Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

CALLING ALL ARTISTS- Lets make an art gallery!

Comments

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited May 2018

Blue Pearl your art and your screen name are totally in harmony Nerdy

• MarlaM
    MarlaM Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2018

• bluepearl
    bluepearl Member Posts: 133
    edited May 2018

Thank you for kind words. Interestingly, blue pearl , in the Book of the Dead, refers to pure consciousness. My space landscapes belong to a series called "Other Worlds, Other Realms, Towards the Blue Pearl". Good catch felling feline! LOL! So many wonderful artists here! MariaM...we could do a showing together is I didn't live a few lightyears away! lol. Beautiful!

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938
    edited May 2018

love all the new things! So pretty and STRONG!

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited May 2018

• feelingfeline
    edited May 2018

OOOH he is gorgeous. Sniffing the air? ( or did you pay him to pose so perfectly Winking)

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925
    edited May 2018

The ones around here are getting way too bold. Probably wasn't the least afraid of the photographer.

• PoseyGirl
    PoseyGirl Member Posts: 298
    edited May 2018

I just took up felting (fibre art) last year and am getting interested in 2d work. This wall hangingis something I created following a tutorial.

• feelingfeline
    edited May 2018

the texture, the colours, the scene so suit each other

• wren44
    edited May 2018

Really nice. It looks real.

• baywitch
    baywitch Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2018

Spending the winter at my beach house meant lots of free, quiet time for painting. Made two corn hole sets for family gifts:

And made and painted these tables for my sun porch:

• bluepearl
    bluepearl Member Posts: 133
    edited May 2018

Baywitch...GORGEOUS!!!!!! I love their happy colours & sentiments!!!! LOVE THOSE TABLES!!!!Poseygirl.....that is fabulous! I do landscape quilting as well. Love your texture!

• goodprognosis
    goodprognosis Member Posts: 195
    edited May 2018

I can't get over the fab art on this thread.

You all produce such professional pieces.

Love, love the tables. Baywitch did you paint the fruit on wooden topped tables??

GP

• goodprognosis
    edited May 2018

...and lovely arrangements JO-5. Do you sell your pieces?

GP

• PatsyKB
    PatsyKB Member Posts: 211
    edited May 2018

Late to the party but anyway, I love this conversation thread so here goes:

This piece is from several years back, when I created an "art bra" for a breast cancer nonprofit fundraiser in Flagstaff. I've always wondered who purchased it. (I'm what I call an artist with a bad attitude or an artist on creative hiatus...sometime I make quilts - mostly my own designs or improvisations on others; sometimes I do my fiber-art/mixed media thing; sometimes I just CONTEMPLATE making art. Lately, perhaps because of this breast cancer diagnosis that interrupted my life a month ago, I'm feeling my creative juices flowing...)

Anyway, this bra was made using techniques I normally use when making my "thread bowls" which I often kick up a notch by incorporating cannibalized silk flowers...

• baywitch
    baywitch Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2018

Can't believe all the talent in this tab! Beautiful stuff that makes me want to get busy again.

GP ... I made those tables out of 2 ft. round pieces of wood I purchased at Home Depot and painted them with acrylic paint, then mounted them on wrought iron tables I bought at 5 Below. Have made quite a few sets of them for my beach neighbors and family. Also used the rounds to make a lazy susan for my porch table. They sell the lazy susan spinny parts at Home Depot as well.

Kathy

• PoseyGirl
    PoseyGirl Member Posts: 298
    edited May 2018

Ladies!! What lovely art projects ;). Thank you for sharing! I love what you have created...

• goodprognosis
    edited May 2018

thanks for info Baywitch.

Very creative ideas.............

GP

• feelingfeline
    edited May 2018

Hi JO-5 I am seeing you pictures (went back as far as a year ago) XXX

• LoveMyVizsla
    edited May 2018

No, the fox wasn’t afraid of me at all. Here are some of the kits. So cute!

• LoveMyVizsla
    edited May 2018

• feelingfeline
    edited May 2018

Is that an Arctic Fox family LovemyVizsia?

• MexicoHeather
    MexicoHeather Member Posts: 147
    edited May 2018

I took this photograph at Busch Gardens, Tampa.

• wren44
    edited May 2018

Very nice! I like the new version.

• wren44
    edited May 2018

I know what you mean. Unfortunately with watercolor, I have to just start over from scratch.

• LoveMyVizsla
    edited May 2018

Feeling Feline, no, not Arctic Foxes. These are in Washington State.

• feelingfeline
    edited May 2018

LOL (As you are closer to the Arctic than me, thought you might happen to have been on hols Loopy)

WA foxes are such a different colour from foxes in Ireland.

Irish fox cubs and adults are both are the same colour as this adult one below (this was taken near my house when the fox happened to pass through my front garden, not an everyday occurence)

• feelingfeline
    edited May 2018

JO what a lovely re-working of the wreath, the flowers reflect the colours on the bird.

• feelingfeline
    edited May 2018

JO I went back a long way on another thread and noticed some photos I had uploaded were like that, eg not there. These were my own photos, like yours. Maybe the website doesn't store them indefinitely if they are your own photos they are likely to be a larger file size than some of the images just taken from the web, and maybe it is set to not store them over a certain length? Just a guess.

• poliwogli
    poliwogli Member Posts: 19
    edited May 2018

I love taking photos of a nearby lotus pond. My husband and I took photos every month for a year, through all the seasons.