Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone here with another primary cancer diagnosis??

Options

Comments

• LiMa66
    LiMa66 Member Posts: 33
    edited December 2018
    Options

Thank you very much 2Fun.

• maggie2
    maggie2 Member Posts: 240
    edited December 2018
    Options

LiMa66, I was intending to have DIEP reconstruction, but the CT showed a kidney tumor. I had a partial nephrectomy six weeks after BMX. How is your DIEP recovery progressing

• LiMa66
    edited December 2018
    Options

Maggie2~ recovery is going well. I'm 5 weeks out now and really happy with the results. Very little pain after the first post-op day. Will have a little tweaking done next year, lipo & fat grafting to fill in and plump up just a bit. But I already am much happier with these boobs than the tissue expanders.

I jokingly (well, sort of) told my plastic surgeon I'm going to write on my boobs "do not touch" before this pancreas surgery. LOL

• InnaB2018
    InnaB2018 Member Posts: 766
    edited December 2018
    Options

LiMa66, good luck to you! Thank God you had that CT scan

• LiMa66
    edited December 2018
    Options

InnaB2018~ thank you, and yes indeed!

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,310
    edited December 2018
    Options

I just came up w melanoma in situ at my regular skin check... Luckily there's a 100% cure w excision. This is my 2nd melanoma. Last one about 20 years ago.

• LiMa66
    edited December 2018
    Options

Santabarbarian- that really stinks. Prayers and positive vibes that the excision takes care of it for you.

• maggie2
    maggie2 Member Posts: 240
    edited December 2018
    Options

LiMa, it's good that you're having a relatively easy recovery from the DIEP.  It will make having another surgery a bit easier.  My partial nephrectomy was a robotic laprascopic.  Will yours be a full abdominal incision?

Santabarbarian, best wishes for this next incision that it goes well for you.

• LiMa66
    edited December 2018
    Options

Maggie2- this surgery wil be open so that means another sizeable incision, vertical and about 5 inches. If this keeps going I may end up being able to play tic-tac-toe on my belly. Seriously though, I'm not happy with another big incision but it is what it is.

• Jenn4cats
    Jenn4cats Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2019
    Options

Yes. I was diagnosed with IDC on 9/13/18. My oncologist sent me for testing to see if it had spread anywhere. My PET/CT came back with a suspicious spot on my liver that they thought would be metastatic breast cancer, but it turned out to be cholangiocarcinoma, a rare bile duct cancer. Got the tentative diagnosis for that on 9/28/18, confirmed with liver resection surgery on 2/14/19 after 11 doses of chemo (gemzar & cisplatin) for that cancer. Then had bilateral mastectomy on 4/24/19. Now doing chemo targeted for the breast cancer.

• wised
    wised Member Posts: 184
    edited July 2019
    Options

Jenn4cats, I'm so sorry you've been dealt so much in such a short period of time. Have you spoken to a genetic counselor? How are you holding up with the surgeries and different chemo treatments?

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,081
    edited July 2019
    Options

Jenn4cats, that is so very much to deal with! We're so sorry, but we're glad that both cancers were found. We can't imagine how difficult this has been, but we hope you're doing well (all things considered), and we wish you the best with your upcoming treatment!

The Mods

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,945
    edited July 2019
    Options

Jenn4cats, I'm sorry you keep having to go through this crap. Sending you a hug and healing thoughts.

I'd forgotten about this thread. Too much anesthesia last year and my brain is shot. My update is the final pathology on my kidney cancer was 7 cm, larger than I thought, so JUST barely Stage 1. But it was unclassified, which one of the rare types, and an automatic grade 4. Ick. And I've also got an aortic aneurysm, wheee! Guess they can duke it out on which one will get me first.

• 2FUN
    2FUN Member Posts: 789
    edited July 2019
    Options

Jen, I am so sorry you are having to deal with all of this. I found my second cancer right after my lumpectomy and before my mastectomy. They found all sorts of funny things when I went for scans before the Hysto. They had to remove my thyroid since the biopsy was unclear. So far they all are stable.My bladder has stayed looking good, and I have a colonoscopy tomorrow. My endocrinologist said that she would not be surprised if I had more cancers. She said she is positive that I have a genetic mutation that they have not yet identified.

Alice, sorry your kidney news was not better. My stepmother's family all have aneurysms, some of the sisters have had surgery, other are ignoring it. One had a problem at age 30, all the other 6 lived into their late 90's. I hope that is the case for you! What is the treatment for kidney CA? MY friend was just diagnosed and had surgery a few weeks ago. She has not returned my texts, so I figure it might not be good news.

Hang in there everyone. We can make it through this!!!! Sending lots of healing energy to both of you!

• alicebastable
    edited July 2019
    Options

2FUN, I'm just getting scanned at least twice a year for now - and trying to stay off the internet for the icky aggressive type mine was. Ugh.

• 2FUN
    edited July 2019
    Options

It may be worth to find out if anyone is doing any kind of research on your type. One of the best things you can do to boost your immune response is to exercise. You may want to join us on the exercise group thread. There are a lot of killer athletes over there, and then a lot of us "regular" people trying to help our bodies stay alive!LOL

BTW, my colonscopy went great, no polyps etc! YAY!!

• alicebastable
    edited July 2019
    Options

2FUN, I'm in a few groups for kidney cancer that follow research and treatment protocols. I will exercise more when I get my elderly, rotten, arthritic joints under control.

• 2FUN
    edited July 2019
    Options

Alice, I hear you about the joint issues!

I am a PT, so I need to keep working. I obviously have a bias toward exercise, but if I can't lift people, I cannot work. I am in a pedicatric setting, so its usually up to about 75pounds. I just do what I can do everyday, and I try to do more than I have done the day/week before.

• tigsun
    tigsun Member Posts: 162
    edited September 2019
    Options

I have had two different types of breast cancer in the past and now have a blood cancer - multiple myeloma.

• robinblessed54
    robinblessed54 Member Posts: 485
    edited September 2019
    Options

hello Tigsun, I have had 6 basil cell skin cancers taken off over the last 15-20 years. Then in 2014 I was diagnosed with ILC. I now have MGUS, which you might be familiar with. That is the precursor to multiple myeloma. I also have had 7 precancerous colon polyps removed. My opinion is that once your body knows how to make cancer cells, there is no telling where it might pop up! Multiple myeloma is a very serious disease and I pray you are getting the best treatment possible.

Robi

• tigsun
    tigsun Member Posts: 162
    edited September 2019
    Options
    • yes I am familiar with MGUS. I hope it doesn’t progress to multiple myeloma. So far things are going well with my treatment. I am told I am close to remission. I will take every day of feeling well.
  • AnnC2019
    AnnC2019 Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2019
    Options

Diagnosed with breast cancer this past June and melanoma a few days ago. Getting the melanoma removed next week. It was a small round (no irregular border) spot on my lower leg that resembled a hybrid freckle/blood blister. It was a bit raised which is why I went to the dermatologist. I noticed it about 2 weeks after my breast cancer diagnosis

• Why2015
    Why2015 Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi, Sorry to hear this. I am currently being tested for the same thing after having a breast cancer diagnosis for years ago. I’ve had horrible neuropathy in the other foot. I had neuropathy after chemo, but now this new neuropathy started about a year ago. And I have bad light chain results on the blood test. Thinking of you!

• Why2015
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi, do you have to take many pills for your current situation? I’m being tested for MM and very nervous. Hope you will be OK

• Why2015
    edited March 2020
    Options

Dx’d with triple positive breast CA, Four years later being tested for MM. Neuropathy developed on the other foot and it is so painful. It feels like nails going up my toes every morning when I wake up. It’s sometimes hard to walk. I had bad ratio on light chain blood test. I swear to God cancer sucks

• robinblessed54
    robinblessed54 Member Posts: 485
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hello Why2015, I was DX with BC 5 1/2 years ago. 2 1/2 years ago I got DX with MGUS. IgG Lambda. I too have neuropathy but in my hands. I am having a nerve conductivity test March 16th. I know it is caused by MGUS. And I also pray it doesn’t go into MM. let me know what your tests reveal. I get my blood work done every 6 months.

Robin

• nonomimi5
    nonomimi5 Member Posts: 184
    edited March 2020
    Options

Why2015 - I had neuropathy like symptoms after starting to take Tamoxifin. I had pain in my feet in the morning when I got out of bed. I also had stiff joints on my finger that I had to use the other hand to move my finger when it got stuck. Charlie horses at night. I switched to eating more fiber, antioxidants rich and anti inflammatory vegetables and foods. Cut down on carbohydrate and sugar. I am now symptom free. It can also be that I have gotten used to Tam, but I had stiff joints before I started taking it so I Believe the switch in diet has helped

• Sunbunny
    Sunbunny Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2020
    Options

I was diagnosed with colon cancer 1 1/2 weeks ago. After having breast cancer in 2007 and two years of treatment I have been considered NED ever since. I saw my oncologist at first every 3 then 6 then 12 months. Fast forward to today, I saw my oncologist in Nov. 2019 and requested a CT scan because I just didn't feel well. After the CT came back with a "lesion," an ultrasound of my abdomen was ordered. The radiologist advised me to see a GYN...just let me tell you that finding a GYN in southwest Florida is a nightmare. My GYN left her practice awhile ago. I had to wait 3 months for a visit. She sent me for intra-vaginal ultrasound. I was then sent to a GYN Oncologist. I had a complete hysterectomy but they could not type the cancer that was found.

I went back to my original Oncologist and he said there were some markers that tended for colon cancer and said I had to get a colonoscopy. Colon cancer was found and I am to see the doctor on Wednesday this week.

I got so much support from this group during my breast cancer journey. Although I searched for a similar situation on this site but could not find any. Does anyone know a similar site for colon cancer? I would appreciate any replies. Like always Wednesday seems like forever...I remember the wait times while going through breast cancer treatment. Thanks for "listening."

• katykaty
    katykaty Member Posts: 18
    edited April 2020
    Options

Hi sun bunny - so sorry to hear your colon cancer diagnosis. I was diagnosed in December 2018 - not even 12 months after finishing herceptin. I too looked for a site like this one but couldn't find anything either. I relied on the same lovely oncologist and nursing staff who got me through the breast cancer treatment and my new colorectal surgeon who was also amazing. I had 8 months of treatment which I must say I struggled with a bit. But had an all clear colonoscopy just before Xmas and nothing new on the BC front at this stage either. All I can say is hang in there - I will be thinking of yo

• lekker
    lekker Member Posts: 238
    edited April 2020
    Options

Sunbunny- I’m so sorry to hear about your colon cancer diagnosis. There is a forum called Colon Talk that might be helpful. It’s not nearly as well organized as BCO but it’s all I know. https://www.colonclub.com/colon-talk

The Colon Club home page has information and links to resources. Please keep us posted on how you’re doing.