Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
What part of day-to-day life during your breast cancer experience has been most challenging for you? Take our poll.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,540

Shanagirl - A great big congrats on stable scans - yay!

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,308

I thought "In your pocket" meant a place to store thoughts and love. I love all your explanations better!

@emac877 So sorry to read you are back in the hospital with the latest challenge. No fun and it sounds miserable. I will send extra prayers you heal quickly and can get that horrible tube removed. You are a beautiful cowgirl! Wow! Are you still in Prescott? My favorite Auntie lives there and it is a great place to visit.

@irishlove I totally agree with your kitchen woes. My DD and DH help but my kitchen is gradually looking less like mine the more they cook. I am watching for a good day when I can thoroughly clean it—including my oven!

Finally should be nice and warm today, and my flower pots should arrive today so I can hopefully plant my new flowers. Oh how I love Spring!

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,370
    edited May 18

Emac, I am so sorry to hear about the hospital again, I am in your pocket sending my love.

Decided to try something different with my brunch, sprayed a small pot, put water, little more than 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup rice, 1/4 cup of lentils and added an egg on top. Started it on high but once boiling, turned off heat, covered with lid, hoping the ingredients all cook, not sure about seasonings yet, probably the ever favourite sour cream and onion seasoning and mayo to bind it. Also going to add some green lettuce and a few croutons to pretend a salad, I will see. Pretty hungry but don't want to push my luck.

Edited, green lettuce added, no croutons, use a mix of some ranch salad dressing and mayo and just mixed all together, it was very good to me at least.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 706

emac - I’m so so very sorry that you are in the hospital once again😔. Prayers that you respond to the treatment and you can get outta dodge!

Shana - love me some good news. 🎉🎉🎉 for stable!

I also love all the photos. All those memories mean so much🥰

Wishing all of you a good weekend with easy days and restful nights. HUGS.

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 413

@sf-cakes The joy you both shared that day is so evident in that lovely picture of you and your beloved DH. You both look gorgeous.

@emac877 I’m praying you will get out of that hospital quickly. You’ve gone thru so much. Sending you warm caring thoughts and gentle (((Hugs))) (((💕)))

@micmel Yessss Mel I’m stable😊‼️. I really was expecting new mets in my bone with all the pain I’ve been in recently but no changes since my last scans in December. So, I’m guessing all the pain has been the stormy weather, original bone met areas, and treatment injections of the Xgeva & Fasoldex. Geesh the struggle is real🙄.

@irishlove Gardening in the Spring time is so satisfying……..when It’s done😉🌷🌸🌺

Have a comfy restful evening everyone🥰🩵

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,016

loving that rodeo picture emac!! Gorgeous hair and smile! You are radiant !

• gailmary
    gailmary Member Posts: 484

EMac it's your turn to catch a break. Get well soon.

Micmel, thanks I'm doing great. Unless you're talking about the stress of dd moving home. Been here 3+ weeks. Thrilled to have her . Stress comes from the friend she lived with. Bipolar is so hard. That was her girlfriend. We also have a bipolar guy friend I help I call my fella friend. I put him as POA into a group home and he's not happy.

Scans for me in July. I'm sw of Milwaukee next to Alpine Valley outdoor music Theater.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 802

@shanagirl Congrats on stable!!! Love unremarkable!

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,657

@emac877 ugh, I hate to come on here and see you in the hospital again, and this time for esophagitis and pill blockage. I finally caught a break...I'm giving whatever gave me that luck to you and hope you can catch a bunch in a row now, you've earned them. Surely there is a complaint desk we can approach about fixing this imbalance in the universe for pain in vs benefit out? And with all those Xeloda pills in there too good lord. Kinda like the fatberg under East London they need to chip away at every once in a while so it doesn't completely block up the sewer system. Your rodeo photo is amazing though and so of its time, did you barrel race or?

@irishlove - I like shopping my house too. I also have an almost complete miniature pharmacy in two bins under the bed. When I was in hospital hubs went through boxes of his clothing unprompted and found all sorts of shirts that now fit (hes lost weight through walking and stress) but also loads to give away or throw because who wears a button down post covid? He found unused shorts, shoes etc so this summer no new clothes for anyone. But I agree, how do they not see splotches, smudges, small areas that could be wiped up or things to quick put away?! I call it boy blindness, there is no known cure, so I focus on making sure he does thr big things right rather than sweat the small!

Hip still doing better but boy do I ache. Just ache all the time. Our tub is a tub in name only, its not much for soaking, and with the picc line I'd have to watch it. Not sleeping well again but there are things I can try to improve my sleep hygiene anyway. Infusion and MO clinic tomorrow, which may be the first time since late Feb/early March to have had a formal sit down discussion, otherwise its been brief phone calls, ward round visits, or contacting her through nurses and locum MOs. Thats a long time to go without really sitting down and having time with your MO, especially during a time like this!

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 413

GoodMorning Living Room Ladies. Blessings to you all today🩵

Yeah, I am stable and unremarkable in my scans, but I am still so achy in all the places I have unchanged met. Another painful day.🙄the struggle is still real. God bless you all and especially those undergoing painful treatment for new progression. Have a SE, free and peaceful day and enjoy your fur babies,🐾♥️💕

• tougholdcrow
    tougholdcrow Member Posts: 133

Good news, shanagirl! I can never tell whether my aches and pains are mets, arthritis, exercise, or some combination. I felt perfectly fine before all this started and I was shocked to discover I even had arthritis. It's strange how the medical profession shows us a body we never knew we had. Boy blindness: does that explain a lot in terms of my husband's complete obliviousness to the state of his clothing. But I wish you a beautiful, peaceful Sunday. My local temple is celebrating Buddha's birthday today (every tradition has a different Buddha's birthday, it seems) so may we all be zen.

• micmel
    edited May 19

what are these icon things showing up under some profiles? I’ve never picked anything to go below my signature line. You guys have it too, some of you do anyway. But I just thought it was odd.

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 595

Mel, I noticed that, too. It appears to be a small version of anyone's account photo (like mine is an orange moon), whenever someone has "liked" or "lol", etc that person's post. I just hit "like" on your post, so you will probably see my little moon there in a minute! It's kind of weird, and it seems to be messing with taking us directly to the newest comment on a thread.

• threetree

Yes, I noticed all this too with the icons and it seems to creat confusion, and now I don't get taken to the next thread. Annoying.

• micmel

it could be showing you the icon of who liked your post. But mine is. Not a robot. lol. Wtheck.

• threetree

There you are now Mel; in my post. Yes lol.

• micmel

I usually get the ohhhhh change your diet and go completely holistic then they give me ten book titles and unsolicited advice like you just mentioned. I try to just let it roll off my back. Most times people are thinking they are being helpful when it’s the opposite. I agree if you don’t want to engage then you should do what makes you feel best. I’m sorry that this happened to you. We have enough to deal with. Sometimes people also don’t think. They have diarrhea of the brain. Sending a hug to you tonight.

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 595

Sunshine/Carol, I agree with deleting the comment and not engaging. It's your blog so of course you get to delete whatever the hell you want, and stupid, uninformed, dangerous comments like those belong in the garbage. Engaging with people like that never changes their minds anyway, if someone believes a stage 4 cancer can go to stage 1 because of a diet or a supplement or a healing crystal session, they have their own issues. Don't waste your time with them, delete!! Love you ❤️

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Thank you ladies. I’ll just let it go. Can’t change people, right?

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,657
    edited May 20

I'm so over these body wide aches and pains, just fed up with feeling like a moving mass of pain all day long. I'll be requesting a sit down review of my pain management because this clearly isn't working and I think I may have the beginnings of opiate dependency and I want to head that off at the pass ASAP or if thats not really the case, find an opiate that will actually work not just more oxy like this guy keeps handing me like some backwoods shady doctor. Aching like this makes eating and sleeping such a chore, or anything really. There has got to be a better way, or it's part of this impatient thing I've got going onto get going because the bigger met areas have been tamped down already and I want to get out and do stuff.

Just wanted to get that off my chest before I navigate some form of breakfast, hopefully.

• mara51506

Carol, I don't know where people get off posting supposed cures, don't people think if they worked, we would do them. Glad you are just deleting them.

Sondra, I am empathizing with your pain, I hope someone finds something to ease or remove it. In your pocket,

Happy Victoria Day to my fellow Canadians, enjoy the day off. Not too much on the go for me, recovering from my back, was scooping litter, stood up and caused a massive flair of pain, just treating as I can. Realized if I want to walk, can go back to pacing now that the living room has a open path, will probably add that, may do some walk outside as well. Chores and usual budget boosting fun as well. I am currently making a 1/4 cup of quinoa in a pot, will be pulling out lentils as well but adding everything to the microwave later, take lentils and a cheese slice, chop in some croutons for the beef texture, add some salt, possible ketchup and mayo riff and see how it goes, eggs come later. Debating chia seeds to round it out, we will see or add lettuce and use a salad dressing instead.

Hoping everyone has a good day, in pockets for all, especially sondra and emac right now and my own pocket not to be whiny for myself as I think about what others put up with a lot of the time.

• tougholdcrow
    tougholdcrow Member Posts: 133

Carol, I'd delete and then if the person asked why, I'd send a gentle explanation. As you say, it's hard to know what motivated this, but a friend might benefit from knowing that you don't accept this. Somebody just sent me an article about why I should be consuming large amounts of baking soda. As P. T. Barnum famously said, "There's a sucker born every minute." I didn't say that exactly, even if I wanted to, but I did say that the science doesn't support the claim.

• mara51506

Tough old crow, the excess baking soda, besides causing vomiting, dehydration, kidney failure and seizures, could cure cancer by killing a person. People should really do their own research before putting out info that is not good.

• threetree

I've also heard that too much baking soda has caused "exploding stomachs" seen in the ER. It's when people take too much for things like heartburn, etc. Why anyone would take large amounts of baking soda is way beyond me.

• mara51506

Guessing because they think it will help them out until it does not. Back before the stage 4 official dx for me, I ate turmeric by the bucket load, not literally but read that it could prevent brain mets which was my biggest fear but all it managed to do was screw up my digestion for a while and as MO said, I always had the cells in my brain until they grew in 2016. Anything not on a proper medical site is taken with a grain of salt, google symptom checking is also off the table for me. I have long exceeded what the survival rate says for inflammatory breast cancer, HER 2+ and Grade 3. I was supposed to die probably 7 years ago. Survival stats are outdated and not taking the response to treatment.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,865

For anyone who saw my comment, please forgive me. I will be more careful to double and triple check before posting. If you did not see my comment, please don’t ask me what it said. I was gratefully mistaken. I’m so sorry for that.

• micmel

KBL~I know of no comment and i would surely not ask. you just seem upset and I’m sure whatever it was it obviously wasn’t intended to hurt anyone. So don’t be so hard on yourself. Sending you a hug. Deep breath .

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,865

@micmel Thank you. I appreciate your kind words. I sure am glad they have a delete button. 💕