For ALL Not Diagnosed Newbies: Imaging & Common Symptoms FAQs
Our very helpful member djmammo has taken the time to research and put together some extremely helpful information for all newbies who find themselves here, worried about a symptom, a test result, or interpreting image results.
Please take a moment to read through the thread links applicable to your situation below. Many times, reading these threads first will help answer your questions without having to share your specific situation. Feel free however to post any additional questions you may have, either on the thread that applies to your question, or on a new thread in the Not Diagnosed but Worried forum.
We hope this helps, and again, BIG THANKS to djmammo for putting these together!
- While you're waiting to have your symptoms evaluated...
- Palpable Breast Masses
- Nonpalpable Mammographic Findings
- Breast Pain
- Common Benign Causes of Breast Pain
- Nipple Discharge
- Benign and Malignant Causes of Nipple Changes
- Interpreting Your Mammography and Ultrasound Reports
- Interpreting Mammograms: Architectural Distortion
- Interpreting Mammograms: Calcifications
- Interpreting Mammograms: Assymetry
- BI-RADS Explained
- Lymph Nodes on Ultrasound
- Breast MRI Explained
- What type of imaging is most accurate?
- What Should I Ask My Doctor?
- How much time the Radiologist spends with you
- Breast Cancer Risk Assessment Tool from Cancer.gov
- Mammoguide Videos - Breast Imaging Simplified
- Breast Imaging Information/Resources
How to Read a Mammogram: