Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

CALLING ALL ARTISTS- Lets make an art gallery!

Comments

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938
    edited February 2018

Hi tumbleweed! Post your stuff!

Jmw awesome watercolors.

Pinkismycolor, so cool!

• sm627
    sm627 Member Posts: 142
    edited February 2018

Hello Fellow Artists,

I was wondering if any of you have used your mastectomy scars as inspiration for art projects/paintings? I have been taking selfies of my mastectomy scars for the last 7 months, but haven't figured out yet what painting to do about them yet.

If anyone can please share what they have created it would help get my creative art juices flowing again.

Thank you all!

Hugs,

Sara

• ArtyMom
    ArtyMom Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2018

Claire with a painting in the background

• pink_is_my_colour
    pink_is_my_colour Member Posts: 265
    edited February 2018

Smile

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited February 2018

Arty Mom what a lovely juxtaposition of Claire and your art!

PS Have you discovered the cats cats cats thread on here yet? Something tells me that you might be a cat lover as well as an artist. I will post a link below in case you want to check it out.

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/156/topics/834322?page=107#idx_3210

• swimjames
    swimjames Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2018

Sounds like fun!

• lisey
    lisey Member Posts: 300
    edited April 2018

I finished my Rhino for the Wildlife Auction. Acrylic on Black Canvas. 12X24"

• feelingfeline
    edited April 2018

NerdyThumbsUp Congratulations Lisey. Such striking colours you chose. Looks like he might be in the moonlight.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925
    edited April 2018

Lisey, that is wonderful!

• MexicoHeather
    MexicoHeather Member Posts: 147
    edited April 2018

I'm not sure if this counts as ART, but after my mastectomy, I added my fake boob to the Christmas Village. What a snowball!
  • feelingfeline
    edited April 2018

Nerdy Great use!

• wren44
    edited April 2018

I can see the headline, "Space object lands in village."

• PerAngusta
    PerAngusta Member Posts: 24
    edited April 2018

I call this painting "Abandoned". This is an acrylic that I painted while trying to reconcile my feelings...immediately after completing 18 months of bc surgeries and treatment. I felt completely alone and afraid. I still saw beauty in the world around me, but as you can see....the color went away for quite some time. This painting is dark because that is simply how I felt.

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985
    edited April 2018

wow thanks for sharing. I also see beauty in your painting and yes I too know how you felt.

Thanks again

• Enerva
    edited April 2018

I have been doing some craft to easy my mind these days.

I painted a few bird houses.

Here is one I gave as a gift to a couple of Italian friends. I find that painting and also knitting helps me calm down when my mind feels it can't take it anymore lol

• PerAngusta
    edited April 2018

Oh my goodness!! I love, love, love the birdhouses!! Those are so beautiful!!! WOW!! I just put "unfinished birdhouses" on my list of things to pick up!! I think I will give that a try next....just in time for spring! Those are lovely Enerva!!! Have you ever painted shoes? The fine detail that you put on these houses is EXACTLY the sort of thing you need to be able to do on shoes or purses!! I just used an old, black pair of clean and dry CONVERSE RUNNERS to make my daughter a funky "sugar skulls" (google the phrase for details) pair of runners to match her leggins!! I just painted with regular acryllic paints and then sprayed the heck out of them with a good sealer to keep them nice for as long as possible!! Since you live in Canada....I want to tell you that ARDENE's sells plain, inexpensive converse-type shoes in many colours and they are AMAZING to paint!! Sky is the limit - sandals look amazing as well!!! This winter, I did a Christmas runner set for my daughter with the GRINCH theme....snowflakes, graffiti words....turned out super cool for a teenaged girl!! Made a matching bag/tote.

Keep that creative awesome-ness going!!! :) Beautiful!!!!

• Enerva
    edited April 2018

ha ha ha I am so happy you are here in Canada.

I never painted shoes Happy

But I will keep that in my list now. Here is another one I painted for another friend. Remember when the storm hit us a few weeks back? I was visiting my friend in Peterborough and I was stuck there for 3 days so we went to michael's I grabbed a few paints. And I painted her butterfly box wish she had in her harden with no pain just plain . I only painted trees and added some butterfly from dollar store.

Here it is

She loved it lol

• feelingfeline
    edited April 2018

Nerdy

• PerAngusta
    edited April 2018

Some of my other paintings....I haven't decided what my style is yet....so for now, I just imitate all of the other artists that I love best!! And when I paint an image....I like to SUPER SIZE IT and then I give them away!! Friends, family, local schools, children's centers.....my art is therapeutic and I love to give gifts away for free....so it's win-win for everyone!! :) I take bits and pieces of all the artwork that I am most attracted to and then there is just no stopping me...I'm a bit of a maniac with a brush in my hand.....lololol....I paint ANY surface....canvases like the ones you see below or shoes, shirts, handbags and this past Halloween.....I used amazing body paints to create FABULOUS and REALISTIC looking tatoos for my friends and family! I love fashion, art, cooking, writing....all that creative stuff!!! Here are some of my pieces.....Hope you enjoy them!!! These ones are NOT breast cancer themed however, they were created during my time of healing. They are labours of love!! Please note that I am CANADIAN so the October painting, for instance shows "October, Canadian Style - to include our Thanksgiving Holiday.....that painting went to a local school!" I am currently working on a large piece that is a replica of our famous artists "The Group of Seven", specifically a piece called "Mirror Lake" by Franklin Carmichael....it's going to take months to complete....I'll post it when it is all done!!! I sign each piece and obviously, you can now see my name....so cheers to you my bc friends.....xo colleen

• Enerva
    edited April 2018

SillyHeartlove them all

Thanks for sharing

• PerAngusta
    edited April 2018

Hey thanks enerva....got shy.....took them off! Scaredlol

• wren44
    edited April 2018

Per, Oh no! They were so cheerful.

• Enerva
    edited April 2018

so beautiful you should be proud

Shocked

• MexicoHeather
    MexicoHeather Member Posts: 147
    edited May 2018

Perangusta: I live the shoe painting idea. I was at Busch Gardens, Tampa, on Sunday. An artist had done butterflies. Very cool uses of acrylic paint on canvas.

Everva: Nice job on the butterfly box. Perhaps it's a northern thing? I have never seen one.

• Enerva
    edited May 2018

lol I guess so mexico I also have one which I keep in my balcony

Maybe is a north thing . But I bet it could work in any country as long as you keep flowers in the garden

• bluepearl
    bluepearl Member Posts: 133
    edited May 2018

• bluepearl
    edited May 2018

• bluepearl
    edited May 2018

• bluepearl
    edited May 2018

• wren44
    edited May 2018

Blue Pearl, Great work! Do you illustrate Sci Fi? If not, you could.