Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

How are people with liver mets doing?

Comments

• Teen22
    Teen22 Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2014

Woody dear.........wishing you great results on your scans.  It will be okay..promise!  Hopefully.. majority, if not the 15 buggers, were obliterated by X. 

And to all the others anxiously waiting...I pray we ALL receive His divine grace and healing.   Virtual hug to all! 

• Kiss77
    Kiss77 Member Posts: 91
    edited November 2014

Woody and macska-ma, fingers crossed for the perfect PET scan results. Keep us posted!

Christina

• macska-ma
    macska-ma Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2014

thank you all!! You are so precious to me, you are giving me Hope. Today was my pet, results maybe tomorow or next week. Woody, fingers crossed, let us know (((((hugs)))))

• Woodylb
    Woodylb Member Posts: 935
    edited November 2014

Thank you Tilda for your heartfelt wishes. ((HUGS).

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93
    edited November 2014

Well, Woodylb, I'm having a PET scan tomorrow, too..... hoping for good results for both of us!!  After a year on Xeloda, and slowly rising TM's, I'm afraid I might get news of progression and change in tx.  Xeloda has worked well for me, and I've had normal blood work, for the most part, so who knows.  H&F has gotten worse this cycle, and I've had migrating pain in ribs, my right and left sides.  The good news about scans is we will hopefully get clear results.  The bad news?  We might not like what those results are!  Such is life with stage iv.

Looking forward to parents' weekend with my daughter this weekend- big football game, tailgate fun, and time with my DD and her friends.  It should be a good distraction as I wait for results, which always take a few looooooooong days.  Sending (((hugs))) to all of you!

• chichimaine
    chichimaine Member Posts: 89
    edited November 2014

I haven't been on in a couple of weeks.  Had my third dose of Navelbine even though my wbc was at 1100.  Developed swollen glands and a fever two days later.  Onc was great and put me on two heavy duty anti-biotics...they did the trick.  It allowed me take my off week and go to visit my daughters and all my grandchildren in Pittsburgh.  Was a great trip and it did them all good to be able to see me and know that I am ok.  Plus the good it did my heart to spend time with all of them.

Saw onc on Monday and started second round of three weekly Navelbine treatments.  Onc says all indications are that it is working! Yay!  I assume he is basing this on bloodwork (liver function).  I will have my first scan the last week of November and see him again Dec. 1st. Fingers crossed that it is working.

So happy for those of you that have had recent great results!!! And my heart and prayers go out to the "new" members of our lovely little group.  My thoughts and prayers are with each of you as we continue the battle...don't ever give up the fight!!

• redwolf8812
    redwolf8812 Member Posts: 580
    edited November 2014

Chichimaine - so glad your oncologist is positive.  Thanks be to God!  To all those awaiting scans and/or results, may you receive blessed results soon.

Prayers for all,

Penny

• Woodylb
    edited November 2014

Wowwww hollander amazing that we have scans on the same day. Well maybe my results would be a good omen to the both of us. After my PET  to day i saw the radiologist and she gave me the first impression after my 2 xeloda cycles. No progression to other places or otherwise, the largest tumor seemed to have slowed down a bit. Tomorrow late afternoon, i will get the full report . If first impression is right then xeloda stays and herceptin will be added. So hollander wishing you good results :)) the pain does jot necesseraly mean much i've had for the past weeks back pain, rib pain and liver pain. I feel it could have been triggered by xgeva. 

I hope you have a grand time with your daughter and get good scan results. God be with you . :((HUGS))

• Woodylb
    edited November 2014

Chichimaine, if your onc seems to think it is working then hopefully it probably is. I hope you get a long run on nev. 

• Woodylb
    edited November 2014

Thank you Penny for your kind wishes , God's mercy is endless . Praise the lord. :))

• Kiss77
    edited November 2014

My  Dear Woody,  I'm so happy for "stable" result. I wish you next time the result to be "NED" ! Good luck with Herceptin. You and your family are in my prayers. Hugs

Christina

• Woodylb
    edited November 2014

Christina my friend  i have not heard from you for a while , i am worried how have you been? Thank you for your wishes and i hope they are confirmed by tomorrow by the final report. I would be just glad not to have taxotere lolll. Anything else would do. You are in my prayers also specially now that i am in Lebanon till saturday i am lucky to be able to attend services. Keep me posted. Kisses. 

• Kiss77
    edited November 2014

Woody, they WILL confirm the good results tomorrow - there is no other option, trust me. Everything will be fine. There is no way for me to know it, but I feel it.

And have a great time in Lebanon my dear!

• Woodylb
    edited November 2014

thank you my dear Christina, i am enjoying it since i am spending the time with my son. How is nevalbine treating you?

• macska-ma
    macska-ma Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2014

woody, its great news!!!!!! i am sure they will confirm that tomorow! We have so rude radiologists, they dont want to tell us anything before the report is done. 

I've got the PET report today. They confirmed progression, but no other met in my body. Uffff. Extensive liver mets and two nodes (one of them has 50mm:( Do you have nodes involved? I have one near stomach and one near liver. I am afraid that huge mets and nodes dont give me a time to try treatments. We are asking doktors and insurance about y90. But they are afraid they are too huge for y90 too. They will let me know. 

• ronniekay
    ronniekay Member Posts: 657
    edited November 2014

I returned from CA yesterday and had my scans...now in waiting for the call from my new onc.  I'm starting to be concerned as it's almost 1 pm.  They give no preliminary report.  I haven't been scanned since January & though my blood/TM's are good, I just pray little cells didn't go searching out new playgrounds!  

Hallelujah Woody!!! Prayers answered..I agree with Kiss...good news will be confirmed!  I'm happy you're home with your son...healing in itself!  I was gone 8 days so today I'm holding my sleeping 1yr old Grandaughter...going on 3 hours!!! She missed me too.

Penny...I'm so glad Navelbine is treating you better!  Lord knows it took care of me...yesterday was hercep/perj and I start femara again...which somewhat confuses me, as I got liver mets while taking femara :(...maybe the biologics will be the answer?  And how fantastic you got to take a road trip with your DD!  To us west coasters, the east is so romantic.  My husband was at the Kennedy School of Gov years ago so I visited then, and a couple other times.  I loved the train, with all the students wearing their school attire.  Boston U...wow! 

Chichi...Agreed...if your onc says he/she's confident, run with it!  Navelbine was my magic...my liver was full of tumors...big...and 5 mos later 80% shrinkage...then more & more to stable!  Hope, girl, hope :)

Macska...I think you'll read many of us had large tumors...and I have faith they will find the drug that gives you time...you know you...and all have the prayers of our sisterhood here!!!

Hollander....don't know if I missed your pet results...hoping the markers were just jumping around as they can do & there's no progression!  Thank heavens for distractions that build important memories!!!!

• Woodylb
    edited November 2014

macska-ma,

Thank you for your sincere wishes. I am so sorry for you progression , it is not the news you want to hear but at least it has not gone to other places. I do not have yet any nodes envolvement yet but i do have extensive tumors on my liver and one large 35mm near the stomach as i also had a progression 2 months ago on my spine all the way till my hip and iliac bone. However, i hope they will find you the right medication soon. Have they used all options? And all trials? What about nevalbine? Do not give up yet the Y90 even though it is still in its first stage of trial    , it seems that you may be a good candidate and if you qualify for it you should be able to get it for free without paying for it . 

This is the trial contact informtation:

Dr. Mary Mulcahy principle investigator

(312)6954440

Email: m-mulcahy@northwestern.edu

Try to contact them directly and send them your complete file and they can inform you if your qualify or not.  I hope this helps you. Let me know what your onc will decide. My prayers are with you. ((HUGS)).

• Woodylb
    edited November 2014

RonnieKay, welcome back your lycky grandchild would miss such a wondeful grandma. I hope you get good results soon God's willing and he is always willing to answer so many prayers. The time with your grand daughter will make you forget thevterrible waiting anxiety., prayers and hugs please keep me posted. Xoxoxoxo

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93
    edited November 2014

Woodylb, thanks for the words of encouragement.  I'm so happy to hear about your results!!  I'll hear about mine next week. In the mean time, I'll enjoy my off week from xeloda and my visit with my daughter.  RonnieKay, those markers can be crazy, that's for sure.  Mine were in the normal range for several months after I was diagnosed with mets, so I can see why many MO's don't rely on them.  I will definitely enjoy making some memories this weekend. I'll post my (hopefully good) results when I get them.  Hugs all around!

• NJoy
    NJoy Member Posts: 17
    edited November 2014

Dearest Woodylb.....I came on line tonight to see if you posted about your can.....so very happy to hear your good news!!!! No progression is wonderful and I pray with you for confirmation on the final report ... so xeloda is continued with herceptin added? Hope you are enjoying your beautiful son whose school paper I recently read and was moved to tears at the expression of his emotions about this illness ... I have two sons so "there before the grace of God go I"  Prayers for your confirmation and a safe trip home ...  ((((hugs))))

• Woodylb
    edited November 2014

Hollander , praying you get god results next week and posting them here so we can cheer about it all of us. Have a wonderful weekend with your daughter and an enjoyable one now worries ...hugs . 

• Woodylb
    edited November 2014

Dearest Nadine, i was about to PM you to see how you are doing on xeloda , i have been worried you have'nt posted in a while . Thank you for your prayers and  wishes they warm my heart, in fact all these wonderful ladies on this thread are a rock and tender human beings, god bless them all. Yes i will hear the final report today and talk to my doctor here to hear what she has to say and then take the results and fly back . Basically, yes if the results confirm stability then i will have a full heart check up and go on to herceptin plus the xeloda and xgeva for the bones. Hopefully they will do the trick. My faith is even stronger in the believe whatever will happen God is leading the way. I am fully submitted to his will and as far as i am concerned nothing bad can come from him even when it is very bad . I am confident and hopefull that xeloda will be good for you and i will pray for you with all my heart. Keep me posted and may god keep you safe for yourself and your children. Xoxoxoxo. 

• ronniekay
    edited November 2014

My news came.....the nurse said she wanted to give me great news about my scans...my heart is singing!!!  I am still stable, with more shrinkage (in January the tumors they were following were down to nearly nothing, so, wow!).  She said they are excited about the results and will follow the course of action.  I so hope this news will continue to be echoed with each scan our sisters have!  Must go see baby again. My sister (who lives 5 hrs away) came last night, on her way to care for my other sister (she lives another 1.5 hrs away...WA is a big state) after her uterine C surgery.  She got here at midnight and we talked until 4 am!   Love to all!

• smiley47
    smiley47 Member Posts: 91
    edited November 2014

Congratulations, you deserve this.  Glad to hear your visiting with your sisters is going well and you are able to relax now and enjoy life again without that terrible tension hanging over you.  Hope tumours continue disappear and you become cancer free/NED

• redwolf8812
    edited November 2014

Thank You, Lord, for RonnieKay's great news! Woo Hoo!

• Woodylb
    edited November 2014

Youppiiiii yayyyyyy Ronniekay, wonderful news , i am so happy for yu and thankgul to our lord for keeping the light in every heart and every hone. God bless you and i hope you have good weekend .xoxoxox

• Woodylb
    edited November 2014

Hello everyone,

I got my report for PET , i have a mixed response, most liver tumors are either stable or show decrease in SUV activity except for segment VII in the liver which shows a slight increase of SUV. bones are stable and decreasing in activity except for the iliac bone which increasing in activity. No progression to other sites or progression in the active site. Other parts of the body clearr. My guess is They will keep me on xeloda and add. The herceptin. It is not bad after the second cycle only. Hugs and prayers to all

• smiley47
    smiley47 Member Posts: 91
    edited November 2014

Another congratulations is in order for the group to give, this is so good that your treatment is working and we as a group can have positive threads to read. Now you can relax and enjoy the weekend.

• ronniekay
    edited November 2014

Yes Woody!!! After only two cycles of xeloda, this sounds very promising. I know that w/my liver tumors they measured certain ones, not all...it seems if tumors show a decrease in size...is it possible the ones that they think show increase were possibly not measured in your previous scan? I believe this is hopeful news & herceptin will give you added protection if pesky cells think they can spread!!! Hope is powerful & I know your faith is strong!

Thank you all...for sharing in my relief & joy with this news. Smiley...nice to see you! Penny...I'm dancing...and singing the song...DH is hopeful I'll follow through w/the next line by Cool & the Gang.....LOL!!! Love always.

• redwolf8812
    edited November 2014

Yay, Woodylb! Thank You, Lord! Herceptin is just the thing you need to clean up what's lingering.

- Penny