Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Everything No One Tells You About Cancer and Your Sex Life

Options
12345679»

Comments

• trvler
    trvler Member Posts: 931
    Options

Kali: Thank you for saying that. You made my day! Good luck.

• norma6261
    norma6261 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I just had my first procedure done 3 days ago, fingers crossed

• norma6261
    norma6261 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Mona Lisa touch. I just had my first procedure done 3 days ago, fingers crossed. Mona Lisa touch, Please help me!!!!

• flbuckeye93
    flbuckeye93 Member Posts: 27
    Options

Just had my second Mona Lisa yesterday. The first one did make a difference so I’m encouraged.

My gyno also mentioned Intrarosa medication. I may add this in if Mona Lisa doesn’t fully work.

• Suz-Q
    Suz-Q Member Posts: 110
    Options

I just had my yearly exem with a new gyno. She said that I'm not a candidate for intrarosa because I'm on an aromitase inhibitor.

• macb04
    macb04 Member Posts: 756
    Options

Hey Suz-Q,

They are actually doing a study on using Intrarosa while women are on AIs.

Effect of Intravaginal Prasterone on Symptoms of VVA in Women Under Treatment With an Aromatase Inhibitor for Breast Cancer

The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.
    ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03740945
    Recruitment Status : Not yet recruitingFirst Posted : November 14, 2018

Last Update Posted : November 14, 2018

See Contacts and Locations

Sponsor:

EndoCeutics Inc.

Collaborator:

AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

Information provided by (Responsible Party):

EndoCeutics Inc.

Study Description

Go to sections

Brief Summary:

The purpose of this study is to confirm the efficacy of intravaginal prasterone (DHEA) on moderate to severe (MS) and most bothersome symptoms (MBS) of vulvovaginal atrophy (VVA) due to natural, surgical or treatment-induced menopause, in women with breast cancer who are under treatment with an aromatase inhibitor.

Condition or disease Intervention/treatment Phase
    Vaginal Atrophy in Breast Cancer PatientsDrug: PlaceboDrug: Prasterone (DHEA)Phase 3

Study Design

Go to sections

Study Type :Interventional (Clinical Trial)
    Estimated Enrollment :500 participants
    Allocation:Randomized
    Intervention Model:Parallel Assignment
    Masking:Quadruple (Participant, Care Provider, Investigator, Outcomes Assessor)
    Primary Purpose:Treatment
    Official Title:Effect of Intravaginal Prasterone (DHEA) on Moderate to Severe Symptoms of Vulvovaginal Atrophy Due to Menopause, in Women Under Treatment With an Aromatase Inhibitor for Breast Cancer - (Placebo-Controlled, Double Blind and Randomized Phase III Study)
    Estimated Study Start Date :December 2018
    Estimated Primary Completion Date :March 2021
    Estimated Study Completion Date :June 2021

Resource links provided by the National Library of Medicine

• productsgram
    productsgram Member Posts: 1
    Options

The Food and Drug Administration approved MonaLisa Touch as a medicaltreatment in 2004. ... A big concern for anyone considering this procedure is that most insurance companies do not cover the MonaLisa Touch procedure and patients must pay an average $2,400 out of pocket to receive treatment

• DonnaLousie
    DonnaLousie Member Posts: 1
    Options

Thank you. This is an easy read with simple tips

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    Options

Hi,

After a questionable Pap test, I had a colposcopy done, with more questionable results, so my gyn sent me to an oncological gyn. I saw her yesterday, and she suggested using Estrace cream twice a week, as long as my onc is ok with that. Also suggested was vaginal dilators to keep things open enough to be able to monitor the cervix. Has anyone used them? Are some better/easier to use than others?

Thanks

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,508
    Options

My onc is okay with me using estrace - but gyn recommended a new Rx - IMvexxy - use it daily for 2 weeks, then twice week - it is a little capsule - it works great. It is a higher copay as it is not generic but its worth the price to me - my gyn gave me the link for a reduced cost but it was not better price than if I order 3 month supply from my insurance company

• trinigirl50
    trinigirl50 Member Posts: 158
    Options

I used dilators that I purchased online. I also use Vit E capsules vaginally. I use E45 cream for the outer lips of vagina to keep it moist. It has made huge improvement.

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    Options

Thanks, karen and trini, for your responses!

• Socat
    Socat Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi all! One question...does the sex drive EVER come back???? My husband and I got married in 2012, I was diagnosed with DCIS in Sept 2017, had a lumpectomy on Oct 2017, another in Nov 2017 (to get margins), radiation Feb-March 2018, on Tamoxifen 3 years now and libido is below zero! Once I'm off of tamxifen in 2023, does the libido ever go back up? No other real side effects fom tamoxifen, just fatigue and a hot flash here and there, bones hurt a little more than they used to, but the loss of libido is what's been bugging me, and my husband. I am truly blessed to have such an amazing husband, I just hate falling asleep every night on the couch by 8pm, we get up at 5 for work, oh and did I mention my mother in law lives with us too, so no meeting him at the door wearing nothing but an apron after work lol! Just hoping to get back to being awake and enjoying it once the tamoxifen is gone!

Thanks!

• stacy91965
    stacy91965 Member Posts: 18
    Options

Socat i am going to follow this with you because i feel the same. married in 2010 to an amazing man (and lover) i have been taking arimidex but today talked to my oncologist about body aches and sex drive. It was a wonderful conversation, changing med to aromasin ~ i feel like there is hope but i really want to hear what others say.

• Suz-Q
    Suz-Q Member Posts: 110
    Options

Stacy, I had to switch to aromasin and did very well on it. For libido , my gyro prescribed testosterone cream. For dryness, estrogen cream, very low dose