Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    edited December 2015

Hi Hummingbird and all on this thread.

Just got my scan results and I'm leaving GDC 0810 and going on Xeloda tomorrow. My liver mets increased. Unfortunately, my dr is away so I'm seeing the nurse practitioner tomorrow for more info.

I'm hoping something finally works!
    Babs

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    edited December 2015

Hummingbird, Babs ~ I'm so sorry that you each had news of some progression, but let's hope and pray that Xeloda will be a wonder drug for you both! And also hoping it will be easy for you both. (((Hugs))) and prayers, Deanna

• babs6287
    edited December 2015

Thanks Deanna-what a crazy ride we're on!

Babs

• Hummingbird4
    Hummingbird4 Member Posts: 220
    edited December 2015

Deanna, thank you very much.

babs, I agree - a crazy ride! Isn't it something that we will both start Xeloda tomorrow morning? Keeping my fingers crossed!

• moissy
    moissy Member Posts: 371
    edited December 2015

Hummingbird and Babs - I'm so sorry that you have both had to change treatment. Both of you are always so encouraging and supportive, and I know I speak for everyone that we wish you improvement and great success with Xeloda. I'm glad that you are starting at the same time so you can compare notes. Sending hugs and warm wishes. Thanks for the encouragement you continue to provide on this thread.

• mdillard04
    mdillard04 Member Posts: 83
    edited December 2015

Babs and Hummingbird... Wishing you gals well on Xeloda and sorry Ibrance didn't work for you both! Stop by and say hello from time to time.

Monika

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited December 2015

Hummingbird and Babs, Thinking of you both on the new treatment and, yes I hope you do check in, but I think I will check in on you too! Thinking good thoughts for you!

• ABeautifulSunset
    ABeautifulSunset Member Posts: 600
    edited December 2015

Babs and Humminbird, the ladies on the Xeloda thread are great. Myra just went over there, as well I believe. My guess is you have already perused through it to get SE info. The good news is it seems to work really well for most. I'm seeing my ONC tomorrow. I feel like I'll be stable, but Xeloda is also my next step when needed. Good luck to both of you and better health in the new year for all of us

Stefanie

• Hummingbird4
    edited December 2015

Moissy, Monika, artist, Stefanie - thank you all so much for your good thoughts and kind words. I came home before and felt upset and scared and I already feel better and stronger from the support here and on the Xeloda thread. All you ladies are so caring and have helped me tremendously.

• babs6287
    edited December 2015

I ditto what Hummingbird said above. All of you have made a really shitty day so much better with your support and caring! Others not going through this just don't understand but you all do!

Thank you always!

Babs

• 513mgv
    513mgv Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2015

Hi Ladies,

Hope all had a lovely Christmas. My WBC's down to 2.4 and my neutrophils down to 1.2, my oncologists wanted me to continue as I have been. I went to visit my elderly parents on the 26th and when I got here my father had bad bronchitis so I've stayed mostly with my sister who has a vacation place nearby. I've have had a good restful time even though I didn't spend much time with the parents. Dad is 86 with severe alhizhimer so you never know if you'll see them again. Happy New Year to all with great treatment results for all of us. Sorry to hear Babs and Hummingbird are moving on but good luck to them also. Marilyn

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited December 2015

Hummingbird and Babs, hoping Xeloda is good to you and bad to cancer!

• PattyPeppermint
    PattyPeppermint Member Posts: 8,950
    edited December 2015

the Ibrance \ Falsodex combo is working for me for now. Started in Aug. Had pet this week showed dramatic decrease. The ex given was for L5 vertebrae. The SUV in Aug was 6.6 now SUV is 3.2 woohoo. Praying for continued decrease.

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited December 2015

That's such great news Patty! You deserve a huge break! Happy dance!

• dlb823
    edited December 2015

Thrilled for you PattyPeppermint!!!!!!!!! And as you said on another thread, these results are in spite of all the vomiting and hospital trips you've been dealing with, so it sounds like you may not have even had the benefit of full doses each month! Deanna

• Mama2twinsplus2
    Mama2twinsplus2 Member Posts: 98
    edited December 2015

Babs and hummingbird, nothing but love and hugs to you both! I hope the next step is the one that last forever!

Yeah to Patty, its about time for some good news as others have said!

Thinking of all of you and sending hugs!

• babs6287
    edited December 2015

Patty-so happy for you!!!!! Do the happy dance!!!!

Babs

• sandilee
    sandilee Member Posts: 436
    edited December 2015

Patty, wow! Those are great results! I had three and a half years with Faslodex alone and I think if it works for you, it works for quite a while. Great to hear you're doing better!

• moissy
    edited December 2015

Patty - So glad to hear your outstanding news!!! Wishing for more great scans in 2016!

• jobur
    jobur Member Posts: 494
    edited December 2015

Babs and Hummingbird, Just wanted to join the others in wishing you great success on Xeloda. We all dread the move to chemo, but I hope the reality is not as bad as our fears. I'm glad you will have each other to compare notes with, along with all the other ladies on the Xeloda thread. Hope it will be the ticket to big time regression for both of you!

PattyP, So happy you got such good news from your scan! I have been wondering if they learned anything after looking at your digestive track. Hoping they get it figured out so you can stay out of the hospital.

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited December 2015

Yay, Patti! Love your happy news!

Babs and Hummingbird, I hope Xeloda does the job for you both. It was my first chemo, and it was very effective. The Xeloda thread is so helpful as to what side effects to look out for. Wishing you the best!

Rose.

• Hummingbird4
    edited December 2015

Shetland, Mama, Jobur, Rose - thank you so much for your good wishes. I will come here to check up on you ladies! I'll be thinking of all of you and hoping to hear only good news in the new year!

Patti, that's fantastic news!

• kaydeesmiles
    kaydeesmiles Member Posts: 201
    edited December 2015

Hummingbird and Babs - so sorry about the progression. That blows. May I ask how many rounds you each did? I'm wishing you the very best on Xeloda and please give a big hug to Myra over in that thread. It's possible I could see you there soon myself.

Patty time to celebrate! Doing a dance for you - happy holidays.

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    edited December 2015

Babs and Hummingbird, good luck on your next treatment! Please keep us posted on how you are doing!

• babs6287
    edited December 2015

I did abt 8 mos on Ibrance/femara and just 85days on GDC 0810. Hoping Xeloda gives me a long run!!!!

Babs

• ABeautifulSunset
    edited December 2015

I was just wondering who on this thread has been stable or NED on Ibrance the longest.

• dlb823
    edited December 2015

Stefanie ~ Not sure about this thread, but my UCLA onc shared that she has one patient who has been stable on it for 6 years and holding! Deanna

• ABeautifulSunset
    edited December 2015

Deanna, Wow, Ididn't even know Ibrance has been around for six years.

• dlb823
    edited December 2015

Stef, I didn't either, but since Dr. Slamon @ UCLA was involved in developing it (or so the video from Stand Up To Cancer indicates), I can only assume she got on it in its very earliest trials. But I am seeing her (my UCLA onc) on the 11th, so maybe I'll ask her, just to be sure I understood her correctly. Anyway, I just started my 5th cycle and my TMs have fallen close to 100 pts. -- from 307 after 1 month on it (my CA27-29 actually went up the first month, but less than it had been going up in the months before I started it) to 211 this month.

Editing to add... I wanted to be sure I wasn't way off base with that 6 year stat, so I just did a quick Google search and found references to research from 2009 here: http://tatcongress.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/...

• moissy
    edited December 2015

Not sure if there's anyone else longer, Stef, but possibly Pearlady may be a contender for longest running on Ibrance thread? I remember that she was among the early posters on the thread when it was started about 10 months ago.

I wish we could all submit our questions to the Ibrance gurus - Dr. Slamon & Dr. Finn :) I'd love to know if they have looked yet at any comparisons of higher/lower dosages vs. more time off following a cycle. That seems to be a recurring question here with no hard data available. How did they decide that 75 mg was the lowest dose to offer? Just wondering about details from the earlier trials. I'd love to read the data from them. But I'm just obsessive that way - LOL. Happy New Year all!