Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Picture This!!

Options
1158159160161162164»

Comments

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

everyone had a great time

• aussie-cat
    aussie-cat Member Posts: 5,496
    Options

Lisa, I'm glad!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

Lisa Grands are so fun! I can't wait for mine to come next month.

It is bird week here. These two were sharing their sunflower seeds and other foods.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,738
    Options

Those birds are beauties. What kind are they?

• aussie-cat
    Options

Yes, what Nancy said!

• socallisa
    Options

I think they are acorn woodpeckers..

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Went to visit the swans and I had a surprise waiting for me.

• socallisa
    Options

He has his eye on you!!!

• bandwoman1234
    Options

I'm not sure he appreciated my eyes on him but he put up with me! Thanks for the ID on the woodpecker. We don't see those in this part of the country.

• aussie-cat
    Options

Great photo, Nancy! I'm glad you got to visit the swans.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

You are correct Lisa, sorry have some issues here and haven't been on... Those woodpeckers love the sunflower seed - they birds rotate on the feeder, very seldom see two different species at one time. Here is one of those moments when a grosbeak a house finch are sharing - but of course I can't see their eyes. sigh....

• aussie-cat
    Options

Gma Foley, I like your photos!

• aussie-cat
    Options

Nancy, happy birthday for the 3rd! I hope you're able to have some fun and do some celebrating. Thinking of you.

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Thank you Cathy. I had a great birthday yesterday. I went to the Butterfly House and took some butterfly pics and had some good food and indulged. Not a good thing when watching the waistline!!! How are you doing?

• aussie-cat
    Options

Nancy, I'm so glad you got to celebrate your birthday!

I'm feeling stressed, thanks for asking.

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Cathy, walking helps me as a stress reliever. Are you able to do that? I know you are in winter now so may not be as easy to do.

• aussie-cat
    Options

Nancy, I try to go for walks a few days a week when the weather allows. I did go for a walk today and I agree that it helps.

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Cathy, I make my walking a priority not only for my physical health but for my mental health. When things crowd it out that make it hard to walk I can really feel the difference.

• aussie-cat
    Options

Nancy, I know what you mean.

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Cathy, I just finished walking laps in my house because it is hot and humid outside. I just discovered I could do this. It is not too exciting but it gets the job done. I can multitask and do laundry at the same time and feel like I am moving forward. Hope you are able to walk outside. Before you know it you will be in springtime. I wish we could say that!!!!

• aussie-cat
    Options

Nancy, good on you for walking laps in your house and multitasking. I am looking forward to spring. I hope your weather is more moderate soon.

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Our weather for it seems like most of August has been so oppressive that I haven't been out much with my camera. Even though I am not a birder I found out this lake I frequent often had a rare bird sighting for our area. I am not impulsive at all but I dropped all my too do list for the day and decided to head out with my camera to see if I could find this bird. I ran into several birders looking for it as well. I don't think it was there but I did get a picture of this yellow legs shorebird (thanks to a birder next to me telling what it was) for the first time. If he hadn't been there I would have thought maybe this was the rare bird that was sited this weekend.. Same type of bird I think.

Not a great picture and heavily cropped but it was fun getting outside with a little cooler weather.

Hope you all are doing well and keeping safe.

Nancy

• aussie-cat
    Options

Hi Nancy, I'm glad you got to go out and it's a great bird photo! Well done! How have you been doing?