Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Gardening, anyone?

Options

Comments

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,935
    Options

Teka- love poppies!

• Jackbirdie
    Jackbirdie Member Posts: 1,617
    Options

Teka- always so nice to see your pics! Glad you were able to shoot the poppies before the rain crushed them. The salmon color is beautiful. And I simply must get some peonies. I had some in my Pennsylvania garden years ago. I'm moving to a new house in about a month. Maybe I need to get myself a housewarming present! Though they probably wouldn't be available until later in the year? Or even spring. Dunno.

Anyway, the old fashioned white is classic, and classy. Just like the rest of your gardens! Thanks for sharing!

• Jackbirdie
    Options

a little good news here which I celebrated with the ultimate in garden luxury. Having enough to pick a few posies.

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    Options

You look great and so do your posies! It's always fun to see what chemo did to your hair. Mine is stick straight and ashblond - it came back curly and grey after chemo! It was fun having curly hair. Then it straighened out again - back to normal. My Aunt said hers was even thicker and more wavy then she started with! So keep us posted on what new hair do you get! Congrads on being FINISHED! Whoo Hoo!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,881
    Options

Yes, congratulations on finishing chemo! That's a big step toward resuming your life.

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418
    Options

• TwoHobbies
    TwoHobbies Member Posts: 1,532
    Options

Jackbirdie, congratulations on finishing your chemo! Woo-hoo! Love your vases full of flowers. That's why I love my flower gardens, being able to bring some blooms into the house.

• jazzygirl
    Options

Jackiebird- congrats on being done with chemo! Happy dance! Whoot whoot!

Flowers are beautiful too!

• Jackbirdie
    Options

thanks everyone. I am one hurtin unit today. All the words of encouragement are helping. And so needed. I am a número uno WUSS today

• jazzygirl
    Options

Jackie- sorry you are having the bad SEs today. Your last time. Onward and upward to recovery after this!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,881
    Options

Very pretty. Are the roses low maintenance? We have some that never require anything.

• Jackbirdie
    Options

I'll do anything for a hummingbird.

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    Options

Congrats Jackie.

My flowers are finally blooming!

• DayLily15
    DayLily15 Member Posts: 34
    Options

beautiful blooming charger. what is the first pic ?

surprise i like daylilies , and i see Teka has a super one.

so far i have 3 colours up.

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    Options

Daylily, The 1st 3 pics are Asiatic lillies, my favorite.

• BookLady1
    BookLady1 Member Posts: 196
    Options

Happy 4th of July 🎉🇺🇸🎆 ! I love seeing all of the photos and hearing from nature lovers from so many places. It's like having pen pals!

Hopefully I will be sending another bluebonnet pic from my front yard, taken in March. Y'all reminded me of how lucky I am to live a few miles from Ladybirds Wildflower Center. It is an inspiring place, year round. When her funeral procession passed from Austin to her burial place in Johnson City, Texas, the road was lined with thousands of people. I was honored to be one of them.

• jazzygirl
    Options

Happy July 4th everyone! Love the bluebonnet photos!

• TwoHobbies
    TwoHobbies Member Posts: 1,532
    Options

If you remember I decided to plant my pots in multicolors this year. I think I like it. image

• jazzygirl
    Options

Nice job two hobbies!

• Jackbirdie
    Options

two hobbies- spectacular and so cheerful! Well done

• BookLady1
    BookLady1 Member Posts: 196
    Options

Two Hobbies, I love the riot of color - so eye catching!

Jackbirdie - belated congrats on finishing chemo and I love your photo with your great smile. Linda.

• flaviarose
    flaviarose Member Posts: 249
    Options

• flaviarose
    Options

• flaviarose
    Options

• flaviarose
    Options

imageThese poppies are weeds in my onion patch. Years ago I planted some of the pink poppy seeds, and every year I let some of them go to seed and I end up with many of them - I weed out many, and leave some because they are so cool.

• flaviarose
    Options

• flaviarose
    Options

• jazzygirl
    Options

Flaviarose- I am coming up there to live with you! Your gardens are outstanding! But then again, there is the winter in NE so I might not stay....

Sorry I have not had anything interesting to post. Summer heat is taking it's toll on the gardens. I was out back tonight giving my flowers some plant food, pruning, etc. and the gardens themselves seem okay, but the potted plants are withering. We have summer rains starting, but some things will need to be pulled out and new things replanted. So it goes in the hot summers in the desert.

• flaviarose
    Options

Thanks, jazzy girl. We have had great gardening weather - we had a fairly dry May and June, but in July we had quite a few rainstorms, so everything is green and lush. It has finally gotten into the 80s for daytime high temps - we've had some Canadian weather coming down. You are right about winter here - it is LONG and BRUTAL. We have a 6 month winter, and the other 3 seasons crammed into the other 6 months. It does make one appreciate summer.

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    Options

Flaviarose: another jealous gardener here, not just of your gardens, but of your photography skills.