Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

CALLING ALL ARTISTS- Lets make an art gallery!

Comments

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938
    edited September 2017

Ive been so sick, I havent dobe anything new. Sigh. Heres hoping I can start and finish the things I want and need to get busy on. Goid luck to all of you too.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited September 2017

Good luck and enjoy the retreat Smaarty. (I was away for a craft weekend last weekend and oh it is HARD to have to come back to all the other responsibilities of day-to-day life !!)

Moonflower I hope you are feeling better and back to creating soon. X

• feelingfeline
    edited September 2017

• lisey
    lisey Member Posts: 300
    edited September 2017

GardenNerd inspired me to try painting again. I haven't touched a canvas in about 10 years. I'm planning on donating this to an auction that saves Indian elephants from horrid lives inside temple prisons. It's 30"x20" Acryllic.

• feelingfeline
    edited September 2017

Beautiful! Best wishes to the auction raising money for the charity.

• clickchick
    clickchick Member Posts: 49
    edited October 2017

Took my first trip to Yellowstone and even though the weather was mostly terrible for photography, this coyote did strike a pose for me :)

Kelly

• feelingfeline
    edited October 2017

Beautiful.

• clickchick
    clickchick Member Posts: 49
    edited October 2017

Thank you

• QuinnCat
    QuinnCat Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2017

Feelingfeline - you need to go with that button art. I have saved some incredible button art off the web...some with just silver and gold buttons and safety pins on black cloth. You've go the knack. I'd have to look for that which I saved, but these pics I'm posting are made from hospital medical waste. My gf's husband does nail art and since he is a recently retired surgeon, I thought he would greatly appreciate this piece of art featured in the Toronto Star made from bottle stoppers, caps from needles, etc.. (Screenshots from video on Facebook)

• feelingfeline
    edited November 2017

Oh that is glorious Quinn - makes me think of Indian Art meets Van Gogh's Starry Night.

• feelingfeline
    edited November 2017

Found the video and watched it. Thanks Quinn. Putting it here in case anyone else would like to see this wonderful waste to art-with-meaning piece

• QuinnCat
    edited November 2017

Glad you found it Feeling Feline. I need to find that safety pin art for you

• QuinnCat
    edited November 2017

Feelingfeline

Button Art

Ann Carrington of London the one in here that does these lovely British royal things.. Some cool ideas in here from others to

• QuinnCat
    edited November 2017

Manhattan Skyline by Ann Carrington

this is another piece by ann carrington of the manhattan skyline sitting in the Skyline Hotel lobby in NY...all things metal:

• feelingfeline
    edited November 2017

Wow Quinn, love it! (Them) Thank you so much. Heart

• bluepearl
    bluepearl Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2017

Started this landscape quilt (I also raise tarantulas) but have to wait for cataract surgery to finish it. Boo.

• goodprognosis
    goodprognosis Member Posts: 195
    edited November 2017

bluepearl that's Fabulous!!!! How big is it?

• Jeenee
    Jeenee Member Posts: 91
    edited November 2017

Beautiful!

• Jeenee
    edited November 2017

This is amazing and a wonderful use of waste that will not end up in the ocean! Artful conservation! Gorgeous and inspiring!

• Jeenee
    edited November 2017

I am so thrilled to have found this thread and so many talented artists. BluePearl - Can't believe the detail in your quilt Amazing! Hope you can finish.

• feelingfeline
    edited November 2017

NerdyThumbsUp Jenee love your bold colours

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938
    edited November 2017

Wow! Love the quilt bluepearl! And the painting Jenee! And the button art is amazing.

No

imageimage

I did NOT make this bracelet, but wanted to show off my birthday present. It is a medical alert bracelet. With 6 lines if info on the back. I got another tag so I can bead one that will be my design, but these are simply gorgeous!

This one is from Laurens Hope. They have so many that do not look like med tags! Ok, advertisement over. BTW, I neither work for, represent, or own any of Laurens Hope. I just think they are so pretty and unusual.

• feelingfeline
    edited November 2017

Nerdy

• Sopho
    Sopho Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2017

I love that this thread exists! Art has been such an important source of self-care through this process. Love seeing everyone's art. So Awesome!

I mostly draw, but also do some needlepoint and other crafty things. Art is just a hobby for me, and it helps so much to reduce my stress.

I did my profile picture

and mostly just do detailed doodles like these:

One of my Fav lately was a (slightly NSFW) Think before you pink drawing

Here is a link to my gallery. if you are interested.

• feelingfeline
    edited December 2017

Wonderful Sopho.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925
    edited December 2017

As someone learning to draw, I'm impressed with that flower. Not easy, as I'm learning.

• Sopho
    Sopho Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2017

Wren44- it was a major accomplishment for me!

I have been learning, however, that a lot of what I thought I couldn't do with my art was the result of me giving up too early on pieces. I somehow got the impression early on that people just drew great pictures start to finish, but I started to watch more in depth process videos on art and learned that each piece has it's own development process...I was just quitting on mine during thier akward teenage phases Winking

I also started participating in art challenges. Drawing with constraints and deadlines has helped me improve greatly.

• PeppermintPatti
    PeppermintPatti Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2017

While on a CASTING FOR RECOVERY Retreat a few months ago, while standing in the Connetquot River looking to catch my first fish, I was inspired by the view. I took a photo and it made me realize why wasn't I doing more of what I love to do as in taking photos and painting! After the weekend, I found a local painting class and voila! I present my painting of "The Connetquot River". image

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925
    edited December 2017

Good for you, Patti! Have lots of fun.

• HegeKonstance
    HegeKonstance Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2017

To photograph is therapy for my soul. I wasn't allowed to submit a picture otherwise I would have done so.