Tips, Tricks and How to get through this Chit!
After talking with several members and asking questions, someone mentioned that it would be nice to have a tips thread. So here it is. Here's a few basic things for you to consider and please add any tips that worked for you. As BC sisters, all the help we can give each other will make the trip a little easier.
- Always take someone with you to appointments. 2 sets of ears are better than one. And you won't think your crazy because you heard something that the doc swears they didn't say!
- How to get out of bed or chair;
- Taking pain medication does not make you weak--everyone reacts differently to different pain medications--if you are still in pain on medication, you need to have the medication adjusted/changed;
- If you can, get a baseline hearing test, sometimes chemo can affect your hearing.
- get your vaccinations up to date, flu shots, pneumonia shot, shingles shot.
- Pillows to buy;
- How to wipe yourself after toileting;
- Best clothing choices;
- Bras that fit TE's;
- Sleeping positions/locations;
- Physical therapy works wonders.
Here's a link to the constipation thread: http://community.breastcancer.org/topic_post?forum_id=6&id=781867&page=1
Here's a link to wound care: http://community.breastcancer.org/topic_post?forum_id=44&id=754935&page=1
The topics are not limited to those above. Please feel free to add something that you think would help others. I think if you enter the topic, bold it, then type in your suggestions, it would make it easier for others to find what they might be looking for. (Hope that makes sense.)
Link to board survey for Pinktober.