Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• d37
    d37 Member Posts: 73
    edited January 2022

Rabbit, you are in my thoughts. I hope all is well

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited January 2022

(((hugs)))

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,904
    edited January 2022

Rabbit, I just came in and read what’s happening. I’m thinking of you and sending warm hugs. Please keep us posted

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited January 2022

Dr's are saying thrombosis in some kinda vein in head, life threatening if not treated. Not sure if mets or clot common to cancer patients due to blood being alittle thicker. On heparin. Waiting for brain MRI, about to take me. Terrible nausea, headaches and dizziness. 4 different anti nausea haven't helped. I feel like I've been incarnated as a rag. Waiting for more tests. Beloved isnt allowed to be with me at all. Very hard to answer million questions on my own. Try to keep posted. Hard to concentrate.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited January 2022

Rabbit- What is going on? How are you?

• candy-678
    edited January 2022

Oh Rabbit we posted at the same time. So sorry your Beloved cannot be with you. My thoughts are with you now.

• kbl
    edited January 2022

Rabbit, you are amazing to take the time and let us know how you are. I am keeping an eye on this thread to look for posts. I’m so sorry your beloved can’t be with you. I am hugging you and hoping they can figure it out quickly. Thank you so much for the update. Heart

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 544
    edited January 2022

Rabbit (((hugs)))

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited January 2022

Rabbit,

Thinking good thoughts for you. Hope they can figure this out quickly.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited January 2022

More (((hugs))) Rabbit. I can't imagine...

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,854
    edited January 2022

Rabbit, Whoa! Just read what you are going through, and am so glad you are somewhere that can and will move heaven and earth to figure this out and get you through it.

Apparently, just having cancer raises the risk of blood clots, and anti-hormonals or chemotherapy can exacerbate this. The link below also says ports commonly cause blood clots but that for some reason those are not usually a problem:

https://www.fredhutch.org/en/news/center-news/2019...

And of course, Covid strongly increases blood clotting, yikes...

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,026
    edited January 2022

With you in spirit Rabbit. Hope that they get this figured out soon and all will be well.

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 600
    edited January 2022

Rabbit, I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this, and how much harder to have to be on your own without your DH there to answer some of the questions you're being asked. Hoping your nausea is better, sending you lots of support ❤

• katyblu
    katyblu Member Posts: 223
    edited January 2022

Oh wow Rabbit! I just jumped in to see all this. I am so glad your DH was with you and that you got seen promptly. It sucks that your beloved cannot be with you, it is so hard to answer questions thoroughly when you’re alone, sick, and afraid. I am here with you and praying that it is *only* a clot and not the big M. I know that’s not great either but maybe it’s more manageable?

We are all here to share your pain and fear. Please know that we all care about you and are sending our good thoughts and prayers. When you are able and wanting to, let us know how you are.

Hope your nausea and pain are being managed better!

• d37
    d37 Member Posts: 73
    edited January 2022

I’m thinking of you Rabbit. So sorry you have to go through this alone

• candy-678
    edited January 2022

Cure-ious--- Yep cancer causes an increased risk of blood clots. I had a PE (blood clot in the lung, pulmonary embolism) in May 2021. I too have a Port in place also. I am now on blood thinners.

• rk2020
    rk2020 Member Posts: 697
    edited January 2022

Rabbit - I just checked in for the first time in awhileand read what’s going on. Know that when you are anxious and grey clouds gather round, I’m sending you sunlight to sooth your soul and rainbows to remind you that beautiful things can come after a storm. Hugs my dear. I’m not leaving your pocket.

• chico
    chico Member Posts: 197
    edited January 2022

Sending hugs and support. Hope that you are doing more than ok

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited January 2022

RRabbit - hope you can feel us all in your pockets which are cozy and full of love! So sorry beloved can't be with you today, hope you get clear answers soon.

XOXO

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited January 2022

Miss Rabbit…

I hate that I chose today to login and this is the first thing I read. I am so so sorry for what you're going through. I will keep you in my prayers.

As for me, I am hanging in but it's been difficult. I will update more after we hear more from Miss Rabbit.

Jackie

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited January 2022

Being moved to bigger hospital with specialized neurology dept. Concern about left vein in head. Heparin to prevent bigger clot. Concern over artery in neck. Begins with C. Waiting to moved, apparently they can help me there. No improvement to condition really. Vomiting all day. Disorientation. I did have a nice twinkly eyed resident twice. Beloved is still shut out, frustrating. Wish I didn't have to talk so much. Remember so much on my own. Pocket duty from you all is excellent. Thank you :)

• rk2020
    rk2020 Member Posts: 697
    edited January 2022

Rabbit - We are not leaving your pocket. It’s getting a little warm in here but we are used to hot flashes so this is no big deal.

• dancemom
    dancemom Member Posts: 404
    edited January 2022

rabbit🤗🤗🤗Heart

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited January 2022

Rabbit - we're all with you. Hope you can get some sleep.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,665
    edited January 2022

One foot in front of the other, Rabbit, just like you've been doing. Let's hope the specialized neuro doc can sort this out ASAP and get you back on your feet and back to your beloved ASAP.

Is it a Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis (CVST)?

• kbl
    edited January 2022

Rabbit, thank you for the update. I had been coming back periodically to check if you’d written. You are so sweet taking the time to let us know. I am so sad your husband can’t be with you. Hugs.

• candy-678
    edited January 2022

Oh Rabbit my thoughts and prayers are with you. This is ridiculous that Beloved cannot be with you in all this. If I was there with you, I would be pitching a fit with the head honchos until they let your DH in. Gentle hugs from here.

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625
    edited January 2022

Continued thoughts and prayers for you Rabbit. I hope they get you fixed and comfortable and that your beloved can be with you.

JACK5IE - I hope you are doing okay.

• B-A-P
    B-A-P Member Posts: 409
    edited January 2022

You haven't left my mind Rabbit . Hoping they can help resolve this quickly.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited January 2022

Rabbit, Sorry you’re still vomiting and disoriented, as well as having to talk to everyone. I sure hope the team at the new center gets things happening for you. It stinks that Beloved can’t be there with you. Like RK said, not leaving your pocket.