Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

CALLING ALL ARTISTS- Lets make an art gallery!

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2015

Mikarae! So much beauty in your pictures! I can understand how this must help you, and thinking "tomorrow might be better"....

No-one ever knows what the future brings us...... but keeping a journal with photo's might remind us where we WERE, and look forward to another day!

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985
    edited November 2015

Mikarae thanks for sharing . Yes it speaks to us in my case it reminds me of my sister :( the same sadness on her face.

You are talented keep the great work

• mikarae
    mikarae Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2015

Thank you for the compliments and encouragement! I was reluctant to post the pictures but now I am glad I did. :)

JO-5 The second picture is of me several months after I completed chemo.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,860
    edited November 2015

Mikarae, I like that you're photographing the truth. Too many people think it's just getting a new boob job. They don't seem to get that chemo is ugly stuff.

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited November 2015

Digital watercolor. Hard to photograph without reflection or parallax. Can't find original file. New Orleans courtyard.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited November 2015

Nerdybeautiful Magdelene

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2015

This is the mirror my Daughter put together from my Grandma's China.. She glued the broken pieces on a frame, then I grouted them in, and used different ceramic pieces for the border. I glued a silver spoon in the corner that she gave me that says "I love you mom".....

I entered this in a Coors Employee Art Show in about 1990, and it won First Place! I think we won $100 ! We named it "Grandma's China.... Reflections."

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2015

This is the pattern of her dishes... Introduced in 1935... We only had a few chipped pieces though......We had every Holiday at Grandma's house! And she enjoyed setting her beautiful table! We kids got to sit at a card-table, with regular Melmac.... Ha!

Majestic Homer Laughlin Co. china

For everyday use, we had these... And they could take a beating! Winking

• feelingfeline
    edited November 2015

Recycling, Art and Love all in one! ThumbsUp

• Smurfette26
    Smurfette26 Member Posts: 269
    edited November 2015

What a lovely way to preserve your Grandma's memory Chevyboy.

• aquamarine77
    aquamarine77 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2015

I am a graphic designer and I create prints and posters, which I sell online. Here are a few, some from my books and reading collection and a couple of inspirational ones.

imageimageimage

• magdalene51
    edited November 2015
    Aquamarine, may I share a couple of those with my sister? She is the director of the library in Ketchican, Alaska. She loves that kind of thing. I'm thinking the one about reading and the one about books & friends. You can PM me if you need to add their copyright line. As a retired graphic artist I am congnizant of copyright issues.
  • hugz4u
    hugz4u Member Posts: 1,818
    edited November 2015

Oh my it's all so inspiring and who would even think to paint flamingos blue. They must be boys and pinks are girls? Hey there's a market out there for blue I am sure!

Love the garden designs

Someone guessed right. That is a dinner plate dahlia. It truly is almost as big as my head. With my dinnerplate dahlias I rarely ever keep them for myself although I would love to. I give only one to each of my sick friends as a statement that I love them. It brings them so much happiness.

• magdalene51
    edited November 2015

Here's a couple of mine. These were illustrations for a sermon series.

• hugz4u
    edited November 2015

imagenot quite a dinner plate . This dahlia is about 7 inches across . I give it to all you girls that are having hard times. Don't worry about not being able to smell it. There is no smell

• hugz4u
    edited November 2015

Magdalene. Awesome pic. Yup cancer is a Goliath ..but like David we are going to slingshot it right in the head and "Onward March"

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2015

Hah Jo! Now we know what you look like! Smile

I LOVE those Dahlia's Hugz! My only one bloomed right before the first frost! Then the next day is was "gone".... It was moved a few times, before it took a hold where it GREW! But at least it got to show me what it almost was!

Jo.... I put together a lot of bead jewelry also.... but never took pictures.... I got most of my supplies at Walmart... but gave a lot away, and kept my favorites... Mostly bracelets.

Like these! And a lot of the "spiral" wire bracelets that I could bead, from Walmart.

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,237
    edited November 2015

love the artwork and talent. I love jewelry making, crocheting and sewing. Here are three of my jewelry sets.

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited November 2015

thank you everyone....heres another....a walk on the Beach....Lake Michigan !"A Walk on the Beach "

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited November 2015

Just a couple of my photographic landscapes.

• feelingfeline
    edited November 2015

Chrissy - I'd love to know about where those photos were taken - please, please.

(Hubby got a google chromecast device and while it is booting up you see all these beautiful landscape pictures from Google+ and never any info about where in the world they are!)

• chrissyb
    edited November 2015

Hi feelingfeline, the top pic is of Cairns inlet in Queensland Australia with the mountain called the Pyramid in the center.

The second one was taken just outside my home town of Burra (South Australia) and it is of an approaching storm.

The third one is taken from my back yard and is of a winter sunrise.

• feelingfeline
    edited November 2015

Thanks. Great photos Chrissy. I especially love your shot of the bare fields before the storm, it is so dramatic and has such a beautiful perspective.

• chrissyb
    edited November 2015

They are exactly as taken......I didn't see any need to edit any of them. Thanks for your thoughts on them.

I have thousands of photographs! I tecently teturned from a six week trip to France and have about 4000 pics to go through......just can't seem to help myself.

• wren44
    edited November 2015

Chrissy, That middle photo with the storm could have been taken in my home state of Oklahoma. Similar landscape and we get those storms too. It would be a good entry into a photo contest.

• chrissyb
    edited November 2015

Thanks Wren.

• wren44
    edited November 2015

Chrissy, You should post some pics of your crochet. I'm awed at what you accomplish.

• chrissyb
    edited November 2015

A crochet Snowflake Kingsize bed cover.

A 2ply silk lace knitted shawl.

A memory quilt I made for my niece's first birthday called a 'quilt of firsts'. She was born at 22 weeks and survived with no disfunction.

• feelingfeline
    edited November 2015

Beautiful Chrissy, and what a lovely thanksgiving for your niece's happiness and health.

• Smurfette26
    Smurfette26 Member Posts: 269
    edited November 2015

Stunning work ladies Happy