Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015
  • Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

I'll send the pix to her. Keep praying!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Kids got books and theater candy. Going to make a cake with sprinkles. Kids anxious to do tai chi DVD I found at Aldi.

Snowing and blowing. Temp dropping.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

oooo.. thank you Z! Thank you too Bond.... Glad to hear she is eating, that is a good sign!!!

I'm in tears over that video above.. that is just the sweetest kid... some girl is going to be lucky to get him :)

Ok enough internet.. I need to get off my arse.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

love that paw print heart

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

Happy Valentines Day everyone. Hugs and kisses to DP.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

Happy Valentines Day! Z, great update. So happy for our DP that she can eat! Standing by.

Andrea, are you going to Detroit? And, idesim, can we have snow update?

And now, Glennie and Idesim, I must say to you... simmer down now. M told me that I can have the boathouse by myself. Not you. I am M's favorite. Not you. Dex will sleep with me in the boathouse. Not _____ (fill in the blank).

Colin says I am also HIS favorite and I will live alone in the boathouse. Glennie and Idesim, you guys can live here and clean dried food bits out from under the dining room table.

**mic drop**

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

I think you're telling big fibs.. and M is going to go all humpy on your ass.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

Bobo is having a dream again, she surely must realize that I will be there soaking up the sunshine and beautiful water.... Wake up wake up Bobo! Ha such a nice surprise in mailbox today, thanks Bobo, just lovely!

Thanks for the update from bond, I bet he spoiled her a lot today! So glad they could converse

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

Great news from Bond!  DP up and eating!!   Wishing I could send the carrot cake that I had today,,, it was extremely yummy and so wonderful that I could eat it as it did not have walnuts in it.

DP:  I got up and went to services today, cuz a friend's daughter was having her Bat Mitzvah. During service, we always say peoples' names who need healing and sing a special song. So today, I said your name and we sang. I hope around 1030 your time,, you felt something powerful as 75 Jews in Gainesville were singing (some quite offkey) a healing song for you.  Here's a link to the song.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxAw8Z-3qOc

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

**waving to all**   Love the Slobbering Dog card and the Pawprint heart.

Whatever, Bobo!  I will pitch a tent by the water. L & I will have cheeseburgers and Dex will be lured to us by the scent!  Then he will love us best!!  **nanner, nannner, nanner**

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

Move over bobo. Thems fightin words. I just cleaned the bathroom on my hands and knees. Believe it was lick and dip powdered candy on the floor. Just realized I missed sweeping under the kitchen table but rest of house done. And so am I!

Where's a cabana boy when you need him? Need my feet rubbed, a cold drink, something sweet maybe?

So two questions.

What can I put on the toilet to make dog hair not stick? Wax? I've heard of shaving cream on mirror to keep it from fogging.

Using Lysol wipes and soap to clean. They smell and I believe the wipes leave a film. If I go natural, what? And does it disinfect?

Saving up for a steam mop.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Oh Glennie, that was beautiful.. both your post and that video.. what a pretty song and the images were moving.

Laughing... Glennie.. I can see you "nannering"!!

Nd, let her dream.. she'll wake up soon enough when we dump her in the water.

I've managed 2 loads of laundry and cleaning the bathroom and counters.... really not into housecleaning. Joe is on a Tim Tam mission while he is out running errands before the storm.... fingers crossed they have them.

I haven't gotten the pic yet.. hopefully in today's mail!

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Z, I find those wipes leave a film too. I use lysol spray.... but also will use vinegar/water and follow up with a Mrs. Meyers spray. I hate vinegar smell. I think it's 90% effective towards germs and bacteria.. while bleach is 99.9%. They say you can also use hydrogren peroxide along with the vinegar (separate bottles, not mixed together). You can also use hydrogren peroxide... 100% for things like cutting boards and 50/50 with water for spraying surfaces.

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

As far as I'm concerned, Bobo can have the little studio, cause M is putting on an addition for the rest of us! Bobo can do her yoga and practice saying her big words all by herself! Once the bbq gets fired up, everyone will be coming over for the burgers and ribs. If she's lucky, there might be a salad with some organic dressing that we can share with her.

Ideism, while I like the notion of dumping her into the water to wake her up, we must make sure she can swim first. She doesn't have enough body fat to float.... plus instead of yelling "I need HELP".. she'd be yelling "I need MINISTRATION, I need MINISTRATION".. and of course, no one would know what the hell she was saying. Maybe we could put a life preserver on her.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited February 2015

Hahahaha you girls are funny!

So happy to hear DP conversing and eating. Onwards and upwards.

I made a heart shaped chocolate cake with heart shaped muffins. Choc is everyone's favourite in this house. Carrot cake sounds good too Glennie. Thanks for the photo too, you are petite, but I still love ya !

Enough snow already. We have a top of 30 degrees today. Weird isn't it? Xx

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

PRB, you crack me up! I need ministration, indeed!! haha.. you know we love you Bobo.

Dawny, your cake sounds lovely! How sweet :)

So... Joe got the goods... we each have a package of original Tim Tams and he is now a Tim Tam addict.. They are delicious for sure, but I think they are even more so when eaten in Australia lol.

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2015

for those who haven't found them yet, this is the packageimage

• dawny
    edited February 2015

oooh, yes, eating Tim Tams in Australia is a MUST! Come on over!

Sgc, I really want to hear your accents! Love a Brooklyn one. It's got me thinking about all of YOUR accents. Ideism, Matt Damon is from Boston, isn't he? Love his accent, well love him actually! Lol. What about Spookie, Bobo and Glennie, do you have your own lilt? Must Google

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

No Target here, guess I will dream about having TimTams. One day I will get off my arse and drive the hour and a half to get them!

The video and song were lovely, Glennie! If it wasn't in Hebrew/English I would wonder if it wasn't a Celtic song. Amazing what a violin can do!

No snow here, just a wind chill high wind warning. Be safe in New England!

Hi DP! How was your Valentine's Day. I hope you and Bond had a great one!

BTW, I hope the addition is completed before it turns cold in Austrailia! If not, we may need to take up residence at the beach! Nothing beats a little sand between your toes! Oh, and I like my cheeseburgers well done.

• wren44
    edited February 2015

So happy to hear good news about DP.

M, You will have to build on an addition. Or find me a little cottage nearby. I would share.

Goldie was adopted by a sweet woman at the adoption event today. Squeakers was adopted too. By us as a valentines day present to each other.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Oh my goodness me! There is room for everyone, you girls crack me up.

Z thank you! Best news ever, that DP is awake, she's coherent and she is eating. Glennie that video and song was so beautiful, thank you. I have booked healing orbs, to be sent from a healer here in Australia, who does a weekly send out for my friends on FB, I have sent them anonymously before, she is a generous girl, who cares for everyone. The list closes at 6pm our time, on Sunday evenings. So DP, there is some healing energy coming at you, 9 hours from now.

No Valentines Day stuff in this house, we don't celebrate, just eat yummy shit when we feel like it and love each other, all the time! We ate so much stuff last night, watching episodes of Gotham, I had to stay up longer, so I wouldn't get reflux! This little piggy.....

Dreary and gray here again today, still humid though, not sure what I will do today, still cleaning up after the birds, they make so much mess with the fruit trees. I am scared someone will slip on all the discarded apples and pears, so I am out there sweeping up, a few times a day.

I can hear the Church bells right now, from St Peter's on the Lake, which is just a few doors along from us. I love that sound! Thinking about all of you, sending love and light to our girl DP, I hope she isn't feeling any pain and she and Bond are snuggled up together, talking.

Won't be far away, will check in later...M x

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

Oh thanks Spookiesmom, I have never seen Tim tams or knew what to look for but will be gone for a couple of weeks soon and will sure look.

Got a good laugh from all picking on Bobo, but never fear she will be back with those $3.00 words to blast us away! We love ya Bobo!

We are going uptown to our local (and only) establishment for a prime rib supper. It is not my favorite by far but we need to support our locals or we will lose the.

DP , hope you got my card that says we will have tequila shots in Vegas!,, we would have a blast! Hoping today was a good one with no pain.

• wren44
    edited February 2015

Glennie, Beautiful song.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Oh Wrenn, I am so happy for you, you kept squeakers! Goldie will be well looked after, that was a selfless act, by both of you!

I have been thinking, the house right next door is empty most of the time, they might let us use that! LOL

Sgc, we have a little beach just down from the house, you can put your toes in the sand anytime you like. The water is so clean and crystal clear right now. You wouldn't like the Winter, no snow right here, but bloody cold and the winds from the ocean are bitter.

Doesn't your Target do deliveries? Buy some new undies and get them to throw in a pack of Tim Tams, just a thought!

Dawny, I have had the same thoughts about the girls accents. I have spoken to DP and to Bobo and they were just as I expected. I got pretty good at accents working for United, but the only way I can be absolutely certain of Canadian is if they say "About" that's the only word that gives it away, for me.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

My Tim Tams were caramel,,, can't take picture, cuz they are GONE!

Glad you like the song. We sing it every week for healing. The leader asks if anyone has someone they wish to name,,, and people stand up. We go around the room, naming our people who need healing. It is a very nice part of our service, been a tradition with us for a very long time.

Wren:  excited about the cat adoptions!  YAY!!  Sneakers is staying with you.

Did a little more work on the back tonight. Nice and cool, but really windy. I imagined you all were in lounge chairs by the lake with blankets on against the chill wind and our handsome cabana boy bringing treats and drinks.  If only!!

Hi DP!   Hope you and Bond are having a lovely day together.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

I'm from Miami,, have been told I don't have an accent, but I can do Southern!

Sand between the toes is one of the best feelings in the world.  **sigh**

• wren44
    edited February 2015

My great grandfather said the cure for a headache was mud between your toes. I think it would work. Sand probably too if squishy/

• dawny
    edited February 2015

Can imagine DP' s Texan drawl, but not bobos voice. Miami, Glennie? Miami Vice is what comes to mind, sorry, trying to remember their accents.

Wren, I am so glad that Squeakers is staying with you! Awwww. I am sure that you have selected someone nice to look after Goldie too.

M, we have blue skies and sunshine today, sending some your way ....

ND, are you going on a holiday?

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2015

I can do southern too, am from Midwest, so I do have an accent. Towel comes out tal