My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer
Comments
-
@seeq-What an infuriating law! What groups were behind it? Who does it supposedly benefit? it's our information-we should be able to accessit as soon as possible. Hope your results are good.
5 -
@chicagoan - Adding my congratulations for your 10 year cancerversary - keep up the good work! Really happy for you.
4 -
@seeq It is so frustrating waiting for scan result. In your pocket and prayers for stable resut💕
@goldensrbest I hope the new pain prescription gives you some releif on the really bad days as you wait for your MRI results. It may give your Pain management Dr a clear picture of how ro deal with your pain.. My pain management Neurologist knows exacly where to do tthe Radiofrequency ablation on my cervical spine, specifically 8 facets on each side of my neck vertabrae C7 C4 C5 C6. So I get zapped in 8 diifferent spots on my neck while he performs the ablation. My last ablation was the end of June and I will have a phone visit with him on Monday next week to discuss how well it’s working or if the pain is back. I have been fine and probably willl get by for a few more weeks or months. It’s supposed to last 8 to 12 months. So we’ll see.😊
@runor In your pocket as you wait for your scan results. Prayers for a good outcome, girl🙏🌷🩵
@chicagoan Yay for living longer with each yearly cancerversary. My Cancerversary is the first week of January every year since 2009 and also 2022-2023 with diagnosis and treatments. I always get nervous about possible progression every January.🫣😓
Also thankyou all for your anniversary wishes to me & DH, @cookie54 @threetree @intolight @goldensrbest @chicagoan and everyone else. Thanks so much. 😘🩵🌷 Have a beautiful day today.
4 -
@chicagoan - it was a bipartisan effort (which I only mention with the explicit intent of avoiding political comments) backed by the Texas Medical Association. It applies to pathology and imaging , and it appears to be directed at tests that diagnose malignancies. The point is to avoid "unattended" electronic notification of a cancer diagnosis- which the federal law already provides for(!) I wonder if they actually talked to any already dx'd cancer patients on the impact the law would have on them. I really hate it. As you say, it's my data. Rant...paused (I'm not sure it's over, yet)
4 -
@shanagirl Happy Anniversary to you and your DH.
I slept pretty well, will be doing laundry, floors and meals for the most part. Cat area of course is going to be done so that is good.
Got meal on already since will take a while to heat in rice cooker. 1/3 cup lentils, frozen burger and diced hashbrowns, they turn into proper potatoes in the rice cooker. Going to add a yogurt for extra protein. Has a light strawberry taste but plan to cover that up with seasoning.
UPDATE 1, been in the rice cooker going for 50 mins, meat is done pretty much, added some extra ingredients, did put in the yogurt, taste tested and only get a minor hint of the strawberry, will get plain yogurt later. Looks like it will be filling.
MEAL1 was good but if I want to use yogurt to up protein, need a plain yogurt. It did taste really good but would have been better with a plain yogurt.
MEAL 2 will be a plain meal, thinking a couple mini pot pies and lentils, microwaved a couple of minutes using mayo as a binder. Have a yogurt after supper. Only change was I only had the two mini pot pies, not in the mood to fuss with anything else.
I did order more mayo, 3 containers, more cheese popcorn seasoning 2 of those and sour cream and onion. Not from instacart as it would have cost 10 or more dollars more. Need the mayo for meat pies I may have. I have tons of those .
I do hope everyone had a good day, I am always in pockets as well.
3 -
@shanagirl happy anniversary. Enjoy your Friday date night!
Tanya
3 -
UG, the building heat is on, feels like it was just turned on today. They do have a schedule they need to follow so beyond this little whine, I will get over it. I am tempted to leave AC in window but will get DB to take it out sometime in October I think. It is not like I don't have a billion fans on the go, running the split AC in cool mode, lets me turn it up to 85 and run the fan on turbo speed.
4 -
Well dozed a bit on the couch overnight, did not bother to go to bed, snacked through night on a few chips and kept dozing off, that was fine by me.
Will find out today how hot it may be in the house with the heat as supposed to go up to 70 so will see if I need the window AC put on, got it working as a window fan right now. It is still 76 in the house which is fine. Doing the turbo fan thing by setting cooling up to 85.
Been having fun with the 20 dollar dual chamber washer, tried out a thin pair of shorts, it did try its' best to agitate, managed to agitate once in a while so definitely need to just put socks, undies and other delicates along with hankies. If I need two things at once done can do that with my two twin tub washers in the tub.
Still have the online health card application to get done, it runs out Nov 11 on my birthday, do not want it to lapse or no treatments to be had.
Not sure about meals, laundry floors and cleanup of the litter box. Still amazed how much better it smells in here with the air purifier. I am debating a rice, bean and lentil meal with some cheese put on top, thinking about just doing up the rice first in the rice cooker, do it on a quick timer 30 mins and once done, put in a bowl, add chopped beans and lentils and just microwave everything. Might put in some scrap chips with beans and perhaps cheese if it was pulled from the freezer. Next meal I am pondering is an egg and hash brown meal, I will see.
Hope all have a good day, in pockets for all.
4 -
@goldensrbest Hope your MR reveals some helpful information to treat your pain🤞🏻 . Glad you have some meds in the meantime!
@maggie15 Yeah greek yogurt is a great sub to provide healthy protein to meals. I ‘m sure once you get the plain your meals will be even more delicious! Glad your air purifier is making big difference. I have been opening my windows with this nice Fall air plus lighting my pumpkin candle🥰.
In for the rainy weekend, our beaches are already getting battered. Hope @shanagirl and anyone else who lives near the East Coast stays safe this weekend 🙏🏻❤️
3 -
Just wanting to wish all of those in the Northeast who are possibly facing this big storm the best of luck. I'm thinking of you; stay safe, warm, and dry - sounds like this could really be something. Just noted that @cookie54 says the beaches are already getting hit. Take care all and otherwise have a good week-end.
4 -
I hope all facing the Noreaster are safe from major damage or flooding.
I slept a long time, thinking that was more to do with cold meds I am filling up on. Got mucinex and tylenol night time stuff. Rinsing nose out with a nose spray. I can deal with sinus issues if they stay there but not interested in dealing with sore throat or chest issues. Good thing I have those small washers for 20 bucks, can keep up on handkerchiefs with the 20.00 washers.
Apartment is quite warm, before heat turned on, it was maybe 70 degrees in the house, now is closer to 85 when I got up this morning. Oh well will turn on all fans in living room, running the split AC on turbo and got bedroom AC going as well. This year, I have the neck and hip fans that run awesomely as well.
Nothing on agenda, laundry, floors and meals today. Thinking about meals as usual.
MEAL 1 Took a full package of knorr sour cream and chives, added a 1/3 cup of my dried red lentils as well. Put some sour cream and onion seasoning and a bit of the sour cream and lime crema. Added 1tbsp of butter per package instructions, letting it all heat up. Not sure if I will attempt eating it all or save as a side dish to have with mini pot pie OR a burrito. I will see. Will chop up some beans and chick peas later as well. Post if good. I do notice a sharp increase in the price so these meals will be stretched for sure, I can get 4 meals or so and just serve on the side with burrito or mini pot pie. REVIEW of meal one, it did have a nice taste, I was unable to eat it all. Although I am able to use the stovetop stuffing in to bulk stuff up, was really not necessary at this time. Taste was just fine, went with sour cream in both seasoning and binder. Red lentils were just fine too. Tonight will be either 2 mini pot pies or else or a burrito, just need to microwave it.
I do hope everyone is having a good day and weekend, in pockets for all.
4 -
@mara51506 so far all is well over here. The neighborhoods near the ocean beaches are getting flooded but so far here off the bay some water is over flowing over the bulkhead and creeping up the streets near the boat slips. DH is out taking pictures so I will post some later.
4 -
Welp, it is 90 degrees in here, does not feel too bad I must say since it is no longer humid, if necessary, will open windows more fully, not looking to leave window AC in to allow it to get moldy, get DB to help me take it out and put the screen in. Also not buying anymore fans either. Tempted to get another hip fan to run at my living room. They really are inexpensive and quite useful. Bedroom is kept cooler for sure but once AC out, keep window open to cool the air. I finally decided to put in my window fan in the living room and got it running on all three fans. Feeling cooler in here now. Also decided I might buy a window fan for the bedroom, undecided as of yet, I can certainly wait and see.
Ap. If I want a faster meal, can add an egg and bean chop done in microwave, chopped up then put in rice cooker with some extra water to heat up the rice. Option 2 is prepare rice first then add a chopped up egg and bean prepared in microwave first, add some rice and cheese and put in a pot with the flavours I choose, got hella amounts of cheese seasoning. I am also ordering shredded cheese and manwich sauce because I have been thinking about it. Shopped a different store this time, order came to around 20.00. Not bad, less than skip the dishes.
Will post meals as they are made and eaten vs before hand.
Meal 1 consisted of 1/3 cup rice, 1/3 cup canned lentils, big handful of shredded cheese. I also put in 1/3 cup of the manwich sauce instead of water. It is cooking up for an hour and 20 mins, got the manwich sauce in the fridge in air tight container. As time went on, I added one egg and a mini pot pie and let it go on heating up. Once all of that was done, did scoop out around half or 2/3 third Put some mayo and salt in. It did taste very good, got leftovers to go into the fridge as well. Some of what I ate today included other leftovers in fridge too.
MEAL 2 It was simply peanut butter eaten out of the jar and I truly enjoyed that too.
I hope all have a great day. in pockets for all.
3 -
@mara51506 Yikes,,,90 hope it doesn't get any warmer! Seems like the worst of the storm is outta here. My daughter and niece both live near the beach and they had lots of beach erosion and flooded streets also. Hoping most homes fared ok with only minimal damage. Enjoy your meals today.
@shanagirl Glad to hear your neighborhood wasn't too bad.
Got a lot of deep house cleaning done this weekend as I had no reason to head out in the storm. Phillies are tanking and the Eagles play tomorrow. ..fingers crossed. Hope everyone is having a calm weekend.❤️
3 -
@cookie54 I put the window fan in the living room window overnight and when got up, it was 73 so that is fine. I was going to buy a window fan once window AC comes out but window fans get damaged by freezing air too so will just leave windows open and run fans. Saves me money.
Nothing but chores on agenda, laundry, floors etc. and getting my online application for new health card done this week, want to leave plenty of time before November and not have it expire.
I do not plan any shopping this week for groceries but did order up some snacks for the cancer clinic, reeses puffs, peanut butter granola bars and crispers, not chips. They will be good. The chemo suite has stopped offering cheese snacks which stinks but oh well, bring my own stuff.
This morning am planning to chop up some beans, lentils and chips with cheese. Put 2/3 cup white rice in the rice cooker, dump beans/lentils/chips and cheese chop. I have leftover manwich sauce in the fridge as well. Probably 90 min cook I would think. I will post later.
MEAL 1 No beans chopped up but did dump leftovers from yesterday which contained noodles and red lentils, added 1/3 lentils, shredded cheese as well. Dumped some manwich sauce which had a lot of water and I threw in a handful of rice. 90 mins did go buy, I added some mayo and salt once put mix in my bowl with some Tostitos queso and a bit of mayo. It was delicious.
Hope everyone has a good day and in pockets for all.
3 -
@cookie54 @mara51506 @threetree
This was about as far as the water made it coming from the Bay onto our street. Our son is standing there taking pictures. Our house is two houses behind him. We are on pilings but the water never even came up to our driveway. The bay was choppy.
Neighbor’s house behind us had allot more water come up their street. Looking at it from my upstairs window
Neighbor’s house behind us got more water on their street coming up from the bay, and the he water subsided when the tide ent out an our streets have been dry since. 😊🌧️💦
2 -
@shanagirl - So glad you "just missed it" and that you all stayed dry and safe. Very interesting pictures to see. Thanks very much for posting them. I'm just so glad that the worst is now apparently over for all of you. Have a really good week, as things dry out!
0 -
@shanagirl Glad the water receded and all is well!
@mara51506 Ok, glad you weren’t uncomfortable sleeping. I always has a restless night if it’s too hot in my room. We have central air in our house but I also have a window unit in my bedroom . The upstairs never quite gets cool enough for me to sleep comfortably. Hope you had a good day snd a peaceful night.
0





