Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone starting chemo August 2016?

Options

Comments

• caligirl55
    caligirl55 Member Posts: 407
    Options

Hello ladies! Well my appointment was thankfully uneventful ...just about every question was answered with "your age can cause that" at one point I wanted to smack the back of his head as he stared at the computer discussing my labs. He's very happy with my weight loss and as usual asked about my exercise. He's no buff guy himself so I might ask him about his exercise next time...say something like " how's that working for you? But I won't.

Lyn...how was your appointment and how is your pain doing? Or how are you dealing with it?

Dara... Well that stinks...how do they do a bone infusion? How was the art show?

Kelly...I agree that diet does seem exhausting. You are quite busy but they must be able to depend on you so that's good. Sorry about all the joint pain. Hope the podiatrist can help you. I still have numbness in both my feet? I had thought it was from chemo but I've wondered if it's from my T2 diabetes.

Kelley.... I sure hope you can get the right help for your daughter .. That has to be frustrating. I haven't had one MRI or scan since all my treatments were done.

Hugs

• darab
    darab Member Posts: 894
    Options

Cali, so glad to hear the uneventful report! and congrats on the weight loss. I get so tired of doctors asking about my exercise, especially when every step still hurts! I'm going to try pilates. I have a friend who does a class at a local hospital for women cancer survivors. and I know I need to strengthen my whole body.

I had the infusion of ReClast yesterday. It's not really bad, just done with IV and I was in and out in about 2 hours. Not real side-effects except a mild headache. I read in my report that based on my deja-scan, I"m 8 times more likely to fracture something than the average person.

The show was awesome but so exhausting! Another woman and myself sold $1700 worth in 5 hours. It's really fun, but I'm thinking of trying to switch to more online and just do 1-2 live shows. It takes too long to recover after the show.

So are you all starting to plan for Thanksgiving? I hate to say it, but may be having it at my house this year. Everyone brings things, but getting ready is still a lot!

• vlh
    vlh Member Posts: 768
    Options

Ajbclan, that must be such a difficult situation as a parent. My heart goes out to you and her. I hope the AI break and splint help. My friend loved the wax treatments she got after a hand injury. My stupid lymphedema has gotten worse so I'm trying to be more conscientious about using my plump and sleeve.

Kechla, green paste...yum! The diet sounds tough. Is it designed to specifically be anti-inflammatory? I did well with meal planning and cooking for a couple of weeks. Then work got busy and I found myself in that blasted cycle where pain and fatigue make me crave the wrong foods and eating the wrong foods makes my pain and fatigue worse. Grrr! Are you doing OK with the "A" drug?

Dara, I'm so sorry about the osteoporosis. I take Vitamin D3, but not calcium. I think being chubby is supposed to be somewhat protective vs. being slender, one of the few times that works to one's advantage. Tell us about the show!

Cali, how did it go with the exam? My lump had receded by the time I got to the oncologist. Based on the location, she thought it was likely an irritated tendon, which makes sense because it's heavy shredding season and I've done lots of brushing. Six Sunday newspaper bags full of dog hair send still more to go. I still need to have my mammogram done.

Hugs to All,

Lyn

• caligirl55
    Options

Hello ladies! Hope all is well.

Dara...your show sounds like it went great but I understand it must be a lot of work. You will be busy with thanksgiving at your place. Get some rest before

Lyn... You are sounding busy too. Make sure and get that mammogram done girlie.

I was disappointed with my levels with this Type 2 diabetes ... I've tried so hard to bring them down with diet and exercise but I finally had to be put on a low dose medication and a cholesterol Rx... So there I am with tons of meds each day. Oh well at least I'm feeling good.

Hope you all have a Blessed Thanksgiving season 🍁🍂🍁

Hugs 😘

• vlh
    Options

Dara, have you tried Pilates yet? I somehow missed the note where you'd reported that your show was financially rewarding, but exhausting. I'm glad your infusion wasn't too troublesome. You're a brave woman to host Thanksgiving! I'm supposed to go to my best friend's...well, technically, her mother's house, but my friend does the cooking as her mom is 99 years old! Only in recent months has she experienced a serious decline in health. Like you, she's an artist, but her favorite media is watercolor. I have received two of her photos as gifts and they are among the few material things I would desperately want to save if I ever had to leave the house suddenly as we see so many people doing in scary disaster scenarios.

What are your favorite holiday dishes? I'm taking dessert so may try a cheesecake in my newish Instant Pot. I'll definitely make / buy something else as a Plan B since all I've made in the Pot so far is goulash and steel cut oats. My 20+ year old oven is quirky and my blasted herniated disc screams at me if I stand for long so I don't do much cooking or baking. I still have two free grocery deliveries available from a nearby store so will be working on a mega list. It's so much handier to have them brought to my front door. No lugging stuff in from the garage, hoping that my neuropathized feet don't catch stepping over the threshold. And, of course, I carry a ridiculous number of bags rather than make extra trips. Ladies, do the rest of you do that?

Cali, I got my bosom squishing appointment made for next month, leftie only this time. I had to push it out a few weeks because of schedule conflicts on my side and wanting to go when my favorite radiologist will be there. She's the one who mapped my scar tissue via ultrasound plus, at the risk of sounding sexist, I'm simply more comfortable with a woman when it comes to my breasts and lady parts. I hope things are quiet with the family matters.

Hugs to All, Lyn

• caligirl55
    Options

I hope all of you are having a blessed Christmas Season! Wether you have been blessed or if you are blessing someone else in need is the ticket to the season.

Lyn I'm glad you have your smooching appointment 💗

My daughters court dat after many postponements went well she has sole custody and he has every other weekend visits along with Wednesday' dinners. This is all she wanted. They kept her restraining order against him for a year and she does not have to pay spousal support. Yay!!

Hugs 😘

• vlh
    Options

Cali, the court decisions are an amazing Christmas gift! That must be such a relief for you and your family.

I had to delay my smooshing appointment due to a cold. It's a good thing that I rarely get colds because I'm a big baby when I do succumb. Poor, pitiful me...wah, wah, WAH!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season and that 2020 is kind to all of you!

Lyn

• darab
    Options

Happy Holidays to all of you. We're now 3 years out and what a difference from that Christmas just a few years ago! We had a wonderful day yesterday, but my husband had been down with a respiratory virus, so had to celebrate with the rest of the family. He's on the mend and we just learned he's anemic which is why he wasn't getting his energy back.

Lyn, my son gave me an Instant Pot which I've been wanting for quite a while so am looking forward to trying out a few recipes. Let me know if the cheesecake turned out!

Hope the new year bring health and happiness to you all. I'm so thankful to have gone through the C experience with you and look forward to a good new year!

Love, Dara PS, here's a picture from our small intimate gathering yesterday! :-) I'm the one behind the camera LOL

• vlh
    Options

WOW! That's quite a gathering, Dara! The cheesecake was yummy...at least the three slices I had before I decided to move it to the freezer and it landed face down on the floor. I was so proud of myself for getting it safely out of the Instant Pot and springform frame, but now know that the little guy (used a 7" pan) can't be trusted to stay on a plate while still on the pan base.

I hope the hubby is feeling better. I'm on Day 10 of my cold and it's become very annoying. I rarely get a cold, but they seem to linger when they do attack. With feeling crummy and the holidays, I've not rescheduled my mammogram. A reminder has been added to my calendar.

Lyn

• caligirl55
    Options

Happy New Year 🎉

Dara ... That is quite a large group you got there....but I'm sure y'all had lots of fun.

Lyn...hope you are feeling all better and glad you didn't reschedule your mammogram.

We had a nice Christmas season. Christmas Eve we all went to the Candlelight service at church then back to my daughter Ashley's for Tamale dinner and a gift exchange game. Christmas was prime rib at my folks house and some Bonfire s'mores for the girlies after they returned from dinner with dad. We had to play some games later on to end up the night.

I hope everyone is well. I wondered about what kind of follow up some of you have had since our all clear diagnosis?? I have never had any scans besides mammograms and a couple ultra sounds...

Hugs

• darab
    Options

Cali, I think I gave the saga of my last mammon's... My nipple on breast has permanently inverted. After my regular mammograms and US, my surgeon scheduled a breast MRI. I did show a couple of abnormal areas, but believed to be benign. the surgeon scheduled another MRI in Feb. for me to watch it carefully. I really think the "nipple gone AWOL" is due to the incision which is very close. I keep checking and there is no change in the tissue. I find I just don't worry about it, and other things give me more food for thought.

Lyn, hope your cold is better now. My husband is finally feeling better. The bugs this year are really bad. Take care all and hope your year is good so far!

Hi to everyone else!

Dara

• vlh
    Options

Hi, Ladies!

Cali, your Christmas sounds really nice. I had never heard of tamales as a traditional Christmas food item until moved to the desert southwest in the 1980s. Beyond mammograms, the only scans I've had to rule out cancer since treatment concluded were a chest X-ray and CT scan because I had a couple of small lung masses disclosed during my baseline studies prior to chemo. They hadn't grown 6 months later so were assumed to be the benign spots that many of us have in our lungs, even as non-smokers.

Dara, keep us posted on the misbehaving nipple. I have my rescheduled mammogram on Friday. My cold dragged on for three weeks and I've continued to have problems with nasty allergies since then.

I hope the rest of the group checks in soon.

Lyn

• caligirl55
    Options

Morning ladies! I am enjoying my 3 day weekend. I really can't wait to retire at the end of the school year. Praying it all works out since my benifits are so good we hate the cost of paying for it ourselves.

Dara & Lyn... The colds this season have been bad at work...since I'm at an elementary health office I see it all. Flu season thank heavens has not hit us hard ...yet 🤒

Lyn... Let us know how that mammogram appointment goes.

I think we have lost a lot of our group members on this site ... Hope they are all well.

Hugs 😘

• kechla
    kechla Member Posts: 181
    Options

Hi Ladies. Sorry it's been so long since checking in. Work continues to be extremely busy, but there is light at the end of the tunnel and I'm hoping to see some relief by the end of February.

We tried to take a trip to San Diego over Christmas, but it was not meant to be. We sat on the plane for about 3 hours before we were asked to deplane and reschedule (mechanical issues). Since it was 12/23, there were no good alternatives to get there without losing a couple days of our vacation. We are going to reschedule for another time. We ended up driving to Chicago and going to a few shows. Still fun, but not quite the same. Jim and I have a trip to Hawaii planned for February and I'm very excited about that. Also looking to plan a trip with the kids over summer.

Scans? I had a PET scan a while back because I was having back pain (all clear). But otherwise, I do not have any checkups other than my 6 mo appts with my onc. nurse.

My joint pain continues to be very bad and I nearly fell down the stairs at work this week due to pain in my knee. Very scary. I have gone to PT to try to strengthen and I do feel I am getting stronger, but still the pain continues. I went off my med (tamoxifen) and did not find any relief. I am now back on med (anastrazol), so that could possibly be contributing, but I feel that it is likely not the only issue. I really need to lose about 30 lbs, but since I've had my hysterectomy and on this dang medicine, the lbs are incredibly stubborn.

My husband has been struggling lately as he was recently diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis. It is a bladder disease that causes ulcers inside the bladder. Very painful. There is no known cure, but we have been throwing a lot at it to try to get the pain under control. He has changed his diet, taking a med that is supposed to help rebuilt the lining, added some supplements, and tried a steroid injection. He is finding some relief finally this week, so now we just have to figure out what is helping... Keeping fingers crossed that it is sustainable.

Wishing you all well. :)

Kelly

• vlh
    Options

Good to see you, Kelly! I'm sorry that the San Diego trip didn't work out. I visited family between Thanksgiving and Christmas because flying around the major holidays is always so tricky. By shows, do you mean theatrical productions? I recently watched an encore performance of "Jesus Christ Superstar" on PBS and was reminded how much I liked it. Don't you hate the dilemma where you need to lose weight and tone up, but joint and muscle pain make it so challenging? 😟

The Interstitial Cystitis sounds horrible. I'm so sorry that your husband has had to deal with that. Fingers fully crossed for continued relief.

Cali, nothing suspicious on the mammogram. I think I have two more before hopefully going back to annual testing. Having to hold my arm up on the side view left my encapsulated shoulder cranky, but now it's done for another six months.

Hugs to All,

Lyn

• caligirl55
    Options

Happy February ❤️

Kelly ... Good to hear from you. Hope your work slows down soon. So sorry for your hubby's pain that sounds bad. Your calendar of trips for the year sounds good to me. Aloha 🌺

Lyn...glad you got that mammogram done for now. Too bad it was uncomfortable for you but they haven't invented a better procedure.

One of my bible study friends is in the middle of her radiation. She has burns which brought back painful memories ... When my burns split my armpit open. So thankful I am not in the middle of that. So all we can do is support others and deal with our achy bodies now.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday 🏈 We will be heading to a party this afternoon ... Not a big fan but love the food, family and friends time 🏈 Go Niners!!

Hugs 😘

• darab
    Options

Hi all. Kelly glad to hear most things are good with you. I too have a great deal of back pain, and reinsured shoulder when I grabbed onto a large trash can to avoid falling. God getting older is not for sissies!!! I see my oncologist tomorrow and then have to go back on Tuesday for another breast MRI. Not worried about anything though... I think all will be fine.

I've been super busy with pottery again. My son gave me a new kiln that was donated to him and it's super nice and can be programmed so I have more options. I'll have another show/sale April 4 so trying to gear up for that. I'm just so thankful that I have this in my life. I just love it and it gives me something else to focus on instead of pains, labs, or doctors!

Kelly, which island are you going to? Our favorite is Hawaii, with Maui a second choice. Have a wonderful time!

Other Kelly, Lyn and anyone else, take care. Would also love to hear about some of those we don't see anymore. Love, Dara

• ajbclan
    ajbclan Member Posts: 396
    Options

I keep thinking I'll read through everyones comments and respond, and then I get side tracked. I'm here! Will seriously do it soon! I want to connect, but always feel like I need to "pay attention" before I write lol.

Shea's turning 17 on Thursday....so maybe after the "hoop-la" this week. Thinking of you all....Kelly B.

• vlh
    Options

Good to see you, ajbclan! Is Shea a junior? Don't worry about responding to everyone's notes if you can't easily view them. Just check in and say "Howdy"!

Dara, everything OK with the MRI? The kiln sounds spiffy. It's great that you have a creative outlet that can generate an income.

Chronic pain...grr-r-r-r! My good shoulder is deteriorating, which is really annoying. My kitchen has very limited storage space and I need to be able to reach the top shelf of my cupboards without hauling out a step stool, especially with the stupid neuropathy in my feet affecting my balance.

Cali, was the Super Bowl party fun? Everything calm and peaceful with your daughter?

Kechla, is your husband feeling better? I hope the trip to Hawaii is / was wonderful.

Ohmigosh, y'all, I got in a fight with my lymphedema pump garments the other night! I do the compression treatment at bedtime and typically fall asleep reading while all the squeezing action happens. I usually wake up when the treatment concludes, remove the garments, out them on the extra laundry hamper and promptly fall back asleep. I vaguely remember struggling to get the garments off with the velcro from the upper torso garment grabbing the lower one. When I woke up in the morning, the garments were thrown in a heap in the corner behind the laundry hamper. I clearly threw quite a tantrum! 😁

Hugs, Lyn

• caligirl55
    Options

Morning! Hope you all are well. I thought I had responded a week ago but see I didn't. The super bowl party was fun. The Niners lost but no biggy. I thought the half time was racy but what do I know? Im just not into crotch grabbing while dancing.

Dara ...how were your appointments? I have not had one MRI since treatment.

Lyn.. You are funny with you garment fight. How are you doing otherwise Rocky??

I had a couple of my biopsies come back positive at the dermatologist so had to have a little surgery done. The bigger spot was in my left armpit. While holding my arm up over my head as I layed there it got sore and I said this reminds me of my radiation days..she stopped and said she didn't know I had radiation and that causes more than normal skin cancer spots like mine of basal cell or squamous cell. Another thing I learned about our lovely treatments....but it beats the cancer taking over.

Kelly B. We love when you just check in.

Hugs 😘

• ajbclan
    Options

HI! All is well here I guess lol. Shea turned 17....mellow birthday- went to Ruby's Diner for dinner (I think it was because we always went there when she was little) just us and my mother in law. Then my girlfriend and her 17 year old daughter flew down from the Sacramento area for the weekend. She owed her kid a disney trip from a couple years prior. So we had purchased some "discounted" passes for the girls for the weekend. They seemed to have a great time so that was a relief. Shea tends to find the "un fun" in anything "fun" lol. She's been struggling more with the migraines and we had a short fight with the 3rd party that does our pharmaceutical insurance. They decided after about 9 months of injections of a med, that Shea's too young for the drug. Her Dr appealed and we won, but still took a couple of weeks to get ahold of it. So hoping things mellow out for her. It's just a bad combo having a teenager and one with a health issue that's chronic. Tends to consume my world at times.

Kelly/Kechla- so sorry about your trip! Seriously can be more than disappointing...but I hope that you got off ok in February and that your husband is still on the upswing. I took about a month off of Arimedex and went to PT to ward off a trigger thumb and hand joint pain (I'm getting knee as well, but I know that's more of a combo). Went on Letrozole and I noticed recently that my hands a way better. Crazy. I don't have any scans and no blood work. It's a bit weird, but I think they just go with how you feel. I really got the point of moving and exercise and how beneficial it is. I listened to a book recently by a former Navy Seal- David Goggins called "Can't Hurt Me". He has a very interesting back story and yes- can come across crazy regarding what he puts himself through. BUT....I really got one of the take aways of how our thoughts really control us. How we have to overcome those negative thoughts and "callus" the mind as he calls it. One thing that stuck is how he said our mind will always go to what's easy (out and walk or sit on the couch....ok I'll sit on the couch lol). Anyways enjoyed listening to it and one day I did while on a hike. He inspired me a bit too much and I went farther than I should and my knees and hamstrings were way to stiff and painful for weeks. I tried to keep moving though over the weeks and I can tell it's helped.

Cali/Dara- we really need to try and meet for lunch some day! Lyn- your stories are so funny....thank you.

• caligirl55
    Options

Hello ladies 😍 how are you all doing with the Corona virus craze... we in California are under shelter in aka house arrest. There are some of us that were still working all last week. Now I am on call since apparently I can work from home 🤔 I am not sure if sick and wounded students are going to show up at my porch 🤷🏼♀️ But I will be there when needed. I am so blessed to still be being paid through this craziness of the unknown.

Kelly B. Raising a teenager can be trying and one with health issues makes it doubly challenging. Not to mention dealing with your own health issues. Slow it down girl when out hiking. I do believe I feel better when I get out and walk at least once a day. I guess our California meet up will be in the future. Now I have time to visit but we can’t.

Hugs 😘

• kechla
    Options

Hello all. I am now working from home during the C19 pandemic as are all of my companies office workers. Sales is grounded. Production is still going (as we are in the feed/food sector). I have quite the setup in my downstairs bedroom...

Jim and I DID make it to Hawaii (Maui). We got back just as things were starting to happen in the US. Hawaii was beautiful. We did a snorkeling excursion to Molokini crater, went to Lahaina for some shopping/restaurants, had lunch with a cousin who happened to be over there at the same time, did the road to Hana, and hung out by the pool a lot. Also, attempted a hike along the ocean and got caught in a monsoon about a mile out. We were making our way back along the lava (which is both slippery and sharp at the same time!) and the rain was pelting us. Ahhh... Good times! :) That said the hike was still beautiful and fun.

Jim is feeling better, but not great. He had a procedure done to inject the ulcers with steroids. He has also tried about a half dozen other things including supplements, an AIP diet, and restricting all acidic foods/drinks. His symptoms are starting to return, so he is playing with some of the things he's tried to see what is most effective. I'm just hoping that the symptoms hold off until it is safe to go out in public again. It's scary right now to go to a hospital.

I am still fighting joint pain and am considering switching from Anastrazol to another medicine to see if any improvement. I feel like I will have the pain regardless, but I do think the medication is contributing. Waiting for my Dr. to call me back...

Kelly, I have a junior in HS as well. How is she doing with schools being out and missing out on events? Ashley is doing ok, but has gotten a little teary at times with the things that are being cancelled. School for her is out for another 3 weeks. Adam is schooling from home starting yesterday and through the end of the semester (ISU is online only now). We still need to get to campus to move him out.

Lyn, your garment battle cracked me up! :) Do you find that they do a good job normally? I still get some mild lymphedema in my right arm and torso from time to time. Usually lymphatic massage will work it out in a few days.

Dara, sorry to hear about your shoulder. I hope it is feeling better. That is so cool that you have your own kiln. I would love to see pictures of your work space.

Cali, sorry you are under house arrest. Hopefully, you can find something rewarding to work on with your time. My daughter is currently teaching herself some songs on piano (she's had a few basic lessons) and also learning ukelele.

I just saw an ad today for Broadway HD - 7 day free trial. I think we'll try it out and watch a few from home. Too bad, no Hamilton though. Although I hear that is coming out in the theater in the next year. I'm obsessed with it and listen to the soundtrack at least once a week.

Wishing you all to stay healthy and safe in the coming weeks.

Kelly

• ajbclan
    Options

Hi All! In some ways this feels like chemo time. Avoiding others in the hopes of staying well. We are in calif as well....so shelter in place. Still seems like lots out driving. Shea (daughter) and I do a daily run to the local drive thru Starbucks. I've been going to some stores, but today paying more attention to staying in. My friend works at the local hospital and she wrote this today: "I can tell you that this is serious and you and your families are all better off bored at home. Trust me when I say you don't want this. You don't want anyone to have this. They are all dying alone because no visitors are allowed and my heart is breaking. Stay at home." She also said they are reporting the deaths but it's not getting out to the public at this point- so she's frustrated on top of it all (she's a nurse). So I went and sanitized door nobs etc again. Started to clean the bathrooms, but not super motivated.

My 17 year old has run the gamut. She already had some anxiety/depression issues along with her health. She is still talking to her therapist weekly, and is on a Zoom call right now with her theater group from school. I think that makes her happier. She's wanting another cat (she didn't spend enough time with the first one lol)....so that's another "issue" lol. I officially started her on gluten free diet yesterday to try and help with all of her stuff. Besides the headaches, there's documentation on the brain connection and mood disorders. worth a shot.

I started a class! I heard on Good Morning America about online college classes for free. This is one that's one of the top classes at Yale, and you can do the free option. Check it out- or you can learn all kinds of things. https://www.coursera.org/learn/the-science-of-well...

So something new. Something different....trying to better myself.

I spoke to soon when I said my joint pain was better....coming back. My knees are really bothering me today which is frustrating. Getting the night hand pain/stiffness again too. Ugh.

Thinking of you all!! Kelly B.

• kechla
    Options

Kelly,

I am going off Anastrazol today for 4 weeks to see if I notice a difference in the joint pain. Also, my doctor recommends 2100 mg of omega 3 per day. Specifically recommended OceanBlue Professional omega 3 2100. Said the omega 3 in high dose helps to counter the AI and helps with joint pain. Hoping for some relief... Thought I’d share

Kelly

• vlh
    Options

Greetings, Peeps!

Dara, check in when you get a minute.

How's the poor pit doing, Cali? Given my blasted frozen shoulder, I've been lucky that my skin cancers have been in places that were easy for the doctors to access without any gymnastics. How's it been working from home? Being paid during the chaos is definitely a nice perk! My "mature" vehicle failed the state inspection so my expected $200-$300 routine maintenance exploded into a $2,000 repair and I just lost a teaching assignment because I can't work from home. (More about that below.)

Kelly / Kechla, same question to you. I'm so glad that you made it to Hawaii before life became so crazy, but YIKES on the monsoon hike! I hope that Jim can hang in there. I almost wiped out just being clumsy and breathed a sigh of relief that I caught myself because you're right...this is NOT the time to land in the hospital. My heart goes out to everyone starting chemo now. It's scary enough under the best of circumstances, but having one's immune system compromised right now must be especially frightening. The lymphedema pump does help although I actually see a more pronounced change in arm volume with a compression sleeve. Unfortunately, both treatments are temporary and the stupid arm swelling returns quite rapidly. Speaking of swelling, ladies, I have eaten more junk food in the past few weeks than I normally would in six months. And, of course, the gym and pool are closed. Now, street construction has my sidewalk ripped up so I am not only serenaded by heavy equipment 8-11 hours per day, but my Shepherd girl and I can't even do our usual jaunt to the mail box safely. Since schools are closed, she and I may zip over in the car to do a little walking in the parking lot where we can easily comply with social distancing. This will be tough for Ashley as a junior, but I can't imagine finishing out one's senior year without any of the usual celebrations, orientation visits to college, etc. How was the Broadway - HD? I got a free month of Hulu. I got
    caught up on "The Handmaid's Tale." I just finished Margaret Atwood's
    sequel so being refreshed on the original story helped my understanding
    of the characters in the more recently published novel. Keep us posted on the impact of the medication change.

ajbclan / Kelly B., it does feel a bit like chemo again, doesn't it? I hope the dietary change helps your daughter. I can't imagine dealing with chronic health issues at such a young age. BOO to the knee and hand pain! I've noticed when my Ring camera catches me moving that I've started turning my right foot out. What in the H-E-double hockey sticks is up with that nonsense? The Coursera class sounds interesting. I took one of their free classes. It was on canine reproduction so not one with super broad appeal. Yeah, some of us crazy dog people have a burning desire to learn about heat cycles and undescended testicles and such. :-D

Not only am I eating way too much, but I'm drifting into my Fibromyalgia pattern of staying up way too late and sleeping in. I sent myself a link to this very appropriate Zumba video so hope to give it a whirl tomorrow. Who's with me?

Hugs to All, Lyn

• darab
    Options

Sorry all, I've thought of you all often, but inundated with Facebook and Instagram and it slipped my mind. I'm fine and staying put like everyone here. It does feel like we're going through treatment again. We're having everything delivered which is fine, but I'm just feeling a bit claustrophobic. I get out and walk our dog daily which will hopefully help with my bone density and then I can still work on pottery which has totally saved my sanity! I really miss seeing the grandkids but FaceTime when we can. My son, daughter, and daughter-in-law are all teachers so now working with distance learning from both perspectives, teacher and parent. It's hard but so far all are healthy. My son-in-law is a Captain with Orange County Fire and has been told to have a plan because there's every chance he will get it. I'm trying to help sew some face masks our local hospital. My next door neighbor is a nurse there and supplies are pretty scarce. Will try to check in more often. Glad our little group is still hanging in! Love to you all and stay well! Dara

• caligirl55
    Options

Morning ladies! I'm starting to feel like I'm in the movie Ground Hog.. doing things in the same order each day with no real changes at all.

Kelly..so glad you got to go to Hawaii before all this C19 stuff shattered our normal. HopefullyJim can find the right combination of things to feel better.

Kellyy B...I agree with the chemo isolation feeling the same as we were back then. During my good days between chemo treatments since I was home alone for days and days I would get in my car grab a Starbucks and then drop off my husbands dry cleaning at the drive up curb. Those girls at the dry cleaners were my cheer leaders encouraging me through my treatments and worried about me when i didnt show up.

Lyn...I am going to check out that Zumba class. Watch out for those torn up streets. Sorry you still get swelling and soreness.

Dara...you seem to be keeping busy and that's the best for sure.

I have kept busy cleaning out stuff I haven't for years. Louie and I walk each day ...so this week I trip and can't catch myself so I fly and land on my knees and right hand... I can't even blame it on a pretty slippery Hawaiian trail just a raised bit of concrete. My knees were swollen and bruised and we laughed over it for a couple days. They still hurt. Hopefully no one caught it on their Ring doorbell. We still see our granddaughters because we do the visitation switches. My daughter is doing great. Her boyfriend proposed in January and they planned a reception in June after going to the courthouse to get married. Now the vinue has cancelled which meansthey have decided to elope soon. They are both teachers & are working from home. We just love Trevor after her years of horrible with the ex. My son in Vegas is off work for now but doing well with his family. My other son works at a local hospital and they are ready for the big battle of C19 but so far no real crowds or crazy. We hope it stays that way. I'm embarressed to say my hubby and I succumbed to the Netflix Tiger King shows...this is when you know you have reached a new low....Haha it was bazaar entertainment . Y'all take care and stay safe.

Hugs😘

• vlh
    Options

Dara, it mist bee so scary to have a family member on the front lines in this battle. I really, REALLY hate not being able to get delivery due to the street construction. It's now been over three months. The FaceTime option is nice since you can't be together in person.

Cali, how are the knees? I've been binge watching "Sons of Anarchy" on Hulu so have resisted the Tiger King frenzy thus far. I gave the Zumba video a try and discovered that I can't mirror dance steps at all any more. It will take some time to nail the choreography, but the music is fun and upbeat. Even if I just march around, it's better than sitting on my arse. I think I need a puppy to force myself to get moving and excited about life again.

Lyn

• caligirl55
    Options

Hello everyone! Hope all are well and staying in as much as possible. If I wasn't able to get out and walk each day I think I would go crazy. With our rain off and on we have had the most beautiful clouds and blue sky which is very rare in the central California area specially the valley where everyone's smog settles.

Lyn ... I would hate to not get deliveries. Sometimes the Amazon delivery person is the most excitement we have besides our walk. I agree just the music helps me get moving around. When my granddaughters come over they get Alexa going and we have a dance party right in the kitchen. I love it.

Speaking of love my Ashley has been seeing Trevor since last August and they were going to get married this next summer. Since they are both teachers they have been off work and together a lot.... and...There venue for a small reception had postponed everything and they had already gotten a license before city hall closed down....so.... They had a photographer friend take some beautiful pictures of everyone at a secluded area in the foothills and the the next week they came over to our house and were officially married ...another reason for a kitchen dance party ❤️ I will post pictures.

Hugs 😘