Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone here with another primary cancer diagnosis??

Options

Comments

• maggie2
    maggie2 Member Posts: 240
    edited August 2018
    Options

2Fun, my kidney tumor was 3.2 cm on the upper, outer quadrant of the kidney.  After the CT scan results came in, I was immediately referred to a kidney surgeon.  He felt that there was no need for further testing, as the CT showed quite clearly that the tumor was malignant.  He showed us the CT pictures and pointed out the tumor, but I really can't recall what it looked like.

Alice, agree wholeheartedly!

• 2FUN
    2FUN Member Posts: 789
    edited August 2018
    Options

thanks maggie, I'm glad your tumor was diagnosed when it was.

• InnaB2018
    InnaB2018 Member Posts: 766
    edited August 2018
    Options

Maggie, happy they found your tumors in time. This disease is horrible...

• fairchild
    fairchild Member Posts: 138
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi, y'all! I had a sarcoma that reoccurred in spite of surgery with good margins from my 20s through my 40s. An amputation finally cured me. Now diagnosed with BC. My oncologist did full genetic testing, but there are no abnormalities. Luck of the draw, I guess...

• 2FUN
    edited September 2018
    Options

hi Fairchild, sorry to see you here, but glad you are here. I had 3 different cancers, and all my genetic testing was "normal". Dr's said they are confident of a genetic link, it just hasn't been discovered yet "

• fairchild
    edited September 2018
    Options

2FUN, Yeah, that's what they said to me, too! I'm sorry you've had to deal with this, but will admit it's comforting to know other folks out there have experienced multiple cancers, too. I hope you're doing well now!

Fairchild

• 2FUN
    edited September 2018
    Options

yeah Fairchild, I returned to work 6 weeks after my last surgery, worked the school year, and spent this last summer exercising to get my stench back. I can tell a big difference just a few days back to work. The exercise and finding an AI that I can tolerate has helped too. I hope u r on the mend also

• fairchild
    edited September 2018
    Options

2FUN, naw, I just had my first chemo and feel utterly wiped out. But today was a bit better than yesterday, so assuming this will get better with time..... Hang in there!

• Yoxter123
    Yoxter123 Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2018
    Options

hi everyone , interesting how many of us have had kidney cancers found after bc was diagnosed ... I had a robotic partial nephrectomy last year for a clear cell kidney cancer recovery was not too bad .

This years challenge? Awaiting pathology result on an "interesting looking " colon polyp found at my latest colonoscopy (2 years since last colonoscopy)

Had genetic testing last year through Color .... Nothing detected... Hopefully if they can all be persuaded to share OUR results then all the daughters and wives will benefit from any patterns emerging.

Keep smiling and fighting !

• maggie2
    edited September 2018
    Options

A CT scan for breast cancer reconstruction found my kidney cancer.  I had a partial nephrectomy in April.  All of my genetic testing came back normal, also.  

Yoxter, wishing you the best on the path results from the colon polyp.

• robinblessed54
    robinblessed54 Member Posts: 485
    edited September 2018
    Options

Yoxter123, I had 7 polyps removed last year, all were pre cancers and 3 years prior I had 0 polyps! I was on a 10 year recall but was having changes in my bowels so GI doctor did another colonoscopy. What if I had waited until they grew and became cancerous?? I hate to imagine.

I am convinced that once your body knows how to grow cancer cells, it finds other places to grow it!

I have monoclonal gammopathy (MGUS) which is the precursor to multiple myeloma!! What next??!!

Robin

• talbrig13
    talbrig13 Member Posts: 358
    edited September 2018
    Options

Update - had the thyroid out and about 20 lymph nodes on left side and central neck - 10 were positive. seeing doc tomorrow to see when the radioactive iodine treatment will be. Not feeling great - laryngeal nerve is damaged and I have no voice.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,943
    edited September 2018
    Options

Talbrig13, I hope that nerve damage to your vocal chords is temporary. And I hope the rest of your treatments are successful and not too hard to endure.

My update is that I had my left kidney removed on the 18th. The cancer was around 6 cm, so a partial was too difficult, which had been explained at my first appointment. Kidney cancers are really sneaky; apparently this sucker had been growing for years. Recovery is going okay, I just look very stabbed from several midriff incisions and I'm still sore (and occasionally VERY sore), but it's getting better gradually. Wish I had bought some overalls before the surgery since most pants (I don't do skirts/dresses) rub and press in the wrong place. I had lost a lot of weight recently, so those larger clothes are handy, but something like overalls would have been the best for going out in public.

• 2FUN
    edited October 2018
    Options

sorry about needing surgery for more cancer ladies. I used to.sing opera, and now I can't carry a tune since my thyroid extomy. It will get better, but it may not be like it used to be

• dakrock
    dakrock Member Posts: 17
    edited October 2018
    Options

Yes I was just diagnosed with melanoma on my face.   Had surgery two weeks ago and stiches out last week.   Now I find out that surgeon has to go back in for more to get better margins.    I have a huge scar on my face right by my cheek bone shaped like a crescent moon.   Now it will be larger.   I hate cancer.   I had mastectomy in February 2018 and immediate reconstruction.     

• maggie2
    edited October 2018
    Options

Dakrock, sorry that you are joining this group and also that you now need to have more surgery. Would there be options, such as a skin graft for the scar?

• 2FUN
    edited October 2018
    Options

dakrock, I am so sorry. hugs. I need to get my skin checked too. hang in there!

• bethhg
    bethhg Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2018
    Options

I had breast cancer (IDC) 9 years ago and thyroid cancer ( Hurthle cell) 3 years ago. I had a bilateral mastectomy, but no chemo or radiation with breast cancer. I had a total thyroidectomy with radiactive iodine treatment with the thyroid cancer.

Also, I have type 2 diabetes. I have more issues with my health because of the diabetes. I know that I don't eat right, but I have serious impulse eating issues going on with sweets. I wish that had a rehab for that

• dakrock
    dakrock Member Posts: 17
    edited October 2018
    Options

Maggie2

Yes the plastic surgeon said we will take care of the scar.   I'm really not sure what she has planned but I'm just so down in the dumps I really didn't ask.   After the next surgery on the 11/1/18 I will find out what we can do.   I feel like the cancer is now just running through my body.   All say don't worry you will be fine....easy for them to say.   Trying to stay as upbeat as I can.  Hang in there everyone.   This too such pass :)

• Dunes
    Dunes Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2018
    Options

so sorry Dakrock. I too had melanoma diagnosed (sept 2017) within 6 months of my BC dx.(unilateral mastectomy/diep flap). Surgical oncologist says an unfortunate coincidence. She's been rather nonchalant about the whole thing. The dermatologist says he's sure there's a connection, just not discovered yet. My melanoma was Acral lentiginous- rare and in my foot. Recovery from that surgery was pretty long too. My derm has mentioned C-Kit gene. I've been well, followup appts. with 5 different docs. I'm not sure I'll ever get used to wondering if every little thing may be cancer....fellow survivors say it's our new normal :-(. Please let me know ofdevelopments.

Prayers for all on this board!

• Georgia1
    Georgia1 Member Posts: 188
    edited October 2018
    Options

Dakrock, I'm so sorry. I had melanoma years before the breast cancer diagnosis, and the treatment plan really does focus on surgery rather than radiation or chemo. So I'm sending you good thoughts and prayers that you are done soon. If there's anything at all I can do please let me know.

Heart

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited October 2018
    Options

October of 2013 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and Lymphoma (blood cancer ) at the same time . Lymphoma is now Stage 4 and I have one of the few types for which there is no cure . Prior to this diagnosis I was diagnosed with uterine cancer at age 25 and breast cancer the first time at age 28 . Over the past 5 years I have had 5 malignant melanomas (skin cancer) . The one thing I have learned through all of this is that "everyday above ground is a good day " so no matter how I might feel I try never to waste a day ! My best to all of you !

• lekker
    lekker Member Posts: 238
    edited October 2018
    Options

Fiaranch1 - I think you win this competition none of us want to be in! Have you had genetic testing? Sorry if I’ve asked before.

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited October 2018
    Options

leker , Yes I have had genetic testing and nothing showed up there (e.g no BRACA 1 or 2 etc.) However the genetic counselor said it was likely there are some genetic issues and that the genetic tests are being updated/refined all the time to add additional tests . Those tests were done 5 years ago . Honestly with "the cost of cancer " even with insurance I likely won't have any retesting done .

• wised
    wised Member Posts: 184
    edited October 2018
    Options

Fiaranch, you are an amazing human.

This is my second primary as I was treated for stage 3b colon cancer in 2015. I also have an extremely rare bleeding disorder called FXIII.

• Yoxter123
    Yoxter123 Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2018
    Options

sorry for delay in update on polyps histology ... All three were precancerous sessile serrated polyps bringing img my known colon polyp count to 5 and putting me in a new more frequent surveillance protocol for colon cancer ! I have been referred to geneticist as I obviously make cancer cells so effectively!

I am holding my breath for my skin cancer check in January ... Anyone know the record for the highest number of primaries?

Seriously though we do best if we can stay positive ..reduce stress .. Laugh everyday .. And love those that love us ... Positive vibes to all of you ladies ....

• LiMa66
    LiMa66 Member Posts: 33
    edited December 2018
    Options

Hi y'all. In preparation for my recent DIEP flap reconstruction I had a CT angiogram which showed a weird spot on the tail of my pancreas. Endoscopic ultrasound with biopsy confirmed it is a neuroendocrine tumor. I'm now scheduled for surgery on December 21st to remove that part of my pancreas, my poor innocent bystander spleen, and local lymph nodes. The surgical oncologist will also inspect my liver to make sure no spread. Hopefully all clear.

Best wishes, big prayers, and lots of positive vibes for us all. 🤞

• wised
    wised Member Posts: 184
    edited December 2018
    Options

Lima66, good luck! I'm sorry you seem to have another primary! It seems like it should be one and done, but it doesn't work that way for so many of us. I hope it's an easy surgery and recovery for you. Hugs.

Wow, there are a lot of us with 2 primaries.

• LiMa66
    LiMa66 Member Posts: 33
    edited December 2018
    Options

Thank you Wised. I see you also battled colon cancer. I'm awaiting results from a recent colonoscopy in which a polyp was removed. I sure hope it's nothing but who knows anymore. It will be what it will be.

All we can do is keep on keeping on. Wish you all a good week ahead.

• 2FUN
    edited December 2018
    Options

good luck lima 66. I'll pray for a sparkling clean liver!