Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

Hi - all you lovely ladies. I went looking for my albums. I found this one, in a box, maybe it should be on a wall. I don't have wedding photos on the wall. Why? I dunno. Together 53 years, married 51 come May 26. We are still each other's besties. I made my wedding dress, it was embroidered with Jackobian style flowers on eight side panels and the bodice, the silhouette fitted sort of like an 10th century gown. My DH's suit was velvet. Look at that bowtie!!! And his mutton-chops. He doesn't have much hair now and has a trimmed beard. Lordy — we were young!!!

I wish my mother could have been there but she died when I was 18 and my father left the country and didn't comeback for the nuptials. Don't feel sorry for me. I didn't. It still have the dress and it still fits!! In fact, it fits better since I have put on weight.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,354

@elderberry You both look so happy. Us 70s girls knew how to throw a wedding our way!

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

lol elderberry at smoke in the air. lol. Too funny. You have the most lovely smile in your face and I love the happy vibe I’m getting from your DH. I was born in 1970. I’m so glad you found the pic because I love it. You’re lovely.

• micmel

SeeQ ~You look lost in a kiss and he looks happy happy happy. I can see why that would be a favorite. I think it’s perfect! These are the things we must remember and smile about. Thanks for sharing

Mara~ I’m loving that dog beautiful doggie !! That is a nice photo of your mother. I love seeing that, because I just lost my mother and it makes me smile knowing how you loved your mother so much and you’re doing ok! How sweet she looks and I can see she is a wonderful person just but her photo. I’ll get to that point someday. Thank you all for sharing

Mkestrel~keep them coming. I love your pics too. Reminds me there’s nature out there I miss daily. Thank you!
    Candy~ a lot of people don’t marry and alot of people don’t have kids. I know alot of people who just decided it wasn’t for them. I think that entirely responsible actually. Iykyk…..(if you know you know)

• gailmary
    gailmary Member Posts: 515

I'm really enjoying all the pictures too. I wasn't happy with our pictures but I picked the right guy. 50 yrs this August. We won't celebrate much, but I sure like the idea of a wedding cake for real.

Faslodex today. Really stung. Too soon after alcohol wipe. It hadn't dried yet. Scans not till July. Yay.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

Elderberry - CHEERS to living large. LOL

Mara - I'm not sure how you feel about casseroles, but cream of _____ soup, noodles or rice, some kind of meat or tuna, and maybe a vegetable, plus your favorite seasonings (and water or milk) is a baseline casserole. Cheese and or crumbs (cracker, bread, corn flake) are extras. I have a hard time scaling a recipe down for the two of us, but most of them freeze well. Do you ever use Pinterest for recipes?

I told both my kids to not get in a rush to marry or have kids - and that not everybody wants to have kids. Apparently, they took me at my word. I'm sure they'll both find the right person in the right time.

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 580

Good early morning. On I love seeing the happiness and the beautiful gals here that we are lucky to call friends. I'm a late 70's bride, 1979. I never learned how to share pics on sites, so I contact my DS to do it for me. lol. DD and her husband just celebrated 13 years yesterday. Their daughter is 10 now. They all live with us. DS and his wife are wedding gown designers. If you want to look up their website: RCB Fashions out of Charlotte, NC. They have a fur kid, not interested in human kid. lol

We stayed up all last night due to severe weather. The tornado watch came around 3:30, but the weather was severe for hours before and after. Cleaned out the walk in closet as our go to space and one of the dogs promptly set up housekeeping on the blankets and pillows. Fortunately the rotation did not drop down as a tornado, but it was scary. In pockets for all scans and needs.

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 428
    edited May 16

Good morning all you beautiful ladies. I love the pictures! Please let’s do this more often. Right now I am in the car with DH on our way up to get my scans…….. yuk I hate those drinks the make you consume before the scan. I always ask for the Mochachinno because it’s pretty good., and I can drink it down fast. I just want to say im’ feeling pretty good the last 2 days, not much pain, just the D. So we went to the flower nursery and picke up Hibiscus and Mandevilla for the front of the house. I had no trouble walking at all. 😊

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

I think I missed a bunch of posts. I'm loving all the photos, though. DH celebrated 36 years this month

I met with the palliative care team yesterday via a video visit. It went for about an hour and a half. Saw the nurse, the doctor and the social worker. It was a great appointment, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now.

Not much else going on. I want to get my next blog post up but can't get motivated to do that. I'll try to suck it up and just do it. I've re-written it 11 or 12 times. I keep tweaking it to get it just right. My sister is a copy editor and she's been wonderful at helping me clean it up.

Hope everyone is having a decent day.

Carol

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,647

Shana - So glad to hear that you aren't in so much pain today! Getting flowers sounds lovely and uplifting. Good, good luck with your scans too!

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,456

Thank you for the suggestions on the cream of mushroom soup, a stroganoff vibe might be just the ticket as I do enjoy beef stroganoff, will be shopping tonight so can look into it, be nice to premake some and have something I could quickly heat up.

Am just watching TV with money for the ads, it gave me enough to make a good dent in my last Walmart purchase of groceries without spending a dime, cannot complain about that at all, will soon have another 10.00 to spend as well to pay it off without using my own money. I don't make a lot but I do make enough to reduce costs of certain groceries. Also saving up to get some extra memory for my computer, runs just fine but can get overwhelmed also if doing too much at the same time

Plain garlic english muffin with the sliced cheese on top and toasted in the little breville oven, easy peasy. Not sure yet what I want for supper, we will see. Should get some decent walking in as well today from going out with DB. I do somewhat miss the treadmill BUT was not using it enough to justify i taking up valuble floor space and I do like how SIL arranged things, even the plastic shelving unit holds a ton and that is helpful. I am also hanging a lot of stuff on doors etc to put bags of stuff

I am in everyone's pocket, in my own to do some basic chores, vacuum, box etc and light dust, Saturdays I do the telescopic dusting so no more dustbunnies form. Should pick up Post Its as well to make a list of what is most important to do, I have a whiteboard but SIL wrote something that has an attachment for me so just putting on the fridge as a reminder.

• mara51506

I did some quick chores around the house, did go out with DB and SIL. SIL and I went to get some coloured lip balm and blush just to add colour to my cheeks, between that and the bb cream, those are about it to add a little colour. I also got a senior's discount, I am 52 though the age it starts is 55. Cashier then said I have nice skin, not sure about that but since saving money on stuff is my jam, I appreciated the discount and had enough on the store card to take 10.00 off as well. That was nice, saved a lot on it

• marguin
    marguin Member Posts: 11

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 828

Mara Great pic of your mom and Samson. Glad you got out yesterday and scored the discount on the make-up! It's nice to treat yourself with a little something .

Sunshine Glad your palliative care appointment went well. We understand the overwhelming feeling of sifting through all the information. Hoping you will feel more settled as time goes by. You are a talented writer, I do enjoy your blog.

Shana So glad to hear you are feeling a little better and went to the garden center. Feels good to do something normal! In your pocket for stable scan results.

Irish Sheesh ,sounds like you had a crazy night with storms! Glad all turned out well.

Ok week here, had my Prolia shot on Monday with Endocrinologist and TSH holding steady for now. We'll see how long it lasts lol I feel like I am always getting meds adjusted. Not terrible but just another issue to deal with having had thyroid cancer too. Just trying to roll with it, not much else I can do. Seeing a new PCP next week since I haven't been to one in two years. Feel like I should have someone in place if I should need them and my other PCP left the practice.

Hi to all here and wishing you a peaceful day.

• mara51506

Mae, looks a cool and memorable event and glad you are still both happy as well.

cookie, I am glad to hear you are adding a PCP on top of everyone else, I should be looking for one but am only held back by not wanting to be put on different drugs should anything show up. For now, am taken care of for most things by MO and RO and my various scans.

I had a weird concoction for breakfast. Chopped lentils, a slice of cheese, croutons, few leftover puffed lentils as well. Put that on the plate, ground beef sort of texture again. Added a mini pot pie and microwaved for couple of minutes. Added salt and some Caesar dressing. I could taste everything and it was enjoyable. Trying to eat more home food than fast food, decided to also add 20.00 to my savings everytime my brain tries to justify fast food. That is about the cost of a fast food meal so instead of doing the fast food, save the money for other stuff. My frugality should cut down on the wasteful fast food costs from fast food.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

I love all these wedding photos, some of them are so adorable with the fashions of the day. Looks like in sickness and in health held up for everyone too :)

Our 20th is this December though we aren't married. I do have a photo I took in Munich the summer of 06 that is probably the best representation of us (i dislike cameras), maybe I will post it later.

Things ok here with baby step improvements and pain overall lessening which is good because I want to get off all these pills. Hubs said my job this week is rest and he had to phrase it that way for me to finally get it. Next week I think we will add a short timed walk (like 3 mins in each direction level) to begin working on stamina. I'm starting to think of where we may go late summer vacation which is a good sign things are on the up.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend and those in storm paths stay safe. I had a quick look at US weather as my sister is moving to Virginia mid June and I imagine they will have quite the number of storms this year once they finally move and get settled. @goldensrbest they had 10 bids on their starter ranch in Jackson the day it went up. I guess its just the right size for first timers or downsizers, and thats a nice little village near Milwaukee with a lake, but boy, no one was expecting that!

Btw, shout out to @tina2, you were on my mind earlier today and even if you are enjoying drug free days now, if you are still about it would be lovely to hear from you!

• malleemiss251
    malleemiss251 Member Posts: 584

All the wedding pictures are beautiful - love the beach house idea @illimae. Everybody looks like they are really enjoying themselves. It can be interesting to look back and know that these memories have helped shape us into who we are today. I hope everybody has a good day doing things that bring them happiness and contentedness.

• micmel

Mae~I’m loving your idea to have everyone stay at the place you got married. I love the laid back idea and I could have less of the dress and more of the relaxing with friends. It looks special. My favorite things in the world are cup cakes. I love them. Love love. Great idea back then for a cake! Loving it. Thanks for sharing.
    you lurkers out there. I know you want to share. Gailmary…. You doing ok these days? Love to all. Hope everyone is ok tonight. Happy weekend. Supposed to rain tomorrow yet again. One thing I do like is all the lawns are looking spiffy around the neighborhood and everything is so green. Flowers blooming. I think we’re on our way to summer. I hope the cooler weather lasts longer this spring. I hate the deep heat. Can’t take it like I used to. I saw a movie with Brooke shields in it last night and she looked really good. She’s older now and when I went to read the comments about the movie. It was all focused on how she was aging. There is so much more pressure on women aging than men. It made me so mad to think that people now a days are just plain jerks. I don’t mind not dealing with alot of people in my days. People only care about money and themselves. This world is falling apart more and more each decade. We can’t go back. There are so many people on this planet. How much can one planet take. Just seems like things are so different then when I was young. Or maybe I didn’t notice because I had those rose colored glasses on still. Boy have they been removed a long time now. I would love to go back to 1983. Things were better then. I was at my childhood home and my mother was still pretty young. I’d love to go back and soak up every second I could . I wish I could go back and relive all that time with my mother. I’m really missing her. Grief is tough.

• mara51506

Sondra, glad the pain is coming down and love that hubs is saying your only job is to rest, we sometimes need to hear that from others. I also like the slow building of stamina as well, seems like a very good idea as well.

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 580

Good morning early risers or for people like me, can't sleep so catch up with the news, weather and more importantly you all. @shanagirl Best of wishes for good clean scans. Flowers in a garden is a promise and belief of a tomorrow. Borrowed that from ??? Sure do believe it. @emac877 Your rodeo picture is so lovely. I'm so sorry you are in the hospital and dealing with such serious issues. It does sound like your medical team is on top of things though. Tell that body to heal so you can have that tube removed! I'll say prayers for you sweet gal. @micmel What a touching memory of you as a young one with your Momma. Sending hugs and a lot of love to you. @illimae How clever and so much fun to celebrate a wedding as you two chose to do. It sounds like a huge party that went on and on. Good memories for you, your DH and all that were in attendance.

Worked my way thru yucky feeling day, but boy does most of my home look good. I love shopping my own house. Bags of pillows, throw blankets, silk flowers and many knick knacks to change things up a bit. Kitchen is next. Stuff all over the counters. I prefer everything in it's place, but can't say much since DH and DD have taken over in the kitchen. They don't see smudge marks on appliances, cabinets and floors. And I will never say anything as I'm so appreciative for all their hard work.

Monday is lab and I think I start lymph therapy. I'm still dealing with GI issues. I've limited everything I'm eating to small, non-spicy, no red meat meals. Maybe next pet-ct scan will give us more information. In pockets for all your needs.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

emac, I’m so sorry you’re having such a rough time with everything and that you’re back in the hospital.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,043

Emac-Thanks for posting your beautiful pic. Hate that you are in the hospital but praying that these issues will soon be resolved and you can get back on cancer treatments.

• tougholdcrow
    tougholdcrow Member Posts: 159

WOw, Emac, you were in the rodeo? I'd love to hear more about that. I wish you a rapid recovery from this latest setback.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 828

Emac That is a gorgeous picture, I bet you have great memories from those rodeo days! So sorry to hear of the esophagitis's issues.You have been such a force of strength lately with these setbacks. I am remaining confident that you will get back on track after this break. Extra healing prayers coming your way today and a giant hug❣️

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 428

@emac877 e a beautiful cowgirl in tat picture, that looks like a happy time in your life! I hope everyone keeps thes pictures coming. I fine them very upbuilding.🥰

@illimae I love how your man is looking at you with those Texas eyes…..how beautiful. 😍

Good Morning everyone‼️HAPPY SATURDAY,

My CT & Bone Scans yesterday were “unremarkable” organs normal, no new osseous lesions” so I guess that”s Stable, right?

🩵

• micmel

does seem stable Shana. Congrats! Whooo hoo!!!! Congrats

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,647

Emac - You look so pretty in that rodeo picture! What fun that must have been! Of course also so very sorry to learn of your very bad week and ongoing troubles. Can only wish you nothing but the best and send hugs. Fingers crossed that this is a bad hump you will get over and then onto smoother sailing with new treatment. More hugs!