Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anxiety

Options
12346»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2019
    Options

Did you believe that cannabis, as also known as only for addiction, is now can be your alternative medicine? Cannabis now has many benefits that will be good for your health. Cannabis oil is produced by extracting the resin of the female cannabis plant using a solvent. After the resin is dissolved in the solvent, it is evaporated leaving a concentrated extract behind. CBD Oil is a type of oil that contains CBD but does not contain THC which can give you a high efficiency. CBD Oil is from that cannabis flower, however, cannabis now is proven that can help people to relieve pains or lessen seizure attacks. I have read many articles suggesting that cannabis has a very potent effect when it comes with pain and inflammation like this strain on kylekushman.com/topic/best-soil-for-indoor-grow/

• godisone
    godisone Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2019
    Options

hi all. being anxious is not my favourite past time but don't know what to do when i feel worried about my life expectancy and the limited time i might have with my loved one. i haven't yet lived my life to its content , i haven't travelled the world or seen Nothern lights for that matter, i am not a mother yet and i am yet to buy my dream house with my oh so caring and loving husband. i am only 4 years into this magical institution of marriage and i am not done.

dont know if i need more answers or prayers, but there is something preoccupying my mind all the time and there is no respite. it feels awful. when i want to google about various dresses to buy and locations to see or how to learn a new language etc i always end up researching about cancer and its symptoms (not to forget, the conclusion). no doubt its depressive and saddening. i think it might be reducing my life span due to stress but cant do much about it. i feel helpless when i am not researching about cancers.

this forum and its members keep me motivated and i feel like conversing with a loved one, like a friend at a distant place. i cant express how blessed i feel to be part of this community where i can freely express about everything i am carrying with me, in my heart. i don't know what would have i done without your support. thank you for being there.

• Kareen1
    Kareen1 Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2019
    Options

Thanks for sharing your insight on the subject. I suffer from anxiety and depression, but I don’t like how the meds make me feel. Some days I do feel better when I take it. They say it takes about 6 weeks to feel it’s full effect. I find the techniques you mentioned are good. I do guided meditation and, walking in nature is so healing as well.

• futura
    futura Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2019
    Options

@scared to death- Below cognitive behavior therapy strategies are from How to Manage Breast Cancer Screening/Diagnosis Anxiety

and they helped me a lot and I hope they help you too.The article is written by Shawn M. Burn Ph.D.

Most psychologists treat anxiety with cognitive-behavior therapy strategies. The general idea is to target your anxiety-producing thoughts with their rational counterparts. Many of us unnecessarily "catastrophize" and have ourselves sick, bald, and leaving behind loved ones before we've even had our tests or received our test results. We start preparing for an ordeal that may not even come to pass. As my grandmother Daisy would say, we "borrow trouble." We can use CBT techniques to reduce our anxiety. For instance, when we feel agitated we can remind ourselves:

1. More women have false positives than not, so it is quite likely that I don't have cancer.
    2. False positives are more common in women like me who have dense breasts, a history of breast biopsies, and a familial history of breast cancer.
    3. If I have regular mammograms over a 10-year period, it is likely I will experience a false positive at least once.
    4. Only 12.4 percent of American women develop breast cancer.
    5. Only .5 percent of women called back after their initial screening for further testing will be found to have cancer.
    6. My anxiety is worth the peace of mind I will experience if it's nothing.
    7. I am choosing breast cancer screening/diagnostics despite the stress so that if I do have cancer, it will be detected early when treatment is not as big a deal.
    8. If it is cancer, it is not necessarily a death sentence. The five-year survival rate is almost 90 percent. It's estimated that about 19 percent of breast cancers would never become "clinically significant" if left untreated.
    9. I know more women that have survived breast cancer than have died from it.
    10. If it is breast cancer, it is likely it can be treated without chemotherapy, especially if it is found early.
    11. Despite what I've seen on TV and in movies, breast cancer treatment (even chemo) would not necessarily make me extremely ill and bald, only to die anyway.
    12. Whatever the outcome, I can handle it as I have so many other difficult things. If I handled [insert life challenge], I can handle breast cancer.
    13. Like other challenges I have confronted, if there is a challenge to be faced, it will make me stronger and more resilient.
    14. This experience is a reminder of my mortality and what's important to me, and in that way it's an opportunity for personal growth.
    15. This experience reminds me that I have friends and family that love me and will be there for me if I need them.
  • Fightergrl78
    Fightergrl78 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2019
    Options

I’m right there with you...it’s a chore to eat, to clean and even care for my little guys. I hate that I have no answers and already feel “sick”

This process has been ongoing since my callback Sept 10th. My husband was amazing the first few days but I feel like he’s withdrawing a bit.

The clinic I want to go if it is the “c” is 4hrs away...and that is stressing me out too...because it will be winter and I don’t have housing

• TechieGirl
    TechieGirl Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2019
    Options

Futura- your list is so good and true. Thank you. I needed to read this and will again before my biopsy tomorrow mornong

• berries
    berries Member Posts: 80
    edited May 2020
    Options

Hi,

I have found myself in a very dark, deep and real place. Its like I'm in a dark hole with no ladder. I'm not sure how deep the hole is to climb out nor do I see any light. The past two weeks, I've been in the process of scans to understand a few new bone deformities that have shown up on my CT, just three months out from treatment. Nothing makes sense and my doctors aren't sure either. The past 7 months of grueling treatment, hospital visits, days spent in bed instead of with my husband. I don't know how to be 'okay' with this new normal. I don't know how to sit with this fear knowing that my husband will outlive me and at 35, I might not make it to retirement so we can spend our days together with the family that we've dreamed.

How does someone take something so devastating and heartbreaking and just live with it? Is that answer, you just do? If it is, what if you just can't?