Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

Hi DP! Thinking of you and sending all the love and hugs in the world! Share some with Bond and grandparents !

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

Good morning DP. I hope you had a good night.

Wren, hurray for your clear mammo!!!

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Good morning Andrea, I am just going to bed, was checking to see if DP had posted. I hope you have a great day!

If you are reading DP, I am thinking of you! I hope you're feeling better today. M x

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

Hi DP! **waving** We love you!

Idesim and M, the dicktor did not just say it about a child -- our princess -- but about a little BABY! I will admit that my comeback was not a very smart one. I just impulsively fought back.

This nerve test sounds horrible and barbaric. And not holistic. That being said, I don't know what an alternative would be... numb fingers is not a good thing, G. Let us know what you decide. I know you are a great advocate for all things LE. Worry about that LE situation for us all. Dicktors just seem to be completely ignoring the whole thing.

Dawny, I guess that is good news about your son, right? I feel just as you do, nervous when our princess leaves the house (like now). I refused the scrambled egg challenge, left that allergist, and found a new one. Our princess' allergies are so bad, so connected with the rest of her systems, that once she gets on a roll with an allergic reaction it is difficult to stop it. I am not talking about a nut allergy reaction: that would be fatal. I am talking about the other (relatively smaller) things she is allergic to. Anyway, I am not up for a challenge, and that sailor-wanna-hump-hump grinning minstrel of an allergy dicktor can go F herself.

Nothing to do but let your fiestiest freak flag fly. DP, I am in the mood to make a resident of yours cry. Let me know which one and I will make some calls. XXX

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

I reply to myself, FFS, someone has to do it. M, you going to bed early? You feeling okay? Wondering if you are having a flare? XXX

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

How in the world can anyone keep track of M's and Dawny's time of day? I can't seem to do it. Maybe I should jot down the time differences so I can reference it.

Hi DP! Will you take pictures of Bobo making the resident cry? She talks like she's a hardass, but she shrieks at birds. She can't fool us :)

That nerve test sounds pretty dang horrible. Once they find the compressed nerves, then do they perform surgery to release it? Might be worth it..what about scar tissue from the surgery, though.

Well, I have completed 3 out of 4 days on the treadmill. DD is really trying to encourage me to keep exercising. Last night she said she needed to take a shower, but was too tired. I said.. yeah, well I need to get on the treadmill, but I'm too tired! She goes.. ok well if I take a shower, will you work out? Didn't seem like a fair trade-off to me...but I did it. I have lost weight many times in my life-time, so I know this works. I just keep telling myself that 20 minutes a day will buy me more time with DD, so I need to push on.. plus, my blood pressure and sugar levels are still 'ok'... so I need to keep them that way.

Very thankful that DD and I don't have allergies. That's a lot of extra work and a little scary to boot for you guys. Dawny, all those homemade items sound delicious. I wish I fed dd more homemade foods. Last night we had potstickers and these broccoli potato cheese things from Ikea. OK, I just looked up the name of the potato thingees - Gronsakskaka. They are so good.

Typing at work and no problem whatsoever here in the forum. It's so nice not to worry about losing an entire post.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

My wrist is not ok. Ortho said if it was still bothering me in May to come back, he would figure something out. They think I developed carpal tunnel from the fall. Never had That before, don't think I do now.

There is nerve damage in the wrist, I wake up with weird movement every night.

But I also have a 4 level cervical fusion, I'm not convinced something didn't happen there in the fall, to be causing the wrist symptoms

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

from bond

She came back home from the hospital last night about 10 o'clock I guess the tests didn't really show anything conclusive so she just came in and went to sleep.

When I left this morning she was asleep and wouldn't wake up very early to say goodbye so really haven't seen her or talked to her in quite a few days she just wakes up long enough to take her pain medicine and go back to sleep

• Zillsnot4me
    edited February 2015

Can we all agree on a time and send a collective surge of good will to her? I have no idea about Aussie time.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

I'm in for that. Will check on thread to see what time is decided.

PRB, I can BOTH make residents cry AND ALSO scream with anguish at dead bird. I'm every woman. Ikea things sound delicious. Miss Ikea so much! X

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

Z:  agree on collective time.  Seems like M shows up here for her morning about 5-6PM Eastern time,,, shall we say around 6PM??  7PM??  I know it is dinner time for many,,,, so we could go a little later maybe??

Took doxepin for some sleep last night. And decided to F trying to sleep on back,, will sleep on right side as I want some sleep.  YAY for sleep.  Yes, right hand is numb,,, oh well, it will wear off eventually.  Yes, nerve test is horrible and painful and not holistic in any way. It is supposed to tell them where the nerve compression is.  However, yesterday I pulled out the results from all 3 of my previous ones. They all claim I have carpal tunnel. FFS!  Really?  What about the herniated disc at C5-6?  What about the brachial plexus issue from the thoracic outlet syndrome? OMG,, if I have a 4th one and they tell me Carpal tunnel again,,, I will go into full freak mode. The pain is in my brachial plexus area (where shoulder meets the neck),,, do not f**king tell me it is all in my wrists.   Rant over.

Bobo:  your comeback was good for spur of the moment. You must have been so shocked that someone would say that about a little baby. FFS,, don't they train these doctors anymore to have some sensitivity???  And I say to you and Dawny:  F testing with the food.  Keep feeding the foods that you know are OK. Why stress the systems?

PRB:  I love that you and DD had struck a deal!  Excellent! And ooo, excellent food from Ikea.  If there were an Ikea in this town, I would be there a lot. I do really love to browse that store. So many cute household things.  20 mins on treadmill!! Go P go!!!  We are rooting for you.  Can you watch good show on TV while you are on Treadmill? would make time go by faster.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Hi DP!!  **waving**     Hope that the pain meds are working good for you and you are getting some rest.  Hoping the doggies are snuggling in bed with you and keeping you warm.

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

Count me in for whatever time you choose. I'm hoping all this sleep is her body recovering from all the treatments. Chemo, cyberknife, pancreatitis and kidney infection. That's a lot.

Thank you for the support Glennie. I listen to the radio, which helps a lot. I also have a recumbent bike that needs to be dusted off. And if I go into the way-back machine, I have an old Nordic Track stashed under my stairway.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Go P!!  Dust them off. You can rotate between them and not get too bored?

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

Good for you PRB, could you send you dd to my house to motivate me please? I sure need it. Keep up the good work.

In for DP, I will be gone from 4:30 to 9 tonight tho. but will be there in spirit if it works for all.

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

Anytime is fine with me. I will just keep sending good, happy, healthy vibes to DP on the hour, every hour today.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Hi everyone! I went to bed at 11.30pm last night, not early. I just got up and it is 8am now on Thursday. So I think it is about 4pm in Florida on Wed. So my morning is your early evening.

I am so grateful for the Bond update, thanks Z. I agree with PRB, our DP is just so exhausted from everything that has been happening. All those treatments, the pain and the lack of sleep, the worry. I just hope she is resting comfortably in her own bed, with the dogs beside her. She's never far from my mind, I am there, for positive thoughts, any time. Hugs to you DP.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

This nerve test sounds shitful, I have never heard of it before, but have had lots of hand and wrist surgeries, all for RA. I know I almost leap off the table when they hit the spot in Acupuncture, but I doubt it is the same thing.

These food allergies are just crap o a chapstick! I haven't eaten most dairy in 30 years. I seem to be able to tolerate milk or butter cooked in say, cookies or cake, but if I have even a small bite of something with butter or dog forbid, cream, I have the symptoms back again. What's that about? I agree that avoiding the stuff you are allergic to seems much easier than doing these food challenges. When I first learned of my food and chemical allergies I couldn't have wheat, tomatoes or dairy and gasoline was a no, no, as was anything with formaldahyde or toluene. I guess, though if I hadn't challenged everything as the years went on, I would never know that everything is ok, except the uncooked butter or cream and of course milk.

I kick myself for giving away the recumbent bike I had, I have a good treadmill, but I haven't been on it, for ages.

Tell me the time you all decide on for the thoughts for DP, I will set an alarm if I have to. M x

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Glennie and spookiesmom, I am so sorry you are both suffering so much pain.

Waving to everyone.....M x

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Waving to M!!  Good morning!

Went to Tai Chi,, and let me say,, this is working my leg muscles! OMG.   Then I came home and worked on the yard some more. I will be paying for this later,,, I can already tell. But the yard is looking so nice, I just want to keep going.

Will check back after shower.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Hehe, Glennie, that Tai Chi will give you calves and thighs that are sculpted. I woke up with burning calves from the uppy downy motion of getting rid of what felt like, a ton of apples and pears yesterday. I even had trouble getting the garbage bin out to the street, for pick up this morning. I caught a bit of sun yesterday in the spa, my shoulders are a bit red, even though I used sunscreen.

I am off to the Opp Shop this morning with stuff to donate, Colin says "Don't be replacing that with more stuff, now will you?" yeah right! Who's the first one out when I get home, to see if I found him any interesting boat bits!

Catch you later...M x

• Zillsnot4me
    edited February 2015

Sorry for being MIA. On the phone all morning with ins. If DH gets added, then kids disappear and vice versa. Arghh.

Haven't heard anything from bond or DP. I know she's exhausted.

Will 10 pm EST work for most of us? Send healing thoughts, peace.

Thanks.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

haha, M,,, be sure and bring home some boat bits for Colin.

I'll be here, Z!!  Hoping DP is snoozing with the puppies and resting peacefully.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited February 2015

"Hi Betty!"  *waving* 

Hope DP is feeling a little better   xxx

• dawny
    edited February 2015

ok, how many hours/minutes from right now is your 10pm EST please Z?

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Thanks Z your EST for me here, is a 2pm. I will be here!

Why is your insurance so hard? Don't they cover a family? It isn't bloody rocket science. I think you should just come here, free medical, or if you want to pay for private health cover, it is either single or family, which can just be a couple, or it doesn't matter how many kids.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

about 3 & 1/2 hours from now, Dawny!  **waving**

Insurance is the shits here. So many companies,, so many different kinds of policies. It's a horror show.

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

Have to admit that Medical Insurance back home in Canada rocks!! But the service here is much better...at least it has been for me.

Bloody kidneystone is acting up today.WTH? So much for them blasting it to smithereens.

I will set my phone alarm for 10:00pm.

• dawny
    edited February 2015

Thanks glennie!  will try to be here  xx

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

Phone alarm at for 10 pm EST. Had infusion today so I came home and slept for 3 1/2 hours. Do it every time! Will be glad when last one is finished as I drive home in a fog. I have been fortunate that I haven't been in a wreck! See you all in 2 1/2 hours!