Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

How are people with liver mets doing?

Comments

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited April 2015

sorry for your loss woody. I hate cancer.

Maureen

• ronniekay
    ronniekay Member Posts: 657
    edited April 2015

Woody..I'm so sorry to hear that your Aunt has passed, but we know she is at peace, with a renewed body & spirit. I'm glad you were able to visit her...she may have waited for you.

Carla...hoping you're feeling better...such a trying journey & from your riding picture, I think you have a family of friends who I hope bring you joy! Remember to let them know when you need them...I know my friends are supportive & sometimes, when I feel most vulnerable from this mess, I'm so glad I have my family here.

Penny...so many examples of healing during times of raised counts...that's what we keep praying for!

Maureen...wishing you well tomorrow, when new tx starts!

Leftfoot...glad for the return of your brain power!!! You need it to keep your brood organized!

To all my sisters...trying to catch up...thinking of you all!!! And just when I think all our company has gone...more is coming!!! Back to the store.

• redwolf8812
    redwolf8812 Member Posts: 580
    edited April 2015

Freebird53 - I so admire you (and anyone else going this alone). My mother-in-law fought the beast for @ 7 years. She passed away in 2001. I never appreciated how much she had to handle on her own, which I'm ashamed of, because ever since my diagnosis, she's always on my mind. I have my husband to battle insurance companies, pharmacies, pay bills, etc., while I concentrate on getting better. But it just shows how strong you are - you do what you have to do because it needs to be done.

Prayers,

Penny

• apackoftwo
    apackoftwo Member Posts: 64
    edited April 2015

A little change of subject - I have liver mets and am currently taking Xeloda, one week on, one week off, 1500 mg. morning and evening - no serious side effects except my hair is growing at a very slow rate and nausea. Since I am allergic to Zofran and all the other drugs in that category they have me taking Compazine and Ativan - the Compazine doesn't work and I worry about addiction problems with the Ativan - never had addiction problems myself but have strong family hx - therefore worry. So a friend in my town who is a nutritional consultant said given my age, stress etc. I may be low on hydrochloric acid production and to try taking HCLw/pepsin. I was so reluctant as everything you hear is that chemo makes the system hyper acidic - but a couple of days ago decided to give it a try - figured a few times couldn't do too much harm. It seems to be working wonders - no more nausea and the gas that has been very bad for most of treatment is resolving too. Has anyone else heard of this, or tried it? I wonder if I should call my onc to see if O.K. but as it is a natural substance the body makes anyway, I wonder if this is necessary. After 2 1/2 days, one capsule with each meal, I am nausea free. Would love feedback. Susie

• redwolf8812
    edited April 2015

Lab work came back. Liver enzymes in the 200's. Bilirubin normal. Sigh. Thank You, Lord, for giving me a family vacation to look forward to.

- Penny

• chichimaine
    chichimaine Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2015

Have not been on the board for a week, so catching up. I'm still working full time which is a blessing and a curse...at least it keeps my mind occupied with thoughts other than cancer and chemo! lol

Woody - So sorry to hear about the loss of your Aunt. I am thanking God that she is resting and at peace with Him. I've lost so many family members to this cursed disease - father, sister, aunts, uncles and grandparents. My only comfort is that I will see them again some day. How are you doing? I didn't read back very far...hope all is well with you.

Penny - Love your "Wish" you posted!!! Wouldn't that be wonderful??!! Glad you have a vacation to look forward to...ENJOY!

Freebird - You are stronger than you think...fighting this battle alone is not easy at all! Please know that we are here whenever you need to talk or vent or scream...I've been doing some of that lately! I agree that the mind is one of the worst se's - it's amazing how my mind creates more problems for me than even the chemo sometimes. I'm living on pain pills and Ativan to keep my sanity right now. I know things will calm down again eventually, but for now a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! lol

I start back with Navlbine on Monday after nearly two months off. My onc let me take time off to give my body a break and a chance to heal. I'm praying that the chemo does not bring back the artery spasms this time...I've got my Ativan in hand! lol Will catch up with you all again soon. May you all have a great weekend!

Debbie

• Woodylb
    Woodylb Member Posts: 935
    edited April 2015

Chichi,

Glad to gear from you and happy you are well. Thank you for your kind words about my aunt, i am glad she went peacefully without a lot of pain she was so scared of pain . I am sure her dear soul is in heaven woth the people she loved most.

I hope you are well rested and your spasms subsided . You will be on track for nevalbine and i hope this time with ativan your heart will tolerate it.

I am well so far, i will finish my six months of taxol/herceptin/perjeta in mid may. I will go back home around the 7th of may , PET scan and do the last taxol . We will decide after the scans how the treatment will continue.

I hope your first nevalbine after the break goes well. Hugs and prayers xoxoxoxoxo

• chichimaine
    edited April 2015

Saw this and wanted to post here. Hope all are having a good weekend!

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited April 2015

Beautiful

• Woodylb
    edited April 2015

Chichi,

It is so beautiful and so painfully true. God bless you for posting it. Thank you. Xoxoxoxox

• redwolf8812
    edited April 2015

UPenn tomorrow. If liver numbers are elevated due to chemo, than they "should" be lower since I had last week off. However, if they're higher, than it's "complicated". Something tells me they'll be higher. Sigh. Haven't had good news in so long. Thank The Lord I feel good.

HeartPenny

• chichimaine
    edited April 2015

Penny,

It's time for good news for a change! I'm praying and believing - Jeremiah 29:11 has been popping up all over the place lately and I am believing that i's meant for you, my friend! Thinking of you often!

I went back to onc after two months off from chemo. He will take some new scans to get a new baseline and see if the tumors grew since I've been off Navelbine. I had planned on starting chemo today, but I was a big blubbering mess for some reason on Monday. Seems I've been on a roller coaster of emotions over the past month or so and can cry at the drop of a hat. I've been irritable, too. and fed up with work. I've started thinking about why and I think maybe it has to do with coming off the hormone therapy. I had been on Anastrazole for more than two years and never went through a real menopause. Maybe that's what's happening to me now. The doc put me on a mild antidepressant (Citalopram 20 mg). He wants me to continue to take the Ativan when I'm feeling "spazzy!" and the pain pills are still okay to take for the chest "cold pains" that I continue to have. We will see what happens!

Blessings right back at you, Woody! And more to all of the rest of you lovely ladies!

• ellamilana
    ellamilana Member Posts: 59
    edited April 2015

biopsy results. i am now triple negative from triple positive, very bad news... omg

• Woodylb
    edited April 2015

Penny , i second Chichimaine too. I prayed for you last night so that today your numbers will be good and so you take your dose. I hope we all hear your good news. I am glad you are feeling well . Good luck to you on today and God be with you. Heart

• Woodylb
    edited April 2015

Chichi, good luck to you on your scans and i pray you are well and no progression of any sort. I beleive it is the combination of all meds which are making you more nervous. For me Ativan side effects will do that. So i do not take it much. Plus in your case if you haven't had a proper menopause it will do that also. Wait and see what comes up after the scan and all and if it still bothering you talk to your doc about adjusting the meds. Prayers are with you all the way. Xoxoxoxoxox

• ronniekay
    edited April 2015

Good Morning, Woody & hope everyone else is fast asleep. My early nap has me awake now, thinking, hoping for everyone's healing.

Penny...so much hope for your appt today to go well...to receive the news that treatment is working & your liver is responding, healing.

Chichi...it sounds like your onc is considerate of your emotional/mental journey...that's such a good thing. Just the mere acceptance of the disease, add drugs, as Woody says, it's hard. To still be working is amazing! I'm happy it gives you a release from thinking bc. I so wish I could be that same person from 6 yrs ago...firm underarms as well! Prayers that scans show no progression.

Ella...there have been more changes from negative to positive lately, so this takes my breath away. What will this mean for treatment? Prayers that your onc will have healing options!

Good night all....love & hope to all.

• redwolf8812
    edited April 2015

Ella - my oncologist sometimes treats my cancer as if it's trip neg since the anti-her2neu agents don't work on me. It responds very well to chemotherapy. Keep the faith. Let's see what happens. Do you know what your next treatment is?

Prayers...

:-) Penny

• Woodylb
    edited April 2015

Ella,

I am sorry you biopsy showed change , but sometimes triple negative respond fully to chemo so chin up that you may be one of those. Prayers.

• Woodylb
    edited April 2015

Lolllll Ronniekay, i am awake whether it is day or night anyway with or without meds . My best prayers are at 3.00 A.M. This way i do not spend time thinking but instead praying for all of us. Xoxoxoxoxoxox

• SyrMom
    SyrMom Member Posts: 575
    edited April 2015

Penny & Ella - my thoughts & prayers are with you.  I truly understand how scary this shit can be, changes, no responses, new side effects, on & on, etc.  We're all here for you to help you deal with whatever it is you need to deal with.

Chichi - good luck with your scans.  My emotions are all over the map regardless of hormones - generally related to the roller coaster ride this beast/treatment responses put me through.  An understanding, empathetic oncologist certainly makes a difference.  I finally (long, long story) have such an oncologist - only been 2 weeks & what a difference after nearly 4 1/2 years of hell dealing with another. 

• tryn2staycalm
    tryn2staycalm Member Posts: 470
    edited April 2015

Ella - I can feel the stress your feeling in your omg!  Talk to your oncologist, hopefully he can find another line of treatment just perfect for you.  I was told DON'T GIVE UP, that is very important.  Best to everyone in their treatments. 

Cathy

• ronniekay
    edited April 2015

SyrMom...such great news about a new onc. Trust & faith that someone cares about you...so important!

• redwolf8812
    edited April 2015

Thank You, Jesus & Mary! Liver numbers came down. Waiting for chemo. Thanks for continued prayers.

:-) Penny

• ronniekay
    edited April 2015

WOOHOO!!! So happy, Penny, & hope you have the biggest smile on your face...I do!!!

• Woodylb
    edited April 2015

Yayyyyyyyy Penny , i am doing the happy dance for you , prayers prayers and prayers. Heart

• Woodylb
    edited April 2015

Syrmom, very happy you finally got an oncoligist you like and trust , it will make a world of difference :)))

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited April 2015

yay for good results and good oncologists

• chichimaine
    edited April 2015

Penny - Yipeeeeee! Our God is an awesome God and hears our prayers for each other!! So happy for your good news!!!

Ella - I, too, went from triple + to triple neg. After a couple of other tries, Navelbine is working wonderfully for me and my onc says there are other options out there, too! Hang in there and know that we are all in your corner and sending prayers for you.

Syrmom - Thanks! And so happy that you have found a good onc who will actually listen...sooo important!

Blessings and sweet dreams to all!

Debbie

• ellamilana
    ellamilana Member Posts: 59
    edited April 2015

Thanks everyone for support, I'm better and will NEVER give up. I have an excellent oncologist and already started new protocol (Tykerb/Navelbine).

Debbie=What did you take before Navelbine?

Penny=Your good results are our good results, brings us hope and reassurance, so happy,

Syrmom=God communicates with us through people and our oncologist is that person. I'm happy he finally sent you the right one

~exoxo

• SyrMom
    SyrMom Member Posts: 575
    edited April 2015

Penny - sooooo happy for you!!

Yes, ladies, having a good Onc makes all the difference!  It's been a long, hard, 4 1/2 yr - but, I'm eternally grateful now!!