Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

Looks like I'm doing a TimTam run tomorrow too.

I........... Just checked your ch5 weather forcast!!!OMD that's awful!!

I'm gonna sneak into the boat house too

We already have the home addy, real names list for Christmas.Who did that? How hard would it be to add contact info to that?

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

I think that had been DP's plan.   I think Z has the list on her computer??

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

All sounds good to me except the mushrooms, I just cant tolerate them, but you all can sneak them off my plate and I will steal some of your bok choy!! love it!

Emergency list a good idea, dh does not text either and our cells arent on when we are home as no service, but I can have ds be sure to let you all know if anything happens, all family knows I love you gals. I am wondering if maybe the grandparents are staying with dp while bond is working or going to class. Sure he will soon text Zills, but I am with the rest here, just so anxious as to what is happening.

I am thinking the boathouse is going to be full, got my bags packed!

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

Who made the Christmas Card list? We can all pm our numbers to her and redistribute the list. Or everyone can pm the numbers to me and I will make a new list.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

I have the list on my computer if people want to send me their contact, I can add and redistribute. Maybe add our number and a name and contact for someone who would know?

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

M needs to put on an addition or build another guest house... cause I'm coming too!

Nice picture Glennie!! You are so petite.. I don't like you now! :)

All this talk of food is making me hungry. That chicken with ginger sounded delicious. I am not a red meat fan, but I do like my chicken.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Bobo has seen me,, I am a midget !!  Ask her!!

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

Glennie's a cutie! Look at those eyes and cheekbones.. I love the starfish earrings.. love starfish. How come no more red hair? I thought of dying my hair red.. but my eyes are brown so not sure it would look so good.

I'm laughing cuz everybody wants to do the list :) I'd be happy to do it as well. Eenie, Meenie....

Spookie, I know :(

Going to bed... in the bag for Wren.. including at the restaurant haha. I agree with Glennie... wtf no desserts??

Sweet dreams everybody.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

OH, and I don't like Glennie anymore either, cuz she's so nice and thin.. I'm jealous :)

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Going to take down my picture, cuz no one likes me.  Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  My brother used to steal my dinner when I was a child. I was undernourished.  Brothers are both 6 foot tall,, WTF happened to me?

I got tired of spending the money to dye it. And wanted to see how much gray I have now.  The answer:  More.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

Awww, thank you Glennie. Glad to see my nagging works on someone finally!!! You are lovely! And you have gorgeous hair. I too am jealous of your petite stature, but I don't hate you for it.

I did the Christmas card list. But since most of you now have the addresses perhaps someone more organized would like to do the emergency list.

I am going with the adage "No news, is good news." with DP. At least until I hear differently.

A wind is whipping up here. But still no snow so far. We decided to delay our drive to Canada until next week because of the inpending snow storm up north. Still contemplating flying to Detroit.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Glennie, you're gorgeous and very petite, that's a compliment! Not a midget, well beside those tall brothers, you may have felt like one. LOL I like the red hair too.

I am measuring up for an extension! Who wants my phone number for the list? I sent to Wren!

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

OMG I missed most of a page, I want the Crouching Tiger. I am coming too, Wren, that restaurant has the best menu, I would eat everything they have. That's all my favorite food. We can go somewhere else, for dessert Glennie.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

In the bag. Kinda over timtams and tea right now. Want to nap and I just got up! Running all day yesterday didn't help. Need to do yoga and the GV!

I sent Wrenn my info too

I don't feel like I can text more than once or twice a day, especially if I don't get one back. If we don't hear anything soon, I'll call.

I believe gma is there but I don't have her number.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Hello Z, thanks for that. I agree with waiting a bit. I sure hope she's ok.and that Gma is looking after her.

Uggh I hate that feeling of needing a nap, when you've just gotten up!

I am really tired tonight, I had a massage this afternoon and it always makes me really sleepy, but Colin is still working in his office. Supposed to rain tomorrow, was going to an auction of household goods, but not if the weather is bad.

You have a good day Z, I will catch you tomorrow. M x

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

In the bag, Birdie! Your lunch sounds so fun. You are Just Right to not let these fucktards ruin your day. When your callback turns out to be nothing we will all be furious (well, just because we feel like it). In reality I know it is always better to be checked. Laughing because our sisters here have ordered for themselves off your menu!

Glennie is petite. There is nothing wrong with that. I believe that is her favorite sushi roll. I have stopped coloring my hair as well. I have more gray as well. I don't know how I am going to hold out. You guys know what I look like! And plus I just sent you a wedding picture card.

I am in for the emergency list. Just tell me what to do. Several of you have my cell number, and even DLLP's cell number, and you are always welcome to call either of us. In fact, Idesim, whom do I have to fuck to get you to speak directly on phone? I had six sx last year! Are not you ever going to call me? You are snowed in, FFS.

Andrea, you are just the sweetest. I just love you and I think of you every day when I see your shoes, which are in heavy rotation! Thank the goddess our princess no longer sleeps with them. The first night she slept with them -- not wearing them, but hugging them.

I too am worried about DP. Hi DP! **waving** Let me know what you need and I am there. Sending you lots of hugs and kisses. XXXXXXOOOOO Teaching like a maniac all day -- in fact, still grading as we speak -- but will check with my texts all day.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Yes, that is my favorite sushi at Ichi-Ban.  I liked the red hair too, and got a lot of compliments on it. I just got tired for spending the money, and hanging out in the salon to color it,,,, I am not a "primping" kind of girl.

Z:  totally get that you do not want to nag via text.  Let us focus on sending positive thoughts out there, and hope that Bond or DP will contact us soon. Maybe call Sunday? if we don't hear from them?

Andrea:  I saw the Princess' shoes!  she totally loves them. She made me name all the characters! Thank you for not hating me cuz I'm small. It is not my fault!  Fly to Detroit!!! Do not drive in this mess.

It was 35 degrees here when I got up.  Cold for me. But good for yard work. Running to get more lawn bags and then back at it.    Will be back later.

So glad that we know which restaurant we wish to go to when we hit Seattle!  OH wait,, we do not have plans to go there. **crap**  Must find awesome restaurant like that in NOLA.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited February 2015

sorry girls. It's bad news.

From Bond.

Good morning and thank you I will keep you posted as of last night they tried to drain the fluid off of her brain and she stopped breathing so they had to recessitate and According to her doctor I will probably be hours to days left

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited February 2015

Zills , Thank you for the update .  DP we are all with you .................  We can help with anything you need and are hoping you pain is being managed.  You are an amazing woman !

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

oh my god. I'm speechless.

Thank you Bond and Z.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited February 2015

Go fly with the angels. Be pain free and peaceful. You'll be missed.

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

Weeping. Thank you Z and Bond. Can we get the names of her grands and bond? I need to write and tell them how incredible DP is. S

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

Sweet, sweet angel. We love you!

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Z:  thank you for the update.  I can't believe it. Our sweet DP.  I hope she is not in pain.

Yes, it would be nice to write to Bond and to the GP's. 

DP: we love you. Fly with the angels and be at peace. There are many dogs waiting to greet you on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. They will be good company.  We will miss you. You will always be in our hearts.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

I am sobbing, we will miss you so much dear dear DP! what a bright star you are on these boards, you will be even brighter in the next world!! Love you. I even started watching QVC in your honor. Beautiful lady!

Thank you Zills, I know how hard it is to tell the bad news.. you are a rock star too. Stay strong.

I too would love to acknowledge the gp's and bond.

I believe there is such a thing as dying grace and may God grant Sheila that and peace.

• jennie93
    jennie93 Member Posts: 263
    edited February 2015

I truly believe that what is waiting for us on the other side is far more wonderful than we can ever imagine, but ohhhh how tough it is when someone we love goes ahead of us. We miss them so much. I have DP's address from when we were sending cards, but could someone PM me Bond's real name so as to be sure he opens it.

I am sending each and every one of you a giant virtual group hug right now.

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

If ever there was someone who fit the definition of the word warrior, it was you DP. I am so happy you started this thread, because it will keep you near to us. You are, and always will be, such an inspiration to me. Love you girl.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

I don't know Bond's real name either. He will always be Bond to me.

((hugs)) to all

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

Bond's name is Troy Hopson.

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

Bond's name is Troy Hopson.