Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone starting chemo August 2016?

Options
1636465666769»

Comments

• darab
    darab Member Posts: 894
    Options

hi all, I was just watching the Today show and they had a doctor on who said she joined Breastcancer.org for support after her diagnosis and I was reminded how much all of you helped me get through one of the hardest times of my life. Thank you!!

I’m still hanging in with my back but have resigned myself to the fusion. I see the neurosurgeon again Nov 11 and will set a date then. Lynn, my grandson is adjusting to New Mexico. I talk to him weekly and can see small incremental changes in his behavior. He still fights the placement but it is quite remarkable. Reactive Attachment Disorder is such a challenge for everyone. Hope you’re able to get some relief with your hip. I certainly empathize with a body that doesn’t want to cooperate!

Kelly, I think the empty nest syndrome is a myth perpetuated by kids lol🤣 I am thankful though that my kids and grandkids are close enough that I can see them often.

Need to go but will check back soon. Love to all of you!💗 Dara

• ajbclan
    ajbclan Member Posts: 396
    Options

Ok- I still think part of our "problem" posting is we feel like we need to address everyone lol, which is my issue as well. I don't even have the energy to see when I last posted haha. Obviously, it's been a while since Dara's last posting in Oct. I'm still digesting how we got to 5 years. Funny thing- I had a friend randomly say "Hi" and how are you and what kind of cancer did you have? I was like, huh lol. Wait hmmmm what did I have! Took me a hot minute or two, which I guess is a blessing- forgetting this stuff while we can. My boss was diagnosed recently and happens to see my dr's. This friend's sister and another friend of mine literally got a report from an MRI that said "no signs of invasive carcinoma" and then "invasive carcinoma". Which is it?!! She said her Dr said it was a weird way to write it. Yeah no- have them re-do it!

What's happening here: Shea is finishing up her first semester at community college, and just finished being the choreographer for the high school musical. I went to the final show to support her and was surprised when she decided to join the ensemble and appeared on stage for a number. I told her if I wasn't wearing a mask, she would have seen the largest smile ever!

Adam has been retired now for over a month. He has stated he's bored, but I remind him I can start writing the list of things that need to be done lol. He definitely has mellowed, so it's a good thing for sure overall for everyone. I'm still working, riding the public buses. I'm ok with the mask-wearing and not as paranoid of the germs, but just got my booster and flu shot so I'm as ready as possible lol. It does get "old" but I can't beat working when I want to.

Dara- curious if you have a date scheduled for surgery? Kelly- give us some updates, Cali? Lynn- did you make the trip? Getting to the Y?

I'm not exercising as much as I'd like, I don't seem to do it when I work. The Echelon bike has definitely been a blessing- getting a good workout as consistently as possible and my knees don't hurt!

Lots of love to you all......

• darab
    Options

I think it's a good sign that we're not posting a lot! I went to go onto Pinterest and the bookmark for here was right before this one, so popped in.

My surgery date was set for Jan 10, but they called last week to say they needed to push it out 2 weeks for two priority patients. I guess that means they're in worse shape than me! And of course, who knows what will happen with Covid by then? I figure everything happens for a reason and there's nothing I can do about the change anyway! I'm staying busy with a little bit of pottery, but can't do a lot right now. I've also gotten hooked on a FB group called holiday baking (I've never done much baking at Christmas, but am enjoying making a couple kinds of cookies and fudge.

Cali, my grandson is now at a residential facility in Georgia. We're all hoping it's only temporary until he can be admitted to a Reactive Attachment Disorder facility in Montana. It's hard on everyone, but we just hope he can improve enough to have some additional options.

I hope everyone is doing well this holiday season and enjoying family and friends. After the pandemic, I don't think I'll ever take relationships for granted!

Take care all and Merry Christmas! Love to all, Dara

• caligirl55
    caligirl55 Member Posts: 407
    Options

Hello to you all … I had my old iPad crash and I couldn’t get into this website. Today was my Oncologist appointment and I decided to try to figure out what my password was and get into my account .. finally tonight I got in. My visit with DO was good. He wants to continue seeing me twice a year till 10 years good. I completely enjoy being retired but I’m so busy. I got covid the end of August and since I had my vaccines they kept thinking I had allergies or finally thought it was a sinus infection. I was going to sub at my old school so I had to test and darn if I wasn’t positive 😲 the worst was my fatigue. I have subbed of and on since recovering but last week with the covid cases on the rise I decided to take a break. I’m helping my daughter with her 2 week old baby girl Rory who came 5 weeks early, helping with my mom who has dementia and was just diagnosed with colon cancer and my step-dad was in the hospital last week with pneumonia and a blood clot in his lung. So if I’m around all these fragile family members helping them I don’t need to bring any germs in with me.
    My daughter in law had her radioactive test and at this point everything was clear of cancer where her thyroid was removed. Which is wonderful news.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy!

Hugs

• ajbclan
    Options

Hi Everyone-

Well first- I'm not liking the changes to this website lol, I can't find anything! I've had 2 bosses now diagnosed with BC and going through treatment, and now another friend who just found out hitting the chemo route. I was trying to look up what chemo I had (have to love that I don't actually remember!). For me, moving along ok. I see my oncologist on Tuesday of next week. I'm pretty sure she'll take me off of the letrozole and I'm honestly nervous about losing my 1 last ammo against cancer. I know I had "no evidence of disease" but I don't trust those little bastard cells. I do have osteopenia so I know she's balancing that. My husband retired at the end of December, he's still trying to find his way. I told him I can write him a honey do list anytime lol. My daughter is doing fairly well at community college and has been helping with the high school theater program and still seems to thrive in that arena.

Cali you have a lot on your plate! Dara- did you end up with surgery? Lyn- miss your voice here! Kelly/Kechla- I'm sure you're busy would love to hear how you're doing as well.

• vlh
    vlh Member Posts: 768
    Options

Greetings All!

Sorry that I fell off the planet. I turned into a recluse with all the COVID stuff and withdrew physically, emotionally and, to some extent, digitally. I'm trying to emerge from my hermit status.

Cali, I hope you haven't had any long-term issues from your bout with COVID. To my surprise, my Moderna booster reactivated the neuropathy in my right arm & hand. We need to be careful about linking cause-and-effect, but the condition was stable for 4 years, then popped up 11.5 hours after the shot. It ebbs and flows, but the numbness in my fingertips has never returned to its pre-shot status.

Boy, you have a lot of family challenges as a member of the "sandwich" generation. Are you enjoying retirement? How are your mother, step-dad and daughter-in-law?

Ajbclan, what happened with your hormone treatment? I understand your reluctance to give it up, but know it's been difficult for you. Has your husband adapted to retirement? How is your daughter? What are her plans for the summer?

I'm overdue for my onccology appointment. I've seen the GI doctor, Ear/Nose/Throat Doc and General Physician, just rescheduled the dermatologist and rheumatologist, need to have a dental cleaning and may be working a ton this summer so have struggled to make myself set yet another appointment. When I finally get 'er done, I hope I'll finally get promoted to annual instead of semi-annual visits.

Hope everyone will check in soon!

Hugs, Lyn

• caligirl55
    Options

Hello Ladies ~ wow it took me forever to find our site again. Life is busy but I think of you all because it is coming up on our 6th anniversary for our chemo nightmare. My family is all enjoying the baby granddaughter who just turned 4 months. My daughter in law is still suffering lots of depression since her thyroid was removed. Her year recheck came back clear of cancer .. yay!! My mom had her colon cancer surgery in April where they removed part of her colon, small intestine & 33 lymph nodes. She has suffered with the side effects from the anesthesia on her dementia and she is just doing better. So thankful for her caregiver. My step dad is still having lung problems but being treated for everything.

ajbclan I agree I don’t like the new changes to our site. Your daughter seems to be doing well .. I’m so glad. As far as hubby he does need that honey do list. Mine got bored and now does handyman work helping people all the time. I love it 😀

Lyn .. I’m so glad to see you found us and your back. Glad you are joining the outside world again. You got this girlie 😉

I am thinking this next oncologist visit in July my doctor will move me to once a year instead of twice a year. It’s like my security blanket.

Hope we can keep on touch with each other!

Hugs, Vicki aka Caligirl

• caligirl55
    Options

Hello Ladies .. I guess it’s good sign people aren’t posting much anymore. It takes me forever to find our site each time 🤷🏼♀️

Coming up on my 6 years since diagnosed so I was thinking about how much our group helped me through the worst part of my treatment.

Hugs

• vlh
    Options

This group was an amazing support. wasn't it? 🙂

Cali, how are your parents doing? I only had 3 nodes removed and managed to get lymphedema. I can't imagine having 33 removed.

No news to share. I just wanted to check in. Hope everyone else will do the same!

Lyn

• caligirl55
    Options

Lyn … I’m so glad everyone is doing well. I had my oncologist appointment this morning & I don’t have to go back for 6 months so that’s always good. Just got back from visiting my parents in Montana and they are good. It was nice and cool there. Hope you are having a nice summer?

Hugs

• ajbclan
    Options

Ladies! I just realized yesterday, that it's been 6 years since we came together to support each other through the crap! I still cannot believe 6 years have gone by. At the time it seemed like that would be a lifetime away. I was at work yesterday, and we're having people leaving and people coming in. I was very "melancholy" and thinking it was that, but then last night at home I realized I think my first chemo infusion was 6 years ago....so maybe down deep I knew lol.

I hope everyone is staying well. Cali- so glad you received a clean bill! I don't go for a year- so uncomfortable to be honest!

So for "fun" I went back around 6 years on our posts- a snapshot of what we were talking about. Lyn- you weren't so talkative back then lol.

Lyn - VLH 8/20/2016: Lori, I don't have a date yet because the pesky seroma infection didn't respond to the first antibiotic. I plan to attend chemo class Thursday and will see the MO again the following Tuesday. I may be able to get started on some of the tests late next week if healing goes well. Looks like I'm bumped back to September. I just wish I felt more strongly committed to this path. Ugh!

Me on 8/25/2016: Me on the 25th: Dara- thanks for the sweet note- I'm not much for selfies at all! Your pic is great by the way! I ended up getting a second wind and did a bunch of gardening, cleaned the kitchen up, and laundry. I thought my Nuelesta would go off at 215, but by 230 I had to head up and pick my daughter up from school- of course while I'm driving it starts and I can't check it until I got there, but went fine- so that's now done. Leydi- the office where I got my chemo was cold- so I picked a spot away from a vent and near a window. They had blankets, but brought my own along with a beanie. I chopped my long hair down to a Pixie cut. A week into the cut now I'm used to it so I'm glad I made this transition- hoping the next shave will not be as traumatic (ha!). I brought my own ice chips, I'm not getting that AC drug, so I was able to hit the bathroom fine- just had to learn how to "dance" with the IV- laughed by myself in the bathroom,

Kechla/Kelly- 8/26/2016 :I had my first infusion this morning. The PICC line works rather nicely. Keeping fingers crossed for no infection. Unfortunately about 7 minutes into taxotere I had an allergic reaction (flushing, trouble breathing and hip/back pain.) The team was all over it and was resolved in about 5 minutes with Benadryl. After about 30 minutes they started up the taxotere again with no issues. Got my lovely neulasta pod. I am cold capping and the allergic reaction came right at cap change time so one of my caps was about 10 minutes late. Hopefully no harm done. I think icing my hands and feet was even more difficult than the caps. 1 down. 3 to go

Dara 8/26/2016: Kechla, so glad you responded to the benedryl. Do you have to get the picc line flushed every week? That was what I was told and it's a drive to my center so I'm still trying the veins. My unbelievably sweet DH came home this afternoon with his head buzzed in support of me! I had no idea he was going to do it (and probably would have tried to talk him out of it) but I was so very touched that he would do that for me. He keeps telling me how great I look and I told him I'd loan him one of my wigs! :-). I keep getting headaches, anyone else have that? I still haven't been nauseous once, and my taste buds are back pretty much. Just get tired each afternoon. Next infusion is Monday so will see how it all goes. Hope, have a wonderful time this weekend! And even my MO said a glass on wine once in a while won't hurt us. Hope you're feeling better ajbclan! I took something the first night after infusion for constipation just to be on the safe side. My luck, I'll probably have the opposite problem next time!

Cali- 8/27/2016: Morning y'all ... My #2 infusion will be Tuesday so I am going to enjoy my weekend... I felt pretty sick about 3 days after my first infusion for a few days but including all the sore bottom area issues I survived & pray SE are no worse just realize each time they last a bit longer. I am not as brave as y'all to go get my head buzzed. I went and got a short cut tho .... I am not sure that would empower me like others feel. About now I feel pretty small. I am so thankful for our group though ... I can be brave on the outside but you all know there are moments of sadness that hit ..I just won't let them take over. My DH has about 10 hairs too... So we will be a pair. He did try on my wig tho! I am missing work .... our school began Monday & my MO said I can not be around sick little kids. 🤒 I am ready with my head gear ..wig ... Wraps, scarfs, caps, now I need some big earrings to rock the look. I really don't feel like I rock anything right now but I will give it a try. Hope you all have a great Saturday and praying for those having a rough weekend. 😘

• caligirl55
    Options

ajbclan … thank you for sharing our past comments. I enjoyed reading our honest feelings and I’m glad we had each other when we really needed one another. The new website is not as user friendly so sometimes I have trouble finding our posts.

I just hope everyone is doing well. I try my best to encourage others I know who are going through breast cancer now 💗

Hugs

• darab
    Options

Wow, it took me forever to find you guys again. Why did they so dramatically change the platform?? I'm still doing OK. I had my spinal fusion last January. They've told me it takes a year to fully recover. I'm still in chronic pain, but am so thankful as my spine was just disintegrating and I would have wound up in a wheelchair! I'm also back to having mammos and ultrasound on my breasts every 3 months. They keep finding new "suspicious" areas that they want to monitor. Then I go back and they say that spot is probably benign but there's a new suspicious area. I don't get worried, I just wait until they find anything for sure. Hope all of you are still hanging in and doing OK. It's hard to check in with all that goes on with daily life! I'm back doing a bit of pottery; just had a big show/sale in Claremont CA. They had 350 vendors and over 10,000 people attended. I pretty much sold out and now have a smaller show this coming Saturday so have been trying to make stuff to fill up the tables! Life seems to be speeding by at record speed!. It's not fair that the older we get, the faster time flies! Hope you all have a great Halloween tonight. My grandkids are getting older now so only the little ones go out. I'm including the X-rays of my back so you can see just how bionic I now am! lol!

• kechla
    kechla Member Posts: 181
    Options

ugh. I just typed a very long post and got distracted and when I came back it was gone. So here goes again, maybe more abbreviated…

Thanks ajb for the recap from the past. Helps us to see how far we’ve come.

Strangely, our family recentlyhas had a 4 for 1 bunion surgery. I looked into it about 20 years ago, but at the time it was a 6wk recovery off work. With young kids it wasn’t good timing. So, my daughter had it done this summer and was off for 3 days and in a boot for 6 weeks. Since she met our out of pocket max, Jim and I decided to have ours fixed as well. I had my first one done in Sept, Jim had his done last week. Then my next is end of November. We get some strange looks when we’re out together in our matching boots.

My son is now back home and teaching 9th grade algebra at his old school. My daughter is enjoying college life and planning a study abroad next semester (Madrid). We were able to take a family vacation this year to LA and San Diego. So beautiful and lots of fun.

I’m on a journey for better health and less pain. In addition to my bunion surgeries, I’ve been doing PT for my SI joint pain. Also seeing an integrative health doctor for my digestive and joint pain issues. So far it is going really well, but it will be a long process.

So glad to hear from you all! Have a happy Halloween!!👻

Kelly

• vlh
    Options

Hi All! A quick note / update for now. First, a tip...search for your own User Name to zero in on our topic.

I'm not doing great...back issues & a broken toe. With getting no exercise, I have to start taking insulin next week to be able to have foot surgery. Feeling lower than a snake's belly and have been reluctant to share a lot of Negative Nellie stuff.

Dara, hope the fusion starts providing some relief. Ajbclan, thx for the blast from the past! More later when it's not after 2 AM!

Lyn

• darab
    Options

Hi all, and Happy Holidays! This site changed again and it took several minutes to find our thread again. Lyn, sure hope you're doing well and if you had foot surgery that it went well. Thanks so much for the tip. Ill try to remember it next time I sign on here.

I so hope everyone is well and enjoying the holidays. We had a nice but quiet Christmas Day. We were at my daughter's for dinner with her family and it was great. I have two grandchildren there, and it was so special spending time with them. If you recall, they also have an adopted son, Camden, who no longer lives at home. He's in a special facility in Quincy Illinois for children with Reactive Attachment Disorder (RADS). He just has so many mental health issues, it was no longer safe to have him live at home. Just a tragic situation and I miss seeing and talking with him.

My husband and I are doing well, just taking each little bump in the road day by day. No additional cancer which is good!! I keep having abnormal mammograms and ultra sounds but then they say all is ok. My back is stable, still a great deal of pain, but I'm upright and able to do what I want, just not for very long and then I need to stretch out and rest it. I'm at City of Hope for everything and they really chase down every little thing (which is great but takes time.) Now my endocrinologist is chasing down cysts on my thyroid. I guess as we age there's always something.I can't believe it's now 6 years since we got to know each other. We never did schedule that get-together, darn.

I hope all are good who still get on here, and hope those that don't, it's because they're busy with life. I don't check in often but will try to do so and see who else is checking in. Take care all. Love, Dara

• ajbclan
    Options

Wow- not even sure what prompted my brain to check in here (and after having some issues even getting in lol) ---- Dara's was the last post in Dec! Time just flies. Glad everyone is able to check in when the can and around "life".

Dara- you're so right...we never did a gathering! geesh! I love following your pottery posts on Instagram! I'm glad you're staying as healthy as possible.

Cali- I feel like you've had to do a lot of supporting of others these past few years!

Kelly/Kechla- still so much going on in your world! You were out our way! Darn! Sounds like your kids are thriving which is great. Hope your boots are all off!

Lynn- we miss your laughs....hope things are on a more positive swing now.

I'm doing fine...can't complain. Dealing more with my mother in law and the whole aging process. Tomorrow I take her to the DMV to hopefully renew her drivers license so we don't have to drive her around lol! Just got back from visiting my 88 year old aunt in northern cal as well. My daughter is finishing her 2nd year at community college- currently rehearsing for the musical Caberet. Looking foward to seeing her perform again- it's been years.

Lots of love to you all...Kelly

• vlh
    Options

Howdy, Ladies!

WORLD'S LONGEST POST WARNING! I decided to brave the new BCO format. The most challenging aspect this far as been finding the blasted Log In button. DOH!

What's new with everyone? As someone mentioned before, I think we don't post often because we don't want to fail to acknowledge everyone so I hope we'll share more often, even if it's a quick note.

Dara, my heart breaks for you re: Camden. A friend fostered & adopted two children from an abusive situation. She's a wonderful, kind person so I can't imagine how crushed she was when her son (now an older teen) called the police and said she wasn't a fit parent. Of course, the official investigation proved otherwise, but how hurtful. Another friend with two biological children adopted two children from Russia. They adjusted well, but asked her & her husband to adopt the two older brothers. They did, only to later discover the older boys were molesting the younger kids. So many amazing people like them and you embrace these children and do the best you can, but the pain of their early experiences lives on. I can't imagine how difficult the RADS must be for you as a loving mother.

How goes the spinal healing? After my last post, I was diagnosed with severe stenosis, severe scoliosis, severe arthrosis in both SI joints & two herniated discs with bone-on-bone remodeling at L2-L3. I'm only able to stand or walk for about 3-5 minutes at a time so it's been a bit challenging to keep my sunny side up. A spinal injection in late December helped some temporarily so I may try that again.

I've held off scheduling the procedure because my mom's health had been precarious the last few months. I came home from her funeral Wednesday determined to tackle some house purging so, of course, developed a nasty head & chest cold. The daunting rib-rattling cough is easing some so I hope I can find the motivation again.

I had to cancel my oncologist appointment because we know that the last thing someone on chemo needs is a nasty virus. My recent mammogram was clear so I'm not stressed about the delay.

Ajbclan, was the Caberet performance fun? Did your Mil get her license renewed successfully?

Kelly/Kechla, did PT help your SI joints? I hated the therapist at my spinal specialist's office & canceled after the evaluation so hope that won't affect my care. Did everyone's tootsies heal up alright? Since I can't walk much now, I didn't bother to get my twice broken toe fixed. I'll now be the old lady wearing clunky athletic shoes with a dress. My mom only wanted a graveside service so the shoes were OK with slacks. I've gained about 15-20 pounds with being so sedentary, but the shocker is how my abdomen increased 8 inches. I hate that I'm back in pants that I'd planned to donate because they were placed me in danger of an unauthorized mooning session. 🤣

Cali, what's going on in your world? How is the family doing in Germany? I hope you weren't impacted by the terrible flooding.

Love to My Chemo Buddies, Lyn

• caligirl55
    Options

Hello my chemo buddies…

It took me forever to find y’all again. A not able to fall back asleep night did it .. I kept persisting and succeeded.. yay me!!

Hope your all well and living each day to the fullest .. I try but darn if I’m getting old feeling. I feel like after my cancer treatments I was cured woohoo but I wound up with my heart issues, type 2 diabetes (pre t2d now) my thyroid issues increasing and so many basil cell removals where my radiation was that it’s crazy. But I am alive and well .. oh and my neuropathy with my feet can be painful still.
    My family is good… my son is back from Germany but his wife won’t return with the boys. After moving there during covid and her thyroid cancer she will not return. So I don’t get to see my 2 grandson’s till she will bring them for a visit. It’s very sad but I’m just a grandma on the sidelines with no say in it all. My daughter with her 3 girls are close by so I get to see them a lot 😍 My parents are back at their summer home in Montana. My mom’s dementia is progressing slowly but surely. My stepdad.. the one in charge is having some issue’s himself but he is so ornery he would never admit it or get help. Thank the Lord for good caregivers for my mom.
    Hope we can all check in once in a while.

Hugs 💕

• kechla
    kechla Member Posts: 181
    Options

Sorry its been so long since I've posted. A lot has happened in the past year. After my bunion surgeries, I met with an integrative health Dr. She is very knowledgeable and we learned several new things about my food sensitivities. I went through a couple cleanses designed to help heal my intestinal tract and to tamp down bad bacteria/yeast. It was very helpful, but I feel like it is something that will be chronic with me, so am looking to do it a couple times a year to stay ahead of issues.

In my research, I believe that I may have hEDS, or hypermobility syndrome which is a result of defective collagen. Collagen is what holds us together . This would explain so much of my symptoms. My joints are very hypermobile, but beyond that I've had several issues that can be due to connective tissue disorder (hernia, bunions, flat feet, digestive issues (our dig tract is full of connective tissue to move food to where it is supposed to go). The list is pretty long, so I am fairly confident that this may be my root cause of a lot of my issues. The down side, there is no cure or treatment for it apart from strengthening muscles to support the lax connective tissues. Also to continuously try to keep on top of my gut health issues. I've been turned away from being evaluated because I do not have more severe symptoms (i.e. heart, organ failure). But, having found some of the resources, it does help me to understand what I can do better to stay healthy and that it is likely chronic, so something I will need to keep up with.

Family is doing well. Ashley is back at ISU and in an apartment this year and loving it. Adam is looking to move out of our house if he can find some roommates. He is teaching 9th grade again this year and his 2nd year is going decidedly better than his first. :)

We have been traveling more this year. Ashley studied abroad in Spain (Madrid) last semester, so we went over in April/May to visit. While over there we also stayed a bit longer and went to Italy (Tuscany) and Ireland (Dublin) as well. My husband and I both worked while over there so that we could stay a bit longer. For our family trip, we went to Colorado (Denver). It was very fun. We went river rafting (on my bucket list), to a baseball game, up Pikes Peak, and hiked at Red Rock Amphitheater. Jim and I are planning a short trip to Disneyworld in October for my birthday (just the two of us).

Work continues to be busy. Jim and I are having conversations about when we want to retire (from our real jobs). Not sure that means retiring completely, but maybe following a different (more fulfilling) path. I'm not sure what that is just yet…

I have found a new hobby of refinishing furniture. It started with my kitchen cabinets (during Covid lockdowns). I've also re-covered a couple old chairs, painted and stained an old desk, and now working on a coffee table. It is neat to see things that looked worn and dated get a new life. I don't have room for any more furniture, so I think I am going to start donating my work to some organizations that help provide furniture to people in need.

I hope you are all doing well. I'll try to check in again before another year goes by.

• darab
    Options

Hi all, like you Cali, it takes me forever to find this forum each time I try to connect. I'm doing OK, but still struggling with my back. I can totally relate Cali to the not walking issue. It's just so limiting! I have chronic pain, take 3 norco a day, plus muscle relaxers etc. I'm still on my hormone blockers for the bc, about 4 more years to go. Then last week had my regular mammograms and ultrasound, and they found a suspicious area so Friday go in for a new biopsy. It's the other side from my surgery. I'm trying not to stress out (and doing a pretty good job) but this past week a really good friend who was diagnosed 1 yr after me, was told she has metastatic that is all over in her bones. It came back once and she had a double mastectomy and now this. So hard.

Kelly, did your MIL pass her driving test? I've heard of so many older adults who fail the written test. There are so many questions that don't really have anything to do with driving! I just learned that if you're older and fail the test 3 times, you can do eLearning and just watch some videos and then answer questions. Much easier!

My life is pretty full. My husband Mike had a mitral valve surgery two weeks ago but is really doing remarkably well! It took 5 hours but they inserted 2 clips which helps close the valve. It's just so amazing what they can do now. And it was done through the groin so no open heart!

Camden is still in a live-in facility. He's 12 now in a great place for adopted children with Reactive Attachment Disorder. It's in Utah and on a huge range with horses and all sorts of activities. It's sad that I never see him and can only talk to him about once a year! I'm not sure he will ever be able to live at home nor even on his own. I just keep praying that something will help him turn things around.

I'm doing pottery, but just can't do it for very long without having to go stretch out on the bed. I have a show coming up next Saturday at the UCR Botanical Gardens that I'm looking forward to.

I still think so often of how this group helped me get through all the treatment and aftermath! And I wonder how those who don't check in are doing. Hopefully all are moving on and enjoying life!

Love and Good Thoughts to all of you! Love, Dara

• vlh
    Options

Hello, Ladies!

Is anyone still out there? Today marks 7 years since since my final Taxol so, of course, I thought of the online friends who helped me get through chemo. I hope everyone will check in as time permits.

As for me, I'm still something of a hermit and grumpasaurus due to the cursed back pain. Thanks to a little money inherited from my mom, I was able to replace my 14 year old vehicle. I didn't realize how much fear of the old one breaking down was contributing to my withdrawal from the world. After not seeing my best friend (or anyone socially) for more than 6 months, we've met for lunch twice in the past month. There were some snafus that kept me from trading in my old van, but once I get that monkey off my back, I hope to get another spinal injection and make some progress on household tasks. I'm so tired of living in squalor, but the simplest tasks take forever when one can only stand or walk for 3-5 minutes at a time.

Hugs to All, Lyn

• vlh
    Options

I think I shared this before, but the easiest way to find our group is to search for your own user name. That won't be helpful if you post a lot, but works well for those of us visiting infrequently.

Lyn