Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 724

Morning friends -

Katy - glad you feel better! Hope it stays that way.

I’m here for pocket duty.

Anyone starting to get a creepy feeling about the winter and surges in covid and breakouts of the flu? We have our boosters (whole family does in fact). I just find myself not even wanting to go anywhere. I know we will miss some fun opportunities - for instance the little theater where we just moved has sing along nights to White Christmas - my absolutely favorite Christmas movie. I just don’t feel comfortable being in that setting. And the development we moved to is having a Christmas party at a local brewery. So far 85 are going - again I don’t feel comfortable. Since I had covid in August and the booster last month, I’m trusting my immunity is good, but my PCP told me I could get it again. And I worry about the flu - it’s a crapshoot as to what is in the vaccine and what is actually infecting it’s victims. I feel more angst about all this….

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Mae your view is amazing.

I’m in for pocket duty tomorrow all day.
    I have a Pet scan Dec 7.

Tanya

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Goldens, now I have the song, "The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing" running through my head. I love that movie! :)

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Goldens- I hear ya. Past Holidays were times for friends and family gatherings. For activities. Food and fun. But now, No. I do not feel comfortable being in those gatherings. Between Covid and influenza. The Covid rates are going up again in my community. Our vaccine rates are 39% in my local County. People don't feel masks are important. Also, just old fashioned illnesses. Heard one school in my area had an outbreak of the "stomach flu"-- fever, pukes, diarrhea. I don't want that. Would have to pause my treatment if I got sick, and then the cancer has room to grow.

So it is sad anymore with Covid, but also with the cancer and the treatments we do.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Mae that is beautiful. I'll keep that in mind as the next 3 or 4 days here on the island is expecting torrential rain fall and gusty winds up to 90km an hour. As most of the island is sea level we are expecting major flooding and storm surges. I don't think our sub pump will be able to handle it so we will have a nice swimming pool in our basement. Bawling Power here goes out regularly so we are preparing with what we call storm chips 🍟

It is a busy week so pocket duty here also. Might not be able to share the chips but everyone is in my thoughts.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,714

Goldens, I’m not too concerned about covid during the holidays as we tend to keep to ourselves mostly anyway. We have our usual Friendsgiving with another couple who have traveled recently but they are isolating for 10 days before heading out here.

LivingIVlife, I’m sorry to hear about all the flooding you’re dealing with, it just really sucks.

DH and I took a break from cleaning our friends house, he may have months of recovery before hopefully being able to come home but we want it to be livable if/when he does return. Our beak was a picnic at the community pond. I see the deer and donkey tracks but do not want to run into whatever left the claws and paws, yikes!

• livingivlife

Mae what a lovely picnic! You had mentioned before about the donkeys that were marked in yellow. What does the yellow markings represent? The paws and claws would definitely tell me to move on and quickly.

Covid here has been handled quite well from our health department. Most of it was from people traveling to the island so we basically stopped anyone from coming in accept for essential workers. The majority of people are totally vaccinated and we wear our masks indoor venues. I do go pretty much anywhere I need or want to go.

• illimae

LivingIVlife, the yellow markings were just an edit I made to make them easier to see. Most donkeys were in the shade and a couple were laying on the ground.

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358

Reporting in for pocket duty tomorrow (Monday) lots of scans. LivingIVLife I hope your flooding is not too bad, so sorry. Katy hope you are feeling better!
    We are winding down our desert road trip and looking forward to Thanksgiving. My mom will be hosting my nieces and nephews who are almost all adults now, setting up outdoor seating in the garage with a cross breeze.

• livingivlife

Mae- LOL Here I thought it was a new breed of donkey or somehow they got covered with yellow blankets!

Kikomoon- Sunshine with a cool breeze sounds wonderful. Hope you enjoyed your road trip listening to those great tunes.

Again my thoughts are with everyone this week.

• Lee64
    Lee64 Member Posts: 113

Thanks to all for the support and good vibes. I'll be thinking of all of you tomorrow morning and especially those having scans. May everyone come out "stable" or better.

GoldensRBest, I also avoid crowds and wear a mask. I hope getting together with kids and grandkids for Thanksgiving will be okay. My SIL is not vaccinated and neither are the grandsons.

LivingIVLife, I chuckled when I read your comments on the donkeys because at first I thought maybe the DNR had marked them for some reason. When I looked closer it looked like a mark Mae put on the picture.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Candy, Katyblu, Kittykat, SeeQ, Cowgal, and Lee: pocket duty and good wishes for you all!!

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Well, it's already halfway through Monday fere, I got the impression today that if the orthopaedic surgeon can't cut me open he's not interested. He pretty much said take a stronger painkiller and just put up with it, I'm not impressed, so I think I'll go see my gp and ask him what he suggests I should do

Reporting for pocket duty for all of us that are having scans each today. I hope for good results for everyone.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

Hopping in pockets all over the place: Candy, Katyblu, Lee, Cowgal, Kittykat.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,052

pocket duty !!!!!!! Hugs to all

• candy-678

Kittykat- So is there a fracture? I was thinking they thought fracture. But then did you post no fracture? I did not go back in your posts to see if that is true. So, if NO fracture to surgically fix, then what do they say is wrong? How to fix you, except "take a stronger pain killer and just put up with it"? Sorry you did not get help today.

• candy-678

Kittykat- I went back a few posts and saw they think rotator cuff issue on you. Have they determined that for sure? I had an MRI of my shoulder to see the rotator cuff AND labrum tear. Recommended surgery for such an injury, but not a candidate for surgery, so we did physical therapy.

• micmel

I have also torn my rotator cuff and labrum, not fun. Had surgery before cancer. Was pretty painful. I'm so sorry if you guys are dealing with that as well my goodness. My closest MBC friend broke her foot from just simply turning around. Nothing out of the ordinary. Broken. So the cancer makes us weak, I've never seen anything like it really. Kitty not cool when a doctor is no help at all At least have a recommendation for me that isn't just drugging me…

Showing up for pocket duty today

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Candy, apparently the ct scan didn't show anything, neither did the petscan I had last week so I have no idea what is wrong with it, there's no fracture and no rotator cuff damage, which I'm grateful for, so I'll go see my gp and see if some pt will help.

• livingivlife

Kittykat- good idea to see your gp and look at pt

I find that it's a fine line here about when to go to my MO or my gp when something isn't right. A couple of times I called my MO and was told to see my gp. Regarding weak bones one time I was brushing my teeth, turned around to grab a towel and ended up fracturing a couple of ribs. No one seemed too concerned so I thought ok I will just deal with it! I couldn't move for awhile and now of course it shows up in the scans. Go figure!

On pocket duty for everyone who needs that extra push of strength this week!

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

Pocket duty for upcoming scans. I am getting anxious about my upcoming and not yet a date bone scan for my "enigmatic bone marrow" I was a bad, bad girl and went Googling. I know we all say don't and I bet at least half of us do anyway. I cam upon "pancytopenia" which can occur in the bone marrow of HER2+ breast cancer. Waaaa. My blood counts for RBC, WBC, platelets were all within range and should have shown up if I had that. But now I am convinced that is what I have. I fired off an email to my MO who is very good about responding and talking me off the ledge.

Have any of you ladies had this?

• sunshine99

Pocket duty for all who have appointments today. My root canal was canceled for today. I'm trying to get through to the MO's office about the results of my PIK3 CA test. Anxiety is up a notch or two...

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

It's been a minute. Hello to all ! Stay well!

• illimae

The javelina realize we’re back 😀

• elderberry

mae: I trust the javelina are not in the same league as wild boars. I think the place we stayed at in Sedona who had javalena would have warned us. How nice to live among donkeys and javalena and such beautiful scenery

• micmel

Runor!!!!!!!! 💐😂♥️

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Mae thanks so much for the wildlife photos. Really makes my day.

Mel you're almost at 800 pages in the living room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well congratulations dear. This site makes my day.

I hope all those with scans today did well.

Zometa infusion tomorrow.

Take care all

Tanya

• sunshine99

runor, how NICE to see your name here!

• myshadow
    myshadow Member Posts: 40

Hello - I'm mostly just a lurker 👀 and don't post very often. I follow along and feel like I know you all, but you don't know me haha.

Kittykat- I was just wondering if your doctor has mentioned the possibility of frozen shoulder. A couple of years ago, I was having a lot of pain in my upper arm and shoulder. An MRI was done and I had some mild tendon issues, along with “abnormal marrow remodeling". I had bone marrow biopsy to check for myelodysplastic syndrome and leukemia (both chemo induced issues). Thankfully nothing was found. They decided the abnormal marrow was due to pancytopenia and effects of using Neulasta for an extended amount of time (during Kadcyla treatment). I guess I caused the frozen shoulder due to babying my sore arm. PT, heating pad, and time seemed to fix the issue. I hope it turns out to be something that can be fixed for you. We all have enough issues to deal with!

Good to “meet” all of you.

• elderberry

Kittykat: I had a buggered shoulder caused by calcific tendinopathy . Radial shock therapy cured me. I see you mentioned pancytopenia . I have a bone scan coming up since the PET and MRI were inconclusive. I have not used Neulasta but I have convinced myself that is what is causing my weird "glow" in the bone marrow. What did they use to treat your? I need to know I will live enough to enjoy the major renos my poor 1920's kitchen (reno'ed in maybe 1940/50) is undergoing.

runor: Hi! Are you flooding now that you have gone through the fires? What a mess in the Interior. My sister in Kamloops could only find three lonely turnips in the produce section and had to use ice cream in her coffee since they were out of milk.