Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Radiation October 2019

Options
1686970717274»

Comments

• petite1
    petite1 Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

Hi, Kamboka and mocame. Hope you both had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year. It was difficult from the 29th to the 1st. I had a multitude of meltdowns, but much better today.

• petite1
    Options

Not sure what happened, but it posted my message again. Anyway, I attended the grief support group, today and feeling OK. I have yoga this evening. A close friend of mine has an ill husband. He is in the hospital. I am going to dinner with her after yoga. We can support each other.

mocame, I don't miss show. LOL Florida gets cold enough for me. I hope your parents enjoy their stay.

Kamboka, the game sounds fun. I try to follow the Florida teams, especially the Bucs.

• kamboka
    kamboka Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

petite1: Glad our weather has gotten warmer. It will be mid 70s tomorrow with some rain. Today was nice and sunny and mid 60s. Did I mention that four of my family and I are doing an Alaska cruise in May. I'm so excited that I'm searching for more cruises even before this on. I've not cruised since the late 80's. My girlfriend told me she would be game to go with me on a transpacific cruise in 2025. I'll have to work hard to save up for that.

mocame: Are you in the bad winter weather zone for this weekend?

• mocame
    mocame Member Posts: 554
    Options

Kamboka - An Alaska cruise is on my bucket list! You will have a great time! The weather down there sounds wonderful too. Yes, I am in the way of the winter storm. I'm hearing anything from 1 to 3 inches, to as much as 8 to 10. Yuck! I'll be happy if we get 3 inches or less.

Petite1 - Im glad you are feeling better. How do you like doing yoga? Do you think it helps you feel better physically? I havent done yoga before but I keep hearing it would be good for my bones.

• petite1
    Options

mocame, I enjoy yoga, but I think I liked the Thi Chi classed better. It gets me out, doing something healthy and interacting with other people.

Kamboka, big storm coming in Tuesday afternoon. The county is closing schools early on Tuesday. The only thing I am doing is an oil change at 8:00 am.

• kamboka
    Options

petite1: What storm? I need to look at the weather report. It's suppose to be in the 70s and rain here, I think. I took Tai Chi many years ago and liked it a lot. I did chair Yoga back in November when I took the Mayo AI classes. I just sold my treadmill today that's been sitting in my exercise room growing dust. Now I have room for a futon or day bed to make another space for sleeping. I only have company a few times a year but usually it's when the entire family comes and I could use the 4th bedroom.

• petite1
    Options

Kamboka, over here we had a bad storm. There was a lot of damage in the panhandle. I think 3 died in Mariana.

• kamboka
    Options

So sad about the loss of life in Mariana. That area has a lot of bad weather.

Today, I jumped back into the Ebay saddle. I listed about 25 things. I think I realized that my auctions were not paying off. I had some lovely things in a good auction house last week and they sold so cheap. I wasn't happy that they had an auction so soon after Christmas. There were so few people bidding than normal. My next allotment of things will go on auction next week. I'm hoping for better but still would probably make more money with a cheap price on Ebay. Tomorrow, I need to photo and add about 15 more things.

• petite1
    Options

Kamboka, I did well in December. I noticed a decrease last week on my ebay sales. I have so much stuff to get rid of. LOL

• kamboka
    Options

petite1: Glad your December sales were good. I listed 31 items and nothing yet. It's mainly glassware and decorative art glass. I think the last few years have been harder for folks to buy d/t the economy. I think if I listed all the 'stuff' I need to sell for $1 each, I'd have well over a $1000 dollars. 😁

• petite1
    Options

Kamboka, That is a lot of stuff, but then, I have a dresser, a chest of drawers, a jewelry amour, and the closet filled with costume jewelry. LOL

• mocame
    Options

Hello Ladies! I hope you are doing well. As usual, work is very busy but has been going a lot better since my new boss started. I really enjoy working for her. She has given me added, more higher level of work but I'm enjoying it. My old boss had control issues and didn't trust anyone to do anything more than entry level. My stress levels are better, which is good for my health.

I'm hoping winter is done. I've had enough but it's still in the 20s in the mornings. Brrr!

My ebay was going really well until about 2 weeks ago and then it dropped big-time. I haven't sold anything in the past week. Ugh. But I was thinking of both of you because I did come across some jewelry that I'm now selling. Nothing amazing but it was cheap to buy. We will see how that goes. I haven't sold any of it yet.

I hope you have a good week!

• kamboka
    Options

mocame: I'm so happy to hear that your work environment has gotten better. I always say that the people you work with make or break the experience. You get a double bonus of a better boss and more responsibility that can help in case you want a promotion or change jobs.

I'm heading to DC today. I've been out of an assignment until last week. I will need to head back overseas for some months but not sure when. I'll have to be back for the month of May since that's when my Alaska cruise is and my mammogram. My bone density that I had last week came back normal. I told them I didn't want to take the Reclast yet and wait till I hit the two year mark. My Ebay has been so slow. I listed 30 items and only sold three. Most of it is glassware and that doesn't go well. My auction items last month did not sell well except for a few things. I really think it was because it was too close to Christmas. People didn't have spare money. I had some gorgeous art glass that only sold for 10 -15 when I had paid 30 - 40 for them. I need to liquidate all my stuff, quit buying, and save my money.

• petite1
    Options

Good to hear from you both. My ebay did well in Dec. It slowed down in Jan., but up this past week. I have been donating a shoe box of jewelry once a month, but still have tons of it. My church is having an auction on the 29th. I donated some better items to it. I have been organizing my stuff for taxes. IRS hasn't sent my over payment from last year, as yet. They have been sitting on it for 11 months. Last I checked, they said it would be sent 2/28. I will believe it when I see it. Ladies, I do enjoy retirement. I feel for you.

• petite1
    Options

Hi. I hope you are both well. I had a 6 month appointment with MO for labs and Prolia injection. Labs are fine. The Dermatologist found a place that she biopsied, so waiting for that. Saturday is another birthday for me. I have been celebrating all week.

• kamboka
    Options

petite1: Fingers crossed that your biopsy comes back negative. Happy birthday for Saturday! Do you have anything fun planned for that day?

I turn the big 6-5 in June and my mailbox has been inundated with medicare material. I went to a good seminar held at the library a week or so ago and it was helpful. I'm hoping to still be working with insurance but one never knows. I had to change insurance this month since my new assignment requires international insurance. It's the same insurance I had when I was diagnosed and they paid well. However, already, they are denying payment for one of my drugs - not related to cancer. I am supposed to leave next week but all the details have not been finalized yet. I'll have to come back to JAX for my cruise in May. I'm excited about the cruise but not about having to do three 30-hour flights.

I've been doing some heavy thinking about selling my house next spring. I can't really afford a house note with all the maintenance on a reduced salary. I'm doing some budgeting to see what makes sense. I could go live with my mom but don't really want to go back to TN. If she would move here, that would be better but she will not do it.

• mocame
    Options

Petite1 - Happy early Birthday!! I hope it's an extra special day for you. Also I will be praying that the biopsy comes back fine.

Kamboka - I hate dealing with new insurance. My insurance through my employer changed 1/1 and I now need to deal with a specialty pharmacy company for my prolia shot. Not fun. Have safe travels to your new job. I hope this job goes wells for you.

I saw my MO this week and everything seems fine except my bloodwork shows my white blood cell count is low. I havent been sick but I have been extra tired the past week or two. Not sure why.

• kamboka
    Options

mocame: Hope the low WBC is not too low and will rebound soon. Our meds have so many side effects—some that we don't even realize. I think I mentioned that I refused my Reclast last month and will reevaluate if I need it in September. That would be my two year mark. My bone density was really good.

I'm heading to the tax office soon. I worked a contract job last year and didn't pay enough estimated taxes. Boy, I got hit with a major penalty. The tax guy is trying to do something to reduce that amount. I'm not happy with the amount of taxes that is paid and I really don't think we get enough back. Fingers crossed that I don't have to sell and arm and a leg to pay Uncle Sam!

• petite1
    Options

Good to hear from you both. I am still waiting on the results. I should have them in about a week.

Kamboka, that is a shame about selling your house. You put your heart into it. You probably can make some profit on it with the way the market is. Since I had Blue Cross before I was 65, I just changed to the Blue Cross Medicare Advantage plan. It works well for me.

mocame, I hope you get to feeling better.

• petite1
    Options

Hello. Hope you both had a Happy Easter.

• kamboka
    Options

I hope you both had a happy Easter.

I'm back in Africa and they give Good Friday and Easter Monday as holidays. I had a very restful four day weekend. This assignment has been so busy since my 30+ flight to get here. I have to come back to the States in May for my cruise and then back again until September. I'm so ready to retire but can't afford it and I make decent money so need to keep this job for the moment. Maybe I will win the lottery!

• petite1
    Options

Kamboka, I am so glad to hear from you! Easter was nice. My niece, her son, and SO came for lunch. We has a nice time.

• mocame
    Options

I'm glad to hear both of you had a nice Easter. Mine was good as well. Always good to spend time with family. Kamboka, 30+ flight?! Wow, that's crazy! I would be exhausted.

I was sick for about 2 weeks. It wasn't covid but started as flu-like symptoms and went right to a cough. I still haven't gotten rid of that cough completely yet and it's almost 3 weeks. I'm still dealing with not feeling good, fatigue, etc. It's been about 1 1/2 months. Bloodwork comes back fine so I don't know what it is. Some days I feel just fine and other days, I'm tired by 8:00PM and could go to bed. That's not like me. I usually go, go, go from 6 AM to 11:00PM. I haven't been eating 100% as healthy as I used to, and I haven't been exercising as much so many that is why. We will see.

• kamboka
    Options

mocame: Sorry you have had a rough week or so. I guess that goes to show that somethings can be worse than COVID. I hope that you will feel better soon. It's no fun when you are fatigues and have no energy to just do the normal things needed. I hope that you've been able to go to bed well before 11. Getting more sleep can't hurt.

• petite1
    Options

mocame, I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Maybe getting back to the way you were eating and increasing your exercise will help.

• kamboka
    Options

Just checking in with everyone to see how things are going. The weather seems to be heating up in FL. I return on the 2nd and have a few days to get ready for my Alaska adventure. Honestly, I'm already NOT looking forward to going back overseas. I hate the love 30+ travel time and I miss being in the States and having all my familiar things around me. This assignment as been super busy d/t working with a few type A personalities. Every night I have to talk myself out of retiring early. I can't really afford it but life is short! I have my mammogram on the 7th. I stopped my AI in March but might start again since it will be cooler temps in Africa and the hot flashes wouldn't be so noticable.

• petite1
    Options

Kamboka, I am happy to be retired. LOL I have cataract surgery on the 30th. and 5/14. I am anxious about that.

• mocame
    Options

Kamboka - I wish I could retire but I have at least 12 years to go since I think the retirement age will be 67 by then. Ugh. Have a great trip to Alaska. That's on my bucket list.

Petite - My husband had cataract surgery years ago and it was fine. I hate putting drops in my eyes and that's why I dread ever having to get that done.

I had a bone density scan. My numbers are better than before and one is even in the normal range now. I don't actually see my bone Dr until June to get his input on the results. I had an appt with my PS and I will be having at least 1 MRI within the next year to check if the implants are okay and maybe another MRI to check to see if there is cancer anywhere. They said my MO would do that one.