Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Radiation October 2019

Options

Comments

• mocame
    mocame Member Posts: 554
    Options

Kamboka - I usually only get a cold once a year. I haven't had a sinus infection for 13 years until this year. But I have been on a supplement protocol for the past 4 months to help heal my reflux. I talked to the functional medicine dr, who is prescribing this protocol for me, about getting sick again and she said that the supplements may have something to do with it because my body is doing a lot of work right now. :( Today was the first day that I feel pretty much normal. I have not heard of a Natera test. I Googled it and sounds like it is a early cancer detection or shows if you are at higher risk for recurrence? I had never heard of this before.

• petite1
    petite1 Member Posts: 2,191
    Options

Good morning, ladies. I am feeling better. I had a wonderful weekend get away with my niece. The motel was old, but clean. It was $149.

• kamboka
    kamboka Member Posts: 1,053
    Options

petite1: glad you are feeling better. Did it take two weeks to get better? Where is this picture, TN or FL?

• mocame
    Options

Petite - Beautiful view! I'm glad you are feeling better. My husband is still trying to get 100% over his cold that he has been battling for over two weeks.

I had an appt with my RO's PA last week. This was the first time I met with her. My other PA retired, and this PA now told me my RO has left too. The good news is that everything looked fine, and I graduated to no more appointments with them unless I need to. Yay!

Starting to get back into ebay. I donated most of what I had to sell so now I'm left with just the stuff of my own to sell…which is still a lot. I'm going to be doing it even more part-time than I had before because we have a lot of things going on right now. We may be purchasing our neighbor's house and rent it out. Plus my daughter is hoping to move out and I will change her bedroom into the spare bedroom/ebay room.

• kamboka
    Options

mocame: Nothing worse than summer colds. Hope he gets better soon.

Glad that you are being graduated out. I was supposed to graduate but when I told my doc that I had stopped the AI for a bit, she changed it. I did start back after a month. I don't think I had much change except my incontinence got better. I think something is affecting my nerves and causing that problem. What a hassle as it makes me feel so much older. :)

I start my new assignment next week. It was supposed to be 6/1 but they were so slow to get the paperwork done. So, of course, I wasted time when I should have been organizing my Ebay stuff. My spare bedroom is so full of Ebay stuff and stuff for my annual yard sale. I would love to clean out that room. I like Ebay but I hate taking the photos to be posted.

Good luck with the rental property. I wish I had done that early in my career so I could use it for some retirement income. Property here has been valued upwards so high that I can't afford to get another property. COVID migration caused it so now my property taxes are higher too.

Today is my birthday so I'm trying to think of a nice restaurant for my birthday meal.

• petite1
    Options

Kamboka, Happy Birthday. My trinkets have, again taken over the spare room. I donated a shoe box full of jewelry to one of the thrift stores. That did not make a dent. The joints in my feet hurt. I am guessing it is probably from Al.

mocame, I still have 2 rentals. When they ae good they are very good. When they are bad they are horrid.

• kamboka
    Options

I've been busy trying to come up with some designs for my kitchen remodel. I'm doing the cabinets, countertops and backsplash. I started this back in May and just now getting my selections. I've spent a lot of time getting estimates. If I could cancel, I probably would since my new assignment has been delayed by five weeks. Ugh, that was my 'fun' money. Now, my next check will be 'bills' money. :)

• petite1
    Options

Kamboka, I was going to do some slight kitchen changes, but some things didn't quite work out the way I wanted. I will put it off for a future project. My A/C can't handle the heat we have been having, so that is a priority.

• petite1
    Options

My A/C totally died. Of course it is a holiday weekend and can't get a new one installed until Weds. The a/c guy put a small window unit in one bedroom, so I have a cool spot. The rest of the house has been running about 88 to 90 degrees. My cat is afraid of the window unit and won't come in there with me, but he doesn't seem to mind the heat.

Happy 4th of July.

• kamboka
    Options

petite1: I feel your pain. When mine went out two years ago, I had two weeks with no air. The one portable unit in my bedroom was a blessing. My house doesn't get that hot so it was low 80s in the rest. This is one of our hottest weeks so I hope they can get your unit in quickly. This is the reason I decided to get the new HVAC in May. I knew my old one would break down just when I didn't want it to.

I finally will be starting my new assignment tomorrow. I so enjoyed the time off but need the money. I wish I could win the lottery and then I could quit work and do fun and important stuff that I like. (First, I need to start playing the lottery).

Happy 4th of July! I was too lazy to even put up my decorative 4th flag. I stopped doing each holiday when I was traveling so much and haven't started back.

• mocame
    Options

Petite1 - I hope you got your a/c now. It's too hot without a/c!

Kamboka - I hope your new assignment goes well. How long will this one last?

We are leaving for the beach on Saturday morning so I am busy trying to get food and packing done. I have also started my ebay back up again. Not that I had stopped selling anything but I hadn't listed any new items for over a year. I feel like my views are starting to increase really well on my items but I have to put them on Time Away while I'm at the beach. That usually causes them to drop dramatically until I've been back a week or so.

• petite1
    Options

Kamboka, Hope all goes well with your new assignment. The A/C project is going slowly. They removed the old one and found issues they didn't know about. The wood was rotten that supports the unit. There are problems with the ducts. So I am still without air. It makes me grumpy.

mocame, I have tons of stuff to list, but have trouble making myself do it. I enjoy looking at it and not getting it listed. Maybe it is the heat.

• kamboka
    Options

mocame: Glad your sales are going well. I've only list one thing and did sell it. I'm just lazy as I had doing the photography and then transferring to my laptop—since I can't work off my phone. I have been listing on Facebook and doing pretty good. However, I've been trying to sell some good bar stools and keep having folks say they are coming and never show up.

petite1: Hoping that your A/C is back on now. Today is finally cooler since we are getting our normal afternoon thunderstorms. I've got an electrician coming today to replace my ceiling fan and my dining room light. Two FB finds. I need to hang two large pictures that I'm changing out but not sure if he will be able to help me. It's so tough not having a truck and being alone when it comes to redecorating!

• kamboka
    Options

I started the new assignment last Wednesday and now I'm leading the charge (blindly). :) I have loads of meetings and they are early. Many of my colleagues are in eastern Europe and are 10 hours ahead so we have to start early to get them. I'm getting better at waking up early but I still can't go to bed early.

I got my new countertops put in today and they are lovely. Now, the plumber is trying to get me set up again. Next week the cabinets get painted. Since I didn't get to work in May and June, I need to get a second job.

• petite1
    Options

Kamboka, send a photo when the kitchen rehab is finished.

• petite1
    Options

My new a/c is wonderful.

• petite1
    Options

Just saying, HI. I am still dealing the frustrations of probate. Yesterday was a big mess. Homeowner's insurance expires on my house and one rental in August. The company that insures my house is pulling out of Florida. As both houses are in probate, I need temporary "Estate of" insurance. The broker is having trouble finding a company. The cost for the insurance will require inspections and be very costly. The investment company is also putting the DH's account into "Estate of" and requires an estate ID number from IRS. The topper, I still haven't gotten the overpayment money back from IRS and my CPA won't call me back.

The good thing, my DN is coming up for the weekend.

• mocame
    Options

Petite1 - Ugh! That sounds horrible and frustrating. I can't imagine. I haven't been through that yet but I will keep you in my prayers. I'm glad the a/c is working!

Kamboka - How are you?

I have been busy at work, as usual. We have a consultant coming in a couple days a week to help out and figure out what is needed in our department. Everything is a slow progress. Buying the neighbor's house is also a slow process and I'm anxious to get that done too.

I'm back to selling on ebay and sales are picking up but going on vacation had then slowed that down too. I started listing a lot of things and I've been sourcing a lot too. Hopefully it will start to pick up and money will start rolling in. I am now trying online auctions to source thing to sell. We will see how that goes.

Have a good week!

• petite1
    Options

mocame, My Ebay sales are picking up too. It is probably too hot for people outside, so they are shopping online.

• petite1
    Options

Kamboka, I had not heard of Natera. It sounds similar to what I had that identified the mutant gene my family carries. Your trips sound fun. Maybe I will do more traveling once I get finished with probate and IRS sends back my over payment. It was a busy week and I am looking forward to relaxing this weekend. I want to list a bunch of Ebay junk. That way I will have room for more. LOL

• kamboka
    Options

I'm going to see if I can stop the AIs since my test came back negative. I'm having more joint problems and especially a nerve issue on the right leg. It makes me weak and I fear I'll fall. My kitchen redo is almost there except for the backsplash and the massive hole that they made pulling out my old counters. The white cabinets look so good and make the room brighter. I'm having a hard time picking my favorite backsplash as I've gone through at least 30 samples. Home Depot, Lowe's and Floor/Decor see me all the time with returns.

My mom, sister and a cousin have decided that we are going on an Alaska cruise. I haven't cruised since the 90s. We will do a one way cruise up and then do a railroad trip up to Fairbanks. I can't wait even though it's in May.

• petite1
    Options

Kamboka, Your May trip sounds amazing. My parents did the Alaskan cruise and loved it so much that when they came home, they got it the car and drove back.

• kamboka
    Options

I'd love to do a road trip. I think it takes a week to get there for the west coast. I hope you get your refund check so you can do something fun.

I'm having my annual yardsale on the Veteran's day weekend. My mom and her helper are coming to assist. I am praying for no rain. I usually do it in November when it's cooler and less chance of rain.

• mocame
    Options

Petite1 - I'm glad your ebay sales have been going well. My sales have been mediocre since I got back from vacation. I have set up my ebay station in our basement and, even though it's not 100% organized yet, it is working well.

Kamboka - I hope you can stop the AIs. My MO is saying at least 10 years. Since I have been eating whole food plant based, I don't have hardly any joint pain issues unless I sit for a long time. They have affected my bones, though, and I am just now starting to do specific exercises for my bones. I should've been doing them before but procrastinated making them a priority. I love cruising and, like you, haven't cruised since the 90's and the midnight buffets were a thing! Yum! An Alaskan cruise is on my bucket list. I'm so excited for you!

• petite1
    Options

mocame, my knees and my feet joints have been bothering me. The feet pain is new. I have my MO visit coming up along with my diagnosis anniversary. I will discuss it with him.

• kamboka
    Options

mocame: I'm hearing that all the cruise lines stopped the midnight buffets. That was the highlight of my last cruises.

I am so lazy. Just the thought of exercise wears me out. Unfortunately, I love food too much and I'm gaining weight again. Ugh.

petite1: I'm thinking going off the AIs for the month helped my foot neuropathy. However, I did start on gabapentin and I use hot pads on my feet every night. I've not had to wake up to rub them like I was having to do most of the time I was overseas.

• petite1
    Options

Hope all are well. My house is insured and so is the rental. Yay! Only Charles Schwab investments are left in limbo. Yay! IRS has not yet sent back my money from the over payment. Hopefully they will before my trip with my grandnephew and his wife. My 4 year BC anniversary is this month and MO follow up. I think I have started shrinking, I can force myself to almost be 5"2". Relaxed I am 5'1". I have been doing some exercises that are suppose to strengthen the back and walking around with a book on my head. My mom was 5'8" and 5'4" when she died. My brother has probably lost 4" as well.

• kamboka
    Options

petite1: When is your trip? Where are you heading, TN? You know how when we owe the govt money, it has to go fast but when they owe us money, it's slow. I started my new assignment on 7/5. I've not been paid anything yet. I know I get paid monthly but I didn't know it would take them a month to do payroll before paying. I'm expanding, not shrinking. The weight is coming back strong. It's depressing how fast I gain weight. It's like a dragon inside my stomach saying "feed me" all the time. :)

• mocame
    Options

Petite1 - I hope your money comes soon! I am 5' 1 1/4" tall and I will take every 1/4" I can get! LOL. I hope I don't shrink much.

Kamboka - I hope you get paid soon. They should tell you that ahead of time if it would be more than a month so you could budget accordingly.

My daughter moved out a couple of weeks ago. My son is now commuting to college and that starts this week. Work is stressful and I've still been working long hours but my boss is retiring by the end of the year (Yay!) and we are hoping things will calm/quiet down. I've been also working hard on my ebay stuff. It has been really dead until this weekend and then I tied the most sales I had in a weekend. Yay!

On a sad note…My coworker, who was diagnosed stage 4 in 5/2021, seems to be losing her battle to cancer. She was given only a year to live when she was diagnosed. She went Whole Foods Plant Based in her lifestyle/eating and she exercised a lot. She was doing great until about 2 weeks ago. In May, they had put her on a new medication and it didn't work and actually made her body more sick. In a 2 week period, she went from walking 2 miles a day to not being able to get dressed after a shower due to fatigue. Her and I had become very close due to our cancer journeys and I'm struggling with it and watching her slowly die. Thankfully, she has a good support and belief system.

Thank you for your friendship and I hope you have a good week!

• kamboka
    Options

mocame: I'm so sorry to hear about the decline in health of your cancer buddy. I do remember you talking about her. Is there any chance to try another medication? I was reminiscing the other day about what struggle with cancer treatment was the worse and I came up with the fatigue. I know we all went through periods where it was a struggle to just get out of bed and brush our teeth before having to sit and rest. I can't even imagine going from walking two miles to struggling now. On a positive note, as fast as things turn negative, they can also turn positive. I, too, hope she has supportive family and friends and she continues to do the spiritual things that make a difference.

Good for you with the Ebay sales. I've listed about 10 things now and only have sold one. I had them on auction but maybe I'll just try buy now instead.

Still waiting to get my backsplash put in but I can't choose which pattern I want. There are so many pretty ones.