Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Are you currently (or have you been) in a Clinical Trial?

Options
1129130131132133135»

Comments

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,741
    edited April 15
    Options

Update on Pelareorep, a vaccine for HR-positive MBC: "encouraging data from 2 [phase 2] randomized studies, [the BRACELET-1 (NCT04215146) and IND-213 (NCT01656538) trials], as well as the [early
    phase 1] AWARE-1 study [NCT04102618],"

"pelareorep plus paclitaxel elicited a median progression-free survival (PFS) of 9.6 months (95% CI, 6.5–not reached [NR]) vs 6.4 months (95% CI, 2.0-NR) for paclitaxel alone and 5.8 months (95% CI, 3.5-NR) for pelareorep plus paclitaxel and avelumab. The 6-month PFS rates were 86% (95% CI, 54%-96%), 62% (95% CI, 28%-84%), and 50% (95% CI, 18%-74%), respectively." Note that adding in immunotherapy did not seem to help. talks are underway with FDA to figure out the way forward for this combo.

https://www.onclive.com/view/fda-receives-type-c-meeting-request-for-pelareorep-in-hr-her2-metastatic-breast-cancer

• cure-ious
    edited April 15
    Options

IMPORTANT:

Individuals with metastatic breast cancer who can no longer work are entitled to Medicare coverage under Social Security Disability
    Insurance; however, these patients must endure lengthy and arbitrary waiting periods for access to health care. With an average life
    expectancy of only three years for metastatic breast care patients, there is no time to waste.

That is why The Metastatic Breast Cancer Access to Care Act (H.R. 549, S. 663) must be enacted into law. This bill would waive the waiting periods and provide immediate access to those who qualify. After all, they paid for it.

The legislation has strong bipartisan support in Congress, but there are plenty in the House and Senate who have not signed on to it. If this is the case with your senator and/or CongressCritter, please urge them to vote and let's get this passed!!!

PS If you aren't sure your representatives are voting for this, you can just click on the link above to the bill and there you will find links to contact your senator or representative about this

• cure-ious
    Options

Update: The observed benefit of elacestrant with longer prior CDK4/6 inhibitor exposure was even greater in patients with ESR1-mutated tumors. The median PFS with elacestrant was 8.61 months (95% CI, 5.45-16.89) vs 2.10 months (95% CI, 1.87-3.75) with standard endocrine therapy.

Other updates that came up in Miami: https://www.cancernetwork.com/view/updates-in-breast-cancer-care-from-the-41st-annual-miami-breast-cancer-conference

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,697
    Options

I am in my seventh month with Elecestrant, and I’m hoping for much longer than the median eight months. I was on Ibrance for two years. So far my tumor markers have been responding, a great indicator in my case. I have lobular.

• chico
    chico Member Posts: 189
    Options

Cur-ious Thanks for posting this interesting information. Only a couple of weeks on Elecestrant but so far so good. Hopefully my 7.5 years on Ibrance and ESR1 mutations will stand me in good stead. However other things coming down the pipe are good to know about. See my Onc tomorrow for a chat so will run all this by him. Good luck to you kbl for a really good long run.

• rk2020
    rk2020 Member Posts: 693
    Options

@kbl Lobular can be so tricky to monitor so I’m glad your tumor markers are reliable. I hope you have a good LONG run on Elacestrant.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,697
    Options

@chico Thank you. I wish you the same.

@rk2020 Thank you. I don’t comment on the liver thread because I don’t have liver mets, but I do read it. Please know you are in my thoughts. 💕