Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

Well, I see that people have been taking the piss out while I have been busy gathering rice into a dustpan, I have had a text alert that I am being mercilessly teased! I do not have an accent. I must say, PRB, the proof is in the (vegan) pudding. If I wanted, M would clear out the boatshed for me only.

Tim tam and undies delivery sounds perfect. Hi DP! **waving** our ND is psychic. I was just in the shower and it popped into my head: Tequila party with ____ (DP's real first name). I bet you know the best tequila DP! I am wearing the robe you sent.

**Turning away from the negative meat-smack-talkers and toward someone lovely, who by the way never gets teased** Dawny, hi betty! **waving** I so want some of your choccy cake. DLLP made me some choccy pudding. I got lots of pressies in fact, because I deserve them. Full disclosure: I am a 'cream whore.' Made even more so by my many sx. I got Weleda massage oil with arnica because my whole body hurts lately, and a shoulder massage last night! And Dr. Hauscka Normalizing Day Oil, and tulips in a pot (I will kill them), and a really nice card in the mailbox which extols my good character traits! Of which there are many! Even though I have many other very irritating character traits! I was just arranging my Project 333 flashcards.

M, I have no doubt you eat yummy shit and love love love all the time, that sounds so perfect! You are a high priestess of love! G, so nice to send that song. I am just incredibly impressed. DP, my thoughts are really never far from you right now, you are as familiar to me as I think about you as a sister would be.

Birdie, Goldie will have a beautiful new home. And Squeakers! I am really looking forward to hearing Squeakers 'man of the house' stories. I know Goldie wouldn't let him near certain windows, for example.

Getting Vagina Monologues tickets, but just for the adults! Just wanted to work 'vagina' into a sentence. Love you DP! Can we find out your room number? XXX

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Dawny, thank you, sun is shining now and the cloud is moving away showing beautiful blue sky. Remember the saying "If there is enough blue in the sky, to make a sailor's suit, it will remain fine?" Nannie Wimple I think, in an Enid Blyton book.

Hello Bobo, well at least you're having the ribbing and I am being left alone, no Marika of late! LOL I don't know about the High Priestess of love, but I am grateful every day for Colin, don't need Valentines as reminder's all.

You were one lucky girl, what lovely gifts and you're going to the Monologues, "very noice", as we would say with our accent! I know what you mean about the tulips, I am he kiss of death to them too, they droop and then they just don't recover. Someone told me you have to stick pins just below the flower head, to let air in, or something, I thought it sounded weird, so I never tried it.

What are the flashcards for?

I'd love to hear that accent Spookiesmom. I love accents. I really like Matthew McConaughey's mellifluous voice. I could listen to him speak all night!

Sending more love and hugs to DP and Bond, is anyone sending emails?

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

And I do tend to burr my Rs. That part comes from being so close to Kentucky and West Virginia. At one time they had a large amount of Scottish settlers.

But all ya'all come on down now, heah

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

OMG. I am the biggest McConaughey fan! I loved him before he was cool.

The flashcards have my 33 on them, and then I can see what I have. It is funny because I have WAY not enough clothes for 33 items. Thank goddess sunglasses and shoes count. I had to put in both my only pairs of shoes and my wedding shoes! I only wear one out of three of those pairs. And my jeans are too big, should I risk having them tailored in this backwater?

Alert: Our G has sent my two Valentines! And they are frolicking around with them right now! Please note the Valentines make songs whenever you open them.

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

I have these cool wooden tulips I bought at an art fair .. no watering necessary. I should put them into a nice vase, but we stuck them in there with rice one time...and there they sit. (the other flowers are real that dd arranged)

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

When tulips wilt, you plant them outside. Then, if you're lucky, you have tulips outside next year. I like them when they open all the way up and look obscene. PRB, that is definitely the way to have perky tulips. I'll have to look for some at craft fairs.

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2015

I never had luck with tulips or hyacinth in the ground. Daffodils, narcissus, lily of the valley, fine. None of them do well here, ground must freeze

• prb1956
    edited February 2015

I have tulips on the north side of my house. There were a ton of them when I bought it. I wasn't a big tulip fan back then and pulled many of them out. I think the key is the depth they are planted. We surely have freezing temperatures (tonights windchill is going to be -30).

We have a place here in Michigan where they have a tulip festival every spring. It's only an hour away and I have never been to it. There is a big Dutch community on that side of the state. They sell wooden shoes even.

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2015

Holland, Mich. isn't it? I've seen pics of that, they even have wind mills I think. Pretty!!!

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

oooo, PRB, I want to go!  I love tulips!   -30 is really freaking cold,,,,,,   eeeek.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

Pretty tulips, I love them! I plant them but the darn deer come along and chomp them off in early spring, sometimes I can get a few inside before they have them for lunch. Last year I bought some that are solar lights and they look so real outside and pretty lit up at night, only bad thing is after a few summers the material fades.

Cold fronts are moving through up here too. Looked at long range forecast and a week from this coming Wed. we are only to get to a high of -20!!

Dawny, not exactly holiday, but we are going to our oldest son's and staying with kids for a week, then we will probably stay and visit a little longer. We almost raised his boys when they lived across the street from us so we all miss each other. We have a blast with them. Wisconsin wont be much warmer than us but maybe a little.

Was hoping for another update on DP. I think of her all the time. Wondering if we could send emails again or is it same hospital. Maybe she isnt up for it either.

• prb1956
    edited February 2015

Yes, it is Holland, Michigan. Just looked - the festival is the week of May 2nd, and they have Bob Newhart performing one night. I love stand up comedy, so maybe that's something to do. One of my favorite comedians is Brian Regan. If you like comedy, be sure too look him up on you tube. All his stuff is pretty funny and clean. Apparently he did one show that is broken up on you tube into many clips. Look for the ones where he is wearing the blue shirt. My favorite is his routine on going to the emergency room. Brian Regan - Emergency Room

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

PRB, he is funny! I'll have to watch more of his clips.

I don't care for tulips..they don't stay out very long here. PRB, I love those wooden ones.. they look so real to me.

Did a little shoveling, we got about 3-4 inches and I think the snow tapers off until tomorrow when we get the brunt of it. As much as I am hating it, I have to admit it does look really pretty.. so I decided to call a truce on it tonight and just enjoy everything blanketed in white.

I figured I should shovel a little and burn off some of the Tim Tam calories... yes, I ate the whole package and Joe ate his. Now Joe is thinking up things we need from the store. Stop & Shop is next to target so he's all... Oh! Did I forget to get garlic.. well I'll just run out tomorrow and while I'm out I'll get more Tim Tams. Apparently there were 3 more packages left. I kinda hope somebody bought them, I don't need more guilt eating another package.. not when I've been doing so good. Anybody notice there are 11 Tim Tams in the package. 11. Why such a strange number, an odd number. I can see 10 or 12... but 11?

{{{{DP}}}}

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

I like Bob Newheart!

Arrived safe and sound in Calgary and drove down 3 more hours to MIL condo. So much happening next few days. Going to fit in seeing my family too.

Canadians have accents? What are you talking "aboot"? Lol. Thats actually just easteners. The rest of the country doesnt say that eh.

Been up 24 hours now...goodnight you crazy, funny ladies.

DP keep eating and texting...get stronger .

• prb1956
    edited February 2015

Tim Tams are available on Amazon. 2 packs for $20. I have no idea if that is a good price or not. They have all the flavors available too.

Tim Tam 2-pack

I love using that link feature :)

Ideism - we got about 3-4 inches today. I didn't go out and do the driveway. Suppose I should have so it looks like someone lives here! Glad you enjoyed Brian Regan. I just love him and went to see him when he was in town. I am not a big tulip fan either, but I must say, since it is one of the first flowers up in spring, it is encouraging to see their heads poking through the ground every year. I think the festival would be awesome though.. rows and rows of color.

Hugs to DP.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

He is really funny. There's a town north of Seattle that has a tulip festival. Lots of people originally from Holland started it and family farms have kept it up. The fields are really pretty in full bloom. The bulbs often don't last here. We'll have tulips for a few years and then they fade away (or maybe are eaten by squirrels).

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Haha PRB, very funny, I love comedy, Bill Engvall is one of my faves. We have some brilliant comedians in Aus.

My second ex husband had a midlife crisis and decided he wanted to be a Stand Up Comic, so he ditched a very lucrative career as a radio announcer and interviewer and went in search of his comedy mojo. He was/is very funny and really clever in his comedy, but starting out at the bottom is well, less than lucrative. Also, there was a youngster who was on the prowl for a boyfriend in the bizz. The other comics were pretty sweet, I had several calls from them, asking me to go to gigs, they missed seeing me. I realized later, they were trying to alert me.

At that time I was up to my neck, feeding breakfast to homeless kids and refugees, so going to a gig that started at midnight was not on my agenda, when I had to be at the school gym kitchen as the "noodle queen" from 6.30am.

My ex was true to his word, which was the pact we made many years before, that we'd never "do the dirty" on each other, but fess up if we had feelings for another. Long story short, he moved in with the 22 year old, I helped him move. I had just turned 40, he was a year older than me. It lasted less than 3 years, she moved on to one of his friends and broke up another marriage. Ho hum, she is a serial manipulator!

The ex and I, are still close friends! He was here, as soon as he heard about my Dx, so was the first ex, they both took it quite badly! LOL We have all stayed friends, Colin gets on well with both of them. Life's just too short for that shit. Some think it is a bit like a soap opera! I suppose it is.LOL

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Tried to find out why there are 11 in a pack, not sure, but probably to do with the weight, but I did find this.....

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jemimaskelley/tim-tam-slam...

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2015

Noticed the 11 cookies last night. Strange.

A pack of them at my target is $3.?? Don't remember exactly, so 2 for 20 is robbery!!!!

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

We should buy them from Target and sell them on ebay.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

2 for $20 is outrageous!!   M could ship them to us cheaper than that.  I did not notice there was only 11.  I just ate them.  **bad me**

Andrea: glad you made it to Canada! 

I like Bob Newhart. The tulip festival sounds like fun.

M: did 2nd ex ever make it in stand-up?  What a "lovely" girl.  HISSSSSSSSSSSSS  to her.  Bobo will probably hiss too.

Time for yoga!  Back later!

Hi DP!  *waving**  did you have breakfast yet?  Hope you had something yummy.  Maybe Bond can bring Taco Bell later?  (yes, everyone, I KNOW it is not healthy, don't bother yelling at me)

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

Great idea! Don't put me in charge though. If forecast holds up, kids will be home all week. 6" of snow and below zero temps. I will be eating the house down!

• ndgirl
    edited February 2015

I watch The Bob Newhart Show every Monday night on ME TV, they have some of the older shows. He is a hoot.

Shame on husband # 2 Ariom, oh well you have Colin so maybe we should thank him.

• ndgirl
    edited February 2015

Glennie, what a magnificent song and moving ritual to do, thank you for that. Also meant to say how pretty and petite you are, thanks for sharing your photo!!

Praying daily for DP! (((hugs))), Bond and Gparents.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

from bond.

Status quo I am here at the hospital, she is sleeping, test results due tomorrow, so we are just hanging in there.

I was here all afternoon yesterday and she slept the whole time, they said she was awake early in the morning So I got here early today in hopes of being able to talk with her, but no luck.

Breakfast yes lunch still sitting here. ...the Dr came in to say still waiting WE KNOW THAT

Poor guy. Hope lunch isn't stinky. Keep praying.

• ndgirl
    edited February 2015

Thanks Bond, my heart is aching for all, sounds like the pain is being managed. Thanks to Zills as well

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Ooh! Bond update! We're waiting on test results. Thinking of you every minute, DP!

Have both children by myself this afternoon and all day tomorrow. Running offense. Idesim, cheer me up with snow report! Will plant tulips.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

I reply to myself, FFS, someone has to do it. I am glad about the homewrecker. Because M and Colin were meant to be together.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Happy to see Bond update. Hope DP wakes up and gets a chance to chat with him. He is so devoted. We love you DP and Bond!!

Standing by for test results.

Z: thank you for the text messages!!

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Morning all! So pleased to see a Bond update, thank you Z! Glad there seems to be no pain, for our Honey girl. My heart hurts for Bond, he's such a good man, it must be so hard for him. So much waiting, so much stress.

Thank you ladies for the kind words about Colin, I call him my 3rd time lucky, but the real truth is the other 2 were, fantastic men, I have been very fortunate, I know it sounds daft, but I'd do exactly the same, if I had my time over again. No regrets!

Hey Glennie, he had moderate stand up success, but also became a writer for a comedy show on TV, so he did fine!

Did anyone watch the link about the 16 things you didn't know about Tim Tams? This Aussie icon is actually owned by you guys now!!!!! Campbells bought them out, Yikes!!!!

Z, that weather sounds awful, stock up on your treats.

Bobo, you're always so busy, wish I could help out!

Yay, Andrea is in Canada!

Waving to everyone, still thinking about our girl and sending love to her and Bond.