Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Life does not end with a stage IV diagnosis (really!)

Comments

• Kandy
    Kandy Member Posts: 424
    edited August 2016

Bluefrog, that was an awesome birthday gift. Love the pics. Hope you continue to live life to the fullest.

Caryn, I do hope you and your new kids adjust quickly. I admire teachers. I learned so much respect for them when my kids were in school. I just don't know how y'all do it. Your kids are so fortunate to have you.

To everyone else and the newbies, enjoy the moment.

• Wendy3
    Wendy3 Member Posts: 872
    edited August 2016

Bluefrog love the pics and especially the big smiles on all the faces. You are truly a luck lady

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 758
    edited August 2016

And now for something completely different, as seen recently on a seaside boardwalk:

Which would you choose?

Tina

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,460
    edited August 2016

Bluefrog, wonderful gift for sure. Glad you have been able to hike and drive as well. Inspiring to me to say the least.

Tina - I think it would be the netflix and chill for me. So much I enjoy watching on it at any time.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,607
    edited August 2016

I'd get a scoop of coffee break and a scoop of dark chocolate coffee......and since it was sandwiched between those two, I looked up "affogato " which I never heard of, and find its also a coffee flavor, so I'd have a scoop of that, too All on a wafer (cake) cone.

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited August 2016

Blue, What great photos of you and your family. That was a very sweet way to celebrate your birthday! DG that just makes me want to go out and hike right now. There is no better blessing than to feel well. I have been trying to ride our bike trail as frequently as I can. The last leg is a huge winding uphill trek, but so far I can still make it (with a very red face!) Shutter, I too appreciate my body like never before! Wendy, you are a go-getter! Good for you for joining that regatta. That sounds like such a blast! I think I will try Mintnight in Paris, YUM!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited August 2016

Yum, ice cream! This summer I have gone crazy for kulfi, which is Indian style ice cream. Very rich, dense and creamy. Best tasting are the traditional Indian flavors such as saffron, rose, cardamom, pistachio, mango etc. Definitely worth the trouble to find an Indian ice cream shop or grocery store to taste these treats.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited August 2016

Okay, I am almost afraid to ask, but I just have to. What is in booger ice cream? I cannot read the small print.

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 758
    edited August 2016

50sgirl, I can't read the small print either. Sorry. Guess you'll just have to take your chances or choose something a bit more ordinary!

Loopy

Tina

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited August 2016

Bluefrog: Happy 40th B'day! When I was first diagnosed, I couldn't roll over in bed or get in the car by myself either...and I couldn't even wipe my own butt because of the compression fractures and the tumors compressing my spinal cord. The pain was excruciating. I still need one of those special bars that fit on the side of the bed to help me get in and out of bed, but I rarely use my walker anymore...just the cane to get around.

You will continue to heal, my dear.

• Kandy
    edited August 2016

Life certainly doesn't end with this diagnosis. I am now a proud Mimi. I started a new thread about it. Harper arrived yesterday and I am in love. imageimage

• Wendy3
    edited August 2016

Congrats Kandy he is adorable🤗

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited August 2016

Bluefrog,

Thanks for sharing your family and a small piece of your life with us. Photos make our presence real and for me, connections more sincere. I'm not saying that someone who chooses not to share personal photos is less connected, and I would never imply their presence here less valuable without, do what makes us protected and yet engaged.

Our pool is now swimable, so just before dinner I pulled out my book Boys in the Boat, the true story of the rowing team from Seatte who took Gold in the 1936 Olympics in Berlin. I enjoyed about an hour of absorbing the hardships most of the US and Europe were enduring. My life is a piece of cake.

Enjoy your day dear ladies.

Amy

• divinemrsm
    edited August 2016

Kandy, big congrats on Harper!!!

Amy, the pool sounds fabulous

• mara51506
    edited August 2016

Congratulations Kandy on your grandson. Glad you have your pool Amy. Sounds heavenly.

• 50sgirl
    edited August 2016

Kandy, You and Harper look so good together.

Rachel, Happy birthday. The gift of reasons for loving you is so touching and sweet. I cannot think of anything better! What part of northern NH did you visit? Your pictures are beautiful, as they always are.

Amy, Enjoy your pool. I am glad it is now ready to swim in.

Enjoy the rest of your da.

Lynne

• exbrnxgrl
    edited August 2016

Kandy,

Congrats! I am so excited for you and can say, unequivocally, that being a Mimi is the best!

Caryn (aka Mimi to two beautiful grandchildren

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited August 2016

Kandy,

He is beautiful   Enjoy all the moments 

To all enjoy the days and all that come with them, the good, the bad and the ugly.  I try to remember even when disagreeing with my young adult children - I am here and they will have memories - good bad and ugly!

Best

Nel

• Bluefrog76
    Bluefrog76 Member Posts: 250
    edited August 2016

Lynne: our family has been in Landaff, NH, about 15 miles from Littleton, since the 1600s. I think the population is about 400. My grandmother left when she was 17, but her sister, 92, is still there. It's almost like going back in time. Here's the whole town and a four generation picture.

• divinemrsm
    edited August 2016

Simply beautiful, Bluefrog

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited August 2016

Ohhhhh Kandy, He is gorgeous! I LOVE the name Harper. OMG you must be on cloud 9! Super congrats to all! do they have to wrestle you to get him back? LOL! Rachel, what a beautiful picture. My kind of town! Reminds me of Little house on the Prairie. I really enjoy your photos!

• 50sgirl
    edited August 2016

Oh Rachel,

The pictures are beautiful. The photo of 4 generations is something that will be looked at and cherished for many more generations. I have some of my family's old photo albums, and there is picture that was taken when I was probably only a few weeks old. My sister, mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother are also in the picture. The black and white photo is worn and faded, but I still love to look at it and think about how much things have changed since my great-grandmother was a child. I am the only person in the picture who is still alive, but I still pull out that photo and many others and share them with my children and grandchildren. They love to hear me tell stories and share my memories of the people whose images they see in those albums.

I have a house not too far from Littleton, in Bretton Woods. Have you ever been there? I can't imagine how many memories your family has of Landaff. It must be wonderful to have people still living there to tell you details about your family history. Your roots are deep there.

Thank you for sharing.

Lynne

• shutterbug73
    shutterbug73 Member Posts: 284
    edited August 2016

Congratulations Kandy and welcome baby Harper! What a great photo of the two of you :)

Amy - Enjoy the new pool! I hope you have a big raft that you can float around on all day and read!

Great family pics Bluefrog. I see more folks in the background. It must have been a great gathering! I bet that area is gorgeous in the fall. I hope to make it to New England one day. I have genealogy research to do in the Andover/Salem Mass. area.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited August 2016

Hope everyone I s well and had a good weekend. My older dd had two of her college pals in for the weekend. They went up to San Francisco for the evening (where the had gone to school) and didn't come home until 3:00 am. I had an equally fun evening cooking dinner with Frankie, bathing her, watching funny animal videos and tucking her in to bed.Anyway, by the time I got home and into bed, it was almost 4:00am. Happily, my dogs let me sleep until 10:30. My timing is quite skewed today, but well worth it.

I had my thyroid biopsy on Thursday. The first two pokes were ok, but that third onehurt. The endocrinologist was very kind and asked me if I could tolerate a third stick. I figured might as well, since I was there. Ouch, but it was over quickly. Should have results within a week.

For today's smiles, here's Miles enjoying his tasty, tiny toes.

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited August 2016

Caryn, the flexibility! Miles is absolutely adorable.

Wishing you the best with your biopsy.

Rose

• exbrnxgrl
    edited August 2016

Thanks, steelrose. For the record, I laid on my bed this morning and tried to see if I could get my toes to my mouth. No dice and I didn't want to break anything 😉

• Wendy3
    edited August 2016

Hahaha I can barely touch my toes never mind get them to my head. He is absolutely precious you are a very lucky lady.

Wendy

• mara51506
    edited August 2016

He is beautiful. I miss being so flexible. Makes me want to start yoga again.

• Kandy
    edited August 2016

Caryn, Miles is adorable. I hope your results are good from your biopsy.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited August 2016

Yes, thanks, me too. There should be a law, only one type of cancer per person..