Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• WANDERING
    WANDERING Member Posts: 197
    edited November 2018

You go girl!!. Makes me tear up with joy for you. Wish I could be there to join you in your celebration. Love to all.

• LaurenH
    LaurenH Member Posts: 382
    edited November 2018

Love from Philly - I just want to pile on with my excitement and joy for your scans!!! I love this news so much. Yay for you and yay for an Indianfood celebration!!!

• Daniel86
    Daniel86 Member Posts: 207
    edited November 2018

Thanks to everyone who replied to my concern.

LoveFromPhilly, I am happy for you! :)

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited November 2018

Hi, friends, I just got back from a PET/CT. I had it scheduled for early December and decided to move it forward on the spur of the moment. I guess they had a cancellation because I got it within three days! I'm so glad to have it done without much time to think about it. I'd love to have your prayers as I decide whether to take the rest of the year off Ibrance. I'll get my results when I see the oncologist on Monday. I didn't throw up during this entire past cycle but, wouldn't you know, last night and today (at the hospital!) I made up for it. I'll bet you could hear me around the block! But that's over and done and I've had my two tacos from Taco Bell....health food, you know...and I'm staying away from young children!

Love from PatGMc

• holmes13
    holmes13 Member Posts: 192
    edited November 2018

Congratulations love from philly!

patgmc- it would be great if that happened all the time. no time to worry.

• Utopria
    Utopria Member Posts: 182
    edited November 2018

Congrats LoveFromPhilly!! Great news! Ibrance dance 😀 is now a thing!

• Penny-78
    Penny-78 Member Posts: 271
    edited November 2018

Lovefromphilly SOOOO Happy for you!!!

• JoynerL
    JoynerL Member Posts: 1,392
    edited November 2018

LovefromPhilly....YIPPEE!!!!!

• JoynerL
    edited November 2018

Oh, Pat....praying, praying for the best possible news on Monday!!!

• airlinegal
    airlinegal Member Posts: 252
    edited November 2018

Lovefromphilly..Great news...PatG will be thinking about you and your decision
  • LoveFromPhilly
    LoveFromPhilly Member Posts: 1,019
    edited November 2018

thank you everyone!! 💕💕💕💕❤️

Pat sending you tons of good vibes for those scan results and anti-nausea wishes!!!! 🦄🦄

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited November 2018

PatG, I will definitely keep you in my prayers as you make your decision. If your scans give you good news, then I wouldn't hesitate to take a month or two off the Ibrance or maybe more. I've been off Ibrance since August of 2017 and the letrozole is still keeping me stable. My MO says if it starts to grow again, I can go back on Ibrance or one of the other new drugs out there. Not trying to influence your decision but giving you my thoughts. It's a scary feeling to go off the Ibrance, trust me, I know. You will be in my prayers while you decide and I will also be praying for clear scans.

LovefromPhilly, great news! We all love to hear these good stories.

Sending prayers and love to all,

Faith (in the future).

• Seaway
    Seaway Member Posts: 158
    edited November 2018

OMG OMG I just got back from my oncologist and I am still in shock. A week ago I posted how my CT scan showed multiple (aka 30ish) new nodules in the pleura of my lungs and that Ibrance didn't seem to be working for me. I have been a wreck about it. I saw 2 oncologists today and they didn't feel that the CT scan was presented well and questioned why my former tumours weren't described. They asked my tribe (DD and BFF and me) to wait while they went upstairs to see the scan itself for themselves and talk to the radiologist. Apparently my original tumours are so small they can hardly be seen and they believe the nodules are lymph nodes from my cold. I am to stay on treatment and in 8 weeks they will do another scan. So I've gone from feeling defeated to happy. Wow. He said that the genetic testing showed I have a mutation in P53 which he believes he will have a plan for in the near future so there is also a backup plan. I'm curious as to why that's an unusual mutation to him but right now I'm just happy.

Thinking of you all and reminding you all that weird things happen ...... sometimes for the better.

Cathy

• PatgMc
    edited November 2018

Cathy, that's just absolutely terrific!! I hope you're going to do all sorts of fun things to celebrate.

Message to all of you....Be sure doctors are looking at reports with your name on them. One of my friends went in for scan results and was essentially told that she needed to go on hospice because her cancer had spread rapidly and there were no good options left. She went home and called her children to make plans for the end of her life. That night the scan results came up on her portal from the hospital. The report was completely different and showed the cancer had actually dramatically improved. She called the nurse to check it out and sure enough, the doctor had picked up the wrong report. She has changed doctors.

Love from PatGMc

• JoynerL
    edited November 2018

Oh, Cathy....such fabulous news! We're all dancing and doing hand-springs with you!

• airlinegal
    airlinegal Member Posts: 252
    edited November 2018
    Great news Cathy.....dance....dance
  • nonahope
    nonahope Member Posts: 695
    edited November 2018

PatG...Sending prayers that your scan shows good results and your decision is an easy one. I can't imagine throwing up all the time. Fortunately, I've never had any issues with Ibrance/Letrozole. Just started my 7th month with this 2nd go-around.

Cathy...Wonderful news!

I will 2nd PatG regarding mix-up with reports. When I first started my job in the radiology field, we had a woman who came in for a lumbar spine x-ray. Of course, the radiologists always compared previous films if the patient had been there before. Well, I pulled out films from the file room with the same name of the person...plus, this person had a lumbar spine x-ray previously. The radiologist knew there was no way the person in the office could have degenerative changes so severe. Lo and behold, we had two patients with the same first and last name. These things can (and do) happen, especially with a common last name...as was the case with my error. I thought my job was on the line, but I guess the numerous apologies from me to both the doc and the patient saved me. Fortunately, she was very understanding and so was he.

Hope

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,530
    edited November 2018

Happy for your good news love from philly and Cathy.

Pat I hope you get great news Monday. Will you take the dots once a month?

Tanya

• snooky1954
    snooky1954 Member Posts: 850
    edited November 2018

Hope,

That mistake is terrible but apparently happens a lot.  In last couple of years no doc. nurse or even one who draws blood touches me without name, and Birthdate.   Guess that probably isn't foolproof either, but it is reassuring. Heart

• Seaway
    Seaway Member Posts: 158
    edited November 2018

Pat; You are so right! Way back during my early breast cancer journey my oncologist (now retired) came in and told me that scans had shown progression in my lungs, bones etc. As he was talking he suddenly stopped and went out of the room. When he came back he was so apologetic as apparently he had been reading someone elses scan. This was back in 2005 and I suspect it was a windows thing on his computer. That was a horrible experience .... for both of us. It took him longer to recover than me.

Pat I will be praying for great scan results so you can make your decision with a clear mind. It must be a very tough decision.

Thank you all for your thoughts on my recent scan debacle. Wow I'm still in shock.

Cathy

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited November 2018

Great reading all the posts.  Congrats to all with good scans!!!   Not much to share just now. Next MO appt next Friday. Will discuss bone scan ( you can read my posts in the Bone Mets Thread ).  Hope all have a great weekend!!!!

• nonahope
    nonahope Member Posts: 695
    edited November 2018

Snooky...Yes...now they never touch anyone without asking name and birthdate. With my error, the person had the same first and last name....I will never forget it.

Hope

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited November 2018

Has anyone heard of ibrance causing an aortic murmer? It seems like this just appeared in one month. Dr t didn't hear it in September but she did in October. Dr McKinney did not hear it in August but did October 30. My test its Tuesday, the mystery will be revealed. I know there was one lady who cancer involved with her heard valve. Anyone remember her name?

• skyfly
    skyfly Member Posts: 66
    edited November 2018

lovefromphilly and Cathy, that is wonderful news! I'm very happy for you and it's nice to hear some positive stories these days.

Pat, definitely keeping you in my thoughts and I hope your scan results in some great news.

I had a question for everyone: how long did it take before your scans showed stability/decrease in disease or you could feel some change in the primary mass (if de novo, which I know is rare)? I know the documented time is 4-6 months but I'm curious about personal, anecdotal experiences. My mom has just started cycle 3 and her primary tumor feels noticeably smaller and softer, but I'm not sure if it's in our heads. Her MO wants to move her next scans to January. I'm relieved in a way because the scans make me nervous but I'm also eager for some potentially positive news.

• Jaylea
    Jaylea Member Posts: 440
    edited November 2018

Pat, my antennae must have been tuned right to your channel. I was just thinking about you and praying that you get wisdom and clarity as you make your decisions. As for Taco Bell, I remember an old ad campaign for it. The wife was worried her husband wasn't eating well on the road. He comforted her by telling her he ate at Taco Bell. Hey, with the lettuce and tomatoes, it is health food!

Cathy, so sorry you had to go through that cluster, but so very happy for your great news!

• PatgMc
    edited November 2018

skyfly, you don't have to wait for positive news...You have it! That tumor feeling softer and smaller is news! That means cancer cells have been dying. My mets were mostly in the bones so I did have to wait for the scan...at 3 months they were remarkably diminished and moving toward being healed tissue!

It's time for you and your mom to celebrate. We'll be dancing the Ibrance Dance with her (and you)!!

Jaylea, absolutely! A Taco Supreme is chock full of veggies! Almost vegetarian...except for that meat.

Thanks, everybody for the good wishes. I'm sort of holding my breath thinking the scan report might show up on my email chart from the hospital. You guys will be among the first to know!

Love from PatGMc (2 years on Ibrance/Arimidex/XGeva)

• Chemokaze
    Chemokaze Member Posts: 177
    edited November 2018

Hello everyone,

I’m just wondering if anyone started on Verzenio, but later changed to Ibrance? I’m having trouble with GI side effects. I saw a GI MD last week and getting scoped in a few weeks. Med/Onc MD does not want to reduce the dose at this time unless really really needed. We will see how my entire GI tract looks and go from there. Thanks in advance for your input

• jensgotthis
    jensgotthis Member Posts: 673
    edited November 2018

I’m on cycle 26 or so and now seem to be developing mouth sores on the roof of my mouth. They are close to my last molars on the top, so I guess I don’t really know if it’s Ibramce, a tooth thing, an Xgeva thing or if I’m just getting them because of more acidic food in recent weeks.

Anyone else have these

• JoynerL
    edited November 2018

Skyfly, as I recall, I was stable at my first scan after starting Ibrance/Faslodex, and improvement was evident at my second (at around 6 months or so). I fully agree with the others: your mom is already seeing improvement! And quickly!

• ciaci
    ciaci Member Posts: 315
    edited November 2018

Skyfly, I was diagnosed de novo with one bone met on my spine and started Ibrance in Aug of 2017. I had my primary tumor removed before even seeing my first oncologist, so had nothing to "feel", but had my first post-diagnosis PET scan six months into the Ibrance, which showed minimal active uptake, and the tumor at my spine was gone. Oh, and the lesions in my vertebrae were completely healed. Next PET, in June, showed nothing there.

Sounds like the Ibrance is doing its job for your mom - smaller and softer is definitely something to celebrate!!