Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Picture This!!

Options

Comments

• aussie-cat
    aussie-cat Member Posts: 5,496
    Options

Thanks, GmaFoley and Nancy.

Nancy, I'm sorry you've had a bout of sickness but I'm glad you're up to driving short distances. It's great that your neighbours are being so helpful. Take care.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

Good night sweet friends!

• aussie-cat
    Options

Good night, Gma Foley. I hope you sleep well. What a peaceful, lovely photo!

• gmafoley
    Options

Here is a little picture for you to "reflect" upon your day and breathe.

• aussie-cat
    Options

GmaFoley, That's lovely!

Here are two beach pictures from a week ago. It was a hot sunny day and we had a good time.

• aussie-cat
    Options

I'm thinking of you, Nancy. How are you doing?

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,749
    Options

GM and Cathy, beautiful pictures. I wish we had a beach with warm weather about now!!!!

We have been inundated with more snow this year than many years past. It has been frigid temps too but we are to get above freezing next week. I can't wait!!

I saw my surgeon on Wed. and hopefully for the last time. Things are going well and I am doing so much better. I am trying to get my life back to normal as much as I can. I started walking a short distance yesterday and that felt really good. I will be walking today again. It has been a rough last few months but I am coming out the other end so I am so grateful for that. I am so thankful for friends and neighbors who have helped me so much these past few weeks. I have rotating neighbors who are shoveling my driveway for me and that has been awesome.

Thanks for asking Cathy. I bet you enjoyed your beach time.

Have a good weekend.

Nancy

• aussie-cat
    Options

Thanks, Nancy. It's good to hear from you. I have heard that there's been a lot of snow in America lately. We have had a cooler than usual summer. I did enjoy the beach thank you and I'd love to go again before summer ends but I'm quite busy so we may not get to.

I'm glad you're doing so much better and you're up to a bit of walking. I know you have really had a rough few months and I sympathise! I'm glad you have had friends and neighbours who have helped you so much. Take care.

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

Who's ready for spring!

• aussie-cat
    Options

Lisa, what beautiful flowers! I wish it was spring here.

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Thanks Cathy. As we head into spring you are heading into fall.

Lisa, your pics are just what I needed to see. So beautiful. We are experiencing some really warm weather for March but there is no color yet so it is great to see real flowers. I just bought a mirrorless camera yesterday and hope to figure it out in the next few days so I can get out there and take some pictures. Is is a 45 megapixel camera so I am already trying to figure out how to store my files as I shoot in raw and jpeg at the same time. It is so much lighter than my DSLR and that was really the selling point for me having a full frame camera that is actually lighter than what I am used to. I can't wait to get it up and running. I have been watching a ton of videos on YouTube so I at least have a clue how to set up all the menus before starting.

I haven't take any pics for three months but that has to change. I am now fully vaccinated as of last Tues. so hope to find more opportunities to shoot where I have not during the last year.

• socallisa
    Options

Nancy, bet you can't wait to try your new camera. We await some pix.

• aussie-cat
    Options

Nancy, I hope you have a fun time trying out your new camera. How are you doing?

Lisa, lovely flowers!

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    Options

Love the irises!

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Yes Lisa and Cathy, I am anxious to try out my new camera. I am still buying the needed accessories and I forgot one very important thing when I was purchasing this camera at a local camera store. I forgot to get a camera bag. I have ordered on and it won't come for 2-4 wks. So I will have to figure out something because I won't wait that long. I still am watching YouTube videos to understand the camera and fix some kinks in this new camera that just came out in Dec.

When ever I get the camera up and running I will post some pics.

I am walking and gaining strength and have some real problems with insomnia but the more walking I can do the better it is for everything.

Beautiful iris Lisa.

• aussie-cat
    Options

Nancy, I pray that you keep gaining strength and you sleep much better.

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Thanks Cathy. I am getting my life back which is a great feeling. My sleep is hit or miss. I had a few good nights in a row and then last night not so good. I think it will gradually improve as I become more active. I am walking and doing well with that. Not up to my pre surgery distance be gradually increasing time and distance. I hope you are doing well.

• aussie-cat
    Options

Nancy, I'm glad you're walking. I've been going on walks too. I am really tired as I've had a lot on and not enough sleep. I was diagnosed with autism last year and I've spent a long time applying for support. I finally have a support worker to help me with things, so I'm happy about that.

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Hi Cathy. That is a lot to take in. I am glad you have a support worker and I hope you can get the support you need. Walking is always good so I am glad you can do that. I know how much it helps me. Take care.

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Here are a couple of pics from my new camera. It is a big learning curve and this was only the second time out. Pics nothing spectacular but I wanted to post something since is has been a long time. These were taken at our local arboretum.

• socallisa
    Options

Nice Nancy. Glad you are getting out and getting to know your new camera...

the roses around here are late this year, but I managed to take some shots of the few that were out at Balboa Park

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Thanks Lisa. Your rose pic is beautiful. I love the bi colors.

• aussie-cat
    Options

Nancy and Lisa, great photos!

Nancy I'm glad you managed to get out and take some photos. I hope you really enjoy your new camera.

• socallisa
    Options

Today is Vietnam Veterans' Day

• kathindc
    Options

In memory of those who served.

(Statues at the Vietnam Nam Memorial.)

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Thanks Cathy. I am itching to get out for another camera outing. I am doing some purging and organizing inside the last few days. Feels good to get rid of stuff.

Lisa and Kath, I had no idea this was Vietnam Veteran's Day. Thanks for sharing the photos. My brother in law is 100% disabled because of agent orange and his service in Vietnam.

• gmafoley
    Options

All wonderful photos ladies! I have been playing with the moon again in the mornings before work ;)

• aussie-cat
    Options

Great photos, everyone! Those statues are very life like.

• kathindc
    Options

GMA, I love that photo.

• socallisa
    Options

We lived near DC in 1946.Here are my Mom and I

with the cherry blossoms.