Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

How long have you been Stage IV?

Options

Comments

• sandilee
    sandilee Member Posts: 436
    Options

It will be 5 years for me in June...so 4 yrs. 9 mos.

• jcfree
    jcfree Member Posts: 30
    Options

I was diagnosed November 2014 with Stage IV, three small bone mets with lobular tumor on right side. Had complete response to neo-adjuvant chemo, bone mets are healed. Have been NED since April 2015. Very inspiring reading all the responses in this thread.

• LvinAZ44
    LvinAZ44 Member Posts: 107
    Options

hi. Dx March 2011 amongst made it 5 years, UV dx Oct 2015 liver lung rib. Will it ever get better??

• catsteme
    catsteme Member Posts: 26
    Options

I've just been diagnosed with stage IV (original dx stage IIb April 2014). Reading these posts makes me so much more confident that I can still have a life with this cruel disease. Well done to all you fighters and thank you for sharing.

• nbnotes
    nbnotes Member Posts: 338
    Options

Glad this thread was revived as I didn't get to share initially. I was stage IV from the start (they realized that once I had my ptscan though I spent a couple months blissfully not realizing it), and this July will be 4 years. I've been NED for 3 years this April; so, I'm hoping that will continue on......

• akshelley
    akshelley Member Posts: 58
    Options

Originally Stage 1 in 2009.

Recurrence Stage IV four years later in June 2013.

Three blessed years of continuous treatment and I'm going to see both my boys graduate this May!

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,833
    Options

Bumping but hoping for no new additions! No one wants to be here!

• cive
    cive Member Posts: 265
    Options

Dcis in 1996,stage IIB Idc in 2004, Lung and bone mets in April of 2015, diagnosed as COPD initially, malignant pleural effusion diagnosed in Sept of 2015. 

• Freya
    Freya Member Posts: 329
    Options

Dxd Jan 2009 stage IIIC. Stage IV bone mets in June 2010. Liver and malignant pleural effusion early 2017.

• legomaster225
    legomaster225 Member Posts: 356
    Options

Glad to see you posting Goldie. Are you doing alright? I hope that you are doing welland that you continue to beat your doctors estimate for Many, many years!!

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,580
    Options

9 months for me, dx stage IV de novo at 41 on 11/16/16 with met to left iliac bone.

• bigbhome
    bigbhome Member Posts: 721
    Options

Stage 2 in 2005

Stage IV, in spine, face, hip, rib, illiac, sacrum, both lemurs 2012

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,856
    Options

updating: 10 years with stage IV de novo.

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    Options

it's been 3 years and 2 months since my stage IV de novo diagnosis (June 23, 2014). Had progression twice since. Still feeling well and have a good quality of life!

• Jaylea
    Jaylea Member Posts: 440
    Options

I was originally diagnosed stage II in 2006. Three months ago, after almost 11 years, I was diagnosed stage IV with bone and lung mets. Like others who have posted, my shortness of breath and coughing was treated as asthma. I finally insisted on a CT and that's when the fun began.

I'm in my first cycle of I/F with minor side effects. But honestly my symptoms were so bad before the diagnosis (extreme fatigue, constant cough, loss of appetite and weight) that I'm grateful for the drugs and feeling much improved. Drawing inspiration from all the stories here.

• Jaylea
    Jaylea Member Posts: 440
    Options

I was originally diagnosed stage II in 2006. Three months ago, after almost 11 years, I was diagnosed stage IV with bone and lung mets. Like others who have posted, my shortness of breath and coughing was treated as asthma. I finally insisted on a CT and that's when the fun began.

I'm in my first cycle of I/F with minor side effects. But honestly my symptoms were so bad before the diagnosis (extreme fatigue, constant cough, loss of appetite and weight) that I'm grateful for the drugs and feeling much improved. Drawing inspiration from all the stories here.

• Kellygrl
    Kellygrl Member Posts: 2
    Options

Started March 2012 age 34 with stage 4. NED 3 years & re-occurance 2016. 5 1/2 years now since stage 4 diagnosis.

• amred
    amred Member Posts: 2
    Options

Since 2009 - so that makes 8 years since metastatic diagnosis. Orig was 2005.

• Happiness2
    Happiness2 Member Posts: 3
    Options

I was diagnosed at Stage IV BC in Oct 2014 and after Xeloda and then Ibrance/Letrozole for 10months I had no signs of cancer in Dec 2016. Then in July 2017 3 small Mets in bone appeared and I began LSZ 102 trial on August 17, 2017. I will be getting FES PET Scan on Sept 14, 2017 to check on Mets and I am hoping for improvement.

• grrifff
    grrifff Member Posts: 75
    Options

diagnosed Stage IV de novo July 21, 2017

• Lynne
    Lynne Member Posts: 368
    Options

I was originally diagnosed Stage 1 in 2005. 7 years later, in 2012, it came back, stage 4. It's been 5 years now.

Lynne

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    Options

DCIS in 2008, Metastatic in 2012

• finallyoverit
    finallyoverit Member Posts: 133
    Options

IDC at age 37.. stage 4 at 42. I've been stage IV for 4 months

• iwillwinthisbattle
    Options

I was stage IV from the get go in 2011, so 6 years. Recently had my first recurrence, but still feeling great! There is hope

• Kjones13
    Kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    Options

update—5 years with stage 4! So very thankful and very blessed

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    Options

stage iv from beginning w lung involvement - dx 2011, probably could have been dx in 2010 considering the way I had been feeling.

• HLB
    HLB Member Posts: 740
    Options

Stage II in 2004. Stage IV in April 2012, so a little over 5 years. Still just bones so far but they have gone from about 7 to diffuse. My onc did the ca27-29 the whole time I was NED for 8 years, and that is how it was caught. Thank God because I had no symptoms and still don't. If I would have waited for symptoms I might have needed some kind of vertebral procedure or maybe living with chronic pain, who knows. So far very lucky.

• mirryp
    mirryp Member Posts: 15
    Options

6.5 years. De novo. Mets to bones and lungs.

• Believe51
    Believe51 Member Posts: 28
    Options

Stage IV diagnosed Oct 2016 with bone mets in left iliac and sacrum. Mets showed up on routine CT scan, no symptoms. July 2017 - progression of bone mets to L5/right pedicle and left acetabulum. Xeloda failed to stop progression. Originally diagnosed Stage 2b in July 2012. Am encouraged to see so many with longevity.

• vancouverdeb
    vancouverdeb Member Posts: 30
    Options

Stage 2 in Jan 2013

Stage 4 in July 2016