Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

March 2020 Surgery Group

Options
12346»

Comments

• cyathea
    cyathea Member Posts: 330
    Options

I am using Mepitac 2 cm x 3 m silicone tape by Safetac. The tape is .8 inches wide which is helpful for me since my scars are curved and very long. I put the tape on in a few pieces due to the curve.

I take the tape off when I shower and then reuse it until it doesn’t stick well. With over 3 feet of length, I think it will last a long time.

I tried a silicone cream but I didn’t like the marks it made on my shirts, so for me, the tape is much better. I got it on Amazon and it wasn’t too expensive. Note that if you buy wider tape, it is more expensive so besure you include the size in your search.

• annoyingboob
    annoyingboob Member Posts: 459
    Options

have any march surgery girls had exchange to implant yet? mine is next week...

• angieb92
    angieb92 Member Posts: 291
    Options

Mine isn’t until July 2nd.

• angieb92
    Options

I just got a call from my PS. Monday, June 8th has opened in their schedule!! I go for a pre-op appointment Friday and a COVID-19 test Saturday. I’m so excited! Another box to check off

• annoyingboob
    Options

good luck!! its a breeze c/w the bmx.

• angieb92
    Options

Thanks!! I’m just looking forward to getting away from this iron bra feeling!!

• annoyingboob
    Options

sadly, I think that’s the alloferm and that doesn’t go away.

• sage
    sage Member Posts: 24
    Options

AngieB92 - good luck today!!! So excited for you! Good luck with your surgery and hope you have a swift recovery.

• angieb92
    Options

Thanks, Sage!

I’m home a resting comfortably. Just some minor pain right now. I’m so glad to get this behind me

• maryjv
    maryjv Member Posts: 269
    Options

congrats Angie!!! Rest and recover!!! 🙏

• cyathea
    cyathea Member Posts: 330
    Options

AngieB92, I’m glad everything went well. I wish you a quick recovery and life that is hopefully more normal.

• Cat029
    Cat029 Member Posts: 24
    Options

I had surgery at the end of March and currently have expanders. Has anyone experience stinging pain 6 months after surgery around expanderr