Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Cats, cats, cats

Options

Comments

• rockym
    rockym Member Posts: 357
    edited September 2015
    Options

Kitties Rock!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,018
    edited September 2015
    Options

Thinking of you & the traveling cats, CAM.

Yes, the tree climbing/refrigerator sitting cat is my naughty guardian angel. Here is another picture of her I found when digging for the others.image

• KiwiCatMom
    KiwiCatMom Member Posts: 2,337
    edited September 2015
    Options

Rock & Ruth - what beautiful babies!

And speaking of babies...how many can you count in this photo? :) Newest arrivals at Kitten Inn.

• CAMommy
    CAMommy Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2015
    Options

7 kitty babies?

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,176
    edited September 2015
    Options

7?

• KiwiCatMom
    edited September 2015
    Options

Actually 6. But does look like 7 in the pic. They're one day old.

• spookiesmom
    edited September 2015
    Options

so tiny so cute

• KiwiCatMom
    edited September 2015
    Options

This is their mum. Wish I could figure out how to share facebook videos here; there's a couple of her with the babies and they're adorable. Four more pregnant momcats ready to pop any day.

• CAMommy
    edited September 2015
    Options

Mommy cat is so tiny. Glad she was able to have her babies on a soft clean blanket and not on the cold hard ground.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,879
    edited September 2015
    Options

Those kittens are nice and shiny. Looks like a good Mom.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited September 2015
    Options

Love the kittens. What a beautiful tortoiseshell momma.

Wren any luck finding your cat's harness?

I felt like you did when Arthur lost his anti-birding collars!

Nice cat story, My cousin in UK long been a cat person but married a birdwatcher, cats at home didn't seem to be on the agenda. They have a son age 9. Only child, lonely. Cousin raises possibility of pet, cat a better option than dog as they both work long days. Surprisingly bird hubby LIKES cats, just not keen on unnecessary carnage. Fast forward to: Trip to shelter last week to choose rescue cat. Their son says the cat they choose is to be called "Lucky". When they got to the shelter there was a rehabilitated road accident victim, (lost his tail in the accident, it had to be amputated). Guess what the shelter had called him - "Lucky".

Guess what cat they chose Smile

• moni731
    moni731 Member Posts: 212
    edited September 2015
    Options

KiwiCatMom- Momma cat is so cute! I wish I could adopt her. My son is looking for a tort/calico kitty. Possible? But I'm in the US.

• GG27
    GG27 Member Posts: 1,308
    edited September 2015
    Options

Feline, what a cute story. Actually brought a tear to my eye. KCM, love the tortie mom with babies. Thanks all for posting pics of your babies. I come to this thread almost everyday. GG

• feelingfeline
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi GG!

• GG27
    GG27 Member Posts: 1,308
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi FF! Just saw your great pic along with your daughter on the other thread, lovely.

• wren44
    edited September 2015
    Options

FF, The next door neighbor found it on his large front porch. So happy we don't have to spend $$ for another one.

• feelingfeline
    edited September 2015
    Options

Yaaay Nerdy

• KiwiCatMom
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hooray at harness find! GG - Yea! Happy you're here! FF - love the adoption story. That's so great.

Moni - torti mum actually has a home to go back to. When people can't cope with kittens for whatever reason, Kitten Inn takes the pregnant moms (or moms and new babies) and takes care of them (foster care usually) until the kittens are weaned and over 1 kg. The kittens get desexed, microchipped, vaccinated, flea'd and wormed, and adopted out. The momcat gets desexed, microchipped, etc., and goes back to her owner. That's what happened with the momcat I fostered and I'm still in touch with her owner. :)

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,018
    edited September 2015
    Options

What a wonderful thing to do!!!

• moni731
    edited September 2015
    Options

KiwiCatMom- thanks for the information. I am very happy to hear she has a home! Sad it will not be mine. My son wanted to get her today! Haha, he would take all the kittens too! He is going to be the 'crazy cat guy'! I've kept him to 3 cats, 2 dogs and 20 chickens!

• KiwiCatMom
    edited September 2015
    Options

Moni - we have 8 cats and it's largely because my husband is a crazy cat guy. I love them too and don't object, but he's the real soft touch at our place. We're buying a place that comes with chickens - may have to get some advice from you!

• wren44
    edited September 2015
    Options

Just be aware that torties are know for "tortitude" and can be in your face. That said, my heart kitty was a torti.

• moni731
    edited September 2015
    Options

KiwiCatMom- I am sure you will enjoy the chickens. They all have their own personalities and contrary to popular belief, they are intelligent creatures and are aware of everything! All of my pets peacefully coexist, but that sometimes makes for some very funny moments! We do not eat our girls, just the eggs, so they really are pets. I will be more than happy to lend any advice I am able. How many are you inheriting?

• KiwiCatMom
    edited September 2015
    Options

Not sure how many; 8 or 10. The eggs are food, but not the chickens. They are pets. Will be interesting to see how they do with the cats, and vice versa. :) We don't move until Nov, but I will definitely hit you up for advice. :)

• Monis
    Monis Member Posts: 309
    edited September 2015
    Options

Mozie, Queen of the warm laundry pile

• KiwiCatMom
    edited September 2015
    Options

Mozzie! Those toes!

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited September 2015
    Options

FF I love the lucky story! Great the cat got a home. I love all the photos. We use revolution and find the stuff to be excellent at killing fleas. Wren- you are lucky to have found the harness! We must have put 20 cat collars with tags on our old man Percy and he's ditched them all. His motto.. no cat collars! He's 15 and not micro chipped since back then at the humane society they didn't do it. Everyone else in the house has a chip and a collar. Off to bed it's almost 1am.

• KiwiCatMom
    edited September 2015
    Options

• CAMommy
    edited September 2015
    Options

Awww Mozie. So cute. We made it to FL. Kitties all did great on the trip. Starkist is hiding under the blankets on my bed. She won't budge. If I lift the blankets she burrows in deeper, she's traumatized. Dusty and Ralph were fine, being all swag walking around the new place. Ralph is now asleep behind the fridge. We can't find Dusty but I know he hasn't gotten out.

So glad to be here :-)

• spookiesmom
    edited September 2015
    Options

Welcome to sauna land! Wait till they discover all the lizards running around.