Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited January 2022

KatyBlu - happy you were able to go on vacation but the constipation and nausea are a bummer and I'm sure didn't add a lot of fun to your vacation. I have had some serious constipation especially on the higher dose of Ibrance and took miralax for a few days every cycle. I have yet to be blessed with the gas/farting but I am sure it could appear.

RRabbit - so good to see your post but I am so sorry about the loss of your MBC friend. A loss like this really hits us hard. Yep- count me in with the mixed tape mood of funkytown blues and moments of fun tunes. The start of a new year and you and I just celebrated our 3rd Christmas and NYE with MBC- made for some deep thinking. Ugh. However, my upbeat theme song that I can't get out of my head is "Old Town Road" from 2019, Lil Nas X and Billy Rae Cyrus - pretty catchy tune! "Take my horse to the old town road, I'm gonna ride 'til I can't no more" . Not sure if this is in my head about riding out the cancer or riding out the real estate market, or both? Saddle up!

This was the snow we had last week at my house! The PNW coastal communities don't typically see much snow and this storm brought icy roads too. However, It was nice for me as it creates some "stay at home" days vs working. Lots of dog walks and hot chocolate;) We stayed home for NYE. This is my week off of Ibrance and I imagine my WBC is on the low side. I really don't want to get Covid (none of us do, I know!). The snow is all gone now.

I go in on Monday for blood work and fulvestrant and then have a telemed appt later in the day. I am trying a SCCA clinic vs SCCA main cancer center as this clinic is much closer to my house. The main center is only 45 minutes away but the cancer center is so busy it's challenging to get appts to line up, which makes me stay there all day long for a blood test, quick face to face appt and then injections. I have been doing this for 2 years but as you all know, it's a bit of a grind. Since I feel good and things seem to be ok right now I am looking forward to trying the closer clinic for the fulvestrant injections and blood work. My oncologist said I can do this once or twice a quarter but need to see her in person after scans. AOK

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2022

Beautiful picture!!Looks like a greeting card. But so glad I don’t have to deal with it. I’d loose Spookie.

So I had labs for PCP. A little bit anemic, kidneys stable. So far so good. Then vampire says your fasting glucose was 60!! I should have been headed for the floor instead of my car. Then she says my a1c was 5.6. In 20 years, 12 on insulin, ITS NEVER BEEN THAT LOW. That’s great to keep damage away, but worries me something else is going on. But see Endo in a few weeks so maybe just some tweaks.

Stay warm and dry, happy weekend.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited January 2022

April, what a gorgeous photo! Thank you for sharing that.

Spookie, I hope your A1C being down is a good thing.

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2022

It is, and. isn’t. I’m going to have 2 dr barking it’s too low. I feel fine with it, haven’t hit the floor yet. Usually know if I’m close. I’m loosing weight, not trying. Blame the ibrance for the monthly nausea that kills my appetite. But is it? Labs were good, PET coming in few weeks. Endo soon too, so hope to get answers soonish.

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 600
    edited January 2022

Hello all, it's 2022, glad to see another year, hoping we're all still here together at year's end. Got a chuckle thinking of Spookie getting "lost" in the snow at Aprilgirl's house, like one of those photos where there's a deer but where in the heck is it? Where's Spookie.

Scans scheduled for next Friday, exactly one year from the date when my MO told me my bone biopsy was metastatic. Huh. Guess we're sticking to a pretty strict schedule! I'm taking the week afterwards off from work, since I didn't take much time over the holidays, and I kind of need a break. Not that we're going anywhere, but sleeping in a bit and making cinnamon rolls and reading books sounds like my kind of staycation. Trying not to worry about the scans, with minimal success. Rats, cats, and bats.

My friend was able to reschedule our tickets to see a play next week to June instead. The theater is letting people eat and drink during the performance, and I'm just not willing to risk it. Hoping June isn't gong to be inundated with some new variant, the Poopypants variant is what I'll be calling it if that happens. 💩👖

• aprilgirl1
    edited January 2022

SF Cakes, in your pocket for scans 1/14! Good idea to take some time off. Great news that the show was rescheduled, too ! Poopypants is a perfect name if we have another variant . Covid fatigue, as in I'm so sick and tired of it ,is real . I am relieved I haven't come down with it .... yet .

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2022

Spookie is 8#, solid white except for her nose and eyes. About 8 inches tall.

• sunshine99
    edited January 2022

Poopypants variant works for me! Bwah ha ha! Thanks for the morning laugh, Spookie! :)

Carol

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited January 2022

Afternoon ladies. Something happened this morning but we aren't yet sure what. I had been up this morning for some time, got up from bed from reading and was heading towards beloved when I felt really strange. I think I blacked out. I dont know. Next thing I know I'm on the ground sorta out of it but coming too again and beloved is standing over me and I hear him talking muffled over me until it was like I was back and I realized I wasn't standing anymore. I remember asking what happened over and over. My head felt really strange afterwards. He helped me up and got me into bed. I had been experiencing headaches for a week that medication was only touching half the time. Beloved called on call oncologist who immediately called back. Beloved described what happened which I didn't remember at all. He said I was coming toward him, grabbed onto something lost my balance and wound up on the floor. He said my eyes were fixed and big as saucers and turned up. He said he was talking to me and I wasn't responding. He said it lasted about a minute before I started coming around.

On call oncologist asked a bunch of questions. My MO is on vacation but returns monday. He suggests getting looked at and a brain scan. To avoid ER and have it all done at my center which has a brain MRI on premises would have to wait until Monday unless I went through their urgent care. I definitely want to avoid ER, so we have urgent care on standby and arranging seeing my MO on monday to see what's up. I'd rather go through her who knows me and everything I've been through then explain to someone new, especially when I'm afraid.

I'm glad he was home when this happened. After the incident I felt agitated, head hurt like pressure, and then I felt nauseous. Tried to eat something but things smelled off so I couldn't eat much of anything. Then all I've wanted to do is nap. Which I did for 2 hours. Beloved cooked a bit of pasta that I'm nibbling. Just waiting for Monday. I've never experienced anything remotely close to that before ever. I think you all know where my mind is going. I hope I'm wrong.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited January 2022

Rabbit- My prayers to you. I will be waiting to read your post after your Monday appointment.

• sunshine99
    edited January 2022

Oh, Rabbit, I'm so sorry. I hope you're OK and will also be anxiously waiting to hear from you after your appointment on Monday.

Hugs and prayers,

Carol

• dancemom
    dancemom Member Posts: 404
    edited January 2022

sending you good thoughts, rabbit

• aprilgirl1
    edited January 2022

Rabbit, im so sorry. Thank you for sharing with us. I'm sure it was terrifying for your husband but I am so thankful he was there. In your pocket for your appt on Monday. Hugs and prayers to you !

• simone60
    simone60 Member Posts: 952
    edited January 2022

Rabbit, praying for you and Sending you virtual hugs.

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 544
    edited January 2022

Rabbit, I am so sorry, bless your dh was around I am joining ladies sending you hugs and vibes. please don’t let your mind takes control, stay calm. When you are calm you can describe the event better to your MO, they evident what we tell them.

• RhosgobelRabbit
    edited January 2022

Happened again. On way to urgent.

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited January 2022

Rabbit - Hope they can see you quickly. Sending good thoughts.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited January 2022

Rabbit, I hope you get seen quickly. Sounds like you should! There are lots of with you in spirit and in your pocket.

• sf-cakes
    edited January 2022

Rabbit, I am praying that urgent care can get you in immediately and figure out what is going on. My husband had a couple of episodes very similar to this, ER determined he was dehydrated. Hoping you get some prompt answers and that you're going to be okay. Sending you so much love ❤️ ❤️

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2022

Oh Rabbit I’m sorry!! Hugs for both of you. Update when you can.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,665
    edited January 2022

That is definitely frightening - best wishes for good news and quick resolution. We are all here for you!

• RhosgobelRabbit
    edited January 2022

Sorry for delay. After many tests and a head CT I'm being sent to ER for MRI. CT is inconclusive and there appears to be things there now not seen on my brain MRI from 2019 I had done at first diagnosis also possible evidence of a clot. I was told in no uncertain terms I need to get this scan now. Oh boy. Beloved has been wheeling me around all day. About to change venues soon. Thank you all for hanging in there with me. I love all of you very much :)

• sf-cakes
    edited January 2022

Rabbit, I'm in your pocket for the stat MRI. ❤

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625
    edited January 2022

Praying for you Rabbit

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited January 2022

Not leaving your pocket, Rabbit!!

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528
    edited January 2022

Rabbit pocket duty until it’s all done. You’re in good hands.

Tany

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 544
    edited January 2022

Rabbit sweetheart thanks for the update, we are all here for you ❤️

• dancemom
    dancemom Member Posts: 404
    edited January 2022

Rabbit, holding you in my thoughts

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited January 2022

Rabbit- holding you in my thoughts. Hug.

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited January 2022

Rabbit, I'm holding you here close to my heart.

I pray that you're at peace and all is well.

Love from PatGMc