Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Pain and side effects with estrogen blockers post treatment

Options
2»

Comments

• lulu44
    lulu44 Member Posts: 32
    Options

I was referred to palliative care and they are managing my pain with opioids for now. I was not able to function, now my pain is well controlled. Just have to be really careful to take EXACTLY as prescribed. Hope you’re doing bette

• Dragon13
    Dragon13 Member Posts: 1
    Options

ILC, I tried tamoxiphen which sent me into the worst downward spiral. I called my doctor who immediately took me off of it. I was the put on Lupro and Letrozole. All of the side effects were manageable until my oophorectomy. After that severe pain in my feet, knees and ribs. I can barely walk. This is awful. I'm 45 and looking at early retirement because I can't function with this in my profession. I work out, eat healthy, sleep, drink plenty of water. I suppose I will switch again…(sigh

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

Dragon13, first, we welcome you here to our community. We're so sorry to hear about all the pain you are in. Are you also talking with palliative care to manage your pain? Have the doctors suggested anything?

• vidal1993
    vidal1993 Member Posts: 60
    Options

Hello ILC and everybody else:

My wife was diagnosed with Stage 2A, she is ER/PR positive and HER2 negative. 2 surgeries, chemotherapy, radiation treatment and now hormone therapy. She is taking Tamoxifen and Lupron injections. She is also a Type 2 diabetic, and has thyroid cancer (had a thyroidectomy).

I think there are also some mental health issues at play--depression/anxiety.

She suffers from chronic pain, She was taking Gabapentin for awhile, and also Naproxen. She is 46. We have 2 daughters.

The pain is especially bad in the winter.

She is considering medical marijuana but is reluctant to go this route.

Anybody had any experiences with this they could share with me? Was the marijuana effective? She would likely take the topical kind.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,779
    Options

Vidal,

We have a Cannabis Basics threads that you might find helpful. Read through it and ask away if you have any questions. Lots of experience from beginners to experienced users but as research is difficult to come by (Schedule I drug ☹️) it is mainly anecdotal. If you live in a legal state, why is your wife reluctant? Topical applications do not result in psychoactive effects.

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/79/topics/874792?page=5#post_5733621

• vidal1993
    vidal1993 Member Posts: 60
    Options

Thank you. I'll have a look.