Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

OMG, I am crying more, at the good news, what's happening there? If I said we are getting used to them getting it wrong, would that be wrong? I don't think they really know who they are dealing with there! Our girl is the strongest warrior and although she is pissed about them doing stuff, we still have her. I love you DP!!!!

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Andrea, I am so sorry to hear your news about your FIL, it always hurts so much and still comes as a shock.

I told Colin about your stones this morning, he said he feels for you, but congratulations!

I am going to jump in the shower and will be back soon. Gosh, I feel like I am on a roller coaster. M x

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

M:  you are so right,,, they get it wrong all the time!! DP is our bad ass rocking warrior.  Come on, DP!! 

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

Making earrings out of my matching kidney stones and cheering D P on!#!)))

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

I ate all my TimTams.       Go DP!!!

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

I think I'm going to get Tim Tams on the way  home in celebration.

Lol Andrea.

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

Lumbar punctures are done for a variety of reasons. The fluid will tell about brain tumors, spread of cancer, and relieve building pressure. That being said, if anyone could have a miracle, it is our DP! I do pray the results are good!

Do you feel our surrounding you with love, DP? Have the Angels been holding you? I hope you are not in pain and you can feel all of our best intentions! We love you!

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

kidney stone earrings, Andrea? I love it! So glad you passed 2-be kind of weird with 1 earring! Lol

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

OMG, I was so heavyhearted almost afraid to check in here and what do I see?... DP texted Zills! Way to go Sheila! Don't think for a moment that we BCO sisters are letting up with prayers , positive vibes, healing thoughts, or whatever we all do, open your heart cause they will be flooding in! Love you!

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Ava is ready & anxious to kiss your toes. image

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Glennie, she is ridiculously photogenic lol.

Thanks sgc... I guess we just continue waiting... this just sucks.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

Yay DP!!!! You go girl!!!!

Why is Ava wearing a martingale?

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

She feels it is fashionable. she tries to be hip,,, unlike me.

Actually she went thru a very stubborn stage where she wouldn't walk. A regular collar will slide right over her head. So I got this,, and then we worked with the stubborness.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

OMG you make me laugh Andrea! Bec kept her gallstones, I told her to make some jewellery out of them, but she decided they looked like animal poo, so she wouldn't wear them! I hope yours are more attractive and you make some nice earrings!

Glennie, ldesim is right, Ava is desperately photogenic! She has some nips there! LOL

I am thinking of buying stock in TimTams, getting you addicted, may mean the stock goes up! LOL

I went out, in the pouring rain to a Star Auction over at Eagle Point, I couldn't find it, but I didn't try too hard, my heart isn't in shopping today. Home again now, will find stuff to do around here today M x.

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2015

oh, don't usually see them onsmooth coat pooches.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Ava thanks you for the compliments!  yes, she has big nips, cuz she was a mom.  She was dumped at animal control still lactating,,, obviously they took the pups away too early,,, probably to sell. Bastards!!!  That's why the neighbor's puppy kept trying to get a drink!

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

There are so many pricks in the world and they take so much of it out on animals. Poor Ava, losing her babies too early. It is just so sad to think about.

I only mentioned her nips because of our collective, lack of!

I watch a lot of Paws rescues which get sent to me on FB. I can't believe what some of those little guys have been through. The latest was a puppy that someone saw having its hind leg cut off, WTF, who does that? Then the bastard threw the little guy off a bridge. The good news is the puppy was rescued and after surgery and lots of love and attention he is going to a Foster home and then to a new home. I hope something really awful, happens to that awful prick, who did that to the puppy.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

M, I can't even watch that stuff.. I literally get nauseous.... in fact, just reading that made me nauseous... I can't understand how anybody could hurt anything and it will never stop amazing me how cruel people can be.

Poor Ava.. Glennie, at least they dropped her off and didn't do something horrible... it's still so very sad.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

I'm really feeling down and kind of lost... wish I could snap out of it... nothing serious.. no need to worry... ... the earlier statement from Bond really knocked me for a loop.

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2015

Me too I. Plus all the usual life crap, insurance battles, and for you, snow.

As Scarlett said, I'll think about it tomorrow

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Those stories are very upsetting.  I don't know how people can be mean to animals like that, but there are so many who are.

My last dog, Rocco, had been rescued from a fighting ring.  His ear flaps had been cut off completely,, a home job,,, not "clipped" up like a Doberman's.  One day, hubby and I were traveling up to a state park to do some hiking and had stopped at a McDonald's for drinks and bathroom break.  I was outside with Rocco while hubby went in.  A man approached me to ask about Rocco.  He was British. When I explained about what happened to Rocco's ears, he said: "Did they do the same bloody thing to that bloke?  He should have his ears cut off too!"  It was a great response.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Hope we will hear more from DP tonight,, That will help!

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Bobo just texted me she got a text from DP.. waiting to hear what it was.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Your wish came true Glennie :)

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

Just got home from long day of teaching and catching up with our princess' long doctor's appt. Hooray Birdie! Dancing! And Andrea -- are you okay?

Well, DP texted me three times since five p.m. or so. I told her I was dedicating my yoga practice to her tonight, and she smiled. I was thinking about her and you know what? She looked just like the picture Z posted a few pages ago, but a tween!

DP, I was breathing in all the love we have for you, and warmth and comfort, and breathing out any pain you have. Let me know if you need me to make any residents cry! XXXXXXOOOOO

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

I reply to myself, FFS, someone has to do it. DP, let me know if you need Friday Night Beauty updates! Even though I don't love the substitute woman, I will pop over to QVC and text you what's going on. I'm in the bag, as always. XXX

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

Yay DP! We are sending lots of energy and light and love your way. Come on girlie, we have to plan our Vegas trip!!!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

Yea! I haven't heard from her but I'm sure her phone is full of messages from friends and family.

Just did 1.5 hours of Zumba/hip hop. Benefitted the local food pantry.

Must shower, take meds including X and Advil. Need to sleep well.

Wishing DP and bond and gps a peaceful night.

Stay warm!

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited February 2015

Thanks Bobo, I am so happy that DP has been in contact with you also.

Wren, Yay for your good news! Fantastic.

Andrea, I have to say "eeewwww" on the earrings. Are you feeling ok?

I am feeling lost as well, I feel the need to keep constantly checking in here. :(

Love to everyone. Xx

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

{{{{DP}}}}

Wow Z.. you should sleep well from that!