Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Picture This!!

Options

Comments

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    Options

Sorry, Lisa, meant to say the Flamingo shots are really something special..book worthy!

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    Options

This evening's fishing trip

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

wish I could ride along!

• ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753
    Options

• lyzzysmom
    lyzzysmom Member Posts: 285
    Options

Only missed a day or so and so many great shots. Lisa, the lilies are so beautiful and I love the smiling? camel .

Bird, love the snoozing tiger too, so peaceful with those big teeth !!

Nancy the disney castle looks so magical. I would love to go to a race. We went for a tour of Daytona a year or 2 back but it would be great to go to a real race. I watch a lot on TV and so want Danica to get a real good finish...

We played 9 holes of golf today and they were preparing for a wedding at the course. Of course I committed a cardinal sin of photography, having a flat battery but managed a pic as we were waiting to play.

• socallisa
    Options

wow what a lucky couple

• socallisa
    Options

this was the first time I had seen this flower

• ncollett
    Options

I love the Lilly flowers and would also love to see Danica win! 

The first picture I took at Dale Hollow Lake in TN. THe last picture was my daughter and I at the Miranda Lambert concert tonight. It did me a World of good to spend time with just my daughter and listen to one of my favorite Country Music Artist.

• socallisa
    Options

Nancy,  what kind of butterfly was that?  It is a beauty

• socallisa
    Options

• Ariom
    Options

This is a Pelican that lives around the Marina most of the year. It gets fed by the fishermen and keeps itself beautifully clean!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options

Wow!! I've never seen a beak quite that colour...almost looks pearlized.

• socallisa
    Options

that bird is really beautful. our white pelicans just have the back under the wings..

and the beaks are just plain..

• socallisa
    Options

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    Options

Oh my, how beautiful.

• lyzzysmom
    Options

Gorgeous pelicans!! Nancy I am glad and your daughter enjoyed Miranda.  I always find that song, I think its called - The house That Built Me really moving.

I dug out some photos, 1 of a monarch butterfly at the garden center last year - they don't come to my yard!! The other was in Florida. There were a whole group of cormorants chilling out.

• ncollett
    Options

SolCalLisa I am not sure what kind of butterfly it is. It was on my hydrangia last summer. We love Miranda Lambert I really like most of her songs but I really like the House That Built Me as well. Here are a few more pictures I took last year

We love to boat at our favorite place Dale Hollow Lake in Celina TN. 

This was a picture I took flying home from Orlando

My favorite things to look at are Palms. I am not sure which one this is but I love it!

• Ariom
    Options

That Palm is a Cycad, I love Palms too and have a few of those in my front garden, I have planted out the garden here, with a lot of tropical plants which have done really well even though I was told they wouldn't work here.

I have never seen a Pelican with that yellow beak, isn't it amazing how they are a little different in different places.

Lovely boat! We have been renovating an old yacht for a few years, she is in the water now, just have to finish the interior this Spring.

Gorgeous Butterfly! We have Cormorants that chill out, down on a little jetty near us.

• Ariom
    Options

I just found this pic, I had always wanted a picture taken inside the engine of a 747, this was UA842 to LAX, I worked for United in Australia for 11 years.

• Ariom
    Options

This is the beginning of the tropical planting, into a very traditional garden which has many Camelias and fruit trees, bulbs and lots of different Lavenders. The bare tree to the left is a huge Fig, when it has its leaves, or fruit, it fits in beautifully with the varied Palms, Giant Strelitzias, several clumping Bamboo, Cordylines, Yuccas, Bananas and Elephant Ears.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options

Great pics, ladies!!!  ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Ariom - that picture of you standing in the engine reminded me of the news accounts of accidents that birds cause when they're sucked into jet engines. 

Lucky for you, no one went inside and started the engines up!!!

Shocked

• Ariom
    Options

Hahah, Blessings! That crossed my mind too.....the pilot was standing to the side, I made him stand there, while we took the shot, just in case!!!!!

• ncollett
    Options

I took this selfie of my shirt lol

• socallisa
    Options

lyz. love the butterfly.

How great to stand in the engine. Wow

I always loved this picture my dad took of my mother and me after he returned from WW11. 

• lyzzysmom
    Options

Yes that is a great shot inside the engine but it is a little scary!

Ah Sigh, I haven't been boating in years. I used to have a couple of friends who liked to sail so would go occasionally despite getting seasick!! I do like to go down to Florida for vacation, love the palms and tropical plants. I took these in Orlando at sunrise, sunset and somewhere in between!

This is the nearest I get to boating. Its a fishing boat leaving harbor in Hyannis MA.

• lyzzysmom
    Options

Oh Lisa, I just saw the photo your Dad took of you and your Mom. Its absolutely perfect. She is so beautiful and you can see the love in the way you are looking at each other ,and  the flowers and those clothes. People used to wear such pretty hats then. I remember my Mom always loved her hats.

• Ariom
    Options

Lisa, what a beautiful shot of you and your Mother!

Lyzziesmom, gorgeous sunrise//set!

• ncollett
    Options

I love Florida and I also love Costal towns. 

Love all the pictures 

I love to go around my house and take pictures of things and then try to enhance the photo on instagram. 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options

Lisa was that hand coloured? How very precious! What a great visual memory to have....

• Ariom
    Options

This is our old girl, Mystique, right after her paint job and her new signage. I spent weeks going up and down the ladder, on this hard stand, to sand, stain and finish all the interior woodwork and paint the interior cabin.