Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lymph Nodes on Ultrasound

1235»

Comments

• MelCam78
    MelCam78 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2020

Thank you so much! I will look.

• Wen513
    Wen513 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2020

Thank you for this info! Would lymphoma nodes also appear malignant or just enlarged? I’m dealing with an inflamed right axilla node, appeared benign on u/s, but am referred for a biopsy. Mammogram and u/s found no abnormalities in breasts. I was curious that if it’s ‘more than likely’ benign, could it be something else, like lymphoma.

• jlt814
    jlt814 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2021

@Wen513 I'm dealing with a similar situation- One palpable reactive lymph node that I felt and which led to a diagnostic mammo and ultrasound. Both came back clear thankfully, but I have to go back in 6-8 weeks and see if the lymph node ( I think there are actually 3 of them that were larger than they should be) return to normal size. I received a Birads 3 and it says "probably benign". I'd love to know the accuracy of a radiologist in predicting this based on an ultrasound alone.

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    edited February 2021

The radiologist who used to post here said ultrasound is a great tool on lymph nodes and being able to see if they are just enlarged or abnormal. Birads 3 is estimated to have a less than 3% chance of being cancer

• ava55
    ava55 Member Posts: 42

Hi,

I had Mx two years ago following g DCIS (no chemo as oncotype nor large enough to measure). Last Jan I noticed a raised area near site of mx and was worried about lymph nodes. Ultrasound came back clear.

I went for annual check today and ultrasound showed enlarged lymph node in same area. They did a biopsy and graded it 4/5. Anyone else in the same situation?

• maggiehopley
    maggiehopley Member Posts: 103

When I was diagnosed in May '22, I had an enlarged lymph node that was given a BIrads 5. The biopsy came back benign. Follow-up CT scan in March '23 showed the lymph node is unchanged- still enlarged- but no growth. The radiologist confirmed it as stable and benign.

• ava55
    ava55 Member Posts: 42

Thank you for this it gives me hope Maggie xx