Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 600
    edited December 2021

Lauri, lolol, seriously! I'm going to make my own commercial, and it's going to include scenes of me farting in various locations (with hilarious reactions from those nearby who've heard my call), wincing in pain when I kneel down in the yard (oh, how I long for the days when I didn't think about my joints), laying on various scan tables and humming "Never Gonna Give You Up", picking up a tube of KY jelly at Target, looking at it, and then laughing so hard I fall on the floor. Maybe Pfizer can buy it and air it during the late, late night shows.

• B-A-P
    B-A-P Member Posts: 409
    edited December 2021

Cakes- just had a chuckle at your version of an ibrance commercial. Hahahaha. How true it is. Lo

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528
    edited December 2021

we don’t need commercials to sell Ibrance right? If you get diagnosed you aren’t shopping around you’re being prescribed it.

SFcakes you can include the beautiful hair with the farts and vaginal dryness, throw in a few mouth sores and body aches. For those who have the faslodex injections we can feature nurse Ratchet with the 3 inch long needle 💉.

Tany

• B-A-P
    edited December 2021

cross posted from liver Mets group :)

So my Bloods were good yesterday at 1.5 ANC :):) I did ask for a week off only so I could enjoy Christmas and not run into low counts and a possible infection again. She was happy to agree and It worked out better anyways as our next visit would have been a day before my Pet Scan vs waiting a week to start and it being booked for after the Pet. I'll still do my fulvestrant this Friday however and more blood work next week.

She is as we know, looking for stable or better to stay on I/F and when I asked about chemo in the future she did say I was clinically better than I was in September so it's worth a conversation. Though she reminded me it would still be risky. So I am happy that talks are willing to be had. She said that of course the hope is that the I/F is working and we can stay on that as long as possible. When I asked about the ascites she did say I'd likely have some form of ascites always but hopefully it will improve. She didn't seem too confident but I know my liver is very much scarred. I just hope for some improvement for better comfort and for the sake of my clothes fitting properly. I have to either wear larger and baggier , or maternity shirts, and pants that will sit under my belly. I worked so hard to get into the best shape of my life for the last threee years and ascites has ruined that so fast. I am aware it could be worse so I'll be happy with my progress as it stands and continue to hope for more improvement and time :)

• katyblu
    katyblu Member Posts: 223
    edited December 2021

B-A-P - That sounds like really promising news! I'm so excited for you that now your MO will discuss treatment options with you. Congrats on the good numbers and I hope they stay up for your extra week off!

• ciaci
    ciaci Member Posts: 315
    edited December 2021

Regarding the commercials, the reason for them is the same as any other product. The pharmaceutical companies want you to choose theirs over their competitors. Listen carefully to a commercial for, for example, Verzenio. Does the tag line say, "The only one that guarantees you'll get diarrhea"? Of course not. It's promoted as the only one you can take every day, so your cancer won't be the only one being "relentless". How many oncologists do you think have to listen to their patients say, "But you have to take a whole week off to recover from Ibrance, while I can keep fighting with Verzenio EVERY DAY!" (I know patients do this, because an acquaintance of mine said this exact thing to her doctor).

I don't think pharmaceutical advertisements should ever have been approved in the first place. You know what they say, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited December 2021

Christmas is upon us, almost, and things were beginning to look a lot like constipation thanks to Ibrance so I tried something outside the box rather than the standby prune juice etc since the usuals just weren't cuttin' it - because if I'm not honking around the house regularly I know I'm stuck and need to get to work getting unstuck. My out of the box thought was probiotics. I got those Activia dailies little yogurt shot things with "Billions of active cultures' - well they must of been jackhammering away in there because boy oh boy do those things work because i felt like I was passing everything I've ever eaten or thought about eating in my entire life. As Ace would say....

Beloved's father isn't doing well. This time truly, not a ploy by his wicked stepmother to try to get rid of more household items like a glorified yard sale like last time - still pisses me off she did that- knowing full well what I have plus how much beloved losing his father is going to hard on him on top of being scared of losing me. I had the added bonus during that previous encounter of being told by the evil stepmother that if I just scrubbed my veggies hard enough then maybe I wouldn't of gotten cancer....
    Beloved's father has lewy body dementia, they say Robin Williams had this. Anywho, beloved said he couldn't hold much of a conversation with him at all as of last week. Every other word he had to help him. Beloved's father has asked to go into assisted living facility, same place his own mother (beloved's grandmother) had gone when her cancer was untreatable. Just hoping things don't come crashing down for awhile - I feel the entire process with the stepmother will be a mess all around when Beloved's father passes.

Regarding the commercials. They sure do like to run them a lot. Same with the Cancer Center's of America ad's and Memorial Sloan ads. It feels weird to be treated like a commodity. Like people are fighting for my dollar when I've got cancer for gosh sake. I agree with Ciaci, i don't think pharmaceutical advertisements should exist.

Rosie - Sounds like a good plan and you'll be in good company/hands with RK who moved to the same stuff! Never worry about offending anyone - if I can be juvenile with the fart jokes/bathroom humor here you most certainly can say "Damn it!". :)

Katyblu - I missed you in the last go around and then I realized it and was like "Damn it!" - Anywho I didn't forget this time. Your free of your "supporters" and back to Sweet Freedom of having the place to yourself now. Woo ho! I concur with Cakes and RK - generally Ibrance will treat you the same however each cycle sometimes is a little different. Nausea some cycles for me, abundance of gas others, virtually no gas, mouth sores, no mouth sores, its kinda like a mini 'gift' each cycle. Hoping nausea disappears next cycle for you! I'm in the desert too and the sign reads "No moisture lives here".

Aprilgirl - Dancing the night away in heels - I like that! Sounds like MO visit went well too! Are the fulvestrant shots kinda high up on the cheek? When I had to do Lupron they did them there - had male nurse once, he had the shot in his hand and said sheepishly "Well um..." and I said "Well bend over?" - He laughed and said basically yeah. The things we gotta do...Our middle names should be "needle" because we see so many of them.

Cakes - I giggled so hard at your realistic commercial. Ah, if only pharma had our sense of humor about things we wouldn't view them as clueless a-holes alot of the time. I'm thankful for the drugs, just not their savior complex nor their inability to SEE the patient - the human behind the diagnosis.

BAP- I think your news might just make christmas that much brighter for me. I've been secretly cheering for you and couple others dealin' with hard stuff/decisions etc- for ya'll to just get a dang break - and to see that break might be headed your way, hot dang! I'm really glad too MO has not shut the door to options or conversations about options and that makes me happy too - tells me she's listening to you and your goals/needs. I'm gonna borrow April's heels and breakdance at your news and hope the good news just keeps on comin' and much more time is to be had :)

So, I've done something alittle silly - I wrote this to my original chemo sisters a couple years ago for christmas, but this year I decided it needed to be upgraded this holiday. Thankful for all of you and hope ya'll enjoy time with your families and thank you for putting up with my antics too :) . Might be away til the new year soaking everything in. You know what I mean. Plan to enjoy hot cider, egg nog, crackling fires, smores, and more time with my beloved :) Without further adieu.... :)

Have yourself a merry little hotflash
    let your sheets be dry
    from now on all turtlenecks will be out of sight
    Have yourself a merry little hotflash
    lack of ovaries makes you pay
    from now on your troubles are in the nether regional way
    Here you are feelin' olden days
    you feel old these days galore
    Faithful friends live in fear of us
    flee away from us once more
    But Have yourself a merry little hotflash now
    From now on your estrogens depleted
    Let your emotions rage
    Throw all scales away those bastards lie
    And have yourself
    a Merry Little Hot Flash now

• rk2020
    rk2020 Member Posts: 697
    edited December 2021

Cakes - LOVE your reality based commercial version. Ciaci - I’m with you. STOP the non-sense and stop spending money on these ridiculous commercials. They should never have been approved but now that they are, pharmaceutical companies need to just stop on their own

Rabbit - Oh Rabbit, my heart goes out to Beloved. It is so, so difficult to watch our parents decline. And the wicked step mom…well…who needs that extra stress? Hugs. Thanks for the Christmas carol. Lol.🎄

I’m anxiously awaiting the arrival of my son tomorrow. We may live 1400 miles apart now but I just love the long stretches of quality time we get to spend together when he flies down. I don’t plan on wasting a minute of it. I had a bad evening yesterday (booster side effects and terrible hip/femur pain) and couldn’t help but wonder what kind of condition I will be in when I see him in June. A lot can change for us in 6 months. But enough of the sad thoughts…those worries can sit on a shelf for awhile while I enjoy the present with my son and hubby. Today I’m better so it’s time to carry on and LIVE!

If I don’t get a chance to check in for awhile, I wish you all a peaceful and heartwarming holiday. In 2022, I wish you strength for every battle, clarity of mind for every decision and love to see you through. You have my unending support. It’s my way of reciprocating, of paying you all back for all the understanding and support you have provided me in 2021. I’m forever in your debt. Hugs and Merry Christmas. Regina

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited December 2021

Love it Rabbit!!No high neck anywhere. The commercials for ANY med are offensive. I don’t have a tv, really glad I don’t. Just me and the critters. Son in laws oldest kid is coming in for Christmas. I am a step gma, only met him twice. He’s about 25. So that will be fun. But son in law mom may have to have heart surgery real soon, hope it can wait a few days. Will be a LOT of drama.
    I will go to DDs on the 24, then Publix is doing my entire 25 dinner. Except for dessert. DD wants pavlova.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited December 2021

Rabbit, I got some of those Activia shot things yesterday. I had one yesterday evening. Nothing so far, although my morning coffee often does the trick. How many do you have each day? How long did it take to kick in? I don't take any other probiotics. I got a laugh out of your post.

I'm sorry to hear about your FIL.

Carol

• B-A-P
    edited December 2021

Rabbit / so sorry to hear about FIL. That’s never easy to deal with especially around the holidays. Glad the Activia helps ! I eat bran buds every morning and I find that helps things In that department stay relatively normal.

Thanks for the happy dance :) It was definitely positive and she asked if I felt better knowing there would be a plan, and Of course I said yes :) Had my shots yesterday and boy is my bum sore. Had to ask hubby to help carry the laundry for me up and down the stairs bc the weight of it is just too much for my sore muscles. But it could be worse so I’m happy. Just gotta get through this week. I’m excited for Christmas and for the little extra break from the ibrance. I ended up with some random nausea spells the other day and It was my off week so that was weird. I also ended up needing to drain three days in a row which caused some anxiousness. But yeah so far so good.

Will be trying to work from home come January and see how that goes. I’m putting so much faith in my I/F keeping me stable at the very least , that I’m not waiting on that to start back. My unemployment benefits ran out this week so I have to build up hours again incase things eventually go south again ( the long term disability options are hard to get in Canada. You’d have to prove you can’t do anything at all. And I can sit and click.). My boss has been nothing short of wonderful so they said to work whatever capacity I can.

So that’s the plan for now. Hopefully the good and positive news keeps going and that we all have the best Christmas we can :)

• katyblu
    katyblu Member Posts: 223
    edited December 2021

Rabbit - Thanks for mentioning me! I’m doing much better at home now that everyone is gone. I think I’m good for about a 4 day visit and then they can go home. I love them and love time with them, but perhaps a shorter visit.

Thanks for your take on the side effects. I’m hoping that the nausea dissipates and is less next cycle. My palliative care prescribed me dronabinol (haha!) for if my nausea gets so bad again that I can’t eat. I haven’t had to take it yet. I find it funny that some of its side effects include nausea and vomiting.

I am so sorry about your FIL! And to have an evil step-mom too, that just is awful. I hope your beloved finds peace.

Cakes - That spot on commercial is hilarious!

B-A-P - I hope retuning to work does not cause too much stress!

I hope you ladies had a wonderful weekend! May your Monday be the start of a great week

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 544
    edited December 2021

patgMc thinking of you, how are you? Please post how you are doing with new treatment when you can.

• sf-cakes
    edited December 2021

Oh friends, rough day today, emotionally. My brother stopped by yesterday for an outdoor, masked visit, and it was really nice to see him and catch up with him (he lives out of state). He was totally great about being masked even though we were out in my backyard. Then today my friend texts me lovely photos of her family all visiting for the holidays, they're all vaccinated so no one is wearing masks, they're all quite healthy and seemingly unconcerned about the stupid new variant. My friend is delighted to have them over for a long visit, as they don't live locally. And I just want to cry, because of this stupid cancer and my defective body and yes I'm grateful for my meds but dammit, I'd like to have normal white blood cells and neutrophils etc. so I don't have to worry so much about stupid covid.

In the Before Times, I would've gone over and visited with all of them, laughing and eating and taking and doing stuff. I feel so sad about it today, which took me very much by surprise. Cancer plus covid equals poopypants sucky times.

Also had a lousy experience at the mortuary, getting my affairs in order, which I posted about in the death and dying thread. Argh!

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited December 2021

Snow-drop, thank you for the PatMcG check in, Pat - let us know how things are going when you have time!

B-A-P - sounds like you are doing well, sore bum from fulvestrant aside;)

RK2020 - yay for your son visiting, have a wonderful time!

RRabbit - so sorry to hear about your FIL. I LOVE your Christmas Carol...will be singing that tune for a while!

SF-Cakes, I feel you and hear you. Covid and Cancer are just a terrible combo and it's hard for us not to feel defeated and deflated. I can't BELIEVE the experience you had at the mortuary ! Outrageous and frustrating to have an end of life planner so insensitive and obtuse. On a positive note, I am so happy your brother stopped by. The news about omicron is alarming and scary. I hope you can find some outdoor, safe way to do some socializing if you are up to it.

My husband, son and I are meeting up with our daughter to visit my MIL for Christmas - haven't seen DD for too long (I saw her in October but my son and husband haven't seen her since August). I am really looking forward to being together, just the 4 of us and MIL. Our kids haven't seen their grandma for too long as well (damn Covid!). We are all vaccinated and boosted and will be taking extra precautions, too. Time is precious. I know you all get it.

Sending all of you my very best wishes for a fulfilling and beautiful holiday season these next two weeks! Self care on top of the list, ok? XOXO

• B-A-P
    edited December 2021

Thanks AprilGirl :)

So far so good ! My husband and son are sick again which is annoying. He’s waiting for ancoivd test. Usually it’s booked quick but it’s not until tmr now :/ Nothing I can do except wait for it to pass like last time. I avoided it then so I’m hoping to avoid it again.

• GoKale4320
    GoKale4320 Member Posts: 580
    edited December 2021

SF-Cakes - is there anyway you can visit your friends outdoors? You could wear your mask even if they don't wear theirs? I hate that you missed an opportunity to visit good friends that don't live nearby. If it's cold, I bet they would bundle up so they can visit with you.

AprilGirl - so glad you are getting together with your MIL and the kids. I had tried to get my husband to take our daughter to visit his parents and other relatives over Thanksgiving, but my daughter didn't want to go. She's in college and just wanted a relaxing break from school. So I am hoping they can go in January before she goes back. I would go, but I visited in August so I feel like I have checked the box. It has been probably 4 and a half years since she has seen her grandparents so for her sake, I would like her to visit them.

B-A-P - so nice that your employer is letting you work from home!

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited December 2021

Thanks for checking in on me, friends.

I had the first half of the Y90 and it kicked my behind., as has my first month of Talzenna. Who knows which did what but I went in for fluids today and feel somewhat better. I'll have the second side of the liver done in January and will make a decision about whether to drop the dose of Talzenna in March.

I'm sending up prayers for all of you, that you feel well and find happiness in the parts of the holidays where you're able. Sometimes it's good to just sit and look at pictures from better times. My daughter reminded me today that I put together 50 years of wonderful Christmases for her and she treasures them all. She pulled out all the ornaments we made when she was little and they all warm my heart.

So here's a hug for each of you and a thank you for all the cheer you've brought this year.

Love to you from PatGMc

• tanya_djamila
    edited December 2021

PatGmc thanks for checking in. It was sound good seeing your name. I live that you made 50 beautiful holidays for your daughter/family. Some memories to truly cherish.

Waving hello to all.

Tany

• sf-cakes
    edited December 2021

Yes, it's great to hear from you PatgMc, I'm sorry the Y90 kicked your butt, and I hope it is also kicking the cancer's butt. I agree with Tanya about how wonderful 50 years of holidays that you created for family! I'm sending you lots of support and love and peace.

Rabbit, I am so sad to hear about your father in law and of course how it's affecting your beloved. And your stepmother, good grief, sounds like the character straight out of the Cinderella story! I did sing your version of Merry Christmas aka Hot Flash out loud, and I intend to do so the rest of this week.

RK, have a wonderful visit with your son! I'll be joining you for our sleigh ride soon.

Aprilgirl, thank you for your kind words, I was feeling kind of funky the other day and I really appreciate it. Have a great time with your family for the holidays, too!

BAP, Gokale, KBL, Candy, Rosie, Spookiesmom, Sunshine, Katyblu, Snowdrop, Ciaci, Lauri, I'm sure I've missed someone but know I am reading along and thinking of all of you, thank you for sharing this space together. You all help me so much ❤️

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,903
    edited December 2021

SF-Cakes, thank you for the shout out. Hugs! Heart

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited December 2021

Christmas was kinda bittersweet for me but I was grateful to see another one. My beloved added some humor to christmas this year by using his musical talents to make a funky sounding snyth track using 2 common combinations of beeps the infusion machine makes - the sound it makes when there is an air bubble and the sound it makes when the bag is empty. He knows how much I hate that room and that stinking chair - so he tried to make it lighthearted for me and maybe hear a different sound in my head at my next Zometa.

This Christmas I couldn't help but think of all of you at various points wishing you could all see something I saw, hear something I heard or just generally if I wished you were all there to talk things out at the bittersweet moments when my mind drifts to "what if" scenarios. It was both a struggle and a joy.

Beloved got to enjoy a pretty normal conversation with his dad the other day so there are good days and bad days to be had, yesterday was a good day and so I was happy for beloved he got more quality time as the decline more rapidly becomes apparent. My stepmother in law - beloved's stepmom has always been a piece of work and apparently I'm not the only one to have experienced her completely tactless commentary - but she's kinda on par with my mother in that regard so I do have some practice in the game.

RK- Hoping you had a GREAT visit with your son! I know those worries well, they are like an elf on a shelf and can pop up anywhere, I try to put them back where they belong - on the shelf and taken down only when necessary and then promptly put back away. Just like I bought those 2 pairs of shoes not too long ago- one to wear now and one to wear in the summer - lets dare to reach toward another milestone, another goal! :) These months have been flying it seems - Summer will be here before we know it!

Spookie- hope christmas was good with you and the critters and sans too much drama from visitors. Catering Christmas doesn't seem like a bad idea - goals for next year!

Sunshine - I think it was on day 2, since they are daily shots it would of been shortly after my 2nd little bottle that I felt the underwear on the shoulder tap that whispered "Run!". Knick knack paddy whack point me to the throne as it were. Coffee usually does it for me but I took the probiotic plunge. Thought it might be good for the gut too with all the meds its processed over the years.

Bap - how goes it?? That really awesome about your boss being so accommodating/understanding with work etc that really helps. Hoping that little extra time off/break between cycles is just what your body needs to keep ringing up cycles :) Hope you enjoyed a wonderful christmas with your family and your adorable little boy :)

Katyblu - hoping the nausea still continues to be better! I noticed the other day my eyelashes fell out again and are growing back. They always do - probably half dozenth time its happened. Maybe its safe to say that Ibrance is like a box of chocolates - you never know what your gonna get from cycle to cycle :)

Cakes- I've kinda been practicing the same guidelines they gave me in chemo class since day 1 of everything starting. Wash my hands good alot. If you see someone cough, go the other direction, keep surfaces at home clean and try not to be in big crowds for long periods of time. I was going through hard AC chemo during a pretty rampant flu season and just followed those guidelines - I think generally for any type of virus their good. I've lived pretty normally since the beginning of all this mess but i don't really go out alot and only for a few hours at a time. I say do whats comfortable and safe, but outdoors should be okay - space heaters, extension cord to accommodate electric blankets? I know Ibrance has been known to dive your counts - damn covid to hell, I'm just so sick of it all. It feels already like we're treated like lepers when people find out our Stage IV diagnosis, covid just seems to add that extra added gut punch of another reason people don't/can't come around.

April- I too hope you have a wonderful visit with your family! Time is precious indeed. Speaking of time - time is flying toward 2023 tour de france (I think I got the event right, eek?!) Almost into 2022 - just a few days away so we're inching closer. Can't wait to celebrate that milestone with you :)

KBL, Kale, Ciaci, Simone, Candy, Anntop, Pat, Cure-ious, Sondra, Tina, Sunshine, Snowdrop etc - Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and while I'm at it, Happy New Year!!

Edited to add Sunshine, and Snowdrop - doh - I know I forgot more - :( <--thats a sad face for chemo brain

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited December 2021

Publix will be doing all my holiday meals in the future. It was all very good. My pavlova was a bust, so no dessert. I think I can manage a pie or 2. I bought myself a roku tv, step grandson set it up. I am amazed at what’s available on it. I think it will help after cataract surgery next month. Other than that, was a nice day.

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited December 2021

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it, and happy holidays to all! We are all making the best of it, am I right? Visiting my MIL and have been able to take some beautiful hikes! Here we are "hanging out ". image

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 544
    edited December 2021

Happy holidays to all.

I am glad you are enjoying your time spookie, April (nice picture) and Rabbit ( I know the feeling when you have to deal with “a piece of work” ...)

I exposed with a family who hid their symptoms, despite my pcr test was negative, doctors decided antibody treatment on top of 3 doses of vaccine! Oh I feel like I am a balloon filled with meds....

It’s been quiet holiday so far! I haven’t started to write down my resolutions yet!! The only thing I know I don’t want C. I should focus on something else! How is your resolution list going? ;))

Stay safe.Hugs all

• sf-cakes
    edited December 2021

I do love that photo Aprilgirl, even if I keep thinking, "don't fall!" 😄

Went to get my monthly bloodwork at the lab this morning, had an appointment for 7:15, and wasn't called back until 7:50... there was a woman ahead of me who'd had a transplant and her doc apparently didn't order a necessary lab, and no one could figure out how to add it to her bloodwork. This woman is obviously seriously at risk for covid, and I kept getting more and more anxious for her, like, get her blood drawn and out of here already! Finally they realized there are half a dozen other patients waiting, and started helping the rest of us. The phlebotomist asked me if I was alright, told her no, I'm not feeling well this morning from my cancer meds (exhausted) and she said, "oh, well I hope you get better soon" and I said, dryly, "it's stage 4, I'll never get better". Which I regretted as here we both are, early in the morning after Christmas, and I don't need to be snippy with her. I apologized, told her I really did appreciate her being there. She had to re-do the stick and expressed concern that it might hurt me, and I said nope, that's fine, and she said "you're tough as nails, aren't you?" Tough as nails. Hmmm. I don't feel that way, but certainly don't mind if someone needs to redo a needle stick anymore, that seems like mighty small potatoes these days. I want to be kind to others and grateful for all the good things in my life, and sometimes I can't seem to help feeling grouchy.

Fortunately came home, went back to bed, and slept for several hours. Let me start this day over again! Labs are all adequate to start next cycle of Ibrance, so that's good.

• kbl
    edited December 2021

Rabbit, thank you for the shout out. We celebrated Christmas today with my daughter, her husband, and my grandson, a nice quiet dinner. They had other obligations yesterday. I loved it, of course. I love spending time with them.

I went grocery shopping this morning. Why, oh, why is it when I get in the store, the body decides it has to go? Every single time. I say to myself, no, please wait until I get home, and my body says, nope. I hate using public bathrooms. Ugh. I know I’m not alone here.

Aprilgirl1, that is such an awesome picture. I hope you had a great time.

SF-Cakes, I’m sorry you had a rough morning. I don’t blame you for stating the facts to the phlebotomist. No one gets it unless they are going through it like we are. I’m glad you got more rest

• tanya_djamila
    edited December 2021

Aprilgirl thanks for the stunning photo. Wow just wow 😮 and don’t fall.

SF cakes an extra stick I don’t care about sometimes and sometimes it has me in tears. I like your positive approach and will try to remember it Tuesday during my bloodwork.

KBL missed a couple of zoom meetings but will see you in January I think that’s when the next one comes. Also the ladies from the study sent me an email with a start date in January.

Spookiesmom thanks for letting me know about Publix doing meals. It seems like that would be easy to pick up too.

Rabbit nice you had some good memories and beats from the infusion room music 🎼. You always lighten the mood around here with your humor. It’s truly appreciated.

Waving hello to all.

Tany

• B-A-P
    edited December 2021

Hi Rabbit- managed to have a wonderful Christmas at home with family. None of us slept a wink the night before and were all so tired Christmas but my son was super excited and happy which is all that mattered :) I gotta agree , it was bittersweet. We were watching Our annual viewing of Christmas Vacation and had a moment of sadness thinking “Is this my last time ever watching it ?” But I got out of it cause no one really knows when it’s your last. It’s just with cancer and my recent history , that makes us acutely aware of these things. But anyway , it was a lovely day. All I wanted was to be home for it and I was. Mission accomplished :) That’s sweet of your husband to do. They’re always trying to make the treatment days easier. Atleast mine does :)

Aprilgirl- what a sweet picture. It looks nice and Sunny :)

Oh Snowdrop/ that’s the worst. You’d think ppl would just be honest especially to those who are compromised. Pure selfishness there.

Cakes- sorry for the rough morning. I get those comments too and sometimes I state the facts and others I just nod and smile. Not worth my breath sometimes - I just end up more mad. I’m always getting more pokes than usual even though I tell them where my good vein is. They won’t go to it first ever which is annoying

• kbl
    edited December 2021

Snow-drop, I’m sorry I missed commenting to you. I hate that you were exposed. Nobody should be selfish enough to hide that they’re sick. What the heck are they thinking? I don’t have any resolutions that I’m thinking of this year at this point. Maybe a good one would be to not overthink everything. I don’t think I’d be able to do it, though. It’s just in my nature.

Tanya, we’ve missed you. Yes, see you in January. I’m so glad you are going to be doing the study. This is the one with Horowitz, right? I really enjoyed the ones I did. This one is just a little different, I think, but they are a great group