Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited December 2021

Aprilgirl - I'm loving that pic- not only seeing all you smiling together but whoever took that photo gave you one heck of a keepsake because its really well done - magazine worthy. April your family is famous now - we're all waving hi! :)

Cakes - Someone pointed out that to me once this hormone therapy stuff we're on can really bring on the emotional rollercoaster - sad, mad, scared, and annoyed - all balled into one and all being simultaneously felt at the same time. And then there is that whole we've got Stage IV thing going on too - you know - that 'minor' detail. You've had a heck of a time lately too - funeral home/stressful blood draw. Shamefully I'm a grouch at my MO visits now most of the time- trying to feel all grateful I have access to all this stuff etc - but I absolutely hate the pokes and prods - the mundane "Oh this is just routine whatchamacallit" feeling about each visit. I try hard to not be a pain and leave the nurses/docs to those sisters/bros I know that are there who are doing worse than me. Its just hard feeling like I'm being run through an conveyor belt in and on the way back out - "Next!" I wish there was a better system in place so you can feel safer. Where I am they make you wait in your car and then they call you in when their ready so your not hanging around etc -(this is for dr visits/blood draws/zometa/scans) maybe you could ask if they could make this accommodation for you/other cancer patients? Hugs sis - I'll try and brew up a toot story to cheer you up :) Good labs and a good nap are a start. A good snort laugh would be better :)

Snowdrop - Hope your doing alright and nothing was passed along! Is the anti body treatment the monoclonial (spelling) one? Hope it helps keep you safe! Hmmmmm, Resolutions - no clue yet so I guess so far my resolution is to make one!

KBL - I'm glad you had a good time with family :) Sounds great! I'm with you, bathroom planning can be tricky and yes I hate public bathrooms and that feeling you gotta hold things in until the person in there leaves so you can undercover blow. The worst is if they have a key for the bathroom wherever you are and your basically a pretzel trying to keep things in in the meantime.

Tanya - congrats on getting in the Horowitz study. I haven't heard from them yet. They were very nice to speak with when I threw my hat in to be chosen. Let us know how the study goes etc. :) Thank you :) I try - I need to smile or I'll cry, so I figure you all probably feel the same - I'm glad I give you a smile - sometimes I think I get a bit carried away :)

Bap - Goals! Christmas at home, you did it! :) Mission Accomplished indeed, I'm so happy for you! Making memories, watching traditional movies etc - did the same - had to take a nap in between each movie but hey, worked for me because there was a time in all this I got an hr of sleep a night for almost a yr - rough - bring on the naps I say! You wanted Christmas with your family at home so bad and I'm so happy you got it. #shesgotgoalsyall #goalsmasher #touchdown

Jack5ie - i haven't forgotten about you - hope your doing okay and check in again soon! :)

Took delivery of Ibrance for next round a few days ago - of course it came UPS - the one that likes to deliver everywhere but to me...I think Ace had some insider knowledge with this montage

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited December 2021

Tanya,

I must have missed something in my reading. What is the Horowitz study?

Thanks.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited December 2021

I'm trying the UPS home delivery of Ibrance again rather than picking it up at the CVS pharmacy. The last time I had UPS deliver it, they left at at the top of the stairs, but not on the porch. It was sitting in the sun, no doorbell or anything. It is supposed to require a signature. We shall see. I do get camera notifications and I plan to be home all Wednesday.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528
    edited December 2021

Bev Jen it's a study for anyone taking ibrance Kisqali or verzenioI think.

you can email or call they may still be looking for participants.

Tany

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,904
    edited December 2021

Rabbit, it took a while for me to hear anything from Horowitz, but I did email them, and they wrote me right back. Please email them and ask about it. They are a great group.

I'm at the point in life if I have to go in a public place, I don't give a rat's patooty who's in there. I can't hold it. I'm not holding it in.

The new study they're doing is for people on Verzenio or kisqali. I don't believe Ibrance is included this time.

If anyone is interested, private message me, and I can give you the details. They just sent out another email looking for people for the survey.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited December 2021

Tany,

Thanks. That's why I put it out of my mind, I guess -- not on any of those drugs right now.

• B-A-P
    B-A-P Member Posts: 409
    edited December 2021

Rabbit, you’re adorable :) Thanks for being such a cheerleader. currently on cycle three and I can tell cause the gas is back. Today I had a bit of dizziness with a gross belly -not sure if it’s Ibrance related but I can’t see what else it could be.
    I wonder if we will stick to the 3/2 schedule. I’ll have to ask my MO. I don’t think that was the plan until I asked for the week off leading to Christmas to build up my ANC. I think I almost prefer it this way if there’s no real negativeness to effectiveness of the treatment. We aren’t even doing a midway check this cycle. I didn’t even ask where my latest anc was but perhaps that’s best so I don’t obsess too much. My Pet scan is mid January so we are hoping for stable or better. I’m pretty sure she’d go for a drug switch if it was worse. But to me, I think it’s too soon.

But yeah , hoping all goes well and I stay infection free with a good Pet scan at the end of the cycle :)

Our province is having an explosion of COVID. I am lucky enough to live on an island where we didn’t get crazy case amounts but but now it’s all travelling in *face palm*

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 544
    edited December 2021

Rabbit, your post and reflection on ups delivery is awesome:))) is there anyway for you to pick up ibrance? I had to choose delivery few times due to weakness etc and I understand how waiting looks like 😟 you are right it’s monoclonal antibody.

I am wondering once I was exposed I had to get antibody what’s the point of vaccine then

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited December 2021

Hi All - thank you all for the compliments on my cliff hanging photo:) I am just amazed that i could add the photo to my message here, let alone sit on edge of that cave/cliff. It looks more dangerous than the reality but I love that we did it. It is called the birthing cave in Sedona and is supposed to have some of the special "vortex energy". I did not know this prior to our hike and am not really up on the vortex energy info but at this point, I will take any and all positive energy forces available! A nice young couple offered to take our photo so we tossed over my phone and he got some good ones!

RRabbit, you are a fantastic support to us all! Hopefully, we can make you smile, too:) Beloved is such a sweetheart , love that he tries to make an infusion lighthearted and distracts you.

Sunshine99 - can't believe you've had issues with UPS, too. These drugs are $$$$ and should not be left to bake in the sun. I get mine through accredo and they usually fed ex or ups but I haven't had an issue since my husband works from home and they do ring our doorbell. Hope this next delivery works out!

SFCakes and everyone, I think the holidays (holidaze) can be so hard in normal times, emotionally. Add in MBC and a pandemic and UGH. It's awful.

I definitely "checked out" this past week on vacation, which was nice. We visited my MIL who was widowed in 2017. She is aging, needs some help but also stubborn and refuses to move close to us (her only family on this continent). Not my mother, so I can only do so much. My kids and I deep cleaned her home, my husband did a ton of projects: replaced the kitchen and bathroom faucets that were severely leaking, replaced smoke detectors that were not working, tidied up the yard and tuned up her car. In between we had some nice walks with her, a couple of bigger hikes with us and lots of board games. No TV which was also a blessing. We did fly and wore n95 masks when at the airport, in the air or anytime in public and so far, none of us have come down with Covid.

Snow-drop - I am sorry that you were exposed to Covid, so inconsiderate if the person knew they had been exposed. This pandemic just brings out shocking behavior in my opinion!

Spookiesmom - enjoy the Roku!

BAP - yay for family time! We understand the moments of sadness mixed in with the wonderful holiday traditions but I am so happy that you were hope for Christmas and made more memories!

KBL - I am with you on the dislike for public restrooms - have NEVER liked them but they are a necessary reality. Sounds like your Christmas celebration with grandson and family was wonderful:)

Tanya, thanks for the reminder about the study. I just sent an email (I hadn't sent one before).

I thought of all of you a lot on Christmas and send you all my best for 2022. I don't like being referred to as "warrior" or "so strong". We don't really have a choice, right? Truly, we are all tough as nails, despite this MBC we keep on keeping on.

• kbl
    edited December 2021

Aprilgirl1, I did have a wonderful time. Thank you.

• ciaci
    ciaci Member Posts: 315
    edited January 2022

I got my booster shot on Tuesday, and spent the entire day yesterday in bed, with chills and fever, body aches, and a head that felt like it was going to explode. My husband had made appointments for us on Christmas Eve, and I said absolutely not - I wasn't willing to risk Christmas!! So we got them Tuesday. He was fine, of course. He kept saying, "I don't know why you're having such a reaction, no one else we know did." Well, gee, maybe the fact that I'm Stage 4 with a lowered immune system? I feel fine today, luckily. But I've already decided - if there's a second booster (shot number 4), I am NOT getting it. Not willing to lose another day of my life!

Hope everyone is having a great holiday. Had all three of my kids with their "significant others" here on Sunday, and it was wonderful. We ate a lot, opened presents, sang karaoke, had a ball. It's freezing here in NJ, but luckily no snow yet. Heading back down to Florida on Tuesday, looking forward to the warmer weather!

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,854
    edited January 2022

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,026
    edited January 2022

Happy New Yeas Cure-ious and all my sister Ibrance dancers!

• kbl
    edited January 2022

Happy New Year, everyone.

• ciaci
    ciaci Member Posts: 315
    edited January 2022

• rk2020
    rk2020 Member Posts: 697
    edited January 2022

• simone60
    simone60 Member Posts: 952
    edited January 2022

Happy New Year everyone!

• B-A-P
    edited January 2022

can ibrance make you randomly nauseated and sick? On third second week of third cycle and was so nauseated this AM and then threw up twice . I can eat and drink now so I don’t feel like it’s a stomach bug but it’s either all the meds or something is getting worse and I rather not to be getting worse. :

• tinkerbell107
    tinkerbell107 Member Posts: 292
    edited January 2022

No photo description available.

• simone60
    simone60 Member Posts: 952
    edited January 2022

B-A-P, yes Ibrance can cause nausea. I still get nausea, but hAve never gotten sick. You might want to reach out to your Care team. Mine prescribed some anti-nausea meds which have helped me.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2022

Usually in the second week there is a day or two I feel nauseous. The thought of food is disgusting. I keep ensure in the fridge for those days. I did tell MO, he called in compazine.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,665
    edited January 2022

I typically get some nausea one or two days in my third week, though its not so bad I need drugs or I need to throw up.

• B-A-P
    edited January 2022

thanks guys. Yeah I rarely throw up. The last time was when I was really sick in the hospital so it made me nervous that it happened today. I do have metonia/maxaran but I tried taking it Too close to the time I threw up and i threw that up too. But I haven’t since and have been able to keep everything down. It just made me anxious cause it doesn’t typically happen with me. Not even with strong chemo.

• sunshine99
    edited January 2022

B-A-P, I'm so sorry. Nausea for me is the worst. I'll avoid pain meds if they might cause nausea. I guess I've been lucky so far with the Ibrance. I did have nausea with my first two infusions of Zometa. I do have Compazine if I need it. I hope you feel better soon!

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528
    edited January 2022

BAP sorry about the nausea. I was prescribed ondansetron for it. I did throw up a few times, but rarely in comparison to how long I've been on Ibrance. I only take the medication as needed. I hope it subsides and never comes back to you.

Happy New Year all.

Tanya

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited January 2022

Happy new year (2022!) to all! BAP - hope you feel better asap.

We had a lot of snow in the end of December, which is unusual for Seattle. It was pretty but as of last night, is all gone. Wishing you all the best for the new year! Let's continue to kick cancer's a$$.

• B-A-P
    edited January 2022

thanks guys :) It seemed to only be the two bouts (though the second was my fault. I shoulda waited a little bit after throwing up before trying to take meds or liquids). I’ve been fine since except for not being able to sleep well. It was likely meds. I have to take a bunch bc I had varacies bleeds and ascites . I usually take a small dose of morphine to go to bed with bc it helps me to lay in different positions when I have fluid. I took only half last night. It didn’t help the pain but no nausea this AM

• katyblu
    katyblu Member Posts: 223
    edited January 2022

Happy New Year everyone! I took some time away to spend the holidays with my family. I hope everyone had a great holiday period and is ready for this new year. I’m hoping for a much better year than 2021.

April - What a great pic! That’s so awesome! And I can’t believe that Seattle got a bunch of snow. I’m sorry it didn’t last that long.

Rabbit - Thanks for thinking of me. I hope your holiday went well even when dealing with the step-MIL. So glad your DH helps to make infusion days better 😊

KBL - Glad you got to spend some quality time with your family.

RK - I definitely plan to live life as loud as I can!

B-A-P - I have spent the last cycle with extreme bouts of nausea, sometimes so bad that I couldn’t eat. My palliative care doctor prescribed me some Marinol but I haven’t taken it yet. I mainly use dissolvable zofran which works pretty good. I’m hoping next cycle isn’t like this.

So on my vacation/family visit I had about four bad side effects days. The day after we flew in I had an extreme bout of constipation. It felt almost like an impacted bowel but I managed to work through it. That took 2 days to recover from. Then one day I got really bad motion sickness. And lots of nausea. I had good days too but it just sucks to feel shitty on vacation. And now I have to wait a week to start cycle 5 because of low white blood cell counts. I just want this year to be better

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited January 2022

Hey ladies :) Just doing a more general checkin today not a long detailed individualized one like i normally do - lets see how close I keep to that promise - 6 paragraphs instead of 12 lol - I feel like such a slacker doing that but i'm kinda feeling ho-hum today/lately - kinda of mixture of what fresh hell will this new year bring mixed with funkytown mixed with brief moments of BTS Butter song breakdancing - in my mind of course saying "I can do this!" "Let it roll!" - before reverting to back phase 1 - the quietness on this thread makes me feel like I'm in good company. I did stay awake to see the ball drop on new years. I said a prayer for all of us when it did before I tossed and turned to sleep. Please let good things come for all of us in this thread and throughout this section. We could really use some good things coming to all of us.

I just learned a few days ago one of my MBC blogger friends who followed me/and I her passed away around thanksgiving. Knew something was up as she hadn't posted for awhile/for christmas and then I found out through another blogger friend she was gone. Rough. Sad thing to share, its affecting my mood for sure. FIL is still hanging in - doctors say it could be quick or drawn out for awhile so beloved is keeping in touch and enjoying the good days/conversations with him. As far as Stepmother from hell - well, we're picking and choosing battles - know things will be harder as his father's mental status declines further and further. With all we have going on - taking one problem at a time sounds good. MIL is doing great and we will get to see her soon. Beloved's mom was diagnosed with Stage 0 breast cancer (LCIS/DCIS, Er+ PR+ Her2-) a yr before I was diagnosed Stage 2. She only did surgery (mastectomy) followed by prophylactic mastectomy to remaining breast summer 2019. She didn't do chemo, rads or hormone therapy as a personal choice. I'm so happy she's done so well so far - she knows it can come back - she watches me - she said watching me deal has helped her deal in what ifs etc- she keeps wishing we could trade places - I tell her to hush up and enjoy her golden years - shes earned them. She thinks of me as her kid too. She didn't do the treatments but is very interested in me doing all I can in the way of treatments, that's a mom for ya.

Cakes, I hope your doing well/better. You've had a rough time lately and I'm hoping that tide is turning even just a little bit. So this is a friendly check in :) Bap, I get alot of joy seeing people happy, reach their goals, get something they want - It is my opium :)

Snowdrop/Sunshine - about UPS. Normally I can pick my carrier with shipment and I usually pick Fedex - they are great no problem. Insurance makes me go through Specialty home delivery- won't let me pick it up. BUT, sometimes if things are busy my preference isn't honored and I end up with UPS guy on crack delivering my meds. I do recommend Fedex- 9 times out of 10 no issues and if there is an issue its resolved within the hour. Not so with UPS, they are worse even than Lasershit, I mean Lasership for non medical deliveries. Here's the full clip of the UPS guy skit, its so accurate its not even funny...

Katyblu - Beloved has vacation - 1 week starting next week and part of that will be visiting his mom - wondering how I'll hold up for the trip and how many naps I'll need while there. So sorry SE had to be the party pooper (har har) during your vacation time. Constipation on Ibrance can be no joke and I've found nausea to be a problem when things are sluggish in that department. Keeping things moving seems to keep nausea at bay. Coffee/Probiotics/Sugar free anything, bran cereal, prune juice, - I feel like I have an arsenal completely dedicated to going #2- sheesh - I want this year to be better for you too! :) B-52's rain down some Good Stuff on all of us alright?!

Aprilgirl - To answer your question I'll need to borrow a line from Haley Joel Osment - the answer is : Everyday. You all make me smile every day :)

Jackie, Simone, Kale, Cure-ious, Pat, Sunshine, Snowdrop, Anntop, Lemon, KBL, Spookie, Tina, Ciaci, Candy, Sondra, Tanya, Puppers, Dancemom, Parakeet, and anybody else I missed (sorry if I missed you!) Happy new year to you!!

Edited to add RK - I can't believe I forgot to add RK...sorry lady!! ..Grrrr - chemobrain - its a growing issue I swear! I hope you enjoy time with your son/family!!

My new years treat to myself was new bed pillows and bedding on clearance. Extra support for my infested skeleton is good medicine. I did a gentle backwards swan dive into my new pillow mountain and heaved a great comfortable sigh. If life has you down in the doldrums a bit- freshen something up in your space - maybe in doing so we'll learn like Wesley did - that perhaps we do have the strength afterall- to keep on dancing :) Love to all of you :)

Cary Elwes is underappreciated - he can do funny, serious and horror movies - kinda a looker too - imagine those twinkling eyes being your Dr's :)
  • sunshine99
    edited January 2022

Oh, rabbit, that was HILARIOUS. My husband came in to see why I was laughing.

He got a package once, marked "FRAGILE" and it looked something like that. I'll try to post a photo of it. (OK, I can't find it right now, but will add it later.)

I decided to go back to picking up my Ibrance at my local CVS. Spent the day waiting for UPS to show up and turned down a lunch invitation with my DH while our housekeeper was cleaning. UPS showed up around 4:00 PM. Oh, well...