feeling better.

Zills where do you get all your energy from?? I have gotten lazier as I get older.

ND hope you feel better soon.