Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Are you currently (or have you been) in a Clinical Trial?

Options
1130131132133134136»

Comments

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,760
    Options

A new paper out finds that lasofoxifene, which is currently used to treat ESR1 mutant cancers, is also effective on endocrine-resistant breast cancer cells that do not have an ESR1 mutation but instead have lower ER and increased Her2 levels…

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/38849889/

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,009
    edited June 14
    Options

Cure-ious-I am one of the ones who suggested MSM. I've been taking it for maybe 4 years now. I don't want to sound vain but I get a lot of compliments on my hair ☺️and I wonder if it has had other positive effects on my cancer. Who knows? I'm still alive and kicking so it can't be hurting me too much.

• newgardener
    newgardener Member Posts: 102
    Options

Lauren @cblaurenceauthor - that is just great news. Time to celebrate a little and kick back & relax.

• cblaurenceauthor
    cblaurenceauthor Member Posts: 22
    Options

I sure could use a beer, haha, but my liver wouldn't appreciate it!

Thanks, @cure-ious Yup, we gotta win sometimes! :)

• cure-ious
    Options

Chicagoan, Well, thanks again for suggesting MSM!!! Has it had any effect on your ALT or AST levels? When I dropped Verzenio my hair improved a bit but its still just barely-there, and I refuse to move to a wig. I just bought a bag of MSM crystals (the horse tablets were too much for me) and I wonder if I should take collagen supplement as well? But you see MSM helping your hair even without collagen, is that right?! Dang I hope this works- did it help your nails as well, or mostly hair? I wonder if there is overlap in mechanism of action with the sulphorane of DIM/I3c…

• chicagoan
    Options

Cure-ious-I tried collagen before MSM. It did nothing for my hair or nails. I put MSM fast dissolving crystals in water. It is the first thing I drink every morning. It took about 6 months for me to notice improvement in my hair but it has made a great difference. New hair obviously has to grow and that's why it takes time to see results. My ALT and AST levels are very good.

When I need to move to a wig I plan on getting something like the woman boss in Night Agent. She has fairly long grey hair-I read an interview where she said it was a wig and thought-Aha-that's what I'll do when the time comes. But hopefully that won't be for a while.

My nails are still a disaster-I need to keep them very short because they crack off. They are not as bad in the summer but really bad in the winter. Maybe collagen would work for you but I was very disappointed.

• cure-ious
    Options

Thanks so much, Chicagoan- I've stopped coloring my hair and had it cut very short, and actually wish I'd done that years ago because its a lot more flattering on my face, but the thin-ness is kinda shocking and there is not much one can do for styling. So I will give it a long time and hope it fills out and strengthens- it would feel so great to fix this, and my daughter is getting married next year, I told her if I can't fix it I will be there in a Dolly Parton wig, yikes…

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 787
    Options

@chicagoan - where do you buy the MSM fast dissolving crystals supplement? I need to try something for my hair :/

• chicagoan
    Options

Cure-ious-I hope that the MSM works for you. It seems like you should have enough time before the wedding but a Dolly Parton wig would be fun too!

Aprilgirl-Your hair looked good to me but here is the link for what I buy on Amazon:

https://msmpure.com/shop/powder-fine-msm-crystals/

• perky2020
    perky2020 Member Posts: 75
    Options

Good news continues so far on the KAT6/CDK4 trial I am on. Tumor markers plummeted after 4 weeks and continue to decline. CA27-29 almost normal at 46. Liver mets are smaller and bone mets started to respond at about 4 months. SEs are minimal, mostly fatigue, I nap daily. I can do most activities, just need to pace myself! Taste is off, especially for salt. Eyes very dry but recently found some eyedrops that seems to be helping. But my finger nails are the best they have been since I was originally diagnosed!

Here is the trial information: https://clinicaltrials.gov/study/NCT04606446

It is so great to see activity on this string again! I always learn so much from everyone.

Cure-ious - what a remarkable response to an unconventional combination! Hoping it continues for you for a very long time!!

jsniffs - how are you doing on the taxol+capivasertib? I too have the AKT1 mutation and my ER+ moved from 95% to 10% and HER2 from 2 to 1. So guessing if we cant target the AKT1 at some point I will also be triple negative.

Lauren - Wow, congratulations! Sounds like you have a great oncologist!

• perky2020
    Options

With a picture just because I really like to look at this one!!!😁

• cblaurenceauthor
    cblaurenceauthor Member Posts: 22
    Options

Wow @perky2020 !! Such great news! Gotta love those tumor marker drops!

Thanks for the link to the trial - it's available in San Antonio and Houston for me, so this will be the first thing I ask about when the time comes. So thrilled it's working for you!!

The Halaven is still working—tumor markers dropped another 350, so I'm at 450 from a high of 1200. Far from normal but headed in the right direction. Trying not to get too excited and my hopes up for a long stretch and just going from blood test to blood test. :)

Best to everyone!

Lauren

• cure-ious
    Options

Wow, Perky, I would look at that chart every night, nothing as marvelous as when a drug combo shuts the cancer down completely!!!

Thanks for posting the trial, great that its at UCLA and UCSF, its probably not for me because it might not handle the ESR1 mutation, but will look into that question to be sure…

And Lauren, I'm so so so happy for you, was actually coming on today hoping you were doing well… What a great summer its turning out to be!

• cure-ious
    edited July 10
    Options

Hey Perky, there is a report out from last month in Nature Medicine (v highly-rated journal; data must be very good) about your trial!!!

Abstract

Inhibition of histone lysine acetyltransferases (KATs) KAT6A and KAT6B has shown antitumor activity in estrogen receptor-positive (ER+) breast cancer preclinical models. PF-07248144 is a selective catalytic inhibitor of KAT6A and KAT6B. In the present study, we report the
    safety, pharmacokinetics (PK), pharmacodynamics, efficacy and biomarker results from the first-in-human, phase 1 dose escalation and dose expansion study (n = 107) of PF-07248144 monotherapy and fulvestrant combination in heavily pretreated ER+ human epidermal growth factor receptor-negative (HER2−)metastatic breast cancer (mBC). The primary objectives of assessing the safety and tolerability and determining the recommended dose for expansion of PF-07248144, as monotherapy and in combination with fulvestrant, were met. Secondary endpoints included characterization of PK and evaluation of antitumor activity, including objective response rate (ORR) and progression-free survival (PFS). Common treatment-related adverse events (any grade; grades 3–4) included dysgeusia (83.2%, 0%), neutropenia (59.8%, 35.5%) and anemia (48.6%, 13.1%). Exposure was approximately dose proportional. Antitumor activity was observed as monotherapy. For the PF-07248144–fulvestrant combination (n = 43),the ORR (95% confidence interval (CI)) was 30.2% (95% CI = 17.2–46.1%) and the median PFS was 10.7 (5.3–not evaluable*) months. PF-07248144 demonstrated a tolerable safety profile and durable antitumor activity in heavily pretreated ER+HER2− mBC. These findings establish KAT6A and KAT6B as druggable cancer targets, provide clinical proof of concept and reveal a potential avenue to treat mBC. clinicaltrial.gov registration: NCT04606446.

• not evaluable= means some people are still on the drug for longer than the 10.7 months, how long have you been on this?
    • When they are already getting good numbers for PFS in a phase 1 trial, you know its promising…

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-024-03060-0

• perky2020
    Options

Yes, that is my trial! I started in December. I understand it is going well world wide. They have even started a new arm of 3 weeks on and 1 week off to see if they can address the SEs.

• smallmoments
    smallmoments Member Posts: 34
    Options

Hi All. I've been off the boards ever since the decision to possibly leave the RLY-2608 trial (targeted PIK3CA drug). Just needed to take a break, clear my head, and distract myself with life. The two marker liver lesions were growing in very small margins, bone scans are stable but TMs going up quite a bit. I stayed on the trial for a few more months but last week, despite fairly stable scans, MO and I decided to switch to Truqap. Interestingly, my last Guardant showed the PIk3ca mutation was higher than before and the ESR1 mutation disappeared (although from what I gathered from discussion with MO, the fact that I had an ESR1 mutation before may affect treatment choices? Perhaps going back to another AI may not be as effective since the mutation was there and "disappeared" as opposed to never having ESR1?? Not sure but have that on notes to discuss again).

Waiting for Guardant results before final decision on Truqap but that seems to be the likely next step. I'm so saddened by news of RK2020. I never did respond to her comment. So many losses of loving and generous people on this board. And to see the news about Shannen Dougherty just made this a very somber day. Her podcast on MBC was very intense, raw, and honest. I think she was ER+ (same as me). I'm off treatment until Guardant result comes in (hopefully next week) so I'm trying to savor being free of SEs but it's been a gray week and there's that dreaded thought that always comes up when something stops working. . . Thanks for listening and hope everyone is staying well.

• cure-ious
    edited July 15
    Options

SmallMoments, Thanks for the update, how long did the RLY-2608 last? One thing I read was PI3KCA inhibitors have a problem of working well but not lasting very long. Did you try adding Celebrex? not only does it block PI3KCA, but one of the main targets of the drug is PDK1, which is one of the main reasons cancers escape inhibition of Pi3KCA. So maybe add it in with Capi to get a longer response and better inhibition?

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41698-024-00496-y

• cure-ious
    edited July 15
    Options

In the figure below, you see Celebrex blocks PDK1 upstream of AKT:

• bsandra
    bsandra Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

Dear Cureious, are there some to you known Celebrex trials to know the dosage, scheduling, etc.? Saulius

• smallmoments
    smallmoments Member Posts: 34
    Options

Thanks so much, Cure-ious. I was on the trial for about 21 months. Quite good and I'm grateful. Thanks also for the Celebrex info. I read your posts about the Faslodex, Celebrex, Enobosarm with great interest. I will definitely look into getting Celebrex. Really appreciate it.