Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

CALLING ALL ARTISTS- Lets make an art gallery!

Comments

• Yaelle
    Yaelle Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2018

Thank you, Warrior, Pinkismycolour and Feelingfeline :-)

And YES, Feelingfeline it's great to be a granny of twins ... it's only hard to wait for them getting out of the incubators.

The paintings are on plexiglass. Same principle as glass : same paints, same mediums.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited June 2018

NerdyNerdyThumbsUpThumbsUpHeartHeart

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938
    edited July 2018

those are amazing!

I made these little star flowers for friends for a luncheon.

• Warrior2018
    Warrior2018 Member Posts: 212
    edited July 2018

Adorable moonflwr! Love the bright colors too.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925
    edited July 2018

Did you add the centers later? Or switch colors? They would be cute on tie-backs for white curtains. Or in a bowl like they're floating.

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited July 2018

Looks like beads in the centers. They would also be cute with wire stems bunched in a vase.

• LoveMyVizsla
    edited July 2018

Here’s a sunset from last week.

And another.

• Warrior2018
    edited July 2018

Stunning!!!

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited July 2018

Gloious Smile

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    edited July 2018

Moonflwr, those flowers are so cute. Do you have a pattern? I'm teaching crochet classes all through July and August. Those would be perfect little projects for someone ready for a little bit of a challenge. 

LoveMyVizsla, beautiful sunsets. 

• Warrior2018
    edited July 2018

Here’s a couple from the lake last week:

• LoveMyVizsla
    edited July 2018

Nice, Warrior

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938
    edited July 2018

Mominator. Magic circle, SC 12x. Tighten circle. SC into first SC, the in next stitch HDC,DC, HDC. Repeat 4 more times. Slip stitch into first SC ok f 2nd row, Fasten off. Finish by weaving loose ends into back over pins of wearing. I used needle and thread to attach 3 little beads. You could embroider knots too. Its very forgiving if miscounted do 2 together if you have extra SC to use. Do the last SC in the same stitch as the cluster if not enough. If too many stitches, just make a 6 point flower. It only took about 5 minutes a flower, including the beads. LOL. If maguc curcle is too hard, use a 4 stitch ch and crochet into 3rd chain from hook.

Love the pics warrior

Lovemyvisla, gorgeous too.

• Amica
    Amica Member Posts: 237
    edited July 2018

Lovely art on here.

Here is a poem I wrote :)

The Flat Chest

there's something kind of noble about a woman with a flat chest

rightness replaces roundness perhaps

a new long white shelf upon which to recreate hope

a changeling now you see reflected back

carved out of you -- a purer space -- perchance

out of the space from which they shaped smooth hope

lightening my way, new hollows replace sloping folds

what of it? am I marked?

my self, my body, whispers – safe you may be.

there's something kind of beautiful about a bald woman

unwillingly, unwittingly clean -shorn

my scull my own geography that I have never seen

how gently do I want to hold it, this new-born

I own my head much more now it seems

and in my dreams, long, glistening hair

to awake – and of course, it's not there

my self, my hair, shrieks -- stay with me.

there's something very strong about a woman with breast cancer

forced to be a warrior when I was still so scared

I'm not equipped, not stationed right, for all this cavalry

my white flag's up, surely someone sees it

forced indominability on me, forced authenticity

that I don't want to be.

my self, my dreams, scream – yes, you may be free.

and yes you will still be.

• Warrior2018
    edited July 2018

Just beautiful Amica. Brought tears to my eyes.❤️

• Amica
    edited July 2018

Thanks Warrior 2018 :)

• wren44
    edited July 2018

Very very nice.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,882
    edited July 2018

Amica, very raw, beautiful and real. A poem many can relate to with powerful images and honesty and hope.

• rachelcarter35
    rachelcarter35 Member Posts: 256
    edited July 2018

Amica LOVE LOVE LOVE this! thank you so much.

• Amica
    edited July 2018

@Wren44, @bandwoman1234, @rachelcarter35--I appreciate your kindness. Thanks!

• tinyturtle
    tinyturtle Member Posts: 18
    edited August 2018

Hello -- Just found you all here. I had a hunch that there must be a gang of creatives here somewhere ;) And that poem!

I called this painting "Giant" because she is so small (The girl I referenced was just 4 years old) but seems to be towering over our world. She's oil, spray paint, oil pastel and sharpie marker and probably 40 x 40" I was able to trade her for a painting from another artist I had wanted for years. :)

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    edited August 2018

Hi tinyturtle from Fullerton! I especially like how you rendered the fabric and used lines and drawn shapes in the landscape; that you didn't try to fully paint everything as it is, but suggested. It's nice. Over her right shoulder, it almost looks like the land consists of petroglyphs. Nice touch.

There are so many gifted women here, I'm amazed, but I am seriously too lazy and egotistic about my work to post it. No, seriously. Also I am a lazy procrastinator who's also a perfectonist.

But I'm glad you guys do.

• Amica
    edited August 2018

Very striking and beautiful tinyturtle. You are a gifted artist. I love how you captured the expression on her face--her serious mesmerizing gaze.

• rachelcarter35
    edited August 2018

I lay around for 4 or 5 weeks healing after my mastectomy and then found out I had to have 12 weeks of chemo. I decided I wanted to have something to show for all this time off from the the job I love. I've stolen moments my whole working life to do art. The last couple of years I've done stain glass and had some scraps. I let my stain glass community know that this mosaic was my chemo plan and found a 5 gallon bucket of beautiful glass scraps on my door step. I have one week to my last round of chemo and this is my 'good week'. I hope to get it done and grout it. Its for my patio and the image was inspired by my new garden.

• wren44
    edited August 2018

What a wonderful project. Be sure to send a pic when it's completed and in place.

• Warrior2018
    edited August 2018

very cute and funny Jo!

What a great idea Rachel!! Beautiful

• viewfinder
    viewfinder Member Posts: 200
    edited August 2018

I scrolled through the 30+ pages of this thread. What a lot of beautiful creations and a wide variety of media! Many talented forum participants. Lovely.

I've been a photo enthusiast most of my life. Can't count how many photos I've taken but an injury to my ankle about six years ago significantly impacted my photo taking style and mobility. The following is one of my personal favorites, taken at the Louvre in 2006. It is one of seven photos taken in the Louvre that was exhibited in a photo gallery in Finland.

• Amica
    edited August 2018

viewfinder: that photo is stunning. I love it.

rachelcarter: Your stained glass project is lovely., and I'm incredibly impressed with how big it is, your skill level, and how much you've accomplished. I know that stained glass is challenging and a LOT of work!

• rachelcarter35
    edited August 2018

Amica thank you. That means a great deal to me as your poem completely blew me away. Mosaic is surprisingly easy compared to stained glass and very satisfying because its more spontaneous and free. Its more like painting in glass. Its also surprisingly quick compared to stained glass.

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    edited August 2018

Rachel: best wishes on your chemo and your glass mosaic. How nice of your community to give you the materials to work.

Please show us the finished project.